James Robinson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MyTeam
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:40 am

James Robinson

Postby MyTeam » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:07 am

Saw the Jacksonville Backfield thread and wanted to start another one now that we know who the guy is.

Is James Robinson the real deal?
Team 1: 12 team, PPR, 25 Keepers
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

QB: Cousins, Mayfield
RB: Elliott, Barkley, JT, Robinson, Johnson, Armstead, Brown, Hill
WR: Hill, DK, AJB, Juju, Sutton, Gallup, Shenault, Jeffrey, Patterson, Sims
TE: Henry, Goedert, Okwuegbunam, Trautman, Knox
1.06, 1.11, 2.01, 2.11

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TE Premium (1.5 PPR), 30 Keepers
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 SF (QB/RB/WR/TE)

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
RB: CEH, Swift, Gibson, A. Mattison, B. Scott, McFarland, Love, Armstead
WR: DK, McLaurin, Kupp, Jeudy, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Harmon, Robinson, Bourne
TE: Andrews, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon
2021 Picks - 1.05, 1.09
Extra first in 2022 & 2023

Team 3: 12 Team, SF TE Premium (1.5 PPR), 30 Keepers
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 SF (QB/RB/WR/TE)
Watson, Burrow
Pollard, Mattison, Edwards
Chark, Boyd, C. Davis, Hardman, Cephus, Harry
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O., Njoku
1.03, 1.04, 1.08, 1.11

User avatar
OkOk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:05 am

Re: James Robinson

Postby OkOk » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:47 am

MyTeam wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:07 am
Saw the Jacksonville Backfield thread and wanted to start another one now that we know who the guy is.

Is James Robinson the real deal?
He looks tough. Has some quick cuts too. Coach likes him.
He has been the real deal through 2 weeks :thumbup:

MyTeam
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:40 am

Re: James Robinson

Postby MyTeam » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:50 am

What would you pay for him in 2021 picks?
Team 1: 12 team, PPR, 25 Keepers
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

QB: Cousins, Mayfield
RB: Elliott, Barkley, JT, Robinson, Johnson, Armstead, Brown, Hill
WR: Hill, DK, AJB, Juju, Sutton, Gallup, Shenault, Jeffrey, Patterson, Sims
TE: Henry, Goedert, Okwuegbunam, Trautman, Knox
1.06, 1.11, 2.01, 2.11

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TE Premium (1.5 PPR), 30 Keepers
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 SF (QB/RB/WR/TE)

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
RB: CEH, Swift, Gibson, A. Mattison, B. Scott, McFarland, Love, Armstead
WR: DK, McLaurin, Kupp, Jeudy, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Harmon, Robinson, Bourne
TE: Andrews, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon
2021 Picks - 1.05, 1.09
Extra first in 2022 & 2023

Team 3: 12 Team, SF TE Premium (1.5 PPR), 30 Keepers
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 SF (QB/RB/WR/TE)
Watson, Burrow
Pollard, Mattison, Edwards
Chark, Boyd, C. Davis, Hardman, Cephus, Harry
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O., Njoku
1.03, 1.04, 1.08, 1.11

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 469
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:00 am

Re: James Robinson

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:51 am

azthecrow wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:47 am
MyTeam wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:07 am
Saw the Jacksonville Backfield thread and wanted to start another one now that we know who the guy is.

Is James Robinson the real deal?
He looks tough. Has some quick cuts too. Coach likes him.
He has been the real deal through 2 weeks :thumbup:
he certainly looks better than some random 3rd round pick unknown player.

CGW
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2738
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:07 am

MyTeam wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:50 am
What would you pay for him in 2021 picks?
He's been sold for a 2021 2nd in two of my leagues to contenders. So his market is approximately a late 2nd currently?
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Cousins, Trubisky, Flacco, Haskins
RB | Taylor, Elliott, Akers, Wilkins, Wilson
WR | Adams, Evans, Golladay, Diontae, Mooney, Pascal, Coutee, R Higgins
TE | Andrews, Alie-Cox, Rodgers, Herndon

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Minshew
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, R. Jones, Singletary, Vaughn
WR | Godwin, AJ Brown, Lamb, D. Johnson, Aiyuk, M. Brown, Slayton, Mooney, Kirk, Reynolds, Fulgham, Peoples-Jones, Perriman
TE | Andrews, Henry, Sample, Schultz

12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Wilson, Darnold, Trubisky, Glennon, Stidham
RB | Hines, Henderson, Wilkins, Penny, Ahmed, Guice
WR | Evans, Ridley, Golladay, Kupp, D. Johnson, Pittman, Fulgham, Mooney, Ward, T. Smith
TE | L. Thomas, Ertz, Herndon, Sternberger

kvothe34
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:29 am

Re: James Robinson

Postby kvothe34 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:27 am

I think he's going be to stuck in the general valuation of a mid to low 2021 2nd until he shows consistent production for at least half the season. RB position just has so much turnover, and is so volume dependent, that its incredibly hard to build that valuation/trust in owners when you don't have draft capital.

If you're competitive, it's probably best to hold him through the season unless you can get a high 2nd or better. This is the kind of lucky pickup that is the difference between a mid playoff exit and a championship push.

If you're rebuilding, I'd wait until the second half of the season when injuries keep piling up and the competitive teams start looking for that extra bit of depth and then try to sell for either a young upside player + a low 2nd or (if he continues to put up these kind of numbers) push for a low 1st, even if you need to add on another small piece to make it happen. Very unlikely he holds much value into next season unless he really blows up this year.
Team 1 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Rivers
RB: Mixon, Guice, Duke J, McCoy
WR: Hopkins, Evans, Allen, Hilton, AJ Brown, Crowder, Diontae, Johnson, Sanders
TE: Andrews, Davis

Team 2 .75 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 Def)
QB: Garappolo, Flacco
RB: Kamara, Edwards, Pollard
WR: Ridley, Kirk, Pettis, Cambell, Whiteside
TE: Ertz, Davis

Team 3 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex)
QB: Wilson, Cousins
RB: Cook, Mack, Cohen, Ingram, David Johnson, Bernard, Hill, Smallwood
WR: Allen, Diggs, Hilton, Woods, Jeffrey, Crowder, Harry
TE: Ertz, Olsen, Davis

Team 4 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex)
QB: Ryan, Cousins, Flacco
RB: Cook, Cohen, Johnson, Ingram
WR: Evans, Cooper, Diggs, Woods, Jeffrey, Jones
TE: Ertz, Thomas

User avatar
Servo
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1909
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby Servo » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:47 am

This is the quintessential guy you ride until your team falls off, and once it does, you get out for a solid 2nd or better. If you stay contending then continue the ride.

Rawls, Collins, plenty of other guys that have reminded us to sell when the going's good...hold at your own risk in the long run.

Is there a chance he's like Lindsay, and ends up having staying power? Possibly but I'd err on the side of caution.
Trucking Through The Fantasy Mud, One Year At a Time.

12-Man, 0.5PPR, Superflex, Start 9
2016 - Runner Up
2017 - Champion
2018 - Champion
2019 - lol


Mahomes, Stafford, Lock, Mariota, Tyrod
Dobbins, D. Williams, Mostert, Kerryon, B. Hill, Hines, Love, Laird, Perine NYJ
Hopkins, Allen, Thielen, Mims, Cooks, Fitz, Perriman, Ross
Kelce, Kittle

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:19 am

Re: James Robinson

Postby Lord_Varys » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:31 pm

Nothing not to like about this player. I'd be holding instead of selling for a 2nd round pick, tbh. Take the workhorse, or take the mystery box. Who knows, maybe the box has a workhorse?

SteveMaddensShoes
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 11:28 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:44 pm

Godwin complex, you and I have to promise each other we will stay out of this thread . Lol. Or atleast we cant give our opinions on his value. Just his skill set. Haha.
12 man Superflex deep starting requirements with even scoring among positions

11 starters - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Superflex, Flex, Flex, Flex.

1 PPR, 1 points every 10 yards rushing/receiving, 4 points per 100 passing, 4 point passing TDs, -2 INT.

TE premium 1.5 PPR and 1 point per 8.5 yards receiving.

QB- Russel Wilson, Joe Burrow, Matt Ryan, Tua Tagovailoa, Mason Rudolph, Mike Glennon

RB -CEH, Duke Johnson, James White, Donta Foreman, Justice Hill

WR - Keenan Allen, OBJ, JuJu, DJ Chark, Tyler Boyd, Brandon Aiyuck, Kelvin Harmon

TE - Dallas Goedert, Noah Fant, Logan Thomas, Robert Tonyan, Drew Sample, Dalton Schultz, Gerald Everett, Colby Parkinson


2021 -1.0,2.03,2.04,4.06
2022-1,1,2,4,5

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4910
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:05 pm

kvothe34 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:27 am
I think he's going be to stuck in the general valuation of a mid to low 2021 2nd until he shows consistent production for at least half the season. RB position just has so much turnover, and is so volume dependent, that its incredibly hard to build that valuation/trust in owners when you don't have draft capital.

If you're competitive, it's probably best to hold him through the season unless you can get a high 2nd or better. This is the kind of lucky pickup that is the difference between a mid playoff exit and a championship push.

If you're rebuilding, I'd wait until the second half of the season when injuries keep piling up and the competitive teams start looking for that extra bit of depth and then try to sell for either a young upside player + a low 2nd or (if he continues to put up these kind of numbers) push for a low 1st, even if you need to add on another small piece to make it happen. Very unlikely he holds much value into next season unless he really blows up this year.
x2
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Tannehill, Brees
RB: Kamara, Sanders
WR: Hill, DK, KA, Julio, Cooks
TE: Kelce, Kittle

Online
SoftwoodGrampian
Starter
Starter
Posts: 569
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 3:46 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:05 pm

He’s good at a lot but he is slow

User avatar
The Godwin Complex
Starter
Starter
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:38 am

Re: James Robinson

Postby The Godwin Complex » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:48 am

kvothe34 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:27 am
I think he's going be to stuck in the general valuation of a mid to low 2021 2nd until he shows consistent production for at least half the season. RB position just has so much turnover, and is so volume dependent, that its incredibly hard to build that valuation/trust in owners when you don't have draft capital.

If you're competitive, it's probably best to hold him through the season unless you can get a high 2nd or better. This is the kind of lucky pickup that is the difference between a mid playoff exit and a championship push.

If you're rebuilding, I'd wait until the second half of the season when injuries keep piling up and the competitive teams start looking for that extra bit of depth and then try to sell for either a young upside player + a low 2nd or (if he continues to put up these kind of numbers) push for a low 1st, even if you need to add on another small piece to make it happen. Very unlikely he holds much value into next season unless he really blows up this year.
x3

I agree with 99% of this. If he continues to perform well this year and provides significant value for the Jaguars at an Increasingly expensive position to invest in, there’s no reason to doubt that he could be the guy next season. Why invest a lot of capital when RB isn’t your top team priority?

I think there may be a difference between what we believe are the Jaguars priorities and what the Jaguars actual priorities are. Many are worried about Robinson getting replaced by a better home run hitter, but why would the jags be so quick to replace a consistent doubles guy when they have more pressing needs? At worst they bring in a better complimentary back with some speed, but not with the intention of completely replacing Robinson.

Everything is speculation right now but I wouldn’t let people’s talk convince me to undersell. I’m pretty firm on a low 1st/high 2nd right now.

