Buy Low/Sell High

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Re: My buy low and sell high's

Postby WZA » Fri May 31, 2013 5:17 pm

The GM wrote:
WZA wrote: Why oh why do people still think Harvin is injury prone? Before this past year the guy only missed 3 games in 3 years. Not to mention he plays the game with reckless abandon, so I would say that's pretty good. You are I jury prone when you miss games like DMC...not Harvin.
:clap:

Not to mention I still question whether Harvin's missed games were do to injury or irreconcilable differences.
Glad someone agrees.

look, I know this forum is all about opinions, but for crying out loud...we still need to observe FACTS.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Fri May 31, 2013 5:19 pm

I LOVE the label. Where I have him I am not looking to sell and where I do not I try to grease the wheels by talking about how "injury prone" he is.

Howat
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Howat » Fri May 31, 2013 8:28 pm

I love how mamy comments this got. Ive got more but ran out of steam while writing it. Ill do another one soon, not that anyone cares but at least the debates are fun.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Fri May 31, 2013 8:33 pm

Howat wrote:I love how mamy comments this got. Ive got more but ran out of steam while writing it. Ill do another one soon, not that anyone cares but at least the debates are fun.
I am only going into my 3rd year of my startup and I am involved in a new startup this year, and the one thing about dynasty is that it amazes me how different players are valued by different owners.

I disagreed with most of your sell highs for different reasons, but that is fine. I mean Rodgers and McCoy's values went down last year, so that would mean their value is down to me making a sell high unlikely. As for D Thomas, the guy was a monster with Tebow throwing him the ball, so to tie his value strictly to Manning seems laughable when he is the same size as Andre Johnson who is still relevant with a scrub throwing him the ball and nobody on the other side.

But I respect your experience, even if I disagree and I think you should throw out another batch of players for good debate!!
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

mjreardon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mjreardon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:49 am

WZA wrote:
flyersfan1981 wrote:
Flschbrger wrote:Respect the amount of time and effort you put into these, but I disagree with prett much every single one of these

As far as Rodgers, the difference between Rodgers and Ryan isn't Michael Floyd. Not even close. He's the consensus #1, and I would still need a high end WR2/Low End 1 to even consider a deal like that

RGIII isn't just a mobile QB. His pocket prescene is severely under rated, and if he ever felt the need to stop running, he would be more than fine. He makes quick decision, and limits his turnovers. If anything, I'd buy low on him if someone decide to rid themselves of him.

Don't read into this stuff about Bryce Brown. He will never take McCoy's job. Period. If they decide to run a lot, or run 2 RB sets, then both can have value, sure. Don't underestimate how quick a coach will pull a RB who puts the ball on the ground. It can't happen. No matter good they are.

This!

To say out one corner that Rodger's injuries scare you and out of the other side say you would move D Thomas for Percy Harvin is laughable...
Why oh why do people still think Harvin is injury prone? Before this past year the guy only missed 3 games in 3 years. Not to mention he plays the game with reckless abandon, so I would say that's pretty good. You are injury prone when you miss games like DMC...not Harvin.
He's more injury prone than Aaron Rodgers, which I think was the point.
M. Reardon, Member Corner Writer
Follow me on Twitter, always happy to talk fantasy (@mjreardon)

Howat
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Howat » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:54 am

I don't really think he lit it up with Tebow throwing the ball. 32/551/4 aren't monster numbers. 22/283/2 with Kyle Orton isn't very impressive as well but that was his rookie year. He's just not worth his ADP in my opinion. Would much rather have Cobb, Harvin, Marshall, or Nicks.

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:00 am

Howat wrote:I love how mamy comments this got. Ive got more but ran out of steam while writing it. Ill do another one soon, not that anyone cares but at least the debates are fun.

Honestly, it's a great post. Sparked a lot of debate and I certainly appreciate the time and effort you put into it. Well done...I just disagree :D

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:18 am

Howat wrote:I don't really think he lit it up with Tebow throwing the ball. 32/551/4 aren't monster numbers. 22/283/2 with Kyle Orton isn't very impressive as well but that was his rookie year. He's just not worth his ADP in my opinion. Would much rather have Cobb, Harvin, Marshall, or Nicks.
848 yards in 13 games with Tebow "throwing" the ball is pretty good in his 1st real year as a player, so again, to tie his value strictly to Manning seems foolish...to me...

