What is Saquons value like now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:57 am

So, uh, have we decided on Saquon's value then?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:58 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:57 am So, uh, have we decided on Saquon's value then?
Somewhere between the RB1 and a mid 2nd rookie pick

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:19 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:08 am
gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:53 pm
The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:52 pm

Precisely. And we are talking consecutive 2000 yard, 75+ catch, 15+ TD seasons at one point. Barkley had 1. If he had that kind of year this year hands down he would be unquestionable top 2 moving forward. But he’s injured so he’s now relegated to top 5 or 6 IMO. I think that’s a fair fade. But that’s just my opinion.
If you think that Barkley getting a 2000 yard season is out of the realm of possibility when he returns as a 24 year old (or even the following couple years), then I could understand putting him around 5 or 6. That said, you better believe whoever you have ahead of him a has a better chance. Who that is, I really couldn't tell you because I simply don't see it, and that's why he is b2b with CMC for me. I could possibly see Zeke ahead of Saquon now, but Kamara while good isn't there for me. Anyone else you have ahead of Barkley at that point, is all complete projection after Saquon has done it and they haven't. I'll take the guy I know has done it...
That’s fair. But there’s one problem....Gurley has also done it (2100 yards, 64 catches, 19 TDs) in 2017 (in 15 games) and had 1800 total yards, 59 catches and 21 TDs in 2018 (in 14 games). He is only 26 right and 2 seasons removed from elite production...and Saquon will be 25 and 3 years removed from elite production come next year...by the logic you are using why would Saquon at this moment be too much farther ahead of Gurley in value?

I mean, I can probably answer that question, but I’d rather hear other people’s opinions. Maybe I will be surprised! 🥳🥳🥳
I mean, you’re comparing a guy that had a bone on bone degenerative knee condition to a guy that has never had knee issues. If that’s the hill you want to die on, then I don’t think you’d make a strong argument.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:06 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:58 am
dynastyninja wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:57 am So, uh, have we decided on Saquon's value then?
I thought that was James Robinson?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:08 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:06 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:58 am
I thought that was James Robinson?
Basically the same player minus the injury concerns
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:27 am

Just out of curiosity here, but what are the chances Barkley walks after next year?

1 year left on his contract and no real incentive to stay in NYG unless they pay up huge dollars. But even so, if they're just being the other dumpster fire of NY then why stay and get pounded?
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:33 am

0 chance he walks after next season because he won't have that option, NY will pick up his 5th year option and then in the event he doesn't get a contract extension in the next 2 years he will get franchised tagged. His only path out of NY any time soon is via trade, and maybe that happens if Gettleman is fired and Judge and the new GM decide to tear down and rebuild the team in their vision, but it's a longshot.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:51 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:33 am 0 chance he walks after next season because he won't have that option, NY will pick up his 5th year option and then in the event he doesn't get a contract extension in the next 2 years he will get franchised tagged. His only path out of NY any time soon is via trade, and maybe that happens if Gettleman is fired and Judge and the new GM decide to tear down and rebuild the team in their vision, but it's a longshot.
Judge might not last long either, with a new GM.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:57 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:19 am
The Godwin Complex wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:08 am
gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:53 pm

If you think that Barkley getting a 2000 yard season is out of the realm of possibility when he returns as a 24 year old (or even the following couple years), then I could understand putting him around 5 or 6. That said, you better believe whoever you have ahead of him a has a better chance. Who that is, I really couldn't tell you because I simply don't see it, and that's why he is b2b with CMC for me. I could possibly see Zeke ahead of Saquon now, but Kamara while good isn't there for me. Anyone else you have ahead of Barkley at that point, is all complete projection after Saquon has done it and they haven't. I'll take the guy I know has done it...
That’s fair. But there’s one problem....Gurley has also done it (2100 yards, 64 catches, 19 TDs) in 2017 (in 15 games) and had 1800 total yards, 59 catches and 21 TDs in 2018 (in 14 games). He is only 26 right and 2 seasons removed from elite production...and Saquon will be 25 and 3 years removed from elite production come next year...by the logic you are using why would Saquon at this moment be too much farther ahead of Gurley in value?