EDIT: And Steve, now that things are a bit more clear and we have a cleaner starting point to discuss things - I’ve already resigned to letting our beliefs about the trajectory float. So many different ways it could go and I’ve already proven to be ahead of the curve in regard to speaking to what is possibly developing here....I don’t need more satisfaction than that. :lol:
2020 BOLD PREDICTIONS
James Robinson’s 2020 production in PPR will be comparable to or better than
Antonio Gibson, DeAndre Swift, and Cam Akers.
Are You Willing To Put Up or Shut Up?
Make Your Bold Prediction Here



12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: B. Roethlisberger (PIT)
RB: N. Chubb (CLE), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: C. Godwin (TB), C. Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT),
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: J. Landry (CLE), D. Harris (NE), R. Cobb (HOU)
SUPERFLEX: Sam Darnold (NYJ)


BENCH:
QB: G. Minshew (JAX), J. Luton (Jax), M. Rudolph (PIT)
RB: R. Penny (SEA), S. Michel (NE), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), J. Howard (MIA), J. Wilkins (IND), C. Patterson (CHI)
WR: T. Fulgham (PHI), G. Olszewski (NE), W. Snead (BAL), A. Tate (CIN), L. Fitzgerald (AZ),
TE: D. Asiasi (NE), D. Njoku (CLE), D. Keene (NE)

SteveMaddensShoes
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 11:28 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:42 am

The Godwin Complex wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:48 am
kvothe34 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:27 am
I think he's going be to stuck in the general valuation of a mid to low 2021 2nd until he shows consistent production for at least half the season. RB position just has so much turnover, and is so volume dependent, that its incredibly hard to build that valuation/trust in owners when you don't have draft capital.

If you're competitive, it's probably best to hold him through the season unless you can get a high 2nd or better. This is the kind of lucky pickup that is the difference between a mid playoff exit and a championship push.

If you're rebuilding, I'd wait until the second half of the season when injuries keep piling up and the competitive teams start looking for that extra bit of depth and then try to sell for either a young upside player + a low 2nd or (if he continues to put up these kind of numbers) push for a low 1st, even if you need to add on another small piece to make it happen. Very unlikely he holds much value into next season unless he really blows up this year.

EDIT: And Steve, now that things are a bit more clear and we have a cleaner starting point to discuss things - I’ve already resigned to letting our beliefs about the trajectory float. So many different ways it could go and I’ve already proven to be ahead of the curve in regard to speaking to what is possibly developing here....I don’t need more satisfaction than that. :lol:
:wall: :lol: :lol: :lol:
12 man Superflex deep starting requirements with even scoring among positions

11 starters - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Superflex, Flex, Flex, Flex.

1 PPR, 1 points every 10 yards rushing/receiving, 4 points per 100 passing, 4 point passing TDs, -2 INT.

TE premium 1.5 PPR and 1 point per 8.5 yards receiving.

QB- Russel Wilson, Joe Burrow, Matt Ryan, Tua Tagovailoa, Mason Rudolph, Mike Glennon

RB -CEH, Duke Johnson, James White, Donta Foreman, Justice Hill

WR - Keenan Allen, OBJ, JuJu, DJ Chark, Tyler Boyd, Brandon Aiyuck, Kelvin Harmon

TE - Dallas Goedert, Noah Fant, Logan Thomas, Robert Tonyan, Drew Sample, Dalton Schultz, Gerald Everett, Colby Parkinson


2021 -1.0,2.03,2.04,4.06
2022-1,1,2,4,5

User avatar
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 7946
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:38 am

Realistically - two 2nds.

User avatar
Never Veto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3757
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:26 pm
Location: Viking Country

Re: James Robinson

Postby Never Veto » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:40 pm

Looking pretty good tonight too. He’s not the fastest guy, but seems to have good vision and power, plus he’s got no problem catching the ball.
20 Team Superflex (1/2 PPR / 6pt TD's)
11 Starters - QB 1(2), RB 2(4), WR 2(5), TE 2(3)



QB - Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins
RB - Kenyan Drake, JK Dobbins, Tony Pollard, Rashaad Penny
WR - Adam Thielen, Cooper Kupp, Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, Odell Bechkam Jr, Tim Patrick
TE - Jonnu Smith, Zach Ertz, OJ Howard, Foster Moreau
PS - Donavan Peoples-Jones, Chris Warren II, Harrison Bryant


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SoftwoodGrampian and 8 guests