James Robinson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: James Robinson

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:56 am

Blackout wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:49 am
Team 2

'm thinking offering a early 1st 2021 (1.3 max) to get him + Blake Martinez

Is he for real ? Or too soon ?

Got two others 2021 1st so i want to trade one of it
too soon.

XclickX
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby XclickX » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:27 pm

Blackout wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:49 am
Team 2

'm thinking offering a early 1st 2021 (1.3 max) to get him + Blake Martinez

Is he for real ? Or too soon ?

Got two others 2021 1st so i want to trade one of it
Seems fair if LBs score what top rbs or WRs do. Martinez is the #1 scoring IDP player in my league rn.

User avatar
Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:44 am
Location: Sanary, FRANCE

Re: James Robinson

Postby Blackout » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Robinson comes down to earth
French Dynasty High Level, 16 owners, PPR, 6 pts all TD, Salary Cap
Creation : 2020
Roster : https://www69.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0007&O=07

HFR Dynasty League, 16 owners, PPR, 6 Pts all TD, Salary Cap
Creation : 2011
Roster : https://www58.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0002&O=07

CGW
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2302
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby CGW » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:28 pm

Blackout wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:27 pm
Robinson comes down to earth
I think the jags in general are coming down to earth.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Flacco
RB | Taylor, Gaskin, Singletary, Wilkins, Ahmed, Wilson
WR | Adams, Evans, Golladay, D. Johnson, Miller, G. Davis, Mooney, Pascal, Coutee
TE | Andrews, Alie-Cox, Rodgers, Herndon

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Minshew
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, R. Jones, Singletary, Vaughn
WR | Godwin, AJ Brown, Lamb, D. Johnson, Aiyuk, M. Brown, Slayton, Mooney, Kirk, Reynolds, Fulgham, Peoples-Jones, Perriman
TE | Andrews, Henry, Sample, Schultz

12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Wilson, Darnold, Trubisky, Glennon, Stidham
RB | Hines, Henderson, Wilkins, Penny, Ahmed, Guice
WR | Evans, Ridley, Golladay, Kupp, D. Johnson, Pittman, Fulgham, Mooney, Ward, T. Smith
TE | L. Thomas, Ertz, Herndon, Sternberger

User avatar
YouMightDieTryin
Starter
Starter
Posts: 500
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:30 pm

Eventually after you gain better tape on an unknown player they become easier to stop. Surprise.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Brady
RB: Saquon, Elliott, CEH, K.Hunt, Vaughn, Malcolm Brown, Justin Jackson,
WR: DJ Moore, OBJ, B.Cooks, Jeudy, Pittman, Shenault, B. Edwards, ESB, Scotty Miller, Peoples-Jones
TE: H.Henry, C.Herndon, I Smith Jr
Taxi: T.Johnson, Herbert
2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
2022: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th :dance:

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:25 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby TimeWillTell » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:34 pm

13 for 48 and caught 5 of 7 for 22. I don't see that as awful on what was obviously a bad day offensively for the entire team. He's obviously the guy on a bad team. Will be good days and bad.
2020 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Stafford, Jones
RB: Barkley, JRob, CEH, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Penny
WR: AJB, Jefferson, Evans, DJM, Chark, Lamb, Tee Higgins, Mims, Shenault, Jeudy, Ruggs, P. Williams, Edwards, Callaway
TE: Andrews, Jonnu, Hock, Hurst
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
No 2021 picks, 2022 2nd (not mine), all 2023 picks

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2314
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:35 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:30 pm
Eventually after you gain better tape on an unknown player they become easier to stop. Surprise.
I generally don’t buy this about RBs. QBs, sure. You figure out how to attack them (3 years in teams seem to have finally realized they shouldn’t blitz Mahomes!) but RBs? Idk. Maybe they figured out Jacksonville’s offense.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: James Robinson

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:43 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:35 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:30 pm
Eventually after you gain better tape on an unknown player they become easier to stop. Surprise.
I generally don’t buy this about RBs. QBs, sure. You figure out how to attack them (3 years in teams seem to have finally realized they shouldn’t blitz Mahomes!) but RBs? Idk. Maybe they figured out Jacksonville’s offense.
He's still got a solid floor due to the receptions. He's not a great talent. He's a solid NFL RB. Good vision, yards after contact, and good hands for his size. He is very replaceable, though. I doubt it this year, they have nobody. I actually think he's going to hang in the NFL for while, but that this may be the high water mark for his FF production.

