James Robinson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Is James Robinson a dynasty buy?

Postby MFundercover » Fri May 07, 2021 6:18 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:43 am
MFundercover wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:21 am I'm a Robinson owner and I would be ecstatic to get Allen Robinson for him. There is still a path for him to be a good fantasy asset but the smart bet is to stay away. I'd buy low if the owner was jumping off a cliff but I'm not selling him for pennies.
What are JRob owners selling for? mid 2nd? In a SF I'd still rather have the 2.08ish. I'm prefer Elijah Moore, Toney, Rondale Moore, and probably Terrace Marshall over him at this point. I'm leaning round 1/2 NFL capital over UDFA backup. After the guys mentioned above I'd start to be torn on Gainwell, Carter or Jrob. Also not sure about 2nd round NFL players like Eskridge and Tutu. Guys like Tuta and Eskridge are my line where I start to lean Jrob on the chance ETN takes the Penny path or gets injured, etc.
I play 1qb and I'm too tired to look at SF adps, but yeah. That's about the range I would sell Jrob for. I would not sell him for Gainwell or Carter.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sat May 08, 2021 8:33 am

JRob reeks of Thomas Rawls
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sat May 08, 2021 9:37 am

Cherokee wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:33 am JRob reeks of Thomas Rawls
oooh I really like that comp
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 08, 2021 9:53 am

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sat May 08, 2021 2:42 pm

If only someone had warned us this could happen...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Jacksonville backfield, who is the guy?
Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:28 am

I see both sides. A 3rd is the battle ground on this issue. I'd think we all sell for a 2nd happily. If not then you need to reassess, imo.

Saying that it doesn't cost you anything to hold is just wrong. It costs you a 2md round pick if someone offers you that and you decline.

I like Robinson, but look at all the guys who were like Robinson who actually PERFORMED ON THE FIELD. The Zac Stacy's and Thomas Rawls who were pretty good and suddenly, poof, they are gone. Pedigree counts for so much unfortunately. Alot of what it counts for is likely behind the scenes value that we don't understand either. Guys who can't get along, who don't learn playbooks, who argue and ignore coaches, who are late to meetings, Yada Yada. With a 1st or 2nd round draft pedigree though, teams seem to put up with more or maybe it was never the problem to begin with.

I think I used to swing for the fences more but realize that dynasty, like almost every skill or path in life, is an ACCUMULATION of asset, talent and value over time. An accumulation of small wins and little gains here and there. Picking up a guy and trading him for a late 2nd might have landed you Cooper Kupp, Diggs, Mahomes, Aiuyck, AJ Dillon, Antonio Gibson, etc. Would you bust some of those? Obv. But that 2nd is more likely to turn into a 1st as well. If Robinson tears it up week 1 and goes for 100 and a td, what does that mean? Can you get a 1st? Probably not. What if Gibson does the same? Suddenly his value is in the early mid 1st range. Because of pedigree.

It's a long game. I get wanting to grab the next foster and Holmes. But go for the value if you can.

--------------

(Obviously JRob WAS worth more than a 2nd at one point, but under the VERY BEST of circumstances he was worth a 1st when EVERYTHING broke right for the season, no injuries, no other RBs, high volume, high level of performance, etc and he still couldn't hold his value.

More from the thread-

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... only&ch=-1

Yes, I am being a dick about this. I've waited all year for this and am now enjoying it.

Hopefully for JRob owners and JRob himeself he gets another chance and proves me wrong.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat May 08, 2021 5:22 pm

:clap: Awesome, SteveMaddenShoes!

I too hope he gets another chance and proves you wrong :D

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon May 10, 2021 7:56 am

Not to pivot too hard here....

But I think it’s fascinating that a player like Robinson can be faded so hard because of draft capital in comparison to ETN, but when it comes to Ronald Jones we don’t fade him as hard because of Leonard Fournettes capital. And Fournette produced 2 top 10 RB seasons. But instead we fade both Rojo and Fournette with no mention of capital....and Fournette had 2 top 10 RB seasons and a monster playoff tear. With everyone’s logic about draft capital Fournette should be a valuable target. But he’s not because....draft capital doesn’t mean jack. It only means something when we want it to mean something.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon May 10, 2021 8:09 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:56 am Not to pivot too hard here....

But I think it’s fascinating that a player like Robinson can be faded so hard because of draft capital in comparison to ETN, but when it comes to Ronald Jones we don’t fade him as hard because of Leonard Fournettes capital. And Fournette produced 2 top 10 RB seasons. But instead we fade both Rojo and Fournette with no mention of capital....and Fournette had 2 top 10 RB seasons and a monster playoff tear. With everyone’s logic about draft capital Fournette should be a valuable target. But he’s not because....draft capital doesn’t mean jack. It only means something when we want it to mean something.
Very different situations here. New Coach, New System, Major relationship between Rookie QB and Rookie RB, and a huge draft capital differential between a 1st round selection by the new administration and a FA acquisition right out of college.

Both will have a role most likely but Etienne has a ton working in his favor that fantasy owners can't help but recognize.

Like it or not Fournette has a very spotty history so not sure he is a good comparison. Robinson played great last year when teams knew they had to throw it a ton. Defenses will play differently this season IMO due to the changes in Jacksonville.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon May 10, 2021 8:12 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:56 am Not to pivot too hard here....

First of all RoJo has good draft capital from the team he is actually on

Second of all I must have missed when the Bucs gave Fournette any draft capital

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon May 10, 2021 8:15 am

I don't understand the comparison. Rojo is being faded plenty, as is LF. Good luck getting a decent 2nd for Rojo right now, I know I can't sell my share for that. The Tampa backfield is a mess.

From LF's standpoint, the reason he isn't worth a ton (as much as ETN) is because he's old and we know what he is. He will be 27 this season and is on a team with several other productive backs. If LF was drafted in 2021 to the same situation he would be going the same or higher than ETN.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:22 am

Draft capital is irrelevant when the draft was 4 years ago and the player was cut by the team that drafted him. Apples to bowling balls.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDabbler » Mon May 10, 2021 8:31 am

Stttooooooooop! Lmao 😂 I drafted Rawls waaaay to high in my startup (following his “breakout”) to be fair I think the broken ankle played a bug part in his decline.

I don’t know what happens to Robinson but I think he’ll have a better career than Rawls. I’m being optimistic and telling myself the JAGs will have a 1-2 punch similar to CLE.
10 team half-ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLX 3IDP
QB: J. Burrow, J. Goff
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,
TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride, C. Okonkwo

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon May 10, 2021 8:33 am

DynastyDabbler wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:31 am
Stttooooooooop! Lmao 😂 I drafted Rawls waaaay to high in my startup (following his “breakout”) to be fair I think the broken ankle played a bug part in his decline.

I don’t know what happens to Robinson but I think he’ll have a better career than Rawls. I’m being optimistic and telling myself the JAGs will have a 1-2 punch similar to CLE.
Maybe if you tell yourself that enough it could come true. :biggrin:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon May 10, 2021 8:55 am

One can argue one of the main reasons LF was given another NFL job was his original draft capital. Robinson had an outstanding rookie year, and his team rewarded him by investing heavily at RB through the draft. Draft capital indeed means Jack
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon May 10, 2021 3:03 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:55 am One can argue one of the main reasons LF was given another NFL job was his original draft capital. Robinson had an outstanding rookie year, and his team rewarded him by investing heavily at RB through the draft. Draft capital indeed means Jack
My point is that in the fantasy community LFs draft capital currently has meant squat even in spite of his production (in 2019 he was RB6 behind Cook). Based on arguments about draft capital I’ve seen, my expectation would be that LF would have still “maintained” his fantasy value as a top RB, but that clearly has been FAR from the case. I’m bringing this up as a clear example of how on the other side of a guy like James Robinson, draft capital is not always quite the story we make it out to be. Because if that were so LF wouldn’t be as faded as he is...I just don’t think NFL draft capital means squat in fantasy. Reggie Bush was also a 1st round RB......
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)