Re: My buy low and sell high's

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri May 31, 2013 10:16 am

Actually Rogers is a buy low due to the notion that QB is deep

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Fri May 31, 2013 10:18 am

So you want to sell two stud QB's in Rogers and RGIII and buy on a QB2 in Cutler and a guy who is a year or 2 away from losing his job in Locker? Or maybe you put them in the wrong column. :problem:
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Howat
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Howat » Fri May 31, 2013 11:25 am

A lot of Aaron Rodgers love in here.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... oncussion/
Theres an article about a possible third concussion he may of had during the 2010-2011 season. Sure it was a couple of seasons ago but I'm still weary to own him in any league.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Fri May 31, 2013 11:45 am

Howat wrote:A lot of Aaron Rodgers love in here.
Theres an article about a possible third concussion he may of had during the 2010-2011 season. Sure it was a couple of seasons ago but I'm still weary to own him in any league.
And yet Jay Cutler has had 6 concussions in his football career
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Fri May 31, 2013 11:48 am

WZA wrote:Blount is a better goal line back? Do you watch football? The knock on Blount is that he isn't an effective goalie back for a guy that is huge. So much revisionist history on this forum.

Chris Thompson... Not impressed. The guy beat up a weak Wake forest team. Had 91 carries and 687 yards last year. Sorry if I'm not impressed. The guy's best year was 2010 when he had 133 carries and 846 yards. This is the guy who is going to unseat a proven RB who just had over 1600 yards? Shanny or no Shanny this guy doesn't have a chance.
He's from Canada, go easy on him.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri May 31, 2013 12:03 pm

I don't think the list is outrageous, but if I decided to sell on Rodgers, it would only be because I was getting a clear win in the value column, AND I had a couple other great QB options to offset his loss. Otherwise enjoy the ride. I think it will continue for several more years and don't worry about his concussion history. He is not Jahvid Best.

Also, I wouldn't pay too much for Locker. I watched his career at the UW, and while I was hopeful for him and his NFL prospects, I have not seen him improve his accuracy, and it's not because of poor mechanics. For some reason, he just can't get the ball where it needs to be consistently. That's a problem for him moving forward, and I too think he'll be on the career backup trail in the near future. This year will be telling...
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Howat
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Howat » Fri May 31, 2013 12:35 pm

seahawks506 wrote:
Howat wrote:A lot of Aaron Rodgers love in here.
And yet Jay Cutler has had 6 concussions in his football career
I always thought that look on his face was just alcohol fetal syndrome. :D
He may have 6 concussions but you can get him for next to nothing.

Howat
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Howat » Fri May 31, 2013 12:47 pm

WZA wrote:Blount is a better goal line back? Do you watch football? The knock on Blount is that he isn't an effective goalie back for a guy that is huge. So much revisionist history on this forum.
At 6'0" and 241 pounds, his strength is his size and toughness. I would rather have a guy his size blocking for me if I was Tom Brady.

The headlines for these articles make one think Blount is a suitable goal line back.
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumo ... for-blount
http://m.si.com/2847881/bb596caf/

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:52 pm

Howat wrote:
At 6'0" and 241 pounds, his strength is his size and toughness. I would rather have a guy his size blocking for me if I was Tom Brady.

The headlines for these articles make one think Blount is a suitable goal line back.
You'd think that that would be his strength, but anyone assuming that based off his size would be wrong. There were times where he made mindblowingly inept failures to score at the goal line last year.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

mjreardon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mjreardon » Fri May 31, 2013 1:11 pm

Just my thoughts, FWIW.
Howat wrote:I'm no professional but I am in over 20 fantasy leagues and spend a lot of time on this wonderful hobby. Thought I would share this with you guys so we could talk about it. Let me know what you think. Cheers.

Sell HIgh

Aaron Rodgers
He's the best in the game but his concussions scare me. If I had him on any of my teams, I would try to get a Kaepernick, Stafford or Matt Ryan plus a player like Alshon Jefferey or Michael Floyd.

He's had one or two concussions over his career, right? You're really concerned about that?

I'm not surprised you don't own him anywhere, but if you did, I think you would very easily get that trade package you're looking for.

Robert Griffin
Having to hold a roster spot for his handcuff in Cousins really bothers me. Would gladly trade both of them for Kaepernick or Cam Newton. Maybe he changes his running style and starts going down before contact but I don't want to risk it.

