Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: James Robinson

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:27 am

thebeast wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:41 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:31 pm
kmbryant09 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:09 pm
You came out ahead based on July values. You came out way behind based on current values. Congrats??
How many undrafted RB are Google and how many of them are gone by week 4? A 2nd was a good price in the preseason. The irony? No one was sticking their neck out and buying lol hindsight is undefeated.
Hindsight is only necessary for those who did the wrong thing. Those who held or bought don’t need hindsight because they could see why was happening early on instead of just relying on a statistic and giving everyone terrible advice.
Doesn't change the fact that hindsight is undefeated, just because you knew he was going to be a top RB.

When is "early on" though? He was an easy stash with the empty RB room, but his odds were still slim... If you held through a few games and then sold, you probably got more than a 2nd. I sold him and 2 late 1sts for Barkley. I'm more than happy with that.

If you sold "early on" in preseason, you probably left value behind, but like I said before, I didn't see anyone sending a 2nd for him before he actually played a game. I didn't see many deals go down with him because the ask/bid prices were pretty far apart.

I still don't see him as a future starter in the league, but he has looked good. I think he's an easy sell to a contender if you're not in the running.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:41 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:27 am

How many undrafted RB are Google and how many of them are gone by week 4? A 2nd was a good price in the preseason. The irony? No one was sticking their neck out and buying lol hindsight is undefeated.
Hindsight is only necessary for those who did the wrong thing. Those who held or bought don’t need hindsight because they could see why was happening early on instead of just relying on a statistic and giving everyone terrible advice.
Doesn't change the fact that hindsight is undefeated, just because you knew he was going to be a top RB.

When is "early on" though? He was an easy stash with the empty RB room, but his odds were still slim... If you held through a few games and then sold, you probably got more than a 2nd. I sold him and 2 late 1sts for Barkley. I'm more than happy with that.

If you sold "early on" in preseason, you probably left value behind, but like I said before, I didn't see anyone sending a 2nd for him before he actually played a game. I didn't see many deals go down with him because the ask/bid prices were pretty far apart.

I still don't see him as a future starter in the league, but he has looked good. I think he's an easy sell to a contender if you're not in the running.
Don't waste your time.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:44 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:41 am

Don't waste your time.
Lol I almost deleted it, but I'm bored enough I guess

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:04 am

This is where I stand. He's gotten too expensive to buy in my league. I don't trust the future past 2020 enough to spend elite RB prices in dynasty. He's getting the most volume of any RB in the league. It's a dream situation for 2020 production.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:26 am

That is a fair perspective.

I originally thought he had a good chance to be the guy for just this year, but I now think he is going to be a starter in the league for a while. He may get more 3rd down competition, but my thinking is he isn’t the next Foster or Holmes, but he is the next Chris Carson (even though he was a 7th round pick).

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:04 pm

Also posted this in the completed trades thread, but I just sold one of my James Robinson shares. 10 team, 0.5 PPR, start 1 QB league.

Gave: Matt Ryan, Chris Carson, James Robinson
Received: Joe Mixon, DJ Chark
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:39 pm

Good call above on Chris Carson esq, I can see that one. High end RB2 that people will never fully appreciate cause he wasn't a shoe in round 1 dynasty rookie pick.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:02 pm

What do you think the Jags would take for JR? A 5th, 4th? I think they'd take a 4th. A team in a multi year rebuild, getting a 4th after 7 games of a UDFA, to address a more important position would be a profitable move. Was just thinking the Steelers should kick the tires. He's exactly what kind of back they like, and they have cap issues next year, and Conner's contract is up. Getting a few years after this year out of Robinson on a super cheap deal before he becomes an RFA would be worth a 4th rounder to the Steelers, rather than spending it on a college RB. Food for thought.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:36 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:02 pm What do you think the Jags would take for JR? A 5th, 4th? I think they'd take a 4th. A team in a multi year rebuild, getting a 4th after 7 games of a UDFA, to address a more important position would be a profitable move. Was just thinking the Steelers should kick the tires. He's exactly what kind of back they like, and they have cap issues next year, and Conner's contract is up. Getting a few years after this year out of Robinson on a super cheap deal before he becomes an RFA would be worth a 4th rounder to the Steelers, rather than spending it on a college RB. Food for thought.
I know he's gone from these forums, but this was a ridiculous take. What were the Jags supposed to do with that 4th round pick? Draft a RB with a 2% chance of being the player James Robinson is?
NFL teams do not trade young talent on rookie contracts, and they certainly will never do it for a measly 4th round pick. They'll only trade players they are not likely to sign.

I think Robinson comes down to earth a bit while facing a tougher schedule, but what happens if he just gets better? He already has more dynasty value than say David Montgomery, who has solid 3rd draft capital, but the Bears will no doubt bring in another RB to take carries away from Montgomery. The Jags are more likely to bring in a RB to compliment Robinson.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:22 pm

viewtopic.php?p=1895683#p1895683

I'm curious who these 5-6 fantasy analysts that have spoken highly of James Robsinson starting back in March. I can't find any reference to these people in other threads, anyone know who these could be?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

XclickX
Role Player
Role Player

Postby XclickX » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:30 pm

I just flipped him (Jrob) and my late 21 first ( currently in first place so it’s the last pick) for Zeke. Let’s gooooo.

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:45 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:22 pm viewtopic.php?p=1895683#p1895683

I'm curious who these 5-6 fantasy analysts that have spoken highly of James Robsinson starting back in March. I can't find any reference to these people in other threads, anyone know who these could be?
Agreed, heard nary a peep til Fournette was cut. Still had plenty of time to get him though.

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:41 pm

I was one of the earlier adopters of this man's talents, grabbing him before it was clear he would be "the guy" after they cut Fournette. Rode him hard until this week and dealt him to the top team in the other division for a 2021 1st and Devin Asiasi. My team is terrible and might need a year+ to get back on track and my thinking was- a lot can happen between now and 2022 or even early 2021- Marrone could get canned, new coach could come in with new schemes etc. There's always the chance JRob could be the next Terrell Davis or Arian Foster but i'm taking the pick and will still root for him and watch him on Sundays. Good luck JRob!
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:48 pm

raiders444 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:41 pm I was one of the earlier adopters of this man's talents, grabbing him before it was clear he would be "the guy" after they cut Fournette. Rode him hard until this week and dealt him to the top team in the other division for a 2021 1st and Devin Asiasi. My team is terrible and might need a year+ to get back on track and my thinking was- a lot can happen between now and 2022 or even early 2021- Marrone could get canned, new coach could come in with new schemes etc. There's always the chance JRob could be the next Terrell Davis or Arian Foster but i'm taking the pick and will still root for him and watch him on Sundays. Good luck JRob!
Hard to argue with that value and logic. Nice work
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:29 pm

As a contender would a 1st (could land anywhere, but tilting towards mid/late) get it done for him at this point? I'm interested but worried it might not be enough.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert