James Robinson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: James Robinson

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:19 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:42 pm
JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:09 pm Back to the topic at hand, I think he's worth a buy. Virtually Jacksonville's entire roster is getting a chance to prove it before they start rebuilding. If Robinson plays like this all season I seriously doubt Jax looks for someone high in the draft with how many holes they currently have to fill. He passes the eye test each week, I'm not sure his price is going to get lower.
Especially if *when* they upgrade their QB.
Fair. Just commenting to add some more:

The only real weakness that he has is breakaway speed, which I just don't see as a must-have in a good RB. He'll obviously never be Barkley, but most RBs are only breaking a few homerun plays a year.

He catches balls, he runs hard and gets what's blocked and then some, he has good vision, he seems to pass block ok. If I'm the GM of Jacksonville and we're on the clock in the 2nd round I'm taking defensive help or O Line help over Travis Etienne. This is all ASSUMING he stays healthy and plays comparable to how he is for the rest of the season. Undrafted and late round rookie RBs break out all the time, I really feel like JRob is going to be the guy in Jax for more than a season.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:16 am

It's happening! In one of my leagues, the following trade just occurred (I wasn't involved).

James Robinson and 2021 4th round pick for Cam Akers

Robinson has officially entered 1st round draft pick territory in a 12 team league.

Congrats to all those who have held to this point.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:21 am

thebeast wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:16 am It's happening! In one of my leagues, the following trade just occurred (I wasn't involved).

Robinson has officially entered 1st round draft pick territory in a 12 team league.
So far my best offer is a single 2nd from a guy who has two 2nds and a massive hole at RB lol

Saw a guy on Twitter that traded Juju straight up for Robinson

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:47 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:21 am
thebeast wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:16 am It's happening! In one of my leagues, the following trade just occurred (I wasn't involved).

So far my best offer is a single 2nd from a guy who has two 2nds and a massive hole at RB lol

Saw a guy on Twitter that traded Juju straight up for Robinson
If you want to move him for a 1st then I would put him in the block and then send every team an offer offering him for their 1st and see if any one takes it. It may get accepted by someone, but even if it doesn’t you are planting the seed that he is available for a first so maybe after this weekend there is an injury and someone wants him or something.

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:13 am

Well I pulled the trigger on my first for Robinson.

Full PPR. No IR. My roster is below.

1qb, 1rb, 1wr, 1 te, 2 flex, 1k 1 def

QB - Ryan, Tua
RB - Swift, McKinnon, Vaughn, Breida, Saquan Barkley (IR)
WR - Odell, Keenan, Diggs, Sutton (IR), Brown, C. Davis, Samuel, Pittman, Slayton
TE - Kittle, L. Thomas
Sharing my own post from another thread. It's full PPR and I lost Saquan and Sutton, but still have a very strong (albeit thinner now) roster so I traded my first for Robinson. I just wanted to compete this year, feel like he's worth a low first, which if it all works out is where my pick will be.

I'm 3-1 at present but having trouble fielding a decent starting RB and going 1rb/3wr; was going to have to figure it out between McKinnon and Swift and with Mostert coming back figured now was the time to pull the trigger.

Maybe I'm the sucker, but I'm going into it eyes wide open. This could fail, but I'm taking a shot.

EDIT: Just thinking out loud but it's always tough for me to trade a first for a guy I grabbed off waivers just before week 1 in a different league. Still.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:09 am

In a normal year I wouldn’t fault anyone for dropping some draft capital similar to the previous post. I’ve done it in the past for less valuable than Robinson in order to go for the gold in season. However, a first this year for Robinson might end up resulting in you getting to use him until the league is cancelled in week 10. I would have to be very confident he retains value beyond 2020.

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:44 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:09 am In a normal year I wouldn’t fault anyone for dropping some draft capital similar to the previous post. I’ve done it in the past for less valuable than Robinson in order to go for the gold in season. However, a first this year for Robinson might end up resulting in you getting to use him until the league is cancelled in week 10. I would have to be very confident he retains value beyond 2020.
This is a perfectly fair point, and one I honestly didnt consider until after the trade. Well, technically it hasn't been accepted yet but its in her inbox and she said she would accept. I'm not going to pull it back now.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:55 pm

Congrats to all those who have held to this point.
I sold 2 weeks ago. Packaged him with Shenault for Arob. Ill pat myself on the back. And see myself out.

SteelLake
Starter
Starter

Postby SteelLake » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:07 pm

I need a RB. Tried to offer my 1st to a non-contender for Robinson. Counter was: singletary, wentz (superflex), plus another “valuable piece”

Yea... looks like I won’t be buying
Drew Christopher Brees Football Squad
Dynasty League (10 team)
2013-Present (11 years)
2017, 2022 Champion
8 playoff appearances
Record: 95-61

Keenan Alexander Allen Football Squad
Contract League (12 teams)
2015-Present (8 years)
2022, 2023 Champion
8 Playoff appearances
Record: 84-42

Dar's Outcasts
Redraft league (8-10 teams)
2020- Present (4 years)
2023 Champion
4 Playoff appearances
Record: 41-16

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:11 pm

Surprised he’s not mentioned as the “new 1.01”
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:29 pm

SteelLake wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:07 pm I need a RB. Tried to offer my 1st to a non-contender for Robinson. Counter was: singletary, wentz (superflex), plus another “valuable piece”

Yea... looks like I won’t be buying
There's a reason he's a non contender.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:12 am

Fezzik wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:13 am
Well I pulled the trigger on my first for Robinson.

Full PPR. No IR. My roster is below.

1qb, 1rb, 1wr, 1 te, 2 flex, 1k 1 def

QB - Ryan, Tua
RB - Swift, McKinnon, Vaughn, Breida, Saquan Barkley (IR)
WR - Odell, Keenan, Diggs, Sutton (IR), Brown, C. Davis, Samuel, Pittman, Slayton
TE - Kittle, L. Thomas
Sharing my own post from another thread. It's full PPR and I lost Saquan and Sutton, but still have a very strong (albeit thinner now) roster so I traded my first for Robinson. I just wanted to compete this year, feel like he's worth a low first, which if it all works out is where my pick will be.

I'm 3-1 at present but having trouble fielding a decent starting RB and going 1rb/3wr; was going to have to figure it out between McKinnon and Swift and with Mostert coming back figured now was the time to pull the trigger.

Maybe I'm the sucker, but I'm going into it eyes wide open. This could fail, but I'm taking a shot.

EDIT: Just thinking out loud but it's always tough for me to trade a first for a guy I grabbed off waivers just before week 1 in a different league. Still.
Long-term, you got swindled.

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:34 am

Fezzik wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:44 pm
Ray Finkle wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:09 am In a normal year I wouldn’t fault anyone for dropping some draft capital similar to the previous post. I’ve done it in the past for less valuable than Robinson in order to go for the gold in season. However, a first this year for Robinson might end up resulting in you getting to use him until the league is cancelled in week 10. I would have to be very confident he retains value beyond 2020.
This is a perfectly fair point, and one I honestly didnt consider until after the trade. Well, technically it hasn't been accepted yet but its in her inbox and she said she would accept. I'm not going to pull it back now.
Plot twist. She rejected it. I still would have done the deal.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:43 am

Fezzik wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:34 am
Fezzik wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:44 pm
Plot twist. She rejected it. I still would have done the deal.
Deus Ex Machina
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:49 am

Team 2

'm thinking offering a early 1st 2021 (1.3 max) to get him + Blake Martinez

Is he for real ? Or too soon ?

Got two others 2021 1st so i want to trade one of it