Myles Gaskin

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Myles Gaskin

Postby CGW » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:47 am

Won't really know his this will shake out until draft day. They seem to like to feed one RB in Miami, but not sure if that was out of necessity or preference though.

I still would expect competition next year and because of that I'm willing to sell if I can find a decent pick back or an upgrade in the late 1st or early 2nd range.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:07 am

saw061600 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:36 am I meant more that if they draft a 6th round guy and he looks better in camp coaches and GMs seem more open to replacing the guy that did well for them the year before. Where a 2nd round RB seems to get the start even if he is outperformed in camp. I agree though that it should be Gaskin's job, but real life executives seem to often make very different decisions than what seems to make sense.
I would say your wrong about that looking at Flores and Miami Specifically. He has proven pretty loyal to players who win the job, understanding that Fitz/Tua is distinctly unique as a mentor to rookie franchise QB situation from the start. Williams won play time last year and Parker balled out. They paid Parker and gave Williams his job back even when he wasn't 100% healthy week 1. Miami is a pretty transparent meritocracy where attitude counts. If your general assumption was true Howard and Breida would have started all year. Instead they hit the bench and frankly Flores looked bad for wasting money and draft capital getting 2 backs he didn't use just to get who he thought was best on the field.

Gaskins is worth an early 2 or better otherwise hold him. Honestly 895 total yds 4tds in 6 starts is sexy by any standard.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jetsfan06 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:28 am

So I really like gaskin, in fact I traded for him during the year. His vision/IQ is better than most other rb’s in the league. However doesn’t have draft capital or the size/speed teams love, so he will also be in a battle to be replaced. Therefore I would say you could trade him if you get a 2nd or higher. The good news though is that with his vision and catching ability I believe he will be around the league for a long time. Maybe a Gio Bernard type player?

QB's - Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy, Mac Jones
RB's - Ken Walker, Javonte Williams, James Conner, James Cook, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Kenneth Gainwell, Rico Dowdle, Rashaad Penny
WR's - Amon-ra St Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Gave Davis, Joshua Palmer, Curtis Samuel, Michael Wilson, Marvin Mims, Rashod Bateman, Dontayvion Wicks.
TE's - George Kittle, Dalton Schultz, Isaiah Likely, Juwan Johnson
Taxi: Demario Douglas, Cedric Tillman, David Bell.

teal
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby teal » Thu May 06, 2021 4:30 pm

So, now with what’s happened in the draft, has our view on his value changed?
14-team dynasty (no cap/contracts), 20 man roster limit
1ppr, 4pt passing TD, 1pt/20 yds passing, -1 Int; all other TDs 6pts
Start: 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex(RB/WR/TE), K, DEF

QB:Stafford, Romo, Ponder
RB:Gore, B. Jacobs, Hunter, M. Morris, J. Ringer
WR:Nicks, Harvin, Manningham, Harry Douglas, Cecil Shorts, Greg Salas
TE:Gronk, J. Thomas
K: Gostkowski
DEF: Ravens
Draft picks:

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu May 06, 2021 5:44 pm

teal wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:30 pm So, now with what’s happened in the draft, has our view on his value changed?
For competitors, he's a solid hold as he's a good cheap rb2. Good sell candidate otherwise.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu May 06, 2021 7:03 pm

CGW wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:44 pm
teal wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:30 pm So, now with what’s happened in the draft, has our view on his value changed?
For competitors, he's a solid hold as he's a good cheap rb2. Good sell candidate otherwise.
This. He retains good value for this year for contenders - but we can all agree, if one of the top backs had landed in Miami, we would be fading him like crazy now. If you're not set to seriously contend this year - you should sell.

A fun aside - we know that the Dolphins were eyeing JK Dobbins last year and got pipped literally one pick before by Baltimore... and it sounds like something similar happened this year with Javonte Williams and Denver, who took him right before their pick in the 2nd (and even traded ahead of them to do so, which says that perhaps Denver knew they had to do that to get their man). During Grier and Flores press conference, they were typically tight lipped - but if you watch Flores face when the reporter brings up Denver trading ahead of them to take Javonte Williams... well, just watch it, and you'll see for yourself. :lol:

My personal theory, reading the tea leaves, is that they have looked to replacing Gaskin with a quality featured runner for two years running and have just gotten unlucky with the way the draft has fallen both times. They're a smart organisation at the top... they're not going to sink a 1st into an RB, but they'll definitely spend a 2nd if the right player is there.

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Thu May 06, 2021 7:08 pm

mild wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:03 pm
This. He retains good value for this year for contenders - but we can all agree, if one of the top backs had landed in Miami, we would be fading him like crazy now. If you're not set to seriously contend this year - you should sell.

