What is Saquons value like now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby Bot101 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:17 am

Ok more rejected offers for Barkley pouring in for me.

Give Barkley, Kirk

Get Dobbins, Diontae Johnson

Rejected with no counter.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:22 am

Bot101 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:17 am Ok more rejected offers for Barkley pouring in for me.

Give Barkley, Kirk

That's a bad trade anyway, IMO. I wouldn't sell SB for that.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:58 am

Ice wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:12 am Barkley was sold for Dobbins and A. Miller in a league. Would have thought his value was better than a 1.4 and 2nd round pick personally.
That was probably his best offer unfortunately. The best offer I got for Barkley in the preseason was a late first, 2nd, and 3rd.

To be honest, I think it is much harder to actually make fair trades than it is to draw them up on here.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:11 am

jenkins.math wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:58 am
Ice wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:12 am Barkley was sold for Dobbins and A. Miller in a league. Would have thought his value was better than a 1.4 and 2nd round pick personally.
That was probably his best offer unfortunately. The best offer I got for Barkley in the preseason was a late first, 2nd, and 3rd.

To be honest, I think it is much harder to actually make fair trades than it is to draw them up on here.
I agree
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Kyle33b
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Kyle33b » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:16 pm

I have been trying to go after Barkley since before his draft. Never got the owner of the pick to bite. Tried to offer trades for him every year, never got a counter. Finally he blows and ACL and I trade Todd Gurley and Brian Hill for him. I hear what all yall are saying about his Value dropping but this kid is 23 years old and elite. AP tore his entire knee up at a much older age and came back and rushed for over 2k yards the very next year. If you really think this drops him down a tier you are crazy and ill keep asking for him in every league I dont own him. People see injuries and freak out, especially ACL's and think the player is done for. Science advances and injuries are getting healed much quicker and better then before. Dont freak out and trade him for peanuts or you will regret it and he will give you nightmares for the next 5 years.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:33 pm

Kyle33b wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:16 pm I have been trying to go after Barkley since before his draft. Never got the owner of the pick to bite. Tried to offer trades for him every year, never got a counter. Finally he blows and ACL and I trade Todd Gurley and Brian Hill for him. I hear what all yall are saying about his Value dropping but this kid is 23 years old and elite. AP tore his entire knee up at a much older age and came back and rushed for over 2k yards the very next year. If you really think this drops him down a tier you are crazy and ill keep asking for him in every league I dont own him. People see injuries and freak out, especially ACL's and think the player is done for. Science advances and injuries are getting healed much quicker and better then before. Dont freak out and trade him for peanuts or you will regret it and he will give you nightmares for the next 5 years.
I agree, acl’s are routine to come back from. Barkley tore up his whole knee though, it’s going to be more complicated.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:35 pm

Kyle33b wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:16 pm I have been trying to go after Barkley since before his draft. Never got the owner of the pick to bite. Tried to offer trades for him every year, never got a counter. Finally he blows and ACL and I trade Todd Gurley and Brian Hill for him. I hear what all yall are saying about his Value dropping but this kid is 23 years old and elite. AP tore his entire knee up at a much older age and came back and rushed for over 2k yards the very next year. If you really think this drops him down a tier you are crazy and ill keep asking for him in every league I dont own him. People see injuries and freak out, especially ACL's and think the player is done for. Science advances and injuries are getting healed much quicker and better then before. Dont freak out and trade him for peanuts or you will regret it and he will give you nightmares for the next 5 years.
So you got him for Gurley and Hill?
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:44 pm

Not a simple ACL tear, though. There is concern with this one. It's multiple ligament damage and a torn meniscus. No bueno.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:20 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:53 pm
The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:52 pm
Vcize wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:38 pm

FWIW, LT didn't actually finish as the RB1 (IE above the field) until his age 27 season.

He was a top 3 RB every season before that other than his rookie year though, which is pretty insane.
Precisely. And we are talking consecutive 2000 yard, 75+ catch, 15+ TD seasons at one point. Barkley had 1. If he had that kind of year this year hands down he would be unquestionable top 2 moving forward. But he’s injured so he’s now relegated to top 5 or 6 IMO. I think that’s a fair fade. But that’s just my opinion.
If you think that Barkley getting a 2000 yard season is out of the realm of possibility when he returns as a 24 year old (or even the following couple years), then I could understand putting him around 5 or 6. That said, you better believe whoever you have ahead of him a has a better chance. Who that is, I really couldn't tell you because I simply don't see it, and that's why he is b2b with CMC for me. I could possibly see Zeke ahead of Saquon now, but Kamara while good isn't there for me. Anyone else you have ahead of Barkley at that point, is all complete projection after Saquon has done it and they haven't. I'll take the guy I know has done it...
Curious with the new info on Barkley's injury, and what Kamara is doing, if you're still standing by this take.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:30 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:17 am Ok more rejected offers for Barkley pouring in for me.

Give Barkley, Kirk

You didn't want that trade anyway

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:40 pm

Kamara>>>>SB. That play was insane.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:42 pm

Barkley for Gurley and Hill is a steal...and I'm in the camp that Barkley has lost value.

Adrian Peterson is the BEST case example of players coming back from ACL injury. Why does anyone get compared to best case example?

Everything we know about ACL injuries, says a player, specially young, can come back from the injury. He will also never recover 100%. AP and Barkley are two different runners. AP is no nonsense, and Barkley likes to dance. I would think the dancing player behind the line of scrimmage will be more impacted by an ACL than a North-south runner.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:44 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:42 pm Barkley for Gurley and Hill is a steal...and I'm in the camp that Barkley has lost value.

Adrian Peterson is the BEST case example of players coming back from ACL injury. Why does anyone get compared to best case example?

Everything we know about ACL injuries, says a player, specially young, can come back from the injury. He will also never recover 100%. AP and Barkley are two different runners. AP is no nonsense, and Barkley likes to dance. I would think the dancing player behind the line of scrimmage will be more impacted by an ACL than a North-south runner.
Barkley injured his MCL and tore his meniscus, too.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:45 pm

Kamara is clearly worth more than Barkley at this point. I'm glad I bailed.