Week 2 - preemptive strike deep bench waiver adds

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Week 2 - preemptive strike deep bench waiver adds

Postby jman3134 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:27 am

Callaway is already taken in my league. I like Meyers, but I wonder if his hammy will bother him this year and stint his development. Harris could break out this week.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:15 am

jman3134 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:27 am Callaway is already taken in my league. I like Meyers, but I wonder if his hammy will bother him this year and stint his development. Harris could break out this week.
Outside of return yardage leagues, I don't think Deonte Harris will ever be fantasy viable. He's a gadget type player.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:08 am

Week 2 might be too early, but I’ll throw Robert Foster out there again as a very cheap very deep sleeper. He showed really well in BUF for a stretch at the end of the season his rookie year and did more than just run 9s. BUF coaches right to the end talked about his great attitude and work ethic and then cut him - maybe they were trying to do him a favor by letting him latch on somewhere else. Now he’s on the GB practice squad, and we all know what the depth chart looks like there. And GB is not afraid to promote a player quickly and then throw him right into the fray - look at what happened with rookie LB Krys Barnes this past weekend.

Absolutely may be nothing there, but something tells me there may be enough spark to catch fire in this one.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:56 pm

Here’s a strategy that works on yahoo, but not MFL. I’m not sure if it works on Sleeper.

On MFL, if a player is on your bench, he’s locked there once his game kicks off.

On yahoo (this is where I play my redraft leagues), if a player is on your bench, you can drop him immediately even after his game has kicked off.

As long as your leaguemates haven’t figured this out & start doing the same thing, you can give yourself some free shots at free money.

Last week, I had Jarwin on a redraft bench with yahoo. He went down with an injury of course. Rather than drop him at the Tuesday waiver run which is what I did where I owned him on MFL, I dropped him on Monday for Corey Davis, figuring there was a 90% chance that Davis would do nothing and then I would drop Davis the next day during blind bidding. Turns out Davis was a keeper and I got him for free rather than having to spend FABB on him. Benny Snell was a free agent too, but I was busy with work and missed that window of opportunity.

I didn’t do it this past week, but oftentimes I’ll pick up anybody who’s a free agent for the Thursday game. Maybe they emerge. This week that could’ve been drew sample. But since yahoo allows me to drop that bench player, I’ll let them go on Sunday to grab my kicker off the waiver wire

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:21 pm

Jordan akins should be owned if he's not in all leagues. And probably should be top ww aquisition imo. May be late on this one, but found him free in several leagues after waivers.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:56 pm

I'm a fan of Quintez Cephus.

I liked him as a 3rd-tier WR coming into the draft, and I think his situation in Detroit is pretty good. He's going to play whenever any of the top-3 WR's are out (2nd week with Golladay's hammy already). Amendola isn't the picture of health, and he and Marvin Jones are probably gone after this season anyway. I have a hunch he'll have a good game tomorrow against Green Bay, and people will be on to him next week.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:56 pm

Back to the original post. Alie-Cox good freebie. Jordan Reed good freebie. Mike Davis good freebie.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:19 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:05 pm Ive stashed Gabriel Davis wherever I could. He was the star of training camp, he had a surprising snap share week 1, upper percentile in breakout age, dominator, yards per reception and target share, and he is definitely the biggest WR the Bills have. As a deep stash, why not?
Anyone happen to see his TD today? :thumbup:

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:38 am

I scooped Keelan Cole and Daulton Shultz for almost no faab. Feels good.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:36 am

The Wilkins call from above was a solid one too. He seems to have established himself as the Rb2 in Indy.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:11 am

If you have a space take a speculative pick up of Leake as a potential fill in for Saquon

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:13 am

Bot101 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:05 pm Ive stashed Gabriel Davis wherever I could. He was the star of training camp, he had a surprising snap share week 1, upper percentile in breakout age, dominator, yards per reception and target share, and he is definitely the biggest WR the Bills have. As a deep stash, why not?
Remember the name!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:51 am

Bot101 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:13 am
Remember the name!
The Titans?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick