Re: The Joe Burrow Thread

Postby chubnubbin » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:14 am

I love watching Kyler sling it.

John Paul
Role Player
Role Player

Postby John Paul » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:15 pm

This is just the beginning. Cincy definitely needs to shore up that OL for him, though.
10 Team PPR Dynasty (2012 Startup) 2018 1st 2019 2nd 2021 2nd

QB: Matt Stafford(Trade '22), Kirk Cousins(Trade '22), Baker Mayfield(Trade '22)
RB: Jonathan Taylor(Trade '21), ETN(trade '22), Breece Hall(1.02 '22), Deon Jackson (WW '23), Michael Carter (trade '23)
WR: Drake London (Trade '23), Jahan Dotson (Trade "23), Allen Robinson (Trade '22), Brandin Cooks (Trade '23), John Metchie III(2.02 "23), Rondale Moore(Trade '21), Kyle Philips(4.05 '22), Curtis Samuel (Trade '23)
TE: Kyle Pitts(Trade '22), Logan Thomas (WW "23)
LB: Logan Wilson (WW '22), Zaire Franklin (WW'23), Matt Judon (WW '23)
DB: M Fitzpatrick (WW '22), I Simmons (WW "23), Jamal Adams (WW "23)
DL: Chase Young(3.08/'20), Aidan Hutchinson (WW "23)

2023: 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 2.04
2024: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2
2025: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:15 am

Burrow and Herbert looked good. The big difference is LAC put Herbert in good situations while Cincy is letting Burrow get killed. That OL is getting crushed with 5 man protections.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Joe Burrow + Bengals OFF

Postby dvpkwys » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:32 am

Reading a lot of bad reports coming out of Cincinnati - I realize we are only a few days into August, but turnovers, awful QB protection, poor production from the offence, and simple poor touch from Burrow are points that keep popping up. Protection during the regular season will be a concern, am I over reacting too early?
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Joe Burrow + Bengals OFF

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:29 am

Got any links to the reports? I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point, but curious to give them a read.

palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby palevermilion » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:47 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:29 am Got any links to the reports? I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point, but curious to give them a read.
https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/edge/foot ... joe-burrow
Joe Burrow has struggled badly with interceptions and inconsistency in training camp.
The Athletic's Jay Morrison and Paul Dehner Jr. report that the Bengals offense is turning the ball over multiple times in every practice. Burrow's struggles have been particularly noteworthy. "Throws that felt like layups last year are dropping harmlessly away from receivers or easily broken up by multiple defenders." The Bengals offensive line has also been a concern. One of Burrow's better throws to Ja'Marr Chase was only possible because Trey Hendrickson slowed down on his way to the franchise quarterback. It's the first week of August, and Burrow is less than nine months removed from a major knee injury. There's no need to over react to early training camp reports. Still, the Bengals ability to protect Burrow has been concern throughout the entire offseason. It will be all the more critical to provide a clean pocket if Burrow is at less than peak form to begin the season.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:54 am

Maybe the beat reporters are just not recognizing an improved competitiveness or level of play from the Bengals defense? It's possible...

palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby palevermilion » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:00 am

Yeah. To me this is nothing that warrants any type of reaction in terms of how it impacts fantasy football. There's so many factors with this, plus it's just early August. Teams should be working out the kinks still, especially with a QB recovering from major new surgery. If anything, I'd want to use this "report" as a means to acquire Bengals for cheaper.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:10 am

Does it surprise you? Burrow got murdered last year. They made some moves to improve the o-line in the offseason, but we will see how much improvement they actually get. Hard to say at this point though, still too early in the offseason.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:09 pm

CGW wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:10 am Does it surprise you? Burrow got murdered last year. They made some moves to improve the o-line in the offseason, but we will see how much improvement they actually get. Hard to say at this point though, still too early in the offseason.
Burrow got put on IR because of a bad O-line. They earned the #4 overall pick. Best OT Sewell sitting right there. They take Chase.

I don't get it.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:50 pm

and this time last year JJ was like 4th WR on vikings. There could be fire to this smoke but Bengals were always going to need more time, they have a few new O-line players and a new O-line coach so there will be a some rough patches early on.

Obviously not great hearing Burrow is nervous about his knee, hopefully that doesn't become a thing going forward.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:15 pm

I am amazed he's out there right now. He had so much damage done to his knee, not just a simple ACL. I was really hoping he started the year on the PUP, to be honest. I feel like he is being rushed. I have Burrow, and really am pulling for him, but I feel like the Bengals could ruin him within a few years, with their ineptitude.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:40 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:09 pm
CGW wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:10 am Does it surprise you? Burrow got murdered last year. They made some moves to improve the o-line in the offseason, but we will see how much improvement they actually get. Hard to say at this point though, still too early in the offseason.
Burrow got put on IR because of a bad O-line. They earned the #4 overall pick. Best OT Sewell sitting right there. They take Chase.

I don't get it.
I do get it. It's supremely easy to get.

The Bengals are a poverty franchise that have always made the splashiest, stupidest draft moves possible. They do not draft for team need; they draft for fan narrative - because they desperately need to sell tickets and inspire their winnowing fanbase, and this is a business. Mike Brown is not winning-oriented... he is money oriented. We can go into that more if you really require, but any Bengals fan will know what I'm saying here.

Ten years ago they took AJ Green at #4 overall. Five years ago, they took John Ross at #9 overall. The high WR pick and-damn-the-expense is supremely of their nature, and I won good money on draft night betting this outcome because it was -that- obvious to me what they were going to do. These tigers do not change their stripes.

Jamarr Chase sells jerseys, and sells tickets. Penei Sewell does not; he simply fixes a football problem. Jamarr chase generates headlines and fan excitement at a sexy position; He makes Joe Burrow happy, and the "bromance" angle makes for great headline fodder in all the days leading up to Week 1... whereapon the Bengals OL will once again be a turnstile and get their #1 pick sacked at an incredible league-high rate.

https://twitter.com/joereedy/status/133 ... 70112?s=20

Good times, Bengal up!! :whistle:

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:32 am

August 5th 2022 we'll be reading about their lost season and how the new staff is energizing the team and everything is better now.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:34 am

Not going to say I am excited to hear this news, but I am also not ready to adjust anything yet. It is early
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts