What is Saquons value like now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

What is Saquons value like now?

Postby MFundercover » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:21 am

Where does he go in startups? What is his rookie pick value? Does the injury make a substantial long term change in his value?

Side note - What a disappointment. I traded Henry and 2020 1.08 for Saquon back in January, and have been looking forward to watching him every day since. I turned down good offers for him all summer because I thought he was the center piece to an already great roster, and that football season would be more fun with him. That ended with watching him get blown up upon taking a handoff and now this. :wall:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:56 am

It's the same. If you sell Saquon low now, you're not playing this game right

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:15 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:56 am It's the same. If you sell Saquon low now, you're not playing this game right
Of course I agree.

But I think most smart players know Saquon was in the elite "overpay" tier. Cant argue 2 injury filled years in 3 seasons is a black mark on him. I'm not sure he is anymore. I think swapping him for another top RB with maybe a little on top is the best he will get unless he drops 30+ every week when he comes back.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:29 am

I don't think an acl changes anything for him long term.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:47 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:56 am It's the same. If you sell Saquon low now, you're not playing this game right
💯
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:26 am

Doesn't change at all.

Intoodeep
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Intoodeep » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:32 am

Anyone who values him less than they did before doesn't deserve shares of him.

In late August he hinted towards sitting out game(s) as a possibility. He just never specified sitting out 14. We should have seen it coming.
12 Team / 22 Man Roster / 0.5 PPR

Mel Farr's Superstars
QB - P. Mahomes, K. Cousins
RB - J. Taylor, B. Hall, S. Barkley, K. Williams, D. Achane, A. Gibson
WR - P. Nacua, M. Pittman, AJ Brown, C. Olave, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, D. Wicks, M. Mims
TE - M. Andrews, D. Njoku, I. Likely, T. Kraft
D - Texans, Bears

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:47 am

Saquon Barkley is now on year 4 of his rookie contract on a miserable organization. If I buy a pack of cigarettes, and four of them happen to fall into the sewer, I lost value. Like I'd agree with the point not to sell now (unless you're like a top contender with age problems), but he probably lost 15% of the fantasy points he would have put up in his career yesterday. That's important. He's gone from untouchable to someone you could buy with say, a trio of 2021 1sts.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:52 am

I understand the general sentiment so far of "don't sell low," but I think we're taking it a little too far. 2020 production factors into his value. By default, he lost value with the injury. He is worth less to any owners that were counting on him to compete (so most of them).

I have no intention of selling low where I own him, but I am evaluating if there's anyone I want that is close to him that would give me production this year.

Long-term, little impact.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:53 am

themburns wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:47 am Saquon Barkley is now on year 4 of his rookie contract on a miserable organization. If I buy a pack of cigarettes, and four of them happen to fall into the sewer, I lost value. Like I'd agree with the point not to sell now (unless you're like a top contender with age problems), but he probably lost 15% of the fantasy points he would have put up in his career yesterday. That's important. He's gone from untouchable to someone you could buy with say, a trio of 2021 1sts.
Very well said, 15% is significant

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:57 am

themburns wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:47 am Saquon Barkley is now on year 4 of his rookie contract on a miserable organization. If I buy a pack of cigarettes, and four of them happen to fall into the sewer, I lost value. Like I'd agree with the point not to sell now (unless you're like a top contender with age problems), but he probably lost 15% of the fantasy points he would have put up in his career yesterday. That's important. He's gone from untouchable to someone you could buy with say, a trio of 2021 1sts.

He's on year 3, so next year is going to be the 4th and he'll be fully recovered. Also he had 90 receptions, 2,000 total yards and double digit TDs as rookie, and was huge in the fantasy playoffs last year (especially championship week) and performed for his owners who made it to the playoffs despite his earlier injury. Need to work on your analogy game bro, he's hardly been "4 cigarettes fallen into the sewer".

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fruity pebbles » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:00 am

He’s lost a little value, he’s going to miss an entire season. For a running back, that’s significant. That said, he basically goes from unattainable to potentially attainable for a kings ransom.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:01 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:53 am
Not really, because we play season to season not some kind of bestball format over a decade. He'll be healthy next year and right back at or very near the top of RB rankings and performance, just like a lot of star RBs in the past who have torn ACLs.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:05 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:01 am
dynastyninja wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:53 am
Not really, because we play season to season not some kind of bestball format over a decade. He'll be healthy next year and right back at or very near the top of RB rankings and performance, just like a lot of star RBs in the past who have torn ACLs.
See, I agree with most of what you said. He'll be healthy next year and right back at the top. Losing him this year is still significant, though. That's production that he was expected to give you that he no longer will.

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:23 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:57 am

He's on year 3, so next year is going to be the 4th and he'll be fully recovered. Also he had 90 receptions, 2,000 total yards and double digit TDs as rookie, and was huge in the fantasy playoffs last year (especially championship week) and performed for his owners who made it to the playoffs despite his earlier injury. Need to work on your analogy game bro, he's hardly been "4 cigarettes fallen into the sewer".
Saquon Barkley is not the four cigarettes, he's the pack left over. The cigarettes are still the same as they were, you just have less of them.

Also: Not a "bro".