We're on to Week 3

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4405
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: We're on to Week 3

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:55 am

joshb wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:46 am
Jigga94 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:01 pm
And the other matchup of the other best 2 QBs in the other primetime spot. MNF Mahomes vs Lamar. Can't wait! It's no Minshew vs Fitzmagic though ;)
Rodgers vs. Brees Sunday night as well.
So 1 great QB vs 1 washed up old man without his safety net that's made him look better than he really has been over the last few years?

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8299
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: We're on to Week 3

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:33 am

Pac_Eddy wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:05 am
Jigga94 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:34 am
I have a lot of players in this Thursday night matchup honestly. Not sure how I feel about that lol
Dolphins-Jaguars? I'd be a little worried. Ha.
Robinson and Gaskin filling in flex spots at the moment. Minshews in at QB2 for Matt Ryan who plays Chicago. That's an iffy call but I'm sticking with it. And Chark as a flex. The RB are questionable but with injuries, that's where I'm at
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, D. Jones, Baker
RB: JT, Mostert, Dillon, Gaskin, McFarland, Jeff Wilson, Mattison, Pollard, Damien (IR)
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Preston, Cole, G. Davis, Parris (IR), Mims (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant
2021: 1, 2, 3

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Minshew, Hurts
RB: CMC (IR), Saquon (IR), Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, M. Davis, McFarland, Penny, Cohen
WR: DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, Lazard (IR), C. Davis, G. Davis, Washington, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Irv, Tonyan
2021: 2, 3, 3
2022: 1, 2, 3, 3

User avatar
Servo
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1887
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Re: We're on to Week 3

Postby Servo » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:02 am

Tyrod's lung was punctured by team doctors lol
Trucking Through The Fantasy Mud, One Year At a Time.

12-Man, 0.5PPR, Superflex, Start 9
2016 - Runner Up
2017 - Champion
2018 - Champion
2019 - lol


Mahomes, Stafford, Lock, Mariota, Tyrod
Dobbins, D. Williams, Mostert, Kerryon, B. Hill, Hines, Love, Laird, Perine NYJ
Hopkins, Allen, Thielen, Mims, Cooks, Fitz, Perriman, Ross
Kelce, Kittle

User avatar
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2121
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:19 am

Re: We're on to Week 3

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:12 am

joshb wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:46 am
Jigga94 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:01 pm
And the other matchup of the other best 2 QBs in the other primetime spot. MNF Mahomes vs Lamar. Can't wait! It's no Minshew vs Fitzmagic though ;)
Rodgers vs. Brees Sunday night as well.
Holy crap, both the SNF and MNF matchups are awesome! :surprised: :thumbup:

Although no Michael Thomas makes SNF considerably less exciting. Should still be pretty good after that embarrassing loss to da Raaaaaiders.
10 Team Dynasty PPR, TE Premium (1.5 PPR), 6 pt/pass TD, 1pt/25 yds pass, 1pt/5 carries, 1pt/10yds rush/rec
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX (R/W/T) 1DST 1TMK | 21 Active Roster, 4 Taxi (*), 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '07 | SB x3: 2018 League Champs!

QB - P Mahomes | D Prescott+ | T Bridgewater
RB - A Jones | C Carson | A Ekeler+ | R Mostert | P Lindsay | R Penny+ | J Hasty ® | G Edwards | A McFarland ®* | D Dallas ®*
WR - D Hopkins | K Golladay | K Allen | D Slayton | J Edelman | J Jeudy ® | L Shenault ®* | G Davis ® | D Mims ®*
TE - T Kelce | M Andrews | R Tonyan
DST: Ravens, Bucs | TMK: Colts | 2021 - 3,3,4,4

User avatar
YouMightDieTryin
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: We're on to Week 3

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:18 am

Servo wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:02 am
Tyrod's lung was punctured by team doctors lol
I figured that was the case after they said he received a chest injection. Trying to put a needle into the intercostal spaces (the muscles between ribs) is a small space. If he kept saying he was experiencing pain they'd keep trying to inject small amounts of medicine while moving the needle around until they find the right spot. Go just a little too far and you've hit lung creating a small hole in the lung potentially a pneumothorax (collapsed lung). Go figure it happens to the bolts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16835
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: We're on to Week 3

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:16 am

How many coaches get fined this week? I don't understand why when everyone is tested, the coaches have to wear the masks. I would guess Gruden will lose at least a million dollars this year in fines. They may even threaten suspension, because I don't see him changing his process.