You don't need to hold Cousins with him, just hold any backup. I don't think having him behind Kaepernick or Newton is unreasonable though, in fact I'm not even sure that's all that unusual.

LeSean McCoy
He's got all the skills to be a bell cow but I don't think Chip Kelly is going to play him like one. Bryce Brown was really explosive late last season and I think he takes a bunch of carries away from LeSean. If the second year Bryce Brown can fix his fumbling, goal line carries could be all his for the taking.

Brown is a legitimate concern, but I don't think him getting a certain % of carries is a problem, especially if Kelly goes with a higher-pace offense since there will be a lot more plays to go around. I just took McCoy at #10 in a startup, so personally, not really concerned.

Arian Foster
Heres a guy I would never draft because his handcuff is a must own. If I spend a first round pick on a player, I don't want to have to draft his back up in the 8th round or earlier. Peterson, Spiller, or Charles would be who I would go after in an even swap.

This is a team-building philosophy issue, but I don't think Tate is a must have if you own Foster. Tate is too expensive (8th or 9th round), I'd rather take a pick that can provide some upside without relying on an injury to someone else. If you're concerned about Foster then by all means, avoid him, but not because you think you "have" to handcuff him - similar to the RGIII comment.

Marshawn Lynch
It had to be troubling to a Lynch owner when the Seahawks drafted a running back in the second round. Makes me think the Seahawks could want to part ways after the 2013 season when his guaranteed money runs out. Turbin is a banger and scouts say Michael is something special. I think its time to get off the Lynch train.

Lynch is a solid 2 year play in my opinion, and things get hazy after that. If that's enough to make him a sell for you, then that's fine. I think the concerns you have here will be felt in the rest of your league though, so good luck selling "high."

Alfred Morris
Mike Shanahan hates your fantasy team and Alf could be benched at any time. Chris Thompson is a rookie that I'm keeping my eye on. Here's a video of him playing against Wake Forest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzoCli8BlPs

I don't have a link, but I'm pretty sure people have gone back and researched and found that "Shanahangans is somewhat over-rated. If you're worried about Thompson, unlike Foster's backup, he should be virtually free to pick up, so do that. I don't think Morris can be "benched at any time."

Stevan Ridley
Boggles my mind how high this guy goes in start ups. I think Vereen is the more talented of the two and Blount is a better goal line back. I don't see Ridley reproducing the numbers he did in 2012.

Sorry, but I can't believe you're serious about Blount being a better goal line back. Not only is Ridley an excellent goal line back, but Blount is actually a terrible one. People throw this out there because Blount is big, but part of his problem (i.e. what makes TB interested in trading him for a track star who'd rather play track than football) is that he's 260lbs but runs like a ballerina. I will not be surprised if Blount doesn't make the final 53, and if anything, he should worry Brandon Bolden owners.

Vereen is a good player, but I think there's plenty of room for the both of them to be productive, if it's a PPR league (for Vereen's sake).

Again though, irrespective of what we might think about Ridley vs. Vereen, the Vereen hype is insane right now, so Ridley is not a guy you are going to be able to sell "high."

Demaryius Thomas
There are only so many balls to go around in Denver. Even if he does put up top ten numbers, Peyton only has two years left. I would get rid of him for a Cobb or Harvin.

I think the addition of Welker has little to do with Demaryius as they don't really run the same kind of routes. Decker would be on this list were I worried about that. Cobb or Harvin isn't totally nuts though, so not like you have him that low.

Buy Low

Jake Locker
Heres a kid that would of went first overall if he didn't stay at Washington one more year. Couple new blockers, WR Hopkins, and a solid blocking tight end in Delanie Walker make Locker a very tempting QB2. His ceiling is huge. Like him way higher than he's being drafted.

Agree. I'm not sure that Locker will put it together and be a consistent, reliable starter (NFL or fantasy), but I think people are writing him off way too soon. It's not always pretty, but he has some nice weapons, he's a weapon on the running game, and he just hasn't had a ton of time starting yet. I have him as my backup in a couple of leagues and have made at least an attempt to get him in others.

Jay Cutler
I'm from Canada so I heard a lot about Mark Trestman when he coached the Montreal Alouettes to an overall record of 59-31 with two Grey cup wins. The guys an offensive guru and should propel Jay Curtler into the top ten for quarterbacks.

Top 10 is a little optimistic, but I would not mind having Cutler as a backup and he is going extremely late in drafts. Good call.

Chris Johnson
Love that Shonne Green is there to push him to keep his head on straight. Couple new blockers and a true blocking tight end in Delanie Walker should do wonders for his numbers. The fastest player in the league could really turn some heads this year and I'm buying wherever I can.

I'm staying away from this guy. I don't think he's going especially "low" right now, and when these speed guys lose a half step, their play plummets. I'm not avoiding him per se, almost took him in the late 3rd of a startup recently, but he's not someone I'm trying to acquire.

Reggie Bush
This guys is going to catch 60-70 balls and is going to be Staffords' bail out whenever Calvin gets quadruple teamed which is going to happen a lot.

I like the player, but I don't think he's going "low" right now; people are very excited about him in this offense.

Ahmad Bradshaw
He can be had for really cheap right now and will most likely get signed somewhere. His foot is a concern but should be healed by September and some RB always goes down in the preseason.

This is an easy one, great call. He's going to go somewhere, and he's almost free right now. No brainer.
M. Reardon, Member Corner Writer
Follow me on Twitter, always happy to talk fantasy (@mjreardon)

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Fri May 31, 2013 2:40 pm

This list smells a little too redraft-y...

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Fri May 31, 2013 3:40 pm

Howat wrote:

Yeah...it's on the Internet...so it must be true.

Blount is one of the worst goal line backs I have seen for his size. I specifically remember a game a couple years ago where he was stuff at the 1 yard line on several occasions.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:29 pm

Flschbrger wrote:Respect the amount of time and effort you put into these, but I disagree with prett much every single one of these

As far as Rodgers, the difference between Rodgers and Ryan isn't Michael Floyd. Not even close. He's the consensus #1, and I would still need a high end WR2/Low End 1 to even consider a deal like that

RGIII isn't just a mobile QB. His pocket prescene is severely under rated, and if he ever felt the need to stop running, he would be more than fine. He makes quick decision, and limits his turnovers. If anything, I'd buy low on him if someone decide to rid themselves of him.

Don't read into this stuff about Bryce Brown. He will never take McCoy's job. Period. If they decide to run a lot, or run 2 RB sets, then both can have value, sure. Don't underestimate how quick a coach will pull a RB who puts the ball on the ground. It can't happen. No matter good they are.

This!

To say out one corner that Rodger's injuries scare you and out of the other side say you would move D Thomas for Percy Harvin is laughable...
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Fri May 31, 2013 5:08 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote:
Flschbrger wrote:Respect the amount of time and effort you put into these, but I disagree with prett much every single one of these

As far as Rodgers, the difference between Rodgers and Ryan isn't Michael Floyd. Not even close. He's the consensus #1, and I would still need a high end WR2/Low End 1 to even consider a deal like that

RGIII isn't just a mobile QB. His pocket prescene is severely under rated, and if he ever felt the need to stop running, he would be more than fine. He makes quick decision, and limits his turnovers. If anything, I'd buy low on him if someone decide to rid themselves of him.

Don't read into this stuff about Bryce Brown. He will never take McCoy's job. Period. If they decide to run a lot, or run 2 RB sets, then both can have value, sure. Don't underestimate how quick a coach will pull a RB who puts the ball on the ground. It can't happen. No matter good they are.

This!

To say out one corner that Rodger's injuries scare you and out of the other side say you would move D Thomas for Percy Harvin is laughable...
Why oh why do people still think Harvin is injury prone? Before this past year the guy only missed 3 games in 3 years. Not to mention he plays the game with reckless abandon, so I would say that's pretty good. You are injury prone when you miss games like DMC...not Harvin.
Last edited by WZA on Fri May 31, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Fri May 31, 2013 5:10 pm

WZA wrote: Why oh why do people still think Harvin is injury prone? Before this past year the guy only missed 3 games in 3 years. Not to mention he plays the game with reckless abandon, so I would say that's pretty good. You are I jury prone when you miss games like DMC...not Harvin.
:clap:

Not to mention I still question whether Harvin's missed games were do to injury or irreconcilable differences.