I mean, I can probably answer that question, but I’d rather hear other people’s opinions. Maybe I will be surprised! 🥳🥳🥳
I mean, you’re comparing a guy that had a bone on bone degenerative knee condition to a guy that has never had knee issues. If that’s the hill you want to die on, then I don’t think you’d make a strong argument.
Ohhh I’m not comparing Gurley to Barkley as I do understand the knee issue gives us beyond a reasonable doubt that Gurley would rebound to that level of production. I only brought that up to point out that though Barkleys ability to rebound isnt as questionable as Gurleys...it is still at the very least, questionable. I completely understand why Gurley isnt close to Barkley. However, it is reasonable to question whether or not Barkley will produce his rookie season numbers again 3 years out. Since there is no established trend theres no way to tell if that year was an anomaly or the norm. Which one you believe is a choice that impacts whether or not you decide to invest top 2 value into Barkley or top 5. The potential is there, but paying for potential is risky when the stakes are already high. If I were selling SB now I wouldn’t sell for less than a current top 5 RB - McCaffrey, Kamara, Jacobs or up an coming rookie. If I were buying I would probably only pay Kamara or JT straight up.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:58 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:51 am
bjd5211 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:33 am 0 chance he walks after next season because he won't have that option, NY will pick up his 5th year option and then in the event he doesn't get a contract extension in the next 2 years he will get franchised tagged. His only path out of NY any time soon is via trade, and maybe that happens if Gettleman is fired and Judge and the new GM decide to tear down and rebuild the team in their vision, but it's a longshot.
Judge might not last long either, with a new GM.
It's possible but not likely imo, ownership really liked him, and the league is shifting in a bit of a different direction as far as organizational structure to where the GM/HC are more of equal partners with different responsibilities rather than the GM is the boss and HC is the employee. So I think Judge is going to play a big role in deciding who the next GM is rather than a new GM coming in a deciding whether or not to keep Judge.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:42 am

jordanzs wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:13 pm While Saquon is rehabbing & preparing to make his millions next year & beyond, I wonder if he secretly lurks on the site & watches people argue over his value, like they know what the future will bring......
I'm 100% certain that he will not play for the rest of the season. I guess you can just call me a fortuneteller.

Not playing for the remainder of the current season affects his current value. His value may be the same as it was 2 weeks ago at the start of next season, but as of today he's got 14 0 point games ahead of him this season. This injury may have cost him upwards of 15% of his career production, and production this year is worth more than production in future years due to discounting (especially 5+ years in the future), so it's reasonable to suggest that his value should be 20% lower than it was last week (or more). Now if you believe that his value was 6+ firsts that could still be 4-5 firsts of value. Next year his value should bounce back because he should be healthy again...that is actually rational because it won't matter for his value at that point that he posted 0 points the prior year (although the possibility of him not being 100% or having a future issue like Gurley should probably still factor in somewhat).

(Also I thought arguing about player value was one of the main purposes of this site, but maybe that's just me)
gogobradyarm wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:19 am

Gurley developed that issue due to an ACL tear, no? Not everyone who tears their ACL gets that obviously, but it is a risk.

I bought Barkley for MT in a league I'm not contending in so it's not like I don't think he's still very valuable, but I think it's ridiculous to suggest that his value is (or should be) the same today as it was a week ago.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

AkaliWarrior
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby AkaliWarrior » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:02 am

I just traded Barkley for Dobbins and Devin White (TB-LB). Longterm, I'd actually rather have Dobbins. Barkely didn't just tear his ACL, he damaged his MCL and meniscus as well. I don't think we see the same Barkley again. He certainly isn't going to be 100% by next year. The year after, probably, but then he's 2 years older. I just wanted out. Once Ingram leaves after this year, I think Dobbins is an easy top 4 RB, possibly the #1 or #2 overall as soon as next year, and I got an elite young stud LB'er. I'm happy.

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:16 am

AkaliWarrior wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:02 am I just traded Barkley for Dobbins and Devin White (TB-LB). Longterm, I'd actually rather have Dobbins. Barkely didn't just tear his ACL, he damaged his MCL and meniscus as well. I don't think we see the same Barkley again. He certainly isn't going to be 100% by next year. The year after, probably, but then he's 2 years older. I just wanted out. Once Ingram leaves after this year, I think Dobbins is an easy top 4 RB, possibly the #1 or #2 overall as soon as next year, and I got an elite young stud LB'er. I'm happy.
Not bad. I'm mulling a CEH offer right now. We are both on the fence. I didn't know there was MCL and meniscus damage as well
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.02, 1.04, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Kamara, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1.03, 3rd (late)

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:23 am

The MCL isnt a big deal, it's just a sprain and will heal in time. The meniscus is a slight concern, but it's almost a good thing it happened alongside the torn ACL rather than just a standalone torn meniscus. A lot of times a torn meniscus is treated by just cutting a piece of it out and then letting it heal to get them on the field quicker but obviously leaves them more susceptible to bone on bone issues and what not down the road. Since the ACL takes him out for the year anyway they can go for a more complete repair of the meniscus rather than the quick fix it probably would have been otherwise.

AkaliWarrior
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby AkaliWarrior » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:29 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:23 am Since the ACL takes him out for the year anyway they can go for a more complete repair of the meniscus rather than the quick fix it probably would have been otherwise.
I'm sitting here typing this after meniscus surgery on both of my knees last week. Almost never is the meniscus repaired. The tear is cut off so it doesn't interfere with knee function. The bloodflow to the meniscus is very limited and therefore doesn't repair well. The only times it actually gets repaired is usually in people less than 20 and when surgery is performed almost immediately. If surgery isn't performed quickly the tissue dies. Barkley has so much swelling in his knee that the ACL repair isn't happening for about a month. By then the meniscus is essentially dead tissue and a repair isn't possible. He's having a meniscectomy. Make no mistake about it.