A fun aside - we know that the Dolphins were eyeing JK Dobbins last year and got pipped literally one pick before by Baltimore... and it sounds like something similar happened this year with Javonte Williams and Denver, who took him right before their pick in the 2nd (and even traded ahead of them to do so, which says that perhaps Denver knew they had to do that to get their man). During Grier and Flores press conference, they were typically tight lipped - but if you watch Flores face when the reporter brings up Denver trading ahead of them to take Javonte Williams... well, just watch it, and you'll see for yourself. :lol:

My personal theory, reading the tea leaves, is that they have looked to replacing Gaskin with a quality featured runner for two years running and have just gotten unlucky with the way the draft has fallen both times. They're a smart organisation at the top... they're not going to sink a 1st into an RB, but they'll definitely spend a 2nd if the right player is there.
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see someone like ADP or Kerryon Johnson to sign with Miami. I don't know what that will do to his production but I know that will decimate his trade value. So if that is your move, I'd be looking to make the move now.
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
QB – J. Hurts, A Richardson (R-IR))
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)
WR – J. Chase, C. Lamb, K. Allen, T. Burks, DJ Chark, P. Nakua (R)
TE – D. Waller, C. Okonkwo, L. Thomas, J. Ferguson

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
QB - A. Rodgers, L. Jackson
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)
WR - T. Hill, D. Adams, C. Watson, M. Brown, R. Rice (R)
TE - D. Waller, G. Kittle, J. Ferguson

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Thu May 06, 2021 9:08 pm

mild wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:03 pm

Great post on the trade up observation. I sold Gaskin for 3.2 and 4.4 in our rookie draft. Felt good about moving him at this point. Drafted ETN early and have Swift.

Gaskin won games for some folks last year, no doubt!

DynastyKing23
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyKing23 » Fri May 07, 2021 3:43 am

I'm sitting on Gaskin myself. He was a throw in for part of a trade that involved me sending away James Connor mid-season. I tried to move him in the off season but noone wanted to buy, even though he put up crazy good numbers last season during our playoffs.

Then he survived free agency.
Then he survived round 1.
Then he survived round 2 and 3.
Then 4, 5 and 6.

I'm feeling pretty good in holding him atm. Happy noone accepted my trade offers to pluck him from my roster. I know the guy who rejected the idea of taking gaskin from me is sweating now knowing he paid way more for James Robinson instead who didn't survive day 1 of the draft 😄
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 FLEX

QB- Burrow, Murray, Stafford, G Smith
RB- CMC, Taylor, Swift, Jacobs, B Hall, Gibbs, A Jones, Najee
WR- Kupp, AJB, ARSB, K Allen, Pittman, London, Puka, Dell
TE- Kelce, Hockenson, Pitts

Picks

2024 2nd, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri May 07, 2021 4:01 am

I think Denver at least thought they had to jump Miami for Gaskin, but Miami ran up the Holland pick when 36 went on the clock. I tend to think Holland was their guy regardless. If they were deadset on getting a RB this draft, they probably would have traded for one after missing out on the top group, like they did with Breida last draft.

The Allbright rumor seems like a joke. some text from a different AFCE team saying thanks for ruining Miami's plan is supposed to be proof positive that they were taking Williams? Do most teams tell their division rivals their draft plans or something?
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri May 07, 2021 4:08 am

mild wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:03 pm During Grier and Flores press conference, they were typically tight lipped - but if you watch Flores face when the reporter brings up Denver trading ahead of them to take Javonte Williams... well, just watch it, and you'll see for yourself. :lol:
That is funny. But pretty sure Mando (Armando Salguero) asked the question, and Flo pretty much looks like that way every time Mando asks a question 😂. Flo (along with every dolphins fan) hates that guy.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:40 pm

DynastyKing23 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:43 am I'm sitting on Gaskin myself. He was a throw in for part of a trade that involved me sending away James Connor mid-season. I tried to move him in the off season but noone wanted to buy, even though he put up crazy good numbers last season during our playoffs.

Then 4, 5 and 6.

I'm feeling pretty good in holding him atm. Happy noone accepted my trade offers to pluck him from my roster. I know the guy who rejected the idea of taking gaskin from me is sweating now knowing he paid way more for James Robinson instead who didn't survive day 1 of the draft 😄
Is he going to survive Malcolm Brown?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:46 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:40 pm
DynastyKing23 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:43 am I'm sitting on Gaskin myself. He was a throw in for part of a trade that involved me sending away James Connor mid-season. I tried to move him in the off season but noone wanted to buy, even though he put up crazy good numbers last season during our playoffs.

Then 4, 5 and 6.

Ahmed looked good, too, both running and receiving. I thought he looked the best out of the 3, actually.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:58 pm

Then 4, 5 and 6.

He doesn't need to. If the phins do indeed make him the starter Brown will be injured or ineffective way before Gaskin owners need to worry.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:56 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:58 pm

Then 4, 5 and 6.

He doesn't need to. If the phins do indeed make him the starter Brown will be injured or ineffective way before Gaskin owners need to worry.
They are going to use Brown. I expect him to be the goal line back. I think this ends up being a committee. Not sure Gaskin is that much better than Ahmed. He looked the best out of the 3 vs the Bears. I expect Gaskin to get the most touches to start the year, but I definitely think they will be going with the hot hand approach.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick