What is Saquons value like now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby MFundercover » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:15 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:20 am
MFundercover wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:34 pm Whoa. Misconceptions fly. I don't even know where to begin cleaning this up.

I guess I'll start by saying what Ladanian Tomlinson did is a very different landscape a decade ago is not a fair measuring stick. Unless I missed something, I haven't seen anybody using it in this thread. It's apples and oranges.
I’m not comparing LT to Barkley in terms of production. I’m comparing their value and production in relationship to other RBs during their time. LT was consistently the #1 scoring RB, and in his prime it was never really close besides Priest Holmes. It made sense to sell a Kings ransom for LT because he could literally carry a team. Barkley’s production does not separate him from the pack enough to warrant overpaying, ESPECIALLY now.

MFundercover wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:34 pm
4) I also don't think it's fair to hold Saquons underwhelming 2019 against him but not Kamara. The only difference is that Barkley took and awkward cut and his knee tore this year. It was a football injury that can happen to anybody at any time, 1) and I'm not fading a stud because of that.

His injury history obviously hurts his value, but you have people going waaay too far with it. 2) Honestly, the stats you posted to discredit him didnt help your argument. He was #1 fully healthy, and #9 missing games and playing injured. You're going to have to do better to convince me that he isn't elite when healthy.

3) I think a fair dynasty value for him right now is Dalvin Cook, as fantasyfreak compared him to. It is "absurd" to not pay a 1st round pick for him. If you think you can buy him for less than that, you need to readjust the way you value players in fantasy football.
1) Nobody is saying you have to do anything. The goal is to discuss what is concrete and to each make our own decisions based on what has happened.

2) I think it’s interesting when people say I use numbers to discredit and fluff my position as if I intentionally left something out be right. My friend, my ego doesn’t rely on these forums. If you have concrete information or perspective to support why you believe Saquon is undoubtedly #1 please share with the class. Otherwise, your feelings, while valid, don’t make him being #1 true. You’re allowed to believe that...but like I said earlier, it’s a crossroad.

3) A fair dynasty deal is Dalvin Cook, huh? :thumbup: How many people have smacked HIM with the injury prone tag as a way to devalue him? When we talk about top backs he is also very highly unappreciated and it’s mostly because of the injury tag. So honestly, let’s not go there....discussing how each individual defines injury prone is for sure a discussion not worth having.

I agree with everything else you said that is not bolded.

EDIT: 4) It is 100% fair to hold it against Barkley and not Kamara.....because Kamara is still playing this year and is the #2 RB. McCaffrey has been unquestionably top 3 in average and total points for multiple years and he is only gone for a couple weeks and should still end up being a top 10 RB in scoring and average. This is the difference between feeling and fact. Barkley’s 14 game injury changes things. Maybe not to drastic measures like refusing to trade a 1st rounder. But pretending like it doesn’t is not rooted in facts. Like it has been alluded to, this decreases Barkley’s output by....let’s say 17% using age 30 as his window of relevance and production. would you rather have Barkley at 100% for 6 years? Or CEH or Taylor at 100% for 9? Or Jacobs at 100% for 8?

Feel how you want, but at least do some math and add it up first - that’s my main point. Nobody is twisting numbers to manipulate your feelings. Its not that serious :lol:
1. I think fading studs because injuries can happen during a football game is a poor strategy. It's not exactly a hot take so I don't know what you're trying to say here.

2. At no point did I say "Saquon is undoubtedly #1". He did in fact finish at the #1 RB and #10 (13 games) in ppr. It wasn't my opinion, that's just what happened.

4. The only problem with your point is that it has an expiration date. Saquon is 1 year older than Jacobs, not 2. Saquon is 2 years older than Taylor, not 3. Yes there is a lost year for Barkley, but teams are already set and the context matters. It really depends on how strong your team is, and whether or not you are a strong contender. Beyond 2020, the age difference is minimal, and the age gap you presented shrinks. So yes, I would take 6 years of Barkley over 7 years of Jacobs assuming full health. Taylor has only played 2 NFL games, so you could make an argument for him. But for my money, I want the guy who has already shown that he can post a #1 RB season at full health. Ultimately by fading Barkley for either of these two, you are making a short term gain and a long term deficit.

Edit: I'm just having a discussion about Saquons value. I'm not sure what I did to come off as hostile or having "manipulated feelings" because I dont agree. That comment is totally unnecessary.
Last edited by MFundercover on Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:31 am, edited 5 times in total.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:17 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:13 am wow.

first it was absurd, now it's the worst post in the history of the forum? because i won't actively trade for barkley?
Sure is.

Your statement was that you wouldn't give a first for him. You've since backtracked saying that you meant you're not actively trying to get him.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:20 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:17 am

first it was absurd, now it's the worst post in the history of the forum? because i won't actively trade for barkley?
Sure is.

Your statement was that you wouldn't give a first for him. You've since backtracked saying that you meant you're not actively trying to get him.
exactly, i won't give a 1st for him. and nobody would offer him up for only a 1st, myself included.

so there's nothing to see here.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:28 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:20 am

Sure is.

exactly, i won't give a 1st for him. and nobody would offer him up for only a 1st, myself included.

This either means you have absurdly high expectations on firsts or absurdly low expectations on barkley. Not actively trading is irrelevant to that first statement. Even 13 games of barkley last year who performed as a top 10 RB in those games is still easily worth multiple firsts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:32 am

Sure is.

In a weak RB class with the COVID situation in college? Wow. I think you're being hyperbolic. Either that or you don't understand the value of firsts and this player across the Dynasty landscape. You refuse to give up a first for him, despite the fact you could easily get more than that come next season (or right after you trade for him, most likely) If this was taken out of context, my apologies.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:32 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:28 am

Sure is.

This either means you have absurdly high expectations on firsts or absurdly low expectations on barkley. Not actively trading is irrelevant to that first statement. Even 13 games of barkley last year who performed as a top 10 RB in those games is still easily worth multiple firsts
did you read the sentence after the one you bolded?

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:55 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:32 am

I did, but the fact that if someone offered you Bark for a first you wouldnt take it is still absurd

And before you say that no one would do it and it doesnt matter, straight from completed trades.

Saquon owner put out to league that he was trading him today. I was first to accept the offer I was given.

I gave: Royce Freeman and 2021 1st
I got: Saquon and 2021 3rd

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:03 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:55 am

I did, but the fact that if someone offered you Bark for a first you wouldnt take it is still absurd

And before you say that no one would do it and it doesnt matter, straight from completed trades.

Saquon owner put out to league that he was trading him today. I was first to accept the offer I was given.

I can honestly say this is one of the worst trades I have ever seen on these boards. The 3rd added makes it even funnier for some reason. Good for you.

Also, absurd!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:37 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:41 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:19 pm i wouldn't give a 1st for barkley now. i want my players to actually be on the field.
Don't feed the troll, guys
No one ever listens

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:48 am

Offered MT for him straight up in a rebuild. Probably would have tried to ask for an add if MT wasn't hurt right now.

Also for those naysaying Barkley in here: he was a league winner last year for many people (although I'll grant he probably cost some a playoff spot with weak performances in the non-playoff weeks, which were probably related to the high ankle sprain).
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:51 am

Just sold for Zeke straight up.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:55 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:51 am Just sold for Zeke straight up.
Nice

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:56 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:55 am

Even in a keeper league that's bad. LOL Some people should stick to redraft

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:18 am

Ironically, I had this massive offer out to the Barkley owner (who was receiver-needy) BEFORE this weekend, canceled it right before TNF.

Basically would have gutted my team of both a few starters and quality depth, including Prescott, Mostert, Edelman and bunch more, like including a rookie wideout(s) and potentially 2021 picks on top of it.

Glad I revoked the offer! That would have SUCKED.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:48 am

hoos89 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:48 am Offered MT for him straight up in a rebuild. Probably would have tried to ask for an add if MT wasn't hurt right now.

Also for those naysaying Barkley in here: he was a league winner last year for many people (although I'll grant he probably cost some a playoff spot with weak performances in the non-playoff weeks, which were probably related to the high ankle sprain).
He accepted pretty quickly...may have been able to get an add but still happy with the deal.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1