Week 1 Conclusions

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Week 1 Conclusions

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:36 am

Thought it would be fun for us to list out anything we observed in week 1 that we believe is something that is fair to conclude for the rest of the season. I originally wanted to also list overreactions but the post was too long. Probably warrants a separate thread. Criticism for my list is welcome but I hope you'll post your own thoughts too.

1. CEH is for real and will be a consistent fantasy producer. He obviously benefits from the offense, but this is the league's best offense. With an underrated defense he will get plenty of run throughout the season.

2. The entire NYJ offense is doomed. Bell is washed and wouldn't be the Bell of old even on a decent team, but now no RB for that team will produce outside a few TD's.

3. MIN's decision to trade Diggs was a short term and long term mistake.

4. D. Adams is the frontrunner to be the WR1 (and he was prior to the Thomas injury). The offense runs through him.

5. Baker Mayfield is bad and won't be a long term starter in the NFL. All receivers are downgraded because of his incompetence.

6. There is no bellcow in CLE. Maybe this is obvious but Hunt and Chubb are in a near even timeshare. Both will be relevant but neither elite as long as they are both healthy.

7. Nyhiem Hines was/is happening. Philip Rivers was the biggest reason for Austin Ekeler's success. Not that Ekeler isn't very good, but it's because Rivers can't hit downfield passes and relied on short dump offs that he produced RB1 numbers. Enter Hines.

8. Robby Anderson will have his best year. Though Bridgewater isn't a good starting QB, the situation is miles better than the NYJ.

9. Kerryon is done being fantasy relevant. Being replaced by AP, his constant injuries and the presence of Swift make him a bust.

10. Ridley will be a massive fantasy producer this year. He is the preferred red zone target over Julio.

11. Russell Wilson is elite and has the tools to maintain great passing numbers.

12. Cam is healthy and will be a Q1 this year. Whether he is a low end QB1 or high end will be highly dependent on his TD total. He's not an elite passer but he's also working with one of the leagues worst receiver situations.

13. The entire Chargers offense is doomed unless Herbert emerges. Ekeler will get more volume but he won't touch the past two year's production.

14. SF's RB situation is not a legit RBBC unless Mostert gets hurt. He's the lead back.

15. Hopkins is an elite WR regardless of situation. HOU screwed the pooch regardless of his contract situation.

16. Murray is going to be heavily involved in the NO backfield and Kamara is not a good between the tackles RB. Still elite for his receiving usage but he's somewhat capped.

17. Conner is done being fantasy relevant. Not because of Snell but because of injuries.

18. Slayton is the WR1 for the Giants.

19. Fant is emerging and will be a TE1 for years to come.

20. Derrick Henry will continue to disappoint owners through the first part of the season (relative disappointment), but then surprise us all in the later part of the year with massive production when defenses are injured/tired and his size and bruising running is always the most effective.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Week 1 Conclusions

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:42 am

Arizona is going to win 10+ games, but Seattle is the best team in the NFC.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:20 am

Tom Brady is washed/not going to get in rythmn with new personel.
Drew Brees is washed and screwed without MT, gonna be the Kamara show for awhile
My boy Allen Robinson is elite and will once again overcome bad QB play
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:25 am

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:42 am Arizona is going to win 10+ games, but Seattle is the best team in the NFC.
Agree here
murphysxm wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:20 am Tom Brady is washed/not going to get in rythmn with new personel.
Drew Brees is washed and screwed without MT, gonna be the Kamara show for awhile
My boy Allen Robinson is elite and will once again overcome bad QB play
Agree on the QBs. I hope you're right on Arob, but he has his work cut out for him
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:59 am

I'd be careful in drawing too much conclusions based on week 1 alone. It's week 1, some teams are not as ready as others. Teams haven't been able to adjust yet, etc.

Regarding Jets, they always play bad against top defensive fronts. Not all teams have the Bills defensive front.
Same for Cleveland, everyone is piling on Baker because it is fun and he was the number 1 pick, give him some time.
Did we really need week 1 to call Russell Wilson elite?

Regarding Indy, Parris Campbell should be mentioned also. He may be their number 1 WR this year.

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:12 am

Agree with most of the things brought up so far.

Because Fant was rightfully mentioned - Hockenson continues to look beastly as well.
He seems to win contested catches at will and is all over the field. Didn't get quite as many looks as I expected sans Golladay, but so far it seems the hopes that the 2019 draft was an elite year at the tight end spot were definitely warranted. Should both be fun to watch if they can stay healthy.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:40 am

remedy29 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:59 am I'd be careful in drawing too much conclusions based on week 1 alone. It's week 1, some teams are not as ready as others. Teams haven't been able to adjust yet, etc.

Regarding Jets, they always play bad against top defensive fronts. Not all teams have the Bills defensive front.
Same for Cleveland, everyone is piling on Baker because it is fun and he was the number 1 pick, give him some time.
Did we really need week 1 to call Russell Wilson elite?

Regarding Indy, Parris Campbell should be mentioned also. He may be their number 1 WR this year.
Totally fair point, but the thrust of this thread is to state what you think you can conclude with only one weeks gameplay to go by. Obviously overreactions will abound.

Disagree with you on Baker. He was bad last year too.

The Wilson comment I felt was warranted from a fantasy perspective because he didn’t have good passing production last year. I believe he’ll be more producitve on the passing front throughout the year compared to last.

I do agree that there should be optimism surrounding Campbell. However I specifically left that out of my conclusions because I think it is too early to conclude on. He definitely seems like the skