James Robinson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: James Robinson

Postby ArrylT » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:17 pm

Latavius Murray has been averaging 170-180 touches these past 2 years with Kamara and Ingram had 160 in 2018 (12 games) so 200 touches for James Robinson certainly seems quite possible.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:56 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:17 pm Latavius Murray has been averaging 170-180 touches these past 2 years with Kamara and Ingram had 160 in 2018 (12 games) so 200 touches for James Robinson certainly seems quite possible.
This could Easily Happen.

The Fantasy Football Community will eventually get that the days of 3 Down thumpers is getting more and more rare.

While Robinson may not be the best back to own going forward in Jags country; He still will hold value.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:33 pm

Ice wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:56 pm
ArrylT wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:17 pm Latavius Murray has been averaging 170-180 touches these past 2 years with Kamara and Ingram had 160 in 2018 (12 games) so 200 touches for James Robinson certainly seems quite possible.
This could Easily Happen.

The Fantasy Football Community will eventually get that the days of 3 Down thumpers is getting more and more rare.

While Robinson may not be the best back to own going forward in Jags country; He still will hold value.
I'm just guessing here but I would suppose that to have that kind of volume you would need a somewhat prolific offense. TBD if the Jags will be that offense.

I'd agree that it will be a time share for a few games/half a season. That's going to be your best shot to sell JRob. Hopefully he gets a couple games early with double digit touches and a TD and then you can get out. To say he will still "hold value" is a bit misleading. He will still offer some value but I don't believe he holds it for a long time.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:44 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:13 am
MFundercover wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:03 am Robinson also had a higher ceiling than all of those guys. If you took away the concerns of being replaced in the draft, you have a 22 year old RB that just finished 7th ovl. He would have went for twice as much as everyone on the list at that point. He was always a gamble play.
I said he played his heart out and deserves to be the starter earlier, but that's just not the way it works for whatever reasons in the NFL.

Even if Jax hadn't drafted anyone JRob would still be viewed as a 1 year rental and his value would never spike to where his production warranted. And not in a Keenan Allen/ARob undervalued sort of way. It would be because any moment he could lose every bit of value he has. Godwin has a down year and he drops 25 spots in ADP. JRob has a bad year and you'll never hear from him again. Hell, he has a fantastic year and you may not hear much from him again. The risk is astronomical with UDFAs.
Depends on the league I guess. RBs are very expensive in the leagues I play in, and I think there are a lot of dynasty leagues like that. There was literally zero chance of trading any of those players for Jrob straight up if they hadn't picked etn. Allen + 1st probably still would not have been enough.

I really can't believe Gaskin survived and Jrob didn't.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:31 pm

The best case scenario at the moment is Buffalo drafting CJ Spiller and giving most of the work to UDFA Fred Jackson.

This is still butt for both of these guys. Maybe fine for Etienne long term.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:52 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:31 pm The best case scenario at the moment is Buffalo drafting CJ Spiller and giving most of the work to UDFA Fred Jackson.

Carson/Penny has been basically the same situation. Carson being a bottom 5 pick in the draft isn't much different from being a udfa.

Wishful thinking though

remy420
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby remy420 » Sun May 02, 2021 7:17 am

MFundercover wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:52 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:31 pm The best case scenario at the moment is Buffalo drafting CJ Spiller and giving most of the work to UDFA Fred Jackson.

Carson/Penny has been basically the same situation. Carson being a bottom 5 pick in the draft isn't much different from being a udfa.

Wishful thinking though
ETN>>>>>>>>>>Penny. I would say it's closer to Chester Taylor/Adrian Peterson
MC Dynasty League
The Highlanders
Champions 2006
12 teams, 30-man rosters
1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1 Flex (RB,WR), 1TE, 1K, 1Def, 1DL, 1LB, 1CB, 1S
QB:Newton, Rivers, Tua
RB:Gordon, Lindsey, Hunt, Kerryon, Mattison, Dobbins, Love
WR:A.J. Green, Julio, Diggs, Kupp, Hardman, P. Williams
TE:Hooper, Smith
K:Gould, Gonzalez
Def:Car, Chi
DL:Watt, N Bosa
LB:Ch. Jones, Roquan
DB:King, Carrie
S:Mathieu, Edmunds

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sun May 02, 2021 7:31 pm

Nobody would give me anything, and without him I would've never won this year. Crappy for both guys, totally sucks for JRob. But, I'm happy I got the win thanks to him. I've decided to put his face on the trophy in honor.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun May 02, 2021 11:58 pm

So apparently the Jaguars initially wanted Toney with their pick until the Giants sniped them. That makes me think they were looking more for an all-around playmaker rather than an every-down starter at a certain position. I think that lends itself to think that this really could be a timeshare for the foreseeable future given how well Robinson played last year. Obviously all bets are off if Etienne looks like a total stud.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon May 03, 2021 3:29 am

TimeWillTell wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:31 pm Nobody would give me anything, and without him I would've never won this year. Crappy for both guys, totally sucks for JRob. But, I'm happy I got the win thanks to him. I've decided to put his face on the trophy in honor.
attta boy :dance:
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon May 03, 2021 4:37 am

TimeWillTell wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:31 pm Nobody would give me anything, and without him I would've never won this year. Crappy for both guys, totally sucks for JRob. But, I'm happy I got the win thanks to him. I've decided to put his face on the trophy in honor.
Sounds like me with Stefon Diggs last offseason. I was not happy with him going to Buffalo. I couldn't even get a late first for him, so I held. Payed off big time with a title.

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Is James Robinson a dynasty buy?

Postby JTLoh » Thu May 06, 2021 9:33 am

So I just traded ARob for J.Robison.

I have J.Jefferson, CeeDee, Pittman, already and only have/had Antonio Gibson and Josh Jacobs as decent RBs.
Clearly this makes my team more well rounded. Of course, J.Robinson could end up being worthless if ETN is huge.

But is he totally? Could be traded. ETN could be slow to develop. I mean James Robinson had a really good year for an undrafted rookie.
And he is young. Surely, he is going to get another shot somewhere at some point, no?

What's your thoughts. You buying James Robinson or is he dead to you?
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Is James Robinson a dynasty buy?

Postby Ice » Thu May 06, 2021 9:43 am

Etienne is a way more talented RB. He may not actually be a better RB as Robinson did have a great year but his value took the biggest hit in the league relative to his outstanding production last season.

The smart money is all over Etienne as the back to own going forward which is why he will go top 5 in most rookie drafts.
Last edited by Ice on Thu May 06, 2021 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Thu May 06, 2021 9:46 am

Its telling to me that Jax new coaching staff drafted a RB in the 1st round. Just based on ceiling I'd rather have ETN tbh
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu May 06, 2021 9:50 am

JTLoh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:33 amCould be...could be
I don't like buying hype, and I don't like acquiring players on the off chance that they could be relative again. I'd rather have ARob, to be fair.

I like JRob because he did everything good enough. He wasn't the best but he was above average in every regard, and that was good enough for me. In my film he came across as a decent compliment to any RB1, but I didn't think he'd actually be replaced this year. I'm still shocked.

I think if you're acquiring because of all those things, you're going to be disappointed. There isn't a huge market for RBs. JRob is cheap and very useful, so it might benefit the Jaguars more to have a solid 1-2 punch at RB rather than trading him away for maybe what... a 4th at best? Probably not even that.

JRob will be a good complimentary back over time imo. He might even start the beginning of the season for a while. I don't think you'll find much use for him beyond 2021 though.

I love the kid. I want to say more positive things, but the evidence I see doesn't support that imo.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134