Darius Slayton: For real?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Darius Slayton: For real?

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:32 am

The guy had a great rookie year, as a 5th round pick. Ran a sub 4.4 forty, and showed big play ability last year. First game this year, he balls out against one of the leagues top defences. Not hearing anybody talk about this guy. Where are you guys at with him?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Fournetto
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Darius Slayton: For real?

Postby Fournetto » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:52 am

Yeah I like him a lot.
Traded for him in the pre season and got a good deal. I think he has the potential to be a real alpha receiver, which is what the Giants need because Tate and Shepherd aren't that.
Plus he has a great rapport with Jones and is locked into that connection for a few seasons at least.
I think people are still sort of sleeping on him because of a combination of:
- people don't rate NYG (which is really irrelevant as there'll be an air it out offence)
- draft capital (the guy hit in his rookie season so draft capital really doesn't matter now)
- some will say he only hit because of opportunity from injuries (yes he got his shot from injuries but he took it and ran with it. The Giants will likely cut Tate and Shepherd will remain in the underneath role. Engram is injury prone. Slayton will continue to get red zone looks because it's clear they trust him there)

What's he worth? I honestly can't see anyone realistically offering me something that I would strongly consider moving him for. Maybe I am over valuing him but if you own him I really don't think he is a sell high candidate now because I think he's the real deal.
I sold Godwin early (and what I thought was high at the time and I won't make that mistake with Slayton).
8 Team 1 PPR

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, DEF, K
QB: D. Brees, J. Goff
RB: A. Ekeler, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, M. Ingram, G. Edwards, L. Perine, T. Pollard, B. Hill, J. Jackson, T. Cohen (IR), Z. Moss (T).
WR: M. Thomas, J. Jones, C. Godwin, M. Evans, T. McLaurin, AJ. Green, T. Boyd, C. Sutton (IR), M. Williams, A. Miller, D. Slayton, T. Patrick, D. People's-Jones, N. Harry, J. Ross, G. Davis (T)
TE: Z. Ertz, J. Smith, E. Engram, D. Goedert
DST: TB
K: Y. Koo
2021: 1st, 1st, 1st
2022: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:33 am

A very experienced fantasy owner told me after the Monday night games "Wow, he's pretty good. I never paid attention to him last year."

So some are still unaware of how well he's played despite the solid stats. As mentioned earlier, being a late draft pick hurts. I think some sites still consider Sterling Shepard the #1 in NY, again because of draft stock.

Slayton is similar to Antonio Brown. It took years for people to consider him elite in the fantasy community. You couldn't get close to his value in trade.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:49 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:33 am A very experienced fantasy owner told me after the Monday night games "Wow, he's pretty good. I never paid attention to him last year."

So some are still unaware of how well he's played despite the solid stats. As mentioned earlier, being a late draft pick hurts. I think some sites still consider Sterling Shepard the #1 in NY, again because of draft stock.

Slayton is similar to Antonio Brown. It took years for people to consider him elite in the fantasy community. You couldn't get close to his value in trade.
I foolishly dropped him during roster cut downs last off season. :boohoo:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:16 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:49 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:33 am A very experienced fantasy owner told me after the Monday night games "Wow, he's pretty good. I never paid attention to him last year."

I foolishly dropped him during roster cut downs last off season. :boohoo:
That's before he played a down. Understandable. But what could have been, right?

Before week 1 this year, I asked a WR needy team what he'd give for Slayton. He said a rookie 4th as Slayton night not make his roster (12 teams, 26 deep roster + IR + 2 taxi). Another example of people sleeping on him.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:24 am

A lot to like there. I wish I would have been smart enough to pick him up for a minimum FA bid last year.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:28 am

Like FF, I dropped him in cuts last year before week 1 then was slow to grab him when he started flashing. Been trying to get him but owner wants a ransom even before the season

What are guys willing to pay for him?
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:22 am

In a salary cap and contract cap league, I traded rookie pick 14 for him and parham. Ultra competitive 32 team team single copy league, where he is .1% of the cap for 6 more years. This move allows me to spend 50% of my cap space on 2 players and have a highly competitive team.

Most leagues I'm in, the slayton owner isn't selling, but I'm certainly paying a low 2nd if im a building team, if I'm competitive and need a wr , I'd likely gamble my 1st on him. Late 1sts have a 50/50 chance of success anyway,

I'm not selling him, where I have him. He is a clearly favored target
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:40 am

Slayton is like the ultimate screw it, I’m projected to lose by 20 anyways flex/WR3. I slid him into my lineup after opponent murdered me with Chubb and obj on Thursday.

I have had multiple people ask me my price for Slayton and they keep shying away when I answer late first. I’m not sure I’d sell for a late first right now anymore. Clearly he and Daniel Jones have a connection, and Slayton is able to get open deep.

People discount deep threat WRs because of the week to week inconsistentcy. Till Hopkins gone people were too low of Fuller even with his injuries
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:37 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:40 am Slayton is like the ultimate screw it, I’m projected to lose by 20 anyways flex/WR3. I slid him into my lineup after opponent murdered me with Chubb and obj on Thursday.

I have had multiple people ask me my price for Slayton and they keep shying away when I answer late first. I’m not sure I’d sell for a late first right now anymore. Clearly he and Daniel Jones have a connection, and Slayton is able to get open deep.

People discount deep threat WRs because of the week to week inconsistentcy. Till Hopkins gone people were too low of Fuller even with his injuries
yup and this in itself tends to be a trip down narrative street. Do deep threat wrs have a lower week to week hit rate yes. Now that is ignoring the fact that any wr no matter the style of play outside of the truly legit studs have a relatively lower than expected hit rate.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:07 am

To me he's the perfect WR3 or 4 for a team. He's already better than Shepard imo who has been pretty much a bust. Slayton is very boom or bust so far, but he could become more consistent as time goes on. I do not see him ever becoming more than a WR2 though. Someone mentioned Alpha before and he's just not that. He's fast though and definitely has a connection for big plays. He could win you some weeks, but until he shows he can contribute consistently, he's a boom or bust WR3/flex.

Hes had 4, 2 TD games in 15 career games. In the other 11 games, he hasn't scored a TD or gone over 82 yards in any of them. The other 2 games: 2/31/1TD and 4/62/1TD. 700 yards and 8 TD in your rookie year is much more than you'd expect to get out of a 5th rounder though

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:22 am

Love Slayton. All he does is make all kinds of plays, so underrated. Late round gem.

Reminds me of when Diggs first burst onto the scene - still took a while for everybody to believe he was legit.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:57 am

Couldn’t buy him for 2021 1st this off-season in a few leagues. No takers. I think his owners understand his worth.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:36 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:37 am
hockeyBjj wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:40 am Slayton is like the ultimate screw it, I’m projected to lose by 20 anyways flex/WR3. I slid him into my lineup after opponent murdered me with Chubb and obj on Thursday.

yup and this in itself tends to be a trip down narrative street. Do deep threat wrs have a lower week to week hit rate yes. Now that is ignoring the fact that any wr no matter the style of play outside of the truly legit studs have a relatively lower than expected hit rate.
iirc he had some quick slants with YAC every now and then last year. I think he could be very versatile with a little work. The connection with Jones and his concentration to watch the ball into his hands are positives. I have high hopes for him.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:46 pm

There's so many awesome stats about this guy. His comparables are insane. I've been itching to write an article about it, just waiting for final approval.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134