We're on to Week 3

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: We're on to Week 3

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:55 am

joshb wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:46 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:01 pm And the other matchup of the other best 2 QBs in the other primetime spot. MNF Mahomes vs Lamar. Can't wait! It's no Minshew vs Fitzmagic though ;)
Rodgers vs. Brees Sunday night as well.
So 1 great QB vs 1 washed up old man without his safety net that's made him look better than he really has been over the last few years?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:33 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:05 am
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:34 am I have a lot of players in this Thursday night matchup honestly. Not sure how I feel about that lol
Dolphins-Jaguars? I'd be a little worried. Ha.
Robinson and Gaskin filling in flex spots at the moment. Minshews in at QB2 for Matt Ryan who plays Chicago. That's an iffy call but I'm sticking with it. And Chark as a flex. The RB are questionable but with injuries, that's where I'm at

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:02 am

Tyrod's lung was punctured by team doctors lol

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:12 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:01 pm And the other matchup of the other best 2 QBs in the other primetime spot. MNF Mahomes vs Lamar. Can't wait! It's no Minshew vs Fitzmagic though ;)
Holy crap, both the SNF and MNF matchups are awesome! :surprised: :thumbup:

Although no Michael Thomas makes SNF considerably less exciting. Should still be pretty good after that embarrassing loss to da Raaaaaiders.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:18 am

Servo wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:02 am Tyrod's lung was punctured by team doctors lol
I figured that was the case after they said he received a chest injection. Trying to put a needle into the intercostal spaces (the muscles between ribs) is a small space. If he kept saying he was experiencing pain they'd keep trying to inject small amounts of medicine while moving the needle around until they find the right spot. Go just a little too far and you've hit lung creating a small hole in the lung potentially a pneumothorax (collapsed lung). Go figure it happens to the bolts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:16 am

How many coaches get fined this week? I don't understand why when everyone is tested, the coaches have to wear the masks. I would guess Gruden will lose at least a million dollars this year in fines. They may even threaten suspension, because I don't see him changing his process.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:29 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:16 am How many coaches get fined this week? I don't understand why when everyone is tested, the coaches have to wear the masks. I would guess Gruden will lose at least a million dollars this year in fines. They may even threaten suspension, because I don't see him changing his process.
I assume there will be some adjustments to this. It's a stupid fine for a stupid rule. All of these guys test daily and are at more risk at home than at the field. The NFL is scared of the optics and worried about backlash from the mask patrol if they didn't have a policy in place.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:40 am

CGW wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:29 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:16 am How many coaches get fined this week? I don't understand why when everyone is tested, the coaches have to wear the masks. I would guess Gruden will lose at least a million dollars this year in fines. They may even threaten suspension, because I don't see him changing his process.
I assume there will be some adjustments to this. It's a stupid fine for a stupid rule. All of these guys test daily and are at more risk at home than at the field. The NFL is scared of the optics and worried about backlash from the mask patrol if they didn't have a policy in place.
It's a PR thing for sure, but it's not a bad thing to enforce. Sure they're all testing negative, but the one that does test positive and was yelling at his team just spread faster than CA's fires. It's not hard to put a piece of cloth over your face especially when you're Gruden or Carroll. No one wants to see Chucky's evil grin or Pete chomp on gum all game anyway.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:44 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:40 am
It's a PR thing for sure, but it's not a bad thing to enforce. Sure they're all testing negative, but the one that does test positive and was yelling at his team just spread faster than CA's fires. It's not hard to put a piece of cloth over your face especially when you're Gruden or Carroll. No one wants to see Chucky's evil grin or Pete chomp on gum all game anyway.
But when you have 106 heavy breathing, sweating, yelling players not wearing them...does it matter if a coach or two is?
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:56 am

CGW wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:44 am

But when you have 106 heavy breathing, sweating, yelling players not wearing them...does it matter if a coach or two is?
It sure does matter if that coach is the one, that by choosing to not wear a mask, inadvertantly spreads covid to his team. It's incredibly short sighted to complain about this. Just wear the damn mask till we all get through this mess.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:08 pm

I couldn't agree more, and I am very pro-mask for the general population. It is something easy that can help stop the spread, why not?

In terms of the NFL though, if they are all tested on Saturday, then gameday, and all the players aren't wearing masks, why does anyone need to wear a mask? Seems very strange to me.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:20 pm

Players can't do their job with a mask on, coaches can, if you can do your job with a mask on (even if it's a little more difficult) then you should wear one. Everyone on here was slamming the NFL for "not having a plan" for Covid during the offseason and being skeptical if not outright dismissive of the leagues ability to pull off a full season. The lack of COVID cases so far is proof that the league had a solid plan all along, but relaxing on the protocols puts all the work they've done at risk. Yes there's a risk of players passing it on, but that's an unavoidable one if the season is to happen, coaches catching it or passing it on is a risk that is much easier to reduce if not completely eliminate, so do what needs to be done to reduce that risk, make coaches wear masks.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:34 pm

grooner wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:08 pm

I couldn't agree more, and I am very pro-mask for the general population. It is something easy that can help stop the spread, why not?

In terms of the NFL though, if they are all tested on Saturday, then gameday, and all the players aren't wearing masks, why does anyone need to wear a mask? Seems very strange to me.
Two words: False. Negatives.

You might test negative on day 3 after you contracted it, but day 5 starts up and now you're showing symptoms and test positive. Well sheet you were just with your whole team on day 4...here we go.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:41 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:34 pm
grooner wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:08 pm

Two words: False. Negatives.

You might test negative on day 3 after you contracted it, but day 5 starts up and now you're showing symptoms and test positive. Well sheet you were just with your whole team on day 4...here we go.
Precisly. NO test is 100% valid. The current Covid tests avg about 85% accuracy. To rely too heavily on the frequent testing protocol is understandable - but it is not wise. Wear the damn masks, wash hands frequently, and do your best to socially distance when possible. Limit exposure time as much as possible. This commentary on the players and coaches testing frequently shows an all too common lack of understanding of the testing limitations.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:24 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:55 am
So 1 great QB vs 1 washed up old man without his safety net that's made him look better than he really has been over the last few years?
I wouldn't be so quick to write off Rodgers if Adams can't play. :wink:
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def