What is Saquons value like now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BucFanJKE
Captain
Captain

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby BucFanJKE » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:32 am

In my opinion this injury shouldn't change his value. There shouldn't be a buy low opportunity, this injury just makes a buy opportunity. He went from most likely untouchable to a sure I'll listen guy now. If he is on a heavy contender's roster and they want to move him, go buy.
Team 1-
SF .5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 1SF, 2R, 2W, 1T, 3WRT)
QB- Richardson, Dak, Watson, Bennett, Zappe
RB- Achane, Mixon, Ekeler, Javonte Williams, Mostert, Dobbins, Gibson, Bigsby, Spears, Gainwell
WR- Chase, Lamb, London, Pittman, QJ, Bateman, MT, OBJ, Skyy
TE- Freiermuth, Kincaid, Chig, Fant, Musgrave, Woods, Bellinger
1.07, 3.04, 4.07

Team 2-
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Kyler, Stroud
RB: CMC, Bijan, Gibbs, JT, Breece Hall, Kamara, Gibson, 4nette
WR: Diggs, Hill, AJB, Aiyuk, London, JSN, Hollywood, M.Mims, Meyers, Shaheed
TE: Kelce, Kyle Pitts, Dulcich, Logan Thomas
2024: 2 1st (one top 3), 4th

Team 3- (Adopted Dumpster Orphan)
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Dak, Young
RB: Gibbs, Hall, J. Cook, Warren, Bigsby, K. Mitchell, Dobbins, D. Cook,
WR: Lamb, Wilson, Olave, Higgins, London, JSN, Bateman, Wan'Dale, Z. Jones, Hyatt
TE: Kittle, Kincaid, Woods, Likely
2024: 2 1st (one top 2), 3rd, 4th

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:36 am

Ugh, as a Giants fan this was brutal news... Even before this though, something about Saquan just never felt great. It's kind of like Mixon, you know the talent is there for a big game any week, but you just aren't confident as you are with CMC. Coming off an ACL sprain and not knowing where he will be playing after his rookie contract is up knocks Barkley down towards the end of the 1st round for me in a startup. He is no longer in a tier with CMC.

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fruity pebbles » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:38 am

thebeast wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:36 am Ugh, as a Giants fan this was brutal news... Even before this though, something about Saquan just never felt great. It's kind of like Mixon, you know the talent is there for a big game any week, but you just aren't confident as you are with CMC. Coming off an ACL sprain and not knowing where he will be playing after his rookie contract is up knocks Barkley down towards the end of the 1st round for me in a startup. He is no longer in a tier with CMC.
The not knowing where he’ll play doesn’t knock him down for me. It can’t get any worse than the Giants. So it either stays the same or gets better.

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:41 am

What I think is absolutely fascinating about this game, given how reactionary people are week to week about who's a bust and who's a stud, is this unshakeable conviction some have that it doesn't affect Barkley's value at all. What would have have to do to lose value at this point to their eyes at this point? Barkley had 15 attempts for 6 yards last week. He won't be young anymore next year. I just find it hard to believe he will outpace the field by that much over the next three years to be anything worth the asking price.

Hot take alert: Give me Josh Jacobs straight up over Barkley.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:43 am

themburns wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:41 am What I think is absolutely fascinating about this game, given how reactionary people are week to week about who's a bust and who's a stud, is this unshakeable conviction some have that it doesn't affect Barkley's value at all. What would have have to do to lose value at this point to their eyes at this point? Barkley had 15 attempts for 6 yards last week. He won't be young anymore next year. I just find it hard to believe he will outpace the field by that much over the next three years to be anything worth the asking price.

I would take Jacobs over Barkley too but recognize that Barkely is the much better talent, but Jacobs has arguably the best situation of any young RB with respect to CEH.

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:49 am

thebeast wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:43 am
themburns wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:41 am What I think is absolutely fascinating about this game, given how reactionary people are week to week about who's a bust and who's a stud, is this unshakeable conviction some have that it doesn't affect Barkley's value at all. What would have have to do to lose value at this point to their eyes at this point? Barkley had 15 attempts for 6 yards last week. He won't be young anymore next year. I just find it hard to believe he will outpace the field by that much over the next three years to be anything worth the asking price.

I would take Jacobs over Barkley too but recognize that Barkely is the much better talent, but Jacobs has arguably the best situation of any young RB with respect to CEH.
I won't argue that point. Just trying to establish a value on Barkley. I'd put it in the mid-late 1st in 1QB startups.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:54 am

As an owner I am bummed. It knocks him down for me in a start-up, probably to the 6th to 8th range and if I am picking there I would be happy to take him probably, but I always tend to take long-term value over "this year."

I will probably not sell unless I can get a Jacobs level RB back, but that is doubtful in my league which is definitely more "win now/redraft" geared. No use selling low regardless for me. I am going to take a silver-lining approach: it is week 2, so he should be ready for week 1 next year. Maybe Giants continue to try to build that Oline more and maybe he is in for a great comeback year in 2021.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:03 am

He has certainly lost value. In the 2 leagues I own Barkley, I never got anything close to anything considered "fair value" on here let alone an overpay for him. No way would I get that now.

It is what it is. You are most likely holding and hoping that he rebounds. Your best bet at this point is to hope that a rebuilding team comes to you offering their first + a Mixon/Jones level RB if you're contending.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:20 am

If Barkley was your overall RB2-ish, then yes this knocks him down a bit. The talent is undeniable, but the situation is poor. I never had him that high to begin with because of that, but assuming you did, then yes, he falls somewhat.

He was and remains in that RB1 tier for me, so this doesn't change much.

The Mixon comps are appropriate situationally, but he's a supercharged version.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:29 am

I would not sell low on Barkley, but he has certainly lost value. In a start up NEXT year, he is still a 1st round pick, but more towards the mid to late first. For his current value, he is way below the other elite RBs, I doubt owners are willing to sell their healthy stud for an overvalued stud talent with sub par performance.

Barkley's 2017 owners that were good enough to be the worst team in the league has gotten stud results in 2018, mid RB2 range results in 2019 between weeks 1-13 when playing, a zero in 3 other weeks, and now a zero in 2020.
So I guess Barkley best attribute for being the 2018 1.01 pick is to award his owners with sub-par fantasy production and likely high 2020 and 2021 picks.

For being such a highly touted 1.01 pick, he has certainly not produced results.

And let's not forget Barkley has questions as a runner. He dances too much and doesn't pass block. The Giants have lost more games than anyone the past 3 years, if they go on to win some games this year with solid, consistent, pass blocking RB production this year, does Barkley loss some playing time moving forward?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:37 am

Saying he hasn't produced is insane...

2018: 2000 yards / 91 rec / 15 TD
2019: 1440 yards / 52 rec / 8 TD

2019 was on 13 games and he was playing through that ankle sprain. Took him a while to get up to speed but he single handedly won me a redraft league. If close to 19 ppg isn't enough for good production then idk what is

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:50 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:37 am Saying he hasn't produced is insane...

2018: 2000 yards / 91 rec / 15 TD
2019: 1440 yards / 52 rec / 8 TD

2019 was on 13 games and he was playing through that ankle sprain. Took him a while to get up to speed but he single handedly won me a redraft league. If close to 19 ppg isn't enough for good production then idk what is
And the time he missed last year didn't cost all his owners a chance at a title, I won a championship with him last year and he was the biggest reason why, and other leagues I'm in or friends are in had some championship winning teams with Barkley on the roster. He's 100% delivered on his draft capital in fantasy to this point, and just has some bad luck yesterday, it happens.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:59 am

I disagree that he hasn't lost value, but I agree that selling low would not be wise.

A RBs best years are on their first contract, or around age 21-25. So, Barkley still has plenty of room to be the elite talent he is. However, it is pretty clear that the majority of his value is still based off his 2000 total yards rookie year. He was good in his second year, but not really great.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:00 am

fruity pebbles wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:00 am He’s lost a little value, he’s going to miss an entire season. For a running back, that’s significant. That said, he basically goes from unattainable to potentially attainable for a kings ransom.
I agree, he goes from unattainable to attainable. AP came back better than ever from an ACL but his game was not video game jukes like Saquons.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:04 am

themburns wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:23 am
bjd5211 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:57 am
themburns wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:47 am Saquon Barkley is now on year 4 of his rookie contract on a miserable organization. If I buy a pack of cigarettes, and four of them happen to fall into the sewer, I lost value. Like I'd agree with the point not to sell now (unless you're like a top contender with age problems), but he probably lost 15% of the fantasy points he would have put up in his career yesterday. That's important. He's gone from untouchable to someone you could buy with say, a trio of 2021 1sts.

He's on year 3, so next year is going to be the 4th and he'll be fully recovered. Also he had 90 receptions, 2,000 total yards and double digit TDs as rookie, and was huge in the fantasy playoffs last year (especially championship week) and performed for his owners who made it to the playoffs despite his earlier injury. Need to work on your analogy game bro, he's hardly been "4 cigarettes fallen into the sewer".
Saquon Barkley is not the four cigarettes, he's the pack left over. The cigarettes are still the same as they were, you just have less of them.

Also: Not a "bro".
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)