Winston, Wentz
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

Rivers, Wilson
Ertz, Kittle

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
1.02/1.10

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:21 am

Howat wrote:I don't really think he lit it up with Tebow throwing the ball. 32/551/4 aren't monster numbers. 22/283/2 with Kyle Orton isn't very impressive as well but that was his rookie year. He's just not worth his ADP in my opinion. Would much rather have Cobb, Harvin, Marshall, or Nicks.
And you would rather have Nicks than D Thomas? I don't mean to make this all about D Thomas, but you seem to be all over the place, you say sell on Rodgers b/c of injury, yet buy on guys with more injury history and Nicks has shown he cannot stay healthy at all. Give me D Thomas over Nicks all day...

Love the debates though...

Winston, Wentz
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

Rivers, Wilson
Ertz, Kittle

Rodgers, Bortles

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
1.02/1.10

Howat
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Howat » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:47 pm

I don't mean that I would trade Rodgers for Cutler. I mean that I value some player lower than their ADP and some higher. Rodgers had three concussions in one season and that sort of injury is more likely to happen now so I'm staying away from owning him.
I would rather have Nicks than Thomas because of his situation, I said nothing about his injury past. I think Nicks is bing forgotten about.

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:07 pm

If you really believe that Blount is a better goal line back than Ridley, I think you should go back and watch Blount's games. Do the same with Ridley. If you still feel the same way, then you're watching it wrong.
For a big back like Blount, he's not a power runner, save for a run against the Packers a few years back. Blount has 13 career TD's. Ridley had 12 last year alone.
I get the Vereen hope, but to suggest Blount is going to cut into Ridley is borderline insane. Ridley put up 1300 yards and 12 touchdowns. He's not going away, and he's going to continue to be the grinder. Vereen isn't going to take early down work. It's not what he's built for. Lord Bill is all about matchups and using particular players to fill certain roles. Ridley can do things that Shane can't. Vereen can do things Ridley can't.
I fully expect for Shane Vereen to pickup all of Woodheads work.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:10 am

The GM wrote:
WZA wrote: Why oh why do people still think Harvin is injury prone? Before this past year the guy only missed 3 games in 3 years. Not to mention he plays the game with reckless abandon, so I would say that's pretty good. You are I jury prone when you miss games like DMC...not Harvin.

Not to mention I still question whether Harvin's missed games were do to injury or irreconcilable differences.
Certainly if his attitude sucked instead of being injured that makes me want him more :shock:
I could foresee a substance suspension looming injuries or not withstanding I have sold harvin in every league in which I owned him.

sell highs

decker
ivory
ridley

buy lows

vereen
greg little
housler
heath miller - not shocked if he isn't all the way back by week 1
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:31 am

clarion contrarion wrote:
The GM wrote:

Certainly if his attitude sucked instead of being injured that makes me want him more :shock:
I could foresee a substance suspension looming injuries or not withstanding I have sold harvin in every league in which I owned him.

sell highs

decker
ivory
ridley

buy lows

vereen
greg little
housler
heath miller - not shocked if he isn't all the way back by week 1
Ok, so now you're forecasting drug use from players that have never had a drug issue in the league? Brilliant.
If you've never had a full on migraine, you can't understand it. You get to the point where you're nearly blind, and sounds make it worse. The higher grade migraines immobilize. Saying he'll fail a drug test on the basis of candyland is folly. Dislike him, but come with something a little more solid than forecasting substance abuse problems when he's had none at this level.

Howat
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Howat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:07 pm

Foster and Alf ADP's are starting to drop and Chris Johnson and Ahmad Bradshaws ADP's have risen. Not too bad so far.

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Buy Low/Sell High Candidates

Postby ascherb » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:28 am

I apologize if there's a thread for this already, but who are your buy-low guys? How about sell high?

Buy lows:

Lacy - He hasn't been horrible with the carries he's gotten, he just hasn't gotten a lot. I expect GB's offense to get it together and that will help Feast.

Watkins - The sky seems to be falling with him, but if you are not a contender and want one of the most talented WRs in the league, acquire him! In 2017 he should be healthy (hopefully) and perhaps Buffalo actually gets it together with some moves this offseason.

Sell highs:

Crowell - Inevitably, the Browns are going to suck and be playing from behind a lot. I honestly think they are trying to tank. Crowell, even if he gets the vast majority of the carries, will not see enough carries to sustain the production.

Fuller V - Those drops. Ugh. He benefitted early from teams concentrating on Hopkins with a safety over the top, but I just think he is going to be one of those boom or bust guys who relies on a long bomb connection to put up numbers.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com