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2314
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:46 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:43 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:35 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:30 pm
Eventually after you gain better tape on an unknown player they become easier to stop. Surprise.
I generally don’t buy this about RBs. QBs, sure. You figure out how to attack them (3 years in teams seem to have finally realized they shouldn’t blitz Mahomes!) but RBs? Idk. Maybe they figured out Jacksonville’s offense.
He's still got a solid floor due to the receptions. He's not a great talent. He's a solid NFL RB. Good vision, yards after contact, and good hands for his size. He is very replaceable, though. I doubt it this year, they have nobody. I actually think he's going to hang in the NFL for while, but that this may be the high water mark for his FF production.
He could have a James White career.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

User avatar
JAG_challam
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby JAG_challam » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:47 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:30 pm
Eventually after you gain better tape on an unknown player they become easier to stop. Surprise.
Not buying this. At least not 100%. The coaching today takes no less than 75% of the blame. Only place I can think where you can witness, first hand, worse coaching is in front of a NYJ game.

User avatar
mild
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1483
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: the Underworld

Re: James Robinson

Postby mild » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:48 pm

TimeWillTell wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:34 pm
13 for 48 and caught 5 of 7 for 22. I don't see that as awful on what was obviously a bad day offensively for the entire team. He's obviously the guy on a bad team. Will be good days and bad.
Ozigbo and Armstead are both due back imminently... your theory will be tested for holes and general seaworthyness and an ability to maintain buoyancy!

I could easily see some ugly time share action. Why not. Might as well find out what you have in 2020.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:25 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby TimeWillTell » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:09 pm

mild wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:48 pm
TimeWillTell wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:34 pm
13 for 48 and caught 5 of 7 for 22. I don't see that as awful on what was obviously a bad day offensively for the entire team. He's obviously the guy on a bad team. Will be good days and bad.
Ozigbo and Armstead are both due back imminently... your theory will be tested for holes and general seaworthyness and an ability to maintain buoyancy!

I could easily see some ugly time share action. Why not. Might as well find out what you have in 2020.
Ozigbo is Meh. On serious note is Armstead even okay? It seems like he’s been on the Covid list for 3 months now.
2020 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Stafford, Jones
RB: Barkley, JRob, CEH, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Penny
WR: AJB, Jefferson, Evans, DJM, Chark, Lamb, Tee Higgins, Mims, Shenault, Jeudy, Ruggs, P. Williams, Edwards, Callaway
TE: Andrews, Jonnu, Hock, Hurst
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
No 2021 picks, 2022 2nd (not mine), all 2023 picks

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: James Robinson

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:33 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:46 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:43 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:35 pm


I generally don’t buy this about RBs. QBs, sure. You figure out how to attack them (3 years in teams seem to have finally realized they shouldn’t blitz Mahomes!) but RBs? Idk. Maybe they figured out Jacksonville’s offense.
He's still got a solid floor due to the receptions. He's not a great talent. He's a solid NFL RB. Good vision, yards after contact, and good hands for his size. He is very replaceable, though. I doubt it this year, they have nobody. I actually think he's going to hang in the NFL for while, but that this may be the high water mark for his FF production.
He could have a James White career.
As a floor play, right? Not 80 receptions a year with minimal carries.... :lol:

User avatar
thebeast
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby thebeast » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:34 am

No one lights it up for 16 weeks, not even top picks. Every has average games and stinkers. We will see what happens when the other backs return, I don’t think his role changes much though. All that matters is his production at the end of the year and what role he has going forward.
2017 Champion - DLF Hall of Fame League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL
2019 Reg. Season Champ & Runner Up - DLF Premium League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10324
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: James Robinson

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:40 am

I don't think teams figured him out, but as most expected, Jacksonville is awful and they're going to be playing from behind. That creates negative game script, which makes it tougher for Robinson to produce.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 8 guests