Buy Low/Sell High

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Buy Low/Sell High

Postby Ice » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:42 am

skinfanjon wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:37 am :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I'm a troll, it's only because you're a hack.

One of us has provided valuable insight into the Redskins receiving corp.

(Hint: It's not you)
16 posts total 13 in this thread!

YOU ARE A TROLL, Better go clean up your basement home before your mommy takes your privileges away!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:46 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The prosecution rests, your honor.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:56 am

Well...

Adam Thielen - Great sell high, any thoughts?
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:05 am

joeya2001 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:56 am Well...

He would be in my sell high window. I believe that Diggs will eventually step up more than he has and i just dont see Thielen's value getting any higher. Think he is a great WR but i would be looking to cash in on him after this past year.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:49 am

UATahoe wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:05 am
joeya2001 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:56 am Well...

He would be in my sell high window. I believe that Diggs will eventually step up more than he has and i just dont see Thielen's value getting any higher. Think he is a great WR but i would be looking to cash in on him after this past year.

Agreed,

my reason why I think hes a sell high

I don't think he will be able to produce his numbers, I don't think he puts up the numbers he did last year with a healthy Cook.

and the previous year, ( I could be wrong) but they didn't have much of a running game to they again had to fall back on the passing game.

I think his numbers dip, and if you don't sell now, this time next year you wont be able to get that 1st for a stable player for him.

WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:01 am

Come on, guys. Why make it personal? Both sides in the Crowder argument have given some really good info. And it is up to others to make of it what they will. This kind of ad hominem exchanges just killed the Popcorn Thread. And now it may bring down one of the better threads going right now.

Just give it a break (with the ad hominems). It looked like you got beyond it a few pages ago, and then, WHAM, right back at it. It's like you write up 2 to 3 paragraphs of substantive material, and then you conclude with a personal dig.

Enough has been said about Crowder. Let's all calendar this thread and come back in January / February of 2019. It will be awesome reading!

I agree with someone who named Dante Pettis. The 49ers don't have much of a WR corps. So there's targets to be had. And the 49ers front office did invest some meaningful draft capital into Pettis. That said, he is also a great return man, and that may have made them pay a little more.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:10 am

Completely agree. Good pieces said on both said concerning Hogan and Crowder both which i have found very helpful and useful for personal evaluation purposes. Lets keep the good discussion going forward with other players that fit the bill of the thread title.

I will throw out one of my own right now. With all of the talk of Cohen and the Bears offense, i am starting to really like Jordan Howard. Its a bit risky but his perceived value to me seems quite low for a guy who has put up the numbers he has the last 2 years.

2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:18 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:01 am Come on, guys. Why make it personal? Both sides in the Crowder argument have given some really good info. And it is up to others to make of it what they will. This kind of ad hominem exchanges just killed the Popcorn Thread. And now it may bring down one of the better threads going right now.

Just give it a break (with the ad hominems). It looked like you got beyond it a few pages ago, and then, WHAM, right back at it. It's like you write up 2 to 3 paragraphs of substantive material, and then you conclude with a personal dig.

Enough has been said about Crowder. Let's all calendar this thread and come back in January / February of 2019. It will be awesome reading!

I agree with someone who named Dante Pettis. The 49ers don't have much of a WR corps. So there's targets to be had. And the 49ers front office did invest some meaningful draft capital into Pettis. That said, he is also a great return man, and that may have made them pay a little more.
I would disagree with san fran not having good targets.

Garcon, Kittle, Goodwin, Mckinnion, Goodwin.

There not top 10 caliber WR's but They could get the job donw.

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:20 am

UATahoe wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:10 am Completely agree. Good pieces said on both said concerning Hogan and Crowder both which i have found very helpful and useful for personal evaluation purposes. Lets keep the good discussion going forward with other players that fit the bill of the thread title.

I will throw out one of my own right now. With all of the talk of Cohen and the Bears offense, i am starting to really like Jordan Howard. Its a bit risky but his perceived value to me seems quite low for a guy who has put up the numbers he has the last 2 years.
Does that make Cohen a sell high then?

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:24 am

joeya2001 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:20 am
UATahoe wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:10 am Completely agree. Good pieces said on both said concerning Hogan and Crowder both which i have found very helpful and useful for personal evaluation purposes. Lets keep the good discussion going forward with other players that fit the bill of the thread title.

Does that make Cohen a sell high then?
For me personally, i would hold him. I did go out and grab him in one league but i think right now Cohen's price is reasonable and i personally think he has a much higher ceiling. Possibly. I can see where people will be on both sides of that fence honestly.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:39 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:03 pm Love this back and forth and it's been mostly civil. Washington has one of the most interesting WR corps.

PRich got good money, but I think the contract reflects the value of his role as a lid lifter and d breaker, and the fact they didn't have a player in that role last year. They forced Vernon Davis into that, but he wore down as injuries elsewhere elevated his every down role. I don't think Richardson'll be solely a downfield decoy, they obviously would have to vary it, and that would include some slot snaps. But, I think he'll primarily be a perimeter chunk play guy.

Crowder meshes the best with Alex Smith's historical pattern of play, but it'll be interesting if Smith maintains his QB play from last year. I expect they'll play Crowder snaps out wide, at least at the beginning of the season. If he shows he can hold up and maintain performance, an extension would make sense. They need to know if they have a slot-only WR like Landry is derided as. They can't allow themselves to be in the position of the Dolphins were this offseason, who let a productive WR go because they didn't know if he could play out wide.

Doctson is the most interesting WR here. They've cleared the deck, so to speak, for him to be the primary WR. I think he's the upside play. I think he's also the reason they haven't really augmented the WR corps, like bringing in Dez. If he can't handle being the primary guy, they'll let Crowder and Doctson go and target a primary weapon. Everything's lining up for Doctson. Whether he seizes the opportunity is the question.
Almost by accident I ended up with all three of these on a rebuilding team that will need to start one of them every week. I'm just hoping they dont spread things around too much and that one of them explodes. Doctson is the one I hope for because Richardson has that boom/bust D.Jax feel and Crowder has the ppr/slot ceiling (which is capped severey whenever Reed plays and by Thompson). But Doctson also has the lowest floor. If he doesn't click w Smith quickly he could go the way of Chris Conley.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:52 am

Well because of this thread, it made me view Hogan as a good bargain especially for a strong flex play.

Sent Cohen for him, I feel pretty good about it.

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:32 am

joeya2001 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:52 am Well because of this thread, it made me view Hogan as a good bargain especially for a strong flex play.

This thread has led me to reevaluate Hogan and Crowder when I have time, but given the hype momentum on Cohen's side, think you undersold.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:01 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:32 am
joeya2001 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:52 am Well because of this thread, it made me view Hogan as a good bargain especially for a strong flex play.

This thread has led me to reevaluate Hogan and Crowder when I have time, but given the hype momentum on Cohen's side, think you undersold.
Maybe, but I don't think I could have got much more, what a 3rd perhaps?

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

motherlode
Role Player
Role Player

Postby motherlode » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:45 pm

If im buying low on a Patriots WR its Jordan Matthews. Still only 25 ( i know...i was shocked too), and has played and thrived in the slot WR role. Averaged over 100 targets and 80 Receptions a year in Philly. Last year in Buffalo he was done in my his knee. If his knee is fully healed from December surgery, it wont surprise me if Matthews is given the first shot to fill the Edelman role. No Cooks, no Amendola, Mitchell cant stay healthy, Britt is a has been, Dorsett is a never was been. Gronk will do Gronky things, Hogan will fill the outside Cooks role, and Matthews will roam the middle of the field creating matchup nightmares for slot CBs around the league.