Justin Herbert Long Term

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Herbert Soars

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:52 am

Shankopotamus wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:38 am Another week, another 300 yds and 3 Tds. Sure, it's the Jags, but he's making nobody's look like somebody's.
He's a star.

The thing that's changed with Herbert at QB is fewer short passes and click downs. I thought Hunter Henry would see a bump, but that's not happening. Herbert is bombs away. I'd like to see the average depth of target amongst the starting QBs this year.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:56 am

Daniel Jones was crazy hot to start off last year too. This feels different though, he's got some Big Ben with more polish. Incredibly impressive.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:59 am

He is on a Pro Bowl pace and if he keeps this up he will be the runaway ROY winner in an incredibly strong rookie class.

Already playing like a stud averaging 3rd highest points per game of all active QB's in most fantasy scoring formats since starting in week 2.

So glad I own him in most of my leagues.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:03 pm

At this very moment, he's light years ahead of Burrow.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:46 pm

Did anyone actually see this coming? I felt like I was higher than most on Herbert for fantasy, liked his surrounding weapons and athleticism a lot, but he looks like a completely different player than he did in college.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:54 pm

Blueboy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:46 pm Did anyone actually see this coming? I felt like I was higher than most on Herbert for fantasy, liked his surrounding weapons and athleticism a lot, but he looks like a completely different player than he did in college.
I didn't at all, only got him in 2 leagues because he was the last guy left of my top 10(SF)

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:08 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:56 am Daniel Jones was crazy hot to start off last year too. This feels different though, he's got some Big Ben with more polish. Incredibly impressive.
If you actually watched Jones though he never looked that good. Zero pocket awareness, ugly ints into triple coverage for no reason. I was about as low as you can get on Herbert before the season started but he’s been really impressive

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:12 pm

Blueboy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:46 pm Did anyone actually see this coming? I felt like I was higher than most on Herbert for fantasy, liked his surrounding weapons and athleticism a lot, but he looks like a completely different player than he did in college.
At least to me, Herbert looked like one of those QBs who had the size, athleticism, mobility, and arm you want out of a QB, but the substance was spotty. I remember there was a stat that Herbert had a passer rating of around 35 when he was pressured in his last season. Now in the NFL, he's been one of the top passers against pressure.

It's been surprising to me. If he looked like this in college, the Bengals would've had an actual choice to make between him and Burrow.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:16 pm

I liked him predraft, but not enough to trade up to get him. In hindsight, I wish I had. He and Burrow are both playing well.

Very few on this board liked him, and frequently remember him being referred to as Trashbert.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:30 pm

I was very high on him and traded Watson for a player and a pick to take him 1.6 in a SF before the NFL draft. I thought he had the make up of a star at the NFL level. The guy I traded with also was high on him so some of us had him rated really high.

That said, he is playing now where I thought he could be in 2-3 years. The fact he has picked up the NFL game so fast is really impressive.

He really doesn't look that different to me at all. I thought he was miscast in college personally as his mechanics were nearly flawless and only needed minor tweaking. What is different is he is in a system that suits him and he is playing with players around him that are also very talented.

I do think many missed on Herbert because some didn't take in consideration his college weapons were not close to what Burrow and Tua had. Herbert now has K. Allen and several great players around him and that helps. He really has a fast processor in his brain.

The scouts loved this kid for a couple of years and he did go #6 in the draft. I actually thought he would go ahead of Tua in the Draft. I am sure the Chargers were elated to get him then and are ecstatic now that see how fast he has developed.

We are going to enjoy Herbert, Burrow, and Tua for years most likely. Herbert though is the prototype with the best arm easily in this group. That doesn't mean he will be the best but right now there really isn't much to debate. I don't see any of these three busting in the NFL.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:37 pm

In a 1qb league, what would you want in compensation to downgrade from Hebert to Tua?

I have a hardcore Chargers fan in the league who wants to pry Herbert from my cold clenched fists.

Around week 3 he offered me Tua for Hebert/4th. I declined. Now I see it as Hebert > Tua until Tua can produce like what Hebert has already done.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:48 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:37 pm In a 1qb league, what would you want in compensation to downgrade from Hebert to Tua?

I have a hardcore Chargers fan in the league who wants to pry Herbert from my cold clenched fists.

Around week 3 he offered me Tua for Hebert/4th. I declined. Now I see it as Hebert > Tua until Tua can produce like what Hebert has already done.
Herbert is averaging just over 29 points a game. Mahomes is 27.2. Watson is around 25.8. I would want a lot to move off a legit top tier QB especially for someone that has only thrown 2 NFL passes. Right now, only R. Wilson and K. Murray are producing at a higher rate.

I get people devalue QB's but he is putting up rare numbers. I would want a 1st and give back a 2nd to even think about it.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:48 pm
jordanzs wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:37 pm In a 1qb league, what would you want in compensation to downgrade from Hebert to Tua?

Herbert is averaging just over 29 points a game. Mahomes is 27.2. Watson is around 25.8. I would want a lot to move off a legit top tier QB especially for someone that has only thrown 2 NFL passes. Right now, only R. Wilson and K. Murray are producing at a higher rate.

I get people devalue QB's but he is putting up rare numbers. I would want a 1st and give back a 2nd to even think about it.
I also have Ryan & Tannehill so QB is one thing I’m strong at.

A week or 2 ago I was thinking of offering Hebert/Sutton for Tua/Lamb. That could’ve helped me this year. But Lamb got Dalton’d

Yeah besides that, I’ll hold unless I get something that I can’t refuse

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:41 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:16 pm I liked him predraft, but not enough to trade up to get him. In hindsight, I wish I had. He and Burrow are both playing well.

Very few on this board liked him, and frequently remember him being referred to as Trashbert.
I think that was just 1 or 2 KC fans repeatedly saying it

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:10 pm

Where is Stripes_of_KC? He trashed Herbert every time the name was brought up.

Mahomes vs Herbert may be a fun matchup for many years.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.