General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Buy Low/Sell High

Postby mild » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:43 pm

AussieMate wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:37 pm
Is Carson Wentz a buy low or washed? Last year I thought he looked good in a bad team but from what I've heard he's looked rubbish this year.
AussieMate wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:18 pm
Alright just sent a late 1st (I'm champ from last year) and late 2nd for Wentz in my 2 QB league, hope Wentz turns this around.
My guess is that he's washed mate. Condolences on your late first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuYbh9-nXPo

He's been woefully inaccurate, he has a bad offensive line, no receivers, and a rookie waiting in the wings. It's grim.

AussieMate
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AussieMate » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:04 pm

mild wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:43 pm
AussieMate wrote:
Is Carson Wentz a buy low or washed? Last year I thought he looked good in a bad team but from what I've heard he's looked rubbish this year.
AussieMate wrote:
Alright just sent a late 1st (I'm champ from last year) and late 2nd for Wentz in my 2 QB league, hope Wentz turns this around.

He's been woefully inaccurate, he has a bad offensive line, no receivers, and a rookie waiting in the wings. It's grim.
Haha all good, backup QB is my only weakness, gotta risk it for the biscuit. I was Wentz biggest fan coming out of college so some definitely homerism from me.

Pullo Vision
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:03 pm

Ertz seems like Hilton- a low-producing name-brand player whose value is probably greatly reduced. Their floor seems way too low; do they even have any moderate upside?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 R/T, 1 Def

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:32 am

mild wrote:
AussieMate wrote:
AussieMate wrote:

i'm amazed he still can't make simple throws to open receivers. but he's always been like that.

what did the media like about him so much? he couldn't run the offense properly but after holding onto the ball too long and looking at a sack, he would miraculously escape and throw a bomb to an open wr. that was his thing.

the talking heads were slurping him up. it makes for good highlights which is probably all they watch from games. now he does exactly the same thing but it isn't working and all of a sudden they're saying he's playing hero ball. he's playing the exact same way he always has you bozos. his game hasn't evolved at all in 5 years.

AussieMate
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AussieMate » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:17 pm

Signs of life for Wentz, if he can get Reagor and Alshon back to group with Fulgham and a healthy Oline he may not be as busted as first thought.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:59 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:32 am
mild wrote:
AussieMate wrote:
AussieMate wrote:

i'm amazed he still can't make simple throws to open receivers. but he's always been like that.

what did the media like about him so much? he couldn't run the offense properly but after holding onto the ball too long and looking at a sack, he would miraculously escape and throw a bomb to an open wr. that was his thing.

the talking heads were slurping him up. it makes for good highlights which is probably all they watch from games. now he does exactly the same thing but it isn't working and all of a sudden they're saying he's playing hero ball. he's playing the exact same way he always has you bozos. his game hasn't evolved at all in 5 years.
To be fair that was Ben Roethlisberger's game for the first 10 years of his career too.

It works a lot better when you have at least a semi-competent offensive line and at least one starting receiver that was drafted before the 3rd day of the NFL draft.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Cam, Burrow
RB: Barkley, Mixon, A Jones, Hunt, Coleman, Ballage
WR: Hopkins, Hill, Lockett, J Jefferson, Fulgham, Preston
TE: Cook, Goedert

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:15 pm

Wentz will be fine eventually. Look what he’s playing with. At some point he has to he surrounded by real-life NFL players. Right now they’re down like 13 of their original 22 on the two-deep roster.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Wentz, Cam, Tannehill
RB (2-3): Swift, Dobbins, David Johnson, K. Johnson, Duke Johnson, D. Harris, J. Jackson, D. Evans
WR (3-4): Hill, A-Rob, Diggs, Fuller, Reagor, Aiyuk, V. Jefferson, Isabella, P. Williams, Perriman, Fulgham
TE (1-2): J. Smith, Hurst

blemly
Captain
Captain

Postby blemly » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:21 pm

Considering Diggs a sell high on a rebuilding team. He’s on an absolutely torrid pace right now, but the Bills schedule tightens up in the 2nd half of the season and I’m honestly still not sold on Josh Allen.

