What is Saquons value like now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MFundercover
Captain
Captain
Posts: 804
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 6:30 pm

What is Saquons value like now?

Postby MFundercover » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:21 am

Where does he go in startups? What is his rookie pick value? Does the injury make a substantial long term change in his value?

Side note - What a disappointment. I traded Henry and 2020 1.08 for Saquon back in January, and have been looking forward to watching him every day since. I turned down good offers for him all summer because I thought he was the center piece to an already great roster, and that football season would be more fun with him. That ended with watching him get blown up upon taking a handoff and now this. :wall:
Team 1 (Main)

12 team .5ppr. 1QB 2RB 2 WR 3 Flex 1 TE

QB: Watson, Goff

RB: Sanders, A Jones, Drake, Harris, Scott, Edmonds, J Williams, R Freeman

WR: Hopkins, Adams, Evans, Metcalf, Higgins, Hardman, G Tate, K. Cole, DeSean, Reynolds, Isabella, G Ward

TE: Henry, Schultz, Allie-Cox

IR: Sutton, Njoku, St. Brown

Taxi: Cephus, C Johnson

- 2021 3rd, 5th

Team 2 (Orphan)

QB: Wentz, Cousins, Fitzpatrick, Stidham, Eason

RB: Singletary, Moss, Breida, J Williams, Bowden, Yeldon

WR: Reagor, Diontae, Campbell, G Tate, Alshon, Bourne, Ross, Erickson, Lee, Humphries, Collin Johnson, Peoples Jones

TE: Hurst, Cook, Eifert, Graham, Griffin, Hollister, Trautman

2021: 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9190
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:56 am

It's the same. If you sell Saquon low now, you're not playing this game right
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones, Eason
RB: JT, Mostert, Gaskin, Dillon, Gus, Mattison, McFarland, Snell, Wilson, McKissic, Darrel
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston, Parris
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.10, 2, 3, 4, 5.08, 5.10, 6, 7, 9, 10

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: [b]Mahomes, Ryan,[/b] Minshew, Trubisky, Mariota
RB: [b]Saquon, Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt,[/b] Penny, Snell
WR: [b]AJB, DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, C. Samuel,[/b] G. Davis, Mooney, Lazard, J. Washington
TE: [b]Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Tonyan,[/b] Irv
2021: 1.03, 2.05, 2.09, 3.05, 3.09
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

MFundercover
Captain
Captain
Posts: 804
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby MFundercover » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:15 am

Jigga94 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:56 am
It's the same. If you sell Saquon low now, you're not playing this game right
Of course I agree.

But I think most smart players know Saquon was in the elite "overpay" tier. Cant argue 2 injury filled years in 3 seasons is a black mark on him. I'm not sure he is anymore. I think swapping him for another top RB with maybe a little on top is the best he will get unless he drops 30+ every week when he comes back.
Team 1 (Main)

12 team .5ppr. 1QB 2RB 2 WR 3 Flex 1 TE

QB: Watson, Goff

RB: Sanders, A Jones, Drake, Harris, Scott, Edmonds, J Williams, R Freeman

WR: Hopkins, Adams, Evans, Metcalf, Higgins, Hardman, G Tate, K. Cole, DeSean, Reynolds, Isabella, G Ward

TE: Henry, Schultz, Allie-Cox

IR: Sutton, Njoku, St. Brown

Taxi: Cephus, C Johnson

- 2021 3rd, 5th

Team 2 (Orphan)

QB: Wentz, Cousins, Fitzpatrick, Stidham, Eason

RB: Singletary, Moss, Breida, J Williams, Bowden, Yeldon

WR: Reagor, Diontae, Campbell, G Tate, Alshon, Bourne, Ross, Erickson, Lee, Humphries, Collin Johnson, Peoples Jones

TE: Hurst, Cook, Eifert, Graham, Griffin, Hollister, Trautman

2021: 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2412
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:26 pm
Location: Nagoya, JP

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:29 am

I don't think an acl changes anything for him long term.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4872
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:47 am

Jigga94 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:56 am
It's the same. If you sell Saquon low now, you're not playing this game right
💯
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Tannehill, Brees
RB: Kamara, Sanders
WR: Hill, DK, KA, Julio, Cooks
TE: Kelce, Kittle

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4753
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:26 am

Doesn't change at all.

User avatar
Intoodeep
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:59 am

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby Intoodeep » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:32 am

Anyone who values him less than they did before doesn't deserve shares of him.

In late August he hinted towards sitting out game(s) as a possibility. He just never specified sitting out 14. We should have seen it coming.
12 Team / 22 Man Roster / 0.5 PPR

Mel Farr's Superstars
QB - P. Mahomes, G. Minshew
RB - S. Barkley, A. Gibson, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, M. Mack (IR), Damien Williams (CVD), R. Penny (IR), D. Singletary, M. Ingram
WR - DJ Moore, A. Robinson, JuJu, T. Boyd, M. Pittman, H. Rugs, C. Samuel, T. Patrick
TE - M. Andrews, J. Cook,
K - T. Lutz
D - Bucs, Bears

User avatar
themburns
Starter
Starter
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:56 pm

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby themburns » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:47 am

Saquon Barkley is now on year 4 of his rookie contract on a miserable organization. If I buy a pack of cigarettes, and four of them happen to fall into the sewer, I lost value. Like I'd agree with the point not to sell now (unless you're like a top contender with age problems), but he probably lost 15% of the fantasy points he would have put up in his career yesterday. That's important. He's gone from untouchable to someone you could buy with say, a trio of 2021 1sts.
#1 Purestrain Pain (12 team ppr):
QB: Jackson/, R Wilson
RB: Chubb, A. Jones, Carson, Penny, D. Henderson, L. Murray, Breida, Edmonds
WR: Michael Thomas, DJ Moore, JuJu Smith-Schuster, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, McLaurin, M. Brown, C. Davis, Coutee
TE: A. Hooper, Hunter Henry, Fant, Goedert
1.1, 4 2020 1st

#2 Fatalistic Femmes (12 team superflex, ppr) *2018 Champs
QB: Mahomes, Stafford, Burrow*
RB: D. Cook, D. Henry J. Jacobs, Conner, K. Johnson, J Richard,
WR: A. Robinson, DJ Chark, DK Metcalf, E. Sanders, Corey Davis, Watkins, Agholor, J. Reynolds, K. Stills
TE: Kittle, D Waller, Ebron, Herndon

#3 (14 team superflex bestball, 10 starters, no waivers, ppr tiered, .5/1/2, 6 pt all TDs)
QB: Mahomes, Tua, Fromm, Grier
RB: Jacobs, JK Dobbins, Mostert, Henderson, D. Evans, J. Kelley, C. Edmonds
WR: DK Metcalf, C Kupp, C Ridley, T Mclaurin, C Lamb, D Samuel, D Mims, Pettis
TE: Andrews, Hockenson, Smith Jr, Herndon, Kmet
+ 6 guys

User avatar
dynastyninja
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3275
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:52 am

I understand the general sentiment so far of "don't sell low," but I think we're taking it a little too far. 2020 production factors into his value. By default, he lost value with the injury. He is worth less to any owners that were counting on him to compete (so most of them).

I have no intention of selling low where I own him, but I am evaluating if there's anyone I want that is close to him that would give me production this year.

Long-term, little impact.

User avatar
dynastyninja
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3275
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:53 am

themburns wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:47 am
Saquon Barkley is now on year 4 of his rookie contract on a miserable organization. If I buy a pack of cigarettes, and four of them happen to fall into the sewer, I lost value. Like I'd agree with the point not to sell now (unless you're like a top contender with age problems), but he probably lost 15% of the fantasy points he would have put up in his career yesterday. That's important. He's gone from untouchable to someone you could buy with say, a trio of 2021 1sts.
Very well said, 15% is significant

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4753
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:57 am

themburns wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:47 am
Saquon Barkley is now on year 4 of his rookie contract on a miserable organization. If I buy a pack of cigarettes, and four of them happen to fall into the sewer, I lost value. Like I'd agree with the point not to sell now (unless you're like a top contender with age problems), but he probably lost 15% of the fantasy points he would have put up in his career yesterday. That's important. He's gone from untouchable to someone you could buy with say, a trio of 2021 1sts.


He's on year 3, so next year is going to be the 4th and he'll be fully recovered. Also he had 90 receptions, 2,000 total yards and double digit TDs as rookie, and was huge in the fantasy playoffs last year (especially championship week) and performed for his owners who made it to the playoffs despite his earlier injury. Need to work on your analogy game bro, he's hardly been "4 cigarettes fallen into the sewer".

