Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: James Robinson

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:23 am

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:18 am
qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:55 am
McCafsteez wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:44 am

Contending = 100% Holding
Rebuilding = 100% Selling (unless you think he ends up elsewhere next year)
Agree with both.

On the other hand, I have been trying desperately to sell since ETN went down on a rebuilder, and a mid 2nd is the best I have been offered. At that point I'll 100% hold and see how things develop next year.
This. I can't even get a mid 2nd for the guy. With the amount of RBs that have gone down you would think a contender would pay a late first in a weak draft class for him. I'm either forced to hold him or basically just give him away.
This has been the case since last year as well, despite the fact that he's done nothing but produce.
Fortunately the only place I have him rostered is a strong contending team, so I'm happy to hold him.

I tried selling multiple times last year, and adding him to deals to improve other positions once ETN went down this year. No interest from anyone. He's a tough sell
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Olave, Diggs, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1.08, 3.05

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert, Zamir
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Nico, Kupp, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: 4.01

Team 3:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4.08, 4.12, 5.12

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:40 am

He's a whole thicker than Lindsey is so I doubt it's a 2 year run like his was.

doublesticks
Role Player
Role Player

Postby doublesticks » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:51 pm

I cashed out last week for a 2nd and Aiyuk...used the 2nd and Darrell Williams for Hubbard.

Feel like I turned two short term RBs into two long term dynasty assets.

If it doesn't work out, I only gave up JRob and Darrell Williams on the gamble.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:08 am

If Robinson had CEH's draft capital, he'd be a top 5 dynasty RB. He's ranked near the top in most advanced rushing metrics. The kid can flat out play.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:18 am

doublesticks wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:51 pm I cashed out last week for a 2nd and Aiyuk...used the 2nd and Darrell Williams for Hubbard.

Not a fan TBH. Hubbard is more short term than Robinson IMO. J Rob isn't going anywhere any time soon, I don't think. Hubbard is only going to be useful when CMC is out. I like the Darrell Williams and 2nd part of it, but "only" giving up J Rob seems like you're discounting the fact this guy hasn't done much, and the reality is, he's a really good NFL RB who should be relevant for a while, barring major injuries that derail his career. I'd much rather have Robinson than Aiyuk. Aiyuk's production, even at it's ceiling, is easily replaceable.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:22 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:18 am
doublesticks wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:51 pm I cashed out last week for a 2nd and Aiyuk...used the 2nd and Darrell Williams for Hubbard.

Not a fan TBH. Hubbard is more short term than Robinson IMO. J Rob isn't going anywhere any time soon, I don't think. Hubbard is only going to be useful when CMC is out. I like the Darrell Williams and 2nd part of it, but "only" giving up J Rob seems like you're discounting the fact this guy hasn't done much, and the reality is, he's a really good NFL RB who should be relevant for a while, barring major injuries that derail his career. I'd much rather have Robinson than Aiyuk. Aiyuk's production, even at it's ceiling, is easily replaceable.
x2
16 team league

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:48 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:58 am Heck, you may not even have to wait that long. This is a good one, I'll remember it. It'll be fun to revisit because if you're right it'll blow everyone away. If you're wrong, it'll make your strong assertions very comical.
You were right, I didn't have to wait to long. The ARob owners are wishing they sold when I did, I bet. My team is looking good and in contention again this year. Much of that has to do with having JRob. Having J.Jacobs and A.Gibson as my only other RBs, this move has proven to be a SEASON SAVER for me. Even with ETN going down it's hard to argue I wasn't right here. JRob has been looking great on a horrible team. After this year, how is he not gonna get play? I actually hope they trade him. And ARob is just BAD. So you know, I issue my apologies when I miss, if you and the others below wanna hit up your apologies on this one feel free, thanks.
captain howdy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:11 am What basis do you have to disparage arob's talent when, league wide - he is looked upon as a dynamic wr1?
StripesOfKC wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:03 am This is like trading Keenan Allen for Marlon Mack after last year's draft
Kelldon wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:59 am I value ARob over JRob. I don't see Jrob as a buy because Jrob owners still want late 1st/early 2nd when he is worth closer to late 2nd. JRob will have a NFL role this year but I am not sure he will have one that is fantasy relevant.
murphysxm wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:20 am The problem is you sold low and bought high.......
Sriracha wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:15 am CHI just drafted Justin Fields and AROB has been a consistent top 12 producer almost his entire career. JAX just drafted a 1st round RB. The team wants ETN to be the guy (regardless of whatever Meyers says) and he will get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd chances to earn that role over Robinson.
dynastyninja wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:55 am Can't say I see that trade being a good one for you, and I own both guys. Give me the WR1 over an undrafted RB that probably just lost his job.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:54 am

Man, JT, you're an bleep. Congratulations on predicting JRob's competition gets hurt and misses the entire season.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:00 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:54 am Man, JT, you're an bleep. Congratulations on predicting JRob's competition gets hurt and misses the entire season.
:lol:

I guess ARob doesn't look like crap and JRob doesn't look great.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:02 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:54 am Man, JT, you're an bleep. Congratulations on predicting JRob's competition gets hurt and misses the entire season.
A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:14 am

JTLoh wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:48 am And ARob is just BAD. So you know, I issue my apologies when I miss, if you and the others below wanna hit up your apologies on this one feel free, thanks.
captain howdy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:11 am What basis do you have to disparage arob's talent when, league wide - he is looked upon as a dynamic wr1?

Well thats an interesting request considering you have not remotely answered my question. Should I repost this when Arob lands on a team with a passing attack and is all the sudden not "bad"?

The Bears are averaging 124 yards of passing offense PER GAME. :lol:

Your post was that arob sucks, not that the bears offense sucks, fyi, so dont attempt to reframe it now. Arob is STILL considered a top talent at wr and will likely be paid accordingly in a few months time.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:20 am

captain howdy wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:14 am Should I repost this when Arob lands on a team with a passing attack and is all the sudden not "bad"?
Yes, you absolutely should.
Until then, eat the crow.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH

ALL THE MARBLES

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:21 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:02 am A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while
Once? :lol:
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH

ALL THE MARBLES

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:32 am

JTLoh wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:20 am
captain howdy wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:14 am Should I repost this when Arob lands on a team with a passing attack and is all the sudden not "bad"?
I play dynasty foorball. For 7 weeks your trade has worked out. Allen Robinson is in a bad situation. He will not make that mistake in FA this time around and a player that has balled most of his career will go to a team that suits his skills. He will finally be able to say Blake Bortles is no longer the best QB I have played for. You made a great re-draft trade, but I would still rather have Arob as an asset on my roster. We all value players differently and can disagree, but your style of posting doesn't need to occur.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:44 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:32 am
JTLoh wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:20 am
I play dynasty foorball. For 7 weeks your trade has worked out. Allen Robinson is in a bad situation. He will not make that mistake in FA this time around and a player that has balled most of his career will go to a team that suits his skills. He will finally be able to say Blake Bortles is no longer the best QB I have played for. You made a great re-draft trade, but I would still rather have Arob as an asset on my roster. We all value players differently and can disagree, but your style of posting doesn't need to occur.
I still value ARob as a solid WR from a talent perspective, but I also wouldn't be shocked if James Robinson remains the more valuable fantasy producer for the next few years. Allen currently has the 9th most expensive contract for a WR in 2021, so it isn't a given he's traded this season. If not, he wastes this season for fantasy purposes and is 29 entering camp next year.
16 team league