James Robinson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
PTW32
Captain
Captain

Re: James Robinson

Postby PTW32 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:08 pm

notweswelker wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:49 am Trevor Lawrence coming to town.
Jags have most cap space in the league. Beyond #1 overall, they have another 1st rounder(rams), two 2nd rounders (including 2.01), a 3rd, two 4ths, and two 5ths.

If you sold JROB this year or are planning to sell him this offseason, I have some bad news for you.
I just sold him and a 2022 1st for Miles Sanders.

I was in the championship and needed a RB2 with Robinson out.

I regret it. Sanders scored 19 points and i won by 19 so basicly anyone I would have put in that spot would have gotten me enough.

Oh well
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:15 pm

Jags have most cap space in the league. Beyond #1 overall, they have another 1st rounder(rams), two 2nd rounders (including 2.01), a 3rd, two 4ths, and two 5ths.

If you sold JROB this year or are planning to sell him this offseason, I have some bad news for you.
Depends on what you sold him for IMO. I cashed out good I think
Gave: Jrob, Mid 2021 first, David Johnson
Got: Chris Godwin

I think I came out on top even with Jrob continuing his hot streak.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:43 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:15 pm

I wouldn't trade JRob straight up for Godwin. We just have very different outlooks going forward!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:00 pm

Yeah no way they use any of those picks or cap space on RB

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:07 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:00 pm

Do we really need to have this back and forth? You've been following this game all these years and you're going to pretend like that statement you just wrote is logical? Come on man I respect you a lot, but your bitterness here is obviously affecting your objectivity.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:16 pm

notweswelker wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:43 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:15 pm

I wouldn't trade JRob straight up for Godwin. We just have very different outlooks going forward!
True, it looks less impressive after a down season from Godwin and Jrob lighting the world on fire. My thinking behind it was:
1) I have a tonne of RBs on my roster and we can max start 3 (Jacobs, CEH, Dobbins, Swift, Dillon, Penny if he can con back to pre-injury form this year). I dont need Jrob, and the first 4 of that list have such better chances in the NFL to have lasting careers. obviously Jrob has bucked the UDFA narrative, dude will be in the league a long time IMO, *BUT* The odds are stacked against him and his chances of repeating success are very low (not impossible, but how many UDFA RBs have had long productive careers, worth a large investment early on? Foster, Ekeler, are the only ones I've known in my lifetime (started watching football around 2011 when I would have been 14 or so))
2) I could use a WR, Moore was inexplicably not being targeted while wide open down field in favour of Robby Anderson 5 yards passed the LOS, OBJ was not performing all that great in CLE, very inconsistent with poor usage/play calling (if the pocket collapses on snap, why are we running go routes with a very expensive WR, just to get him a handful of crappy way down field?)
3) I thought I was getting Godwin on the cheap. Just coming back from a hammy injury I think it was around week 7 or so. He was a top 3 WR last year, he has the hands, the routes, the YAC, the TD capability. Didnt expect Brady to cap both Godwin and Evans at 7 targets per game
4) I was trying to get out of the next few drafts, too much crazy stuff going on to get a good read on the incoming players (will they play, will they sit? Will they declare, will they stay for another year?)
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:20 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:16 pm
True, it looks less impressive after a down season from Godwin and Jrob lighting the world on fire. My thinking behind it was:
1) I have a tonne of RBs on my roster and we can max start 3 (Jacobs, CEH, Dobbins, Swift, Dillon, Penny if he can con back to pre-injury form this year). I dont need Jrob, and the first 4 of that list have such better chances in the NFL to have lasting careers. obviously Jrob has bucked the UDFA narrative, dude will be in the league a long time IMO, *BUT* The odds are stacked against him and his chances of repeating success are very low (not impossible, but how many UDFA RBs have had long productive careers, worth a large investment early on? Foster, Ekeler, are the only ones I've known in my lifetime (started watching football around 2011 when I would have been 14 or so))
2) I could use a WR, Moore was inexplicably not being targeted while wide open down field in favour of Robby Anderson 5 yards passed the LOS, OBJ was not performing all that great in CLE, very inconsistent with poor usage/play calling (if the pocket collapses on snap, why are we running go routes with a very expensive WR, just to get him a handful of crappy way down field?)
3) I thought I was getting Godwin on the cheap. Just coming back from a hammy injury I think it was around week 7 or so. He was a top 3 WR last year, he has the hands, the routes, the YAC, the TD capability. Didnt expect Brady to cap both Godwin and Evans at 7 targets per game
4) I was trying to get out of the next few drafts, too much crazy stuff going on to get a good read on the incoming players (will they play, will they sit? Will they declare, will they stay for another year?)
Makes a lot of sense. The trade also makes sense if you're high on Godwin, I just happen to not be. I also agree with this next draft, I think the player evaluations will be even trickier than normal, I moved back in nearly all my drafts. Looking at superflex drafts the only two players I feel confident in are Lawrence and Lance.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:23 pm

This made me chuckle. I'm with you.

The Jags having a dozen high picks and a ton of cap space =/= JRob is in the clear. Quite the contrary. It means they will almost assuredly bring in help. Even the cowboys with Zeke drafted Pollard. Jones and Dillon. Chubb and Hunt. The list goes on for about 32 teams. No team wants to go into a season (especially a new head coach) with just one single capable runner.

The good news, he will have a solid role next year even when they do draft an RB. He will still be on a potentially ascending offense assuming they dont derp it up.

Hard to fault someone for cashing out for a price like Godwin.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:37 pm

notweswelker wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:07 pm

Do we really need to have this back and forth? You've been following this game all these years and you're going to pretend like that statement you just wrote is logical? Come on man I respect you a lot, but your bitterness here is obviously affecting your objectivity.
You assume I'm bitter and say you are being objective? Lol c'mon man RB is one of the easiest positions to replace and they have picks and the cap space to do it. That's he logic... Not saying they are guaranteed to replace him at RB, similar to how you are inferring he won't have any competition. I can say for certain that he will have more competition than he had this year and I'd be fairly confident in saying we just saw his best season. That's not to say he can't have a good career, but why not throw his name out there and see what you can get? I got Barkley and am still happy about it

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:42 pm

CGW wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:23 pm
This made me chuckle. I'm with you.

The Jags having a dozen high picks and a ton of cap space =/= JRob is in the clear. Quite the contrary. It means they will almost assuredly bring in help. Even the cowboys with Zeke drafted Pollard. Jones and Dillon. Chubb and Hunt. The list goes on for about 32 teams. No team wants to go into a season (especially a new head coach) with just one single capable runner.

The good news, he will have a solid role next year even when they do draft an RB. He will still be on a potentially ascending offense assuming they dont derp it up.

Hard to fault someone for cashing out for a price like Godwin.
OBVIOUSLY they are going to bring in an additional running back, I'd assume more than one.

Only a fool or a bitter biased non JROB owner would think those players are going to be a threat to his standing in the team in the near future.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:45 pm

Ah yes we've really come full circle. The random incoming late round draft pick and/or veteran running back is really going to come in and take Robinson's job. Surely. I mean Robinson himself was an UDFA, just scoop up the next one, it's that easy right?
lol ok I'm done for a while.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:50 pm

This is a tough question but if we're trying to think about this, how much more would Robinson's value rise should JAX decide to not bring in any legitimate competition? Are people really going to want to pay multiple firsts? I honestly don't know.

If April comes and JAX drafts a legitimate RB, then boom goes his trade value until he wins the job outright.

I'm not going to hate on anyone for cashing out between now and then (if you're able) to avoid that potential crash.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:55 pm

Servo wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:50 pm This is a tough question but if we're trying to think about this, how much more would Robinson's value rise should JAX decide to not bring in any legitimate competition? Are people really going to want to pay multiple firsts? I honestly don't know.

If April comes and JAX drafts a legitimate RB, then boom goes his trade value until he wins the job outright.

I'm not going to hate on anyone for cashing out between now and then (if you're able) to avoid that potential crash.
Logical thinking. You must be a bitter non owner or a fool.

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:01 pm

I LOVE me some RB1son and am excited for his future. He looks absolutely legit out there, and I seriously think he's going to be a thing for several years.

That said, I'd be foolish to *assume* that he will retain his current production and workload. I'd also be foolish to *assume* his team won't draft or otherwise acquire serious competition and/or a replacement/upgrade.

The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle; JAX has to be impressed with what he's done, and they have to recognize the value he brings to their organization. They also have to be smart about managing his workload, and are likely to bring in some form of actual help, either to offer a change of pace or to form a true 1a/1b committee.

We don't know what will happen, and are all foolish to *assume* that we do.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:29 pm

Why would the Jags spend any decent pick or cash on a running back when they already have one who is both good and cheap? They have a million holes in the roster that need filling, running back isn’t one of them.

Probably the same people who kept mocking Swift to the Dolphins last year even after they went and signed Howard for peanuts.

It’s the ideal situation for the Jags, a tonne of picks a tonne of cap and none of it needs to be spent on a running back.