MVP
MVP

Re: Myles Gaskin

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:18 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:18 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:10 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:45 pm

💯
I felt like I stole Jordan Howard this offseason. I have multiple shares of Gaskin and literally just the one of Howard that I got for nothing, but yeah.

I do think that you gotta sell both before the trade deadline. After the season, these guys are just assumed that they’re going to lose their job to a draftee or FA by most of the community and it’s hard (not impossible) to get value for them, especially in sharper leagues. If you hang on to them through the season, I think you have to hope they thread the needle and the team doesn’t bring anybody in.

Miami already flirted with Bell. Consider this your significant other getting a text message from a coworker at 2 AM. Maybe they’re not tagging each other yet, but soon enough they’ll be shagging somebody else.
I'm on board with this, but haven't found anyone valuing him highly in my league. I'll hold for the depth at a position of scarcity this season knowing full well his value could evaporate, rather than offload for a 3rd.
Yeesh. Gotta be worth more than that.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:34 pm

I felt like I stole Jordan Howard this offseason. I have multiple shares of Gaskin and literally just the one of Howard that I got for nothing, but yeah.

I do think that you gotta sell both before the trade deadline. After the season, these guys are just assumed that they’re going to lose their job to a draftee or FA by most of the community and it’s hard (not impossible) to get value for them, especially in sharper leagues. If you hang on to them through the season, I think you have to hope they thread the needle and the team doesn’t bring anybody in.

Miami already flirted with Bell. Consider this your significant other getting a text message from a coworker at 2 AM. Maybe they’re not tagging each other yet, but soon enough they’ll be shagging somebody else.
I can't even get a 2nd for him and honestly at this point a contender might rather just hang onto him RoS rather than sell for less than an early-mid 2nd.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:37 pm

hoos89 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:34 pm

I can't even get a 2nd for him and honestly at this point a contender might rather just hang onto him RoS rather than sell for less than an early-mid 2nd.
This is exactly the scenario I'm in with him.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:41 pm

You can't get a 2nd because he's not good. It's just that Miami is force feeding him. His YPC was terrible until today - against the Jets. Certainly not the first underwhelming back propped up by a moronic coaching staff.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:51 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:41 pm You can't get a 2nd because he's not good. It's just that Miami is force feeding him. His YPC was terrible until today - against the Jets. Certainly not the first underwhelming back propped up by a moronic coaching staff.
Sure, but he also gets a lot of carries and a lot of targets. His usage appears safe for this season, and it's worth more than a 3rd to a contender.

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:04 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:41 pmYou can't get a 2nd because he's not good. It's just that Miami is force feeding him. His YPC was terrible until today - against the Jets. Certainly not the first underwhelming back propped up by a moronic coaching staff.
Getting a pick straight up might be difficult. I'm using a different approach. I offered Gaskin and a 2nd for Reagor, and the other owner is considering it. With all these RB injuries, I'm looking to cash in by targeting teams with needs in exchange for players who aren't doing anything (yet).
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:17 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:04 pm
DLF3000 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:41 pmYou can't get a 2nd because he's not good. It's just that Miami is force feeding him. His YPC was terrible until today - against the Jets. Certainly not the first underwhelming back propped up by a moronic coaching staff.
Getting a pick straight up might be difficult. I'm using a different approach. I offered Gaskin and a 2nd for Reagor, and the other owner is considering it. With all these RB injuries, I'm looking to cash in by targeting teams with needs in exchange for players who aren't doing anything (yet).
I've tried Gaskin + a very early (top 2) 2nd for late first but no dice. People sometimes bite on that kind of deal.

Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Kelce, Dissly, Hooper

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:20 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:41 pm You can't get a 2nd because he's not good. It's just that Miami is force feeding him. His YPC was terrible until today - against the Jets. Certainly not the first underwhelming back propped up by a moronic coaching staff.
YPC is a hardly the gold standard metric for determining overall RB effectiveness.

As for Gaskin, he hasn't looked bad in games. He came into the week 3rd in missed tackles forced behind only Cook and Jacobs.

His athletic measurables won't wow you, but he's shown nice agility and contact balance in both tight and open spaces. He's also on pace for nearly 1400 total yards this season.
16 team league

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:32 pm

I got a 2nd for him 2 weeks ago for what it’s worth

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:36 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:32 pm I got a 2nd for him 2 weeks ago for what it’s worth
Yeah I've seen a few deals of Gaskin for 2nd in here but I don't think most leagues have someone willing to buy at that price

Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Kelce, Dissly, Hooper

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:34 am

I think the Dolphins coaching staff has done a solid job since taking over last year so I disagree on that point. But I suspect that take is coming from you being a Breida owner.

Would you give a 2nd for David Montgomery? Because I don't see much of a difference between Monty and Gaskin at this point. If Monty is worth a 2nd then Gaskin should be as well.

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:06 am

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:34 am
I think the Dolphins coaching staff has done a solid job since taking over last year so I disagree on that point. But I suspect that take is coming from you being a Breida owner.

Would you give a 2nd for David Montgomery? Because I don't see much of a difference between Monty and Gaskin at this point. If Monty is worth a 2nd then Gaskin should be as well.
The Dolphins look like they know what they're doing in terms of coaching. Some of their draft picks have been a little suspect but they are drafting in volume so they should hit a fair few. Realistically, there was no need for the Fins to waste a high pick on a running back this season so they may as well ride the 7th round pick Gaskin and see what he has, then I would expect them to take a guy earlier next season when their line should be better and they will be moving out of full bottom feeding reboot mode and can make the most of that four years of rookie production.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:49 am

failblazer wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:06 am

The Dolphins look like they know what they're doing in terms of coaching. Some of their draft picks have been a little suspect but they are drafting in volume so they should hit a fair few. Realistically, there was no need for the Fins to waste a high pick on a running back this season so they may as well ride the 7th round pick Gaskin and see what he has, then I would expect them to take a guy earlier next season when their line should be better and they will be moving out of full bottom feeding reboot mode and can make the most of that four years of rookie production.
Flores seems to be running his team as a meritocracy, which is refreshing.
16 team league

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:42 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:49 am
failblazer wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:06 am

Flores seems to be running his team as a meritocracy, which is refreshing.
X2 doesn't look afraid to admit a mistake in terms of a pick, trade or signing and just puts the best guys on the field

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:15 am

He's only been below 4.0ypc twice out of six games this year. Meanwhile, Breida(3.1) and Howard(0.8) both average lower ypc.

I get it, you expected someone else to win this job. He's not flashy and he likely isn't a long term solution (see the 100 pages of James Robinson threads), but he's a volume play in an offense with minimal competition.

If I get a 2nd I'll jump on it, but until then his production on my roster is worth more than a 3rd or later.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th