James Robinson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
RCogburn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: James Robinson

Postby RCogburn » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:49 pm

cantguardjake wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:29 pm Why would the Jags spend any decent pick or cash on a running back when they already have one who is both good and cheap? They have a million holes in the roster that need filling, running back isn’t one of them.

Probably the same people who kept mocking Swift to the Dolphins last year even after they went and signed Howard for peanuts.

It’s the ideal situation for the Jags, a tonne of picks a tonne of cap and none of it needs to be spent on a running back.

This. The Jags are one year behind the Dolphins as far as making the playoffs. I expect the Dolphins to add a RB through the draft this year. Now the Dolphins get a RB on the cheap for 4 years. I would expect the Jags to go with Robinson next year and maybe add one in 2022 if Robinson has a down year. Then the Jags have a cheap RB for 4 years, or they can lean on Robinson for 2 more.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:55 pm

I think durability has to factor in also. He played against stacked fronts with no backups for much of the year and probably could have played thru this recent ankle injury If he had to. That’s a tough guy. This had to impress his team mates, coach, GM, and owner(s). If Marrone remains I think his chances of retaining a similar role next year are good.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:00 pm

notweswelker wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:45 pm Ah yes we've really come full circle. The random incoming late round draft pick and/or veteran running back is really going to come in and take Robinson's job. Surely. I mean Robinson himself was an UDFA, just scoop up the next one, it's that easy right?
lol ok I'm done for a while.
How we doing in here, family...?

Seems kinda quiet. :lol:

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:01 pm

😢
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:09 pm

The funny thing is we do this EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:11 pm

Attachments
Jackie.jpg
Jackie.jpg (60.9 KiB) Viewed 668 times
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:13 pm

Sold JRob and 1:12 for Golladay and Rojo earlier this month.

Wasn't 100% sure on it but I felt like I had the chance to turn a free waiver pickup into a proven asset like Golladay and pickup Jones who I think has a shot to come close to his totals as replacement.

If you have a chance to sell an undrafted rookie on the worst team in the league before the draft for top dollar I think you pull the trigger.

Some dynasty sites right now have JRob ranked over guys like Chubb, Lamb and Gibson. Not anymore

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:20 pm

mullmania wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:13 pm

Some dynasty sites right now have JRob ranked over guys like Chubb, Lamb and Gibson. Not anymore
That's just not what dynasty is

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:24 pm

I thought the only risk to Jrob was if Etienne slipped to the 2nd round. I never even considered the possibility that they would use that pick on him.

Fantasy aside, it was a really bad pick for the Jaguars.

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:31 pm

RCogburn wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:49 pm
cantguardjake wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:29 pm Why would the Jags spend any decent pick or cash on a running back when they already have one who is both good and cheap? They have a million holes in the roster that need filling, running back isn’t one of them.

Probably the same people who kept mocking Swift to the Dolphins last year even after they went and signed Howard for peanuts.

It’s the ideal situation for the Jags, a tonne of picks a tonne of cap and none of it needs to be spent on a running back.

This. The Jags are one year behind the Dolphins as far as making the playoffs. I expect the Dolphins to add a RB through the draft this year. Now the Dolphins get a RB on the cheap for 4 years. I would expect the Jags to go with Robinson next year and maybe add one in 2022 if Robinson has a down year. Then the Jags have a cheap RB for 4 years, or they can lean on Robinson for 2 more.
Deserved bump, believe it or not I actually ended up selling most of my Jrob shares after I read the GM and RB coach speak about adding explosion earlier this month and connected the dots with this exact scenario being a real possibility :lol:

Still have more shares of him than I’d like though :vsad:

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:16 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:09 pm The funny thing is we do this EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.
BUT THIS TIME ITS DIFFERENT!!!1

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:59 pm

I packaged Jrob and Shenault for Arob last season to make a playoff push. When I lost RBs due to covid I offered a 1st for Jrob to get him back, was rejected. A couple weeks ago the Jrob manager put him OTB. I offered 2x 2022 2nds, was rejected again. So happy right now.

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:24 am

Welp. I have James Robinson as my RB2 on an aging contender and I am pretty much screwed by the Etienne pick. No idea how I'm gonna get RB production this year at this point. I held onto him thinking there's no way the Jags would be so stupid as to spend premium draft capital on a RB after getting a diamond in the rough like this undrafted.

F*CK.

I didn't really discuss it on here (that I remember) but I definitely would have been in the "there's no way Jacksonville would be that stupid" camp. And I would have been dead wrong.