CGW
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1532
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: We're on to Week 3

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:29 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:16 am
How many coaches get fined this week? I don't understand why when everyone is tested, the coaches have to wear the masks. I would guess Gruden will lose at least a million dollars this year in fines. They may even threaten suspension, because I don't see him changing his process.
I assume there will be some adjustments to this. It's a stupid fine for a stupid rule. All of these guys test daily and are at more risk at home than at the field. The NFL is scared of the optics and worried about backlash from the mask patrol if they didn't have a policy in place.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Flacco
RB | Mixon, Singletary, Taylor, Gaskin, D'ernest Johnson, Wilkins
WR | Adams, Evans, Golladay, Cooper, D. Johnson, Washington, Miller, Cephas, G. Davis, Mooney, Pascal,
TE | Andrews, Herndon, Alie-Cox, Sternberger

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Minshew, Tua
RB | Montgomery, Singletary, Murray, R. Jones, Dobbins, Swift, Vaughn
WR | Golladay, Godwin, AJ Brown, M. Brown, D. Johnson, Slayton, Aiyuk, Smith, Fulgham, Renfrow, Mooney
TE | Andrews, Henry, Herndon, Sample

12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Wilson, Darnold, Trubisky, Fromme, Smith, Flacco
RB | Guice, Hines, Penny, Henderson, Wilkins
WR | Evans, Golladay, Ridley, Kupp, D. Johnson, Pittman, Westbrook, Coutee, Mooney, Ward, T. Smith, Zaccheus
TE | Ertz, Herndon, Sternberger, Oliver, L. Thomas

User avatar
YouMightDieTryin
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: We're on to Week 3

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:40 am

CGW wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:29 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:16 am
How many coaches get fined this week? I don't understand why when everyone is tested, the coaches have to wear the masks. I would guess Gruden will lose at least a million dollars this year in fines. They may even threaten suspension, because I don't see him changing his process.
I assume there will be some adjustments to this. It's a stupid fine for a stupid rule. All of these guys test daily and are at more risk at home than at the field. The NFL is scared of the optics and worried about backlash from the mask patrol if they didn't have a policy in place.
It's a PR thing for sure, but it's not a bad thing to enforce. Sure they're all testing negative, but the one that does test positive and was yelling at his team just spread faster than CA's fires. It's not hard to put a piece of cloth over your face especially when you're Gruden or Carroll. No one wants to see Chucky's evil grin or Pete chomp on gum all game anyway.

CGW
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1532
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: We're on to Week 3

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:44 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:40 am
CGW wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:29 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:16 am
How many coaches get fined this week? I don't understand why when everyone is tested, the coaches have to wear the masks. I would guess Gruden will lose at least a million dollars this year in fines. They may even threaten suspension, because I don't see him changing his process.
I assume there will be some adjustments to this. It's a stupid fine for a stupid rule. All of these guys test daily and are at more risk at home than at the field. The NFL is scared of the optics and worried about backlash from the mask patrol if they didn't have a policy in place.
It's a PR thing for sure, but it's not a bad thing to enforce. Sure they're all testing negative, but the one that does test positive and was yelling at his team just spread faster than CA's fires. It's not hard to put a piece of cloth over your face especially when you're Gruden or Carroll. No one wants to see Chucky's evil grin or Pete chomp on gum all game anyway.
But when you have 106 heavy breathing, sweating, yelling players not wearing them...does it matter if a coach or two is?
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Flacco
RB | Mixon, Singletary, Taylor, Gaskin, D'ernest Johnson, Wilkins
WR | Adams, Evans, Golladay, Cooper, D. Johnson, Washington, Miller, Cephas, G. Davis, Mooney, Pascal,
TE | Andrews, Herndon, Alie-Cox, Sternberger

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Minshew, Tua
RB | Montgomery, Singletary, Murray, R. Jones, Dobbins, Swift, Vaughn
WR | Golladay, Godwin, AJ Brown, M. Brown, D. Johnson, Slayton, Aiyuk, Smith, Fulgham, Renfrow, Mooney
TE | Andrews, Henry, Herndon, Sample

12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Wilson, Darnold, Trubisky, Fromme, Smith, Flacco
RB | Guice, Hines, Penny, Henderson, Wilkins
WR | Evans, Golladay, Ridley, Kupp, D. Johnson, Pittman, Westbrook, Coutee, Mooney, Ward, T. Smith, Zaccheus
TE | Ertz, Herndon, Sternberger, Oliver, L. Thomas

User avatar
JFever
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6518
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: We're on to Week 3

Postby JFever » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:56 am

CGW wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:44 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:40 am
CGW wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:29 am


I assume there will be some adjustments to this. It's a stupid fine for a stupid rule. All of these guys test daily and are at more risk at home than at the field. The NFL is scared of the optics and worried about backlash from the mask patrol if they didn't have a policy in place.
It's a PR thing for sure, but it's not a bad thing to enforce. Sure they're all testing negative, but the one that does test positive and was yelling at his team just spread faster than CA's fires. It's not hard to put a piece of cloth over your face especially when you're Gruden or Carroll. No one wants to see Chucky's evil grin or Pete chomp on gum all game anyway.
But when you have 106 heavy breathing, sweating, yelling players not wearing them...does it matter if a coach or two is?
It sure does matter if that coach is the one, that by choosing to not wear a mask, inadvertantly spreads covid to his team. It's incredibly short sighted to complain about this. Just wear the damn mask till we all get through this mess.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

grooner
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1965
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:01 am