Sold in a 14-team league where I needed depth.
Gave: Swift + Diggs + H. Henry (1.5ppr TEP)
Got: Jacobs + Kupp + Chark + Njoku
Team 1: 14-team PPR SF TE Prem:
QB: Jackson, Burrow
RB: Sanders, Guice, Dobbins
WR: DJM, Chark, Kupp, J. Jefferson, D-Jax
TE: Ebron, Warring

Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TE Prem:
QB: Wilson, Rivers, Foles, Mullens
RB: Mixon, Jacobs, Gibson, Hines, Guice
WR: DJM, Chark, Kupp, Landry, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku

Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Cam, Garopollo
RB: Kamara, Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, Hill
WR: Hill, AJB, McLaurin, Hardman, Perriman, Mims, Shenault
TE: Gesicki, OJH

Team 4 (Rebuild): 12-team PPR SF TE Prem
QB: Watson, Stafford
RB: JT, Swift, Akers, Gibson
WR: Lamb, D. Johnson, Pittman, Mims, Shenault, Campbell, Shepard
TE: Knox, Jarwin, Trautman
2021: 1,1,2,2

Team 5 (Rebuild): 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lock
RB: Sanders, Dobbins, Guice, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Edwards, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Hamler
TE: Herndon, Gesicki
2021: 1,1,1,1, 2, 2

zeeshan2
Starter
Starter

Postby zeeshan2 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:36 am

Juju based on name recognition and hope he goes to a different team next year

AussieMate
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AussieMate » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:55 pm

Way too soon to do any victory laps but since I bought Wentz he's looked a bit better and more importantly scored well for me. Still has a few receivers and O-line to come back, also has a pretty good schedule going forward minus GB and ARI, plays Giants again, Dallas x2, Seahawks, NO, Cleveland (Cleveland somewhat hard) and Dallas is the week 16.

Dibbles
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dibbles » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:02 am

Not sure there is a better buy low than Godwin, how quickly things can change. Was last year’s DK (for good reason), essentially hasnt mattered at all this season with Covid/injuries/new QB, not helping anyone at the moment, frustrating injuries for 6+ weeks, concerns over a 40 yr old QB who spreads it around, and now a suddenly crowded and complicated WR room with AB. Important to remember he is an absolute proven stud (regardless of QB) when healthy and given the opportunity. Not entirely sure the opportunity will be in Tampa going forward but 100% willing to buy his talent, get him on the cheap while you can, he was the overall PPR WR #2 last year at age 23. His situation can only get better from here.

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:10 am

Dibbles wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:02 am
Not sure there is a better buy low than Godwin, how quickly things can change. Was last year’s DK (for good reason), essentially hasnt mattered at all this season with Covid/injuries/new QB, not helping anyone at the moment, frustrating injuries for 6+ weeks, concerns over a 40 yr old QB who spreads it around, and now a suddenly crowded and complicated WR room with AB. Important to remember he is an absolute proven stud (regardless of QB) when healthy and given the opportunity. Not entirely sure the opportunity will be in Tampa going forward but 100% willing to buy his talent, get him on the cheap while you can. His situation can only get better.
No he's not. He's a really good player who had 1 phenomenal year on a team that had a massive passing volume and played opposite an actual "absolute proven stud". Still a very good player and worth inquiring about, but there is a high likelihood that last year was the best season he will ever have statistically.

Dibbles
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dibbles » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:17 am

bjd5211 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:10 am
Dibbles wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:02 am
Not sure there is a better buy low than Godwin, how quickly things can change. Was last year’s DK (for good reason), essentially hasnt mattered at all this season with Covid/injuries/new QB, not helping anyone at the moment, frustrating injuries for 6+ weeks, concerns over a 40 yr old QB who spreads it around, and now a suddenly crowded and complicated WR room with AB. Important to remember he is an absolute proven stud (regardless of QB) when healthy and given the opportunity. Not entirely sure the opportunity will be in Tampa going forward but 100% willing to buy his talent, get him on the cheap while you can. His situation can only get better.
No he's not. He's a really good player who had 1 phenomenal year on a team that had a massive passing volume and played opposite an actual "absolute proven stud". Still a very good player and worth inquiring about, but there is a high likelihood that last year was the best season he will ever have statistically.
Right, it’s normal for a 23 year old playing next to an absolute alpha in Evans to finish #2 overall in fantasy points, no way Godwin could potentially be a stud, must be the massive passing volume.

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:18 am

Everyone said the same about Juju...

Dibbles
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dibbles » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:27 am

bjd5211 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:18 am
Everyone said the same about Juju...
Godwins PPR points in his 3 games played this season are 14, 17 and 10. He’s gone from #2 overall WR for the entire 2019 year to being injured and still delivering WR 1/2 numbers in the few games he has played with a new and supposedly more detrimental QB/system. What about his performance this season (outside of injury) makes you think he is just a “really good” WR? His performance over the past 1-2 years is not even in the same ballpark as JuJu - JuJu fell off the planet when Ben bailed out and hasn’t returned with Ben’s resurrection but Godwin is still putting up numbers when healthy.