F*CK.
Mud Dogs 0.5PPR
QB (1) - C. Newton, D. Jones
RB (1) - T. Gurley, N. Chubb, C. Hyde, J. Howard, M. Ingram. J. McKinnon, D. Foreman
WR (3) - J. Jones, A. Brown, A. Cooper, L. Fitzgerald, D. Moncrief, T. Lockett, D. Johnson, Hardman
TE (1) - Kittle, Gesecki, Warring
Flex (1) - any r/w/t

The Brute Squad- PPR of 0.25 for RB, 0.5 for WR
QB (1) - Roethlisberger, Rivers
RB (1) - T. Gurley, L. Miller, D. Foreman, J. McKinnon
WR (3) - D. Hopkins, A. Jeffery, S. Shepard, J. Crowder, M. Williams, Humphries
TE (1) - Hockenson, Olsen, Pruitt, Warring
Flex (1) - any r/w/t

Macho Man Randy Savage (Full PPR)
QB (1) - Ryan, Darnold
RB (1) - Barkley, Hyde, Breida, Mack, McKinnon, Ajayi
WR (1) - OBJ, K. Allen, R. Cobb, Diggs, J. Brown, Sutton, Isabella, D. Samuel, Slayton
TE (1) - Kittle
Flex (2) - any r/w
Extra 2020 first

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:38 am

Fezzik wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:24 am Welp. I have James Robinson as my RB2 on an aging contender and I am pretty much screwed by the Etienne pick. No idea how I'm gonna get RB production this year at this point. I held onto him thinking there's no way the Jags would be so stupid as to spend premium draft capital on a RB after getting a diamond in the rough like this undrafted.

F*CK.

I didn't really discuss it on here (that I remember) but I definitely would have been in the "there's no way Jacksonville would be that stupid" camp. And I would have been dead wrong.

F*CK.
I'm right there with ya. And then after the pick, Meyer says he drafted him as a third down back, and is going to use JRob and Hyde as a 1-2 punch. So he's not only stupid, he's a liar too.

He should have waited. The Jags own a ton of picks in the top 100. RB can be found anywhere, you already have a starter but you can easily use a pick to make that RBBC.... I don't get it. Maybe they trade JRob?

Etienne is a primo RB. I have a feeling that JRob is done as a Jaguar at least by next year.

*sigh*
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:46 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:38 am
Fezzik wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:24 am Welp. I have James Robinson as my RB2 on an aging contender and I am pretty much screwed by the Etienne pick. No idea how I'm gonna get RB production this year at this point. I held onto him thinking there's no way the Jags would be so stupid as to spend premium draft capital on a RB after getting a diamond in the rough like this undrafted.

F*CK.

F*CK.
I'm right there with ya. And then after the pick, Meyer says he drafted him as a third down back, and is going to use JRob and Hyde as a 1-2 punch. So he's not only stupid, he's a liar too.

He should have waited. The Jags own a ton of picks in the top 100. RB can be found anywhere, you already have a starter but you can easily use a pick to make that RBBC.... I don't get it. Maybe they trade JRob?

Etienne is a primo RB. I have a feeling that JRob is done as a Jaguar at least by next year.

*sigh*
For sure, Etienne is great. Not knocking that player at all. It's a foregone conclusion (to my simple mind) that he dominates touches pretty quickly (call it 6 games) . Just think it's a waste to draft him with that pick given the rest of the roster's holes.

I don't know if JRob will be traded, I'm now expecting the worst case scenario, that he gets 8 touches a game for the next 3 years sitting behind Etienne.

Lesson learned: never underestimate the tenacity of stupidity.

One question I guess... drafted players get 4 year deals; how long are first contracts for undrafted guys?
Mud Dogs 0.5PPR
QB (1) - C. Newton, D. Jones
RB (1) - T. Gurley, N. Chubb, C. Hyde, J. Howard, M. Ingram. J. McKinnon, D. Foreman
WR (3) - J. Jones, A. Brown, A. Cooper, L. Fitzgerald, D. Moncrief, T. Lockett, D. Johnson, Hardman
TE (1) - Kittle, Gesecki, Warring
Flex (1) - any r/w/t

The Brute Squad- PPR of 0.25 for RB, 0.5 for WR
QB (1) - Roethlisberger, Rivers
RB (1) - T. Gurley, L. Miller, D. Foreman, J. McKinnon
WR (3) - D. Hopkins, A. Jeffery, S. Shepard, J. Crowder, M. Williams, Humphries
TE (1) - Hockenson, Olsen, Pruitt, Warring
Flex (1) - any r/w/t

Macho Man Randy Savage (Full PPR)
QB (1) - Ryan, Darnold
RB (1) - Barkley, Hyde, Breida, Mack, McKinnon, Ajayi
WR (1) - OBJ, K. Allen, R. Cobb, Diggs, J. Brown, Sutton, Isabella, D. Samuel, Slayton
TE (1) - Kittle
Flex (2) - any r/w
Extra 2020 first