Re: We're on to Week 3

Postby grooner » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:08 pm

CGW wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:44 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:40 am
CGW wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:29 am


I assume there will be some adjustments to this. It's a stupid fine for a stupid rule. All of these guys test daily and are at more risk at home than at the field. The NFL is scared of the optics and worried about backlash from the mask patrol if they didn't have a policy in place.
It's a PR thing for sure, but it's not a bad thing to enforce. Sure they're all testing negative, but the one that does test positive and was yelling at his team just spread faster than CA's fires. It's not hard to put a piece of cloth over your face especially when you're Gruden or Carroll. No one wants to see Chucky's evil grin or Pete chomp on gum all game anyway.
But when you have 106 heavy breathing, sweating, yelling players not wearing them...does it matter if a coach or two is?
I couldn't agree more, and I am very pro-mask for the general population. It is something easy that can help stop the spread, why not?

In terms of the NFL though, if they are all tested on Saturday, then gameday, and all the players aren't wearing masks, why does anyone need to wear a mask? Seems very strange to me.

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4405
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: We're on to Week 3

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:20 pm

Players can't do their job with a mask on, coaches can, if you can do your job with a mask on (even if it's a little more difficult) then you should wear one. Everyone on here was slamming the NFL for "not having a plan" for Covid during the offseason and being skeptical if not outright dismissive of the leagues ability to pull off a full season. The lack of COVID cases so far is proof that the league had a solid plan all along, but relaxing on the protocols puts all the work they've done at risk. Yes there's a risk of players passing it on, but that's an unavoidable one if the season is to happen, coaches catching it or passing it on is a risk that is much easier to reduce if not completely eliminate, so do what needs to be done to reduce that risk, make coaches wear masks.

User avatar
YouMightDieTryin
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: We're on to Week 3

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:34 pm

grooner wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:08 pm
CGW wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:44 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:40 am


It's a PR thing for sure, but it's not a bad thing to enforce. Sure they're all testing negative, but the one that does test positive and was yelling at his team just spread faster than CA's fires. It's not hard to put a piece of cloth over your face especially when you're Gruden or Carroll. No one wants to see Chucky's evil grin or Pete chomp on gum all game anyway.
But when you have 106 heavy breathing, sweating, yelling players not wearing them...does it matter if a coach or two is?
I couldn't agree more, and I am very pro-mask for the general population. It is something easy that can help stop the spread, why not?

In terms of the NFL though, if they are all tested on Saturday, then gameday, and all the players aren't wearing masks, why does anyone need to wear a mask? Seems very strange to me.
Two words: False. Negatives.

You might test negative on day 3 after you contracted it, but day 5 starts up and now you're showing symptoms and test positive. Well sheet you were just with your whole team on day 4...here we go.

User avatar
JFever
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6518
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: We're on to Week 3

Postby JFever » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:41 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:34 pm
grooner wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:08 pm
CGW wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:44 am


But when you have 106 heavy breathing, sweating, yelling players not wearing them...does it matter if a coach or two is?
I couldn't agree more, and I am very pro-mask for the general population. It is something easy that can help stop the spread, why not?

In terms of the NFL though, if they are all tested on Saturday, then gameday, and all the players aren't wearing masks, why does anyone need to wear a mask? Seems very strange to me.
Two words: False. Negatives.

You might test negative on day 3 after you contracted it, but day 5 starts up and now you're showing symptoms and test positive. Well sheet you were just with your whole team on day 4...here we go.
Precisly. NO test is 100% valid. The current Covid tests avg about 85% accuracy. To rely too heavily on the frequent testing protocol is understandable - but it is not wise. Wear the damn masks, wash hands frequently, and do your best to socially distance when possible. Limit exposure time as much as possible. This commentary on the players and coaches testing frequently shows an all too common lack of understanding of the testing limitations.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Pullo Vision
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4639
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: We're on to Week 3

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:24 pm

bjd5211 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:55 am
joshb wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:46 am
Jigga94 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:01 pm
And the other matchup of the other best 2 QBs in the other primetime spot. MNF Mahomes vs Lamar. Can't wait! It's no Minshew vs Fitzmagic though ;)
Rodgers vs. Brees Sunday night as well.
So 1 great QB vs 1 washed up old man without his safety net that's made him look better than he really has been over the last few years?
I wouldn't be so quick to write off Rodgers if Adams can't play. :wink:
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 R/T, 1 Def


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], philosophy and 9 guests