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:00 am

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby fruity pebbles » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:00 am

He’s lost a little value, he’s going to miss an entire season. For a running back, that’s significant. That said, he basically goes from unattainable to potentially attainable for a kings ransom.

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4753
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:01 am

dynastyninja wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:53 am
themburns wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:47 am
Saquon Barkley is now on year 4 of his rookie contract on a miserable organization. If I buy a pack of cigarettes, and four of them happen to fall into the sewer, I lost value. Like I'd agree with the point not to sell now (unless you're like a top contender with age problems), but he probably lost 15% of the fantasy points he would have put up in his career yesterday. That's important. He's gone from untouchable to someone you could buy with say, a trio of 2021 1sts.
Very well said, 15% is significant
Not really, because we play season to season not some kind of bestball format over a decade. He'll be healthy next year and right back at or very near the top of RB rankings and performance, just like a lot of star RBs in the past who have torn ACLs.

User avatar
dynastyninja
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3275
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:05 am

bjd5211 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:01 am
dynastyninja wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:53 am
themburns wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:47 am
Saquon Barkley is now on year 4 of his rookie contract on a miserable organization. If I buy a pack of cigarettes, and four of them happen to fall into the sewer, I lost value. Like I'd agree with the point not to sell now (unless you're like a top contender with age problems), but he probably lost 15% of the fantasy points he would have put up in his career yesterday. That's important. He's gone from untouchable to someone you could buy with say, a trio of 2021 1sts.
Very well said, 15% is significant
Not really, because we play season to season not some kind of bestball format over a decade. He'll be healthy next year and right back at or very near the top of RB rankings and performance, just like a lot of star RBs in the past who have torn ACLs.
See, I agree with most of what you said. He'll be healthy next year and right back at the top. Losing him this year is still significant, though. That's production that he was expected to give you that he no longer will.

User avatar
themburns
Starter
Starter
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:56 pm

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby themburns » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:23 am

bjd5211 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:57 am
themburns wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:47 am
Saquon Barkley is now on year 4 of his rookie contract on a miserable organization. If I buy a pack of cigarettes, and four of them happen to fall into the sewer, I lost value. Like I'd agree with the point not to sell now (unless you're like a top contender with age problems), but he probably lost 15% of the fantasy points he would have put up in his career yesterday. That's important. He's gone from untouchable to someone you could buy with say, a trio of 2021 1sts.


He's on year 3, so next year is going to be the 4th and he'll be fully recovered. Also he had 90 receptions, 2,000 total yards and double digit TDs as rookie, and was huge in the fantasy playoffs last year (especially championship week) and performed for his owners who made it to the playoffs despite his earlier injury. Need to work on your analogy game bro, he's hardly been "4 cigarettes fallen into the sewer".
Saquon Barkley is not the four cigarettes, he's the pack left over. The cigarettes are still the same as they were, you just have less of them.

Also: Not a "bro".
#1 Purestrain Pain (12 team ppr):
QB: Jackson/, R Wilson
RB: Chubb, A. Jones, Carson, Penny, D. Henderson, L. Murray, Breida, Edmonds
WR: Michael Thomas, DJ Moore, JuJu Smith-Schuster, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, McLaurin, M. Brown, C. Davis, Coutee
TE: A. Hooper, Hunter Henry, Fant, Goedert
1.1, 4 2020 1st

#2 Fatalistic Femmes (12 team superflex, ppr) *2018 Champs
QB: Mahomes, Stafford, Burrow*
RB: D. Cook, D. Henry J. Jacobs, Conner, K. Johnson, J Richard,
WR: A. Robinson, DJ Chark, DK Metcalf, E. Sanders, Corey Davis, Watkins, Agholor, J. Reynolds, K. Stills
TE: Kittle, D Waller, Ebron, Herndon

#3 (14 team superflex bestball, 10 starters, no waivers, ppr tiered, .5/1/2, 6 pt all TDs)
QB: Mahomes, Tua, Fromm, Grier
RB: Jacobs, JK Dobbins, Mostert, Henderson, D. Evans, J. Kelley, C. Edmonds
WR: DK Metcalf, C Kupp, C Ridley, T Mclaurin, C Lamb, D Samuel, D Mims, Pettis
TE: Andrews, Hockenson, Smith Jr, Herndon, Kmet
+ 6 guys


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 1 guest