James Robinson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Re: James Robinson

Postby The MAC Machine » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:08 am

Thomas Rawls had 9 receptions for 76 yards and 5 TDs in his rookie year....

CJ may be a better comparison but even he still had 2 - 1200 yard seasons in his career, albeit 3 years apart. He also didn’t start out of the gate. Buried by Moreno, Ball and Hillman.

I had so much hope for a Moreno 😭
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:46 pm

James Robinson is the 4th highest vegas odds of winning Offensive rookie of the year. FantasyFreak wants me to compare him against ALL UDFA rookie RBs. Not sure why. How about we rate him amongst all top 5 vegas rookie of the year odds?
James Robinson, very obviously, is not like your typically UDFA. It's best to start treating him like a starting RB and not a random UDFA RB, who rarely makes the team or ever starts a game...let alone is the 4th highest rated Rookie of the year odds.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:47 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:46 pm James Robinson is the 4th highest vegas odds of winning Offensive rookie of the year. FantasyFreak wants me to compare him against ALL UDFA rookie RBs. Not sure why. How about we rate him amongst all top 5 vegas rookie of the year odds?
James Robinson, very obviously, is not like your typically UDFA. It's best to start treating him like a starting RB and not a random UDFA RB, who rarely makes the team or ever starts a game...let alone is the 4th highest rated Rookie of the year odds.
You really want to have a got eh? I never wanted you to do anything. I gave my opinion on the situation. You're that sold, I'll bet you on it. Let's go, hotshot. So much of this doesn't make sense. Do they have his odds on being the starting RB for the Jags long term? Or getting through his rookie deal? Anything to do with Dynasty in Vegas? You're taking things out of context, while simultaneously calling me out. However, if you're so sold, I'll give you those odds.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:22 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:34 am I was frustrated by those comparing a pick you could get for James Robinson to a rb you could draft at that spot. A draft pick doesn't have to be a rb. In fact id guess 2nd round rbs in dynasty have a pretty high bust rate. But a draft puck can be anyone at any position and then if they gain value you can trade them for a rb.

The idea that you couldn't replace rb production from Robinson with a rb drafted in the 2nd might be true but for longterm dynasty builds it doesnt matter if you can get more value in general.
RB is the most valuable position in fantasy, who needs another WR? No one. Everyone need a RB in every league I’m in.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:25 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:46 pm James Robinson is the 4th highest vegas odds of winning Offensive rookie of the year. FantasyFreak wants me to compare him against ALL UDFA rookie RBs. Not sure why. How about we rate him amongst all top 5 vegas rookie of the year odds?
Yeah, guys are stuck in stats instead of the player. Still no one wants to debate his skill set. Too many people have been over thinking this with stats instead of intelligence. By the way, I had three first round pick offers in the DLF HoF league, which is filled by the posters who made these forums what they are today. So, I wouldn’t say experienced dynasty managers aren’t offering a first for him, what I would say is that very experience dynasty managers are in fact offering a first for him.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:30 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:47 pm
You really want to have a got eh? I never wanted you to do anything. I gave my opinion on the situation. You're that sold, I'll bet you on it. Let's go, hotshot. So much of this doesn't make sense. Do they have his odds on being the starting RB for the Jags long term? Or getting through his rookie deal? Anything to do with Dynasty in Vegas? You're taking things out of context, while simultaneously calling me out. However, if you're so sold, I'll give you those odds.
Don't mean to call you out, your just engaged on the topic.
I just checked Oddsmaker,
Joe Burrow +225
CEH +350
James Robinson +800
Jonathan Taylor +1000
CeeDee Lamb +2000

Sure, vegas odds doesn't mean anything about dynasty football, but you'll admit that an UDFA having the 3rd best odds of winning Offensive rookie of the year is certainly unique.
At some point, we need to stop comparing him to other UDFA who never have an ounce of success James Robinson already has.
Last edited by remedy29 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:33 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:30 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:47 pm
Don't mean to call you out, your just engaged on the topic.
I just checked Oddsmsker,
Joe Burrow +225
CEH +350
James Robinson +800
James Taylor +1000
CeeDee Lamb +2000

Sure, vegas odds doesn't mean anything about dynasty football, but you'll admit that an UDFA having the 3rd best odds of winning Offensive rookie of the year is certainly unique.
At some point, we need to stop comparing him to other UDFA who never have an ounce of success James Robinson already has.
Vegas has to do that because of the stats he's put up. I don't have to change my outlook after 3 games, in a Dynasty context, due to that. I've already acknowledged the trajectory has changed since the off season, but not so much I am willing to peg this player as a long term producer in the NFL. It's all good, I'm half in the bag, and looking for a little action, LOL. I probably shouldn't be gambling in my condition, though. :lol:

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:48 pm

That would be awesome if Robinson wins rookie of the year........

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:56 pm

jordanzs wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:48 pm That would be awesome if Robinson wins rookie of the year........
....and he passed on the odds. :lol:

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:11 am

I generally love my teams and over value the crap out of them... but I feel like James's whole family is on this board.

I'm genuinely excited JR got his shot and is playing in the NFL. I love underdog stories. It's cool that some of you got lucky on your "gut feelings" and landed a cheap asset for your fantasy teams. Betting against the odds is exciting...just like it is at the race track. It's awesome when you hit a long shot on your first bet of the day.

But lets not pretend anyone in here is a professional talent scout or has a magic formula for beating the historical odds. Sometimes we get lucky, usually we don't. I don't think anyone is wrong here.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:48 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:56 pm
mild wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:25 pm
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:14 am Keep the avatar, , but it has to stay for 2 years. It will be your badge of honor or your mark of shame. Time will tell.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant.
Fair enough. Give the people what they want. :clap: I vow to keep this avatar until the end of the 2021 season. Something we can all laugh and have a virtual drink over one day. To me that is the most important thing!! Cheers to community, good times, high spirits, and bold obnoxious predictions. 🍻 🍻
Ironically, this is why I have my avatar. I forget the specifcs of the wager, but that is why I have the ARob love.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:50 am

Repost from the JAX RB thread.
JJRules wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:33 am The biggest hurdle to a UDFA's success is finding significant playing time, especially early on, and so far James Robinson is receiving the playing time we all hope our first- and second-round picks get.

And with that playing time he is producing as well as any first- or second-round pick, and looks fantastic doing so.

He has his coaches' trust.

I don't like betting against the house either, but this long-shot has already beaten the initial odds. The biggest question needing to be answered is, "Can he keep it up?", and he absolutely has the looks of a player who can.
The big question of, "can he keep it up?" is still the sticking point, and you either believe or you don't. That he makes it all look so effortless and natural makes me a firm believer, and he's not leaving my roster outside of a massive overpay. Dude is legit!
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:51 am

Just traded Robinson and a late 2021 1st for what is likely to be a top 3 2021 pick. For a UDFA I'll take that and run. I hope he succeeds, but the odds are not with him for long-term sustainability.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:53 am

Shcritters wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:51 am Just traded Robinson and a late 2021 1st for what is likely to be a top 3 2021 pick. For a UDFA I'll take that and run. I hope he succeeds, but the odds are not with him for long-term sustainability.
How sure are you on those pick projections?

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:55 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:53 am
Shcritters wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:51 am Just traded Robinson and a late 2021 1st for what is likely to be a top 3 2021 pick. For a UDFA I'll take that and run. I hope he succeeds, but the odds are not with him for long-term sustainability.
How sure are you on those pick projections?
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Seems awfully risky and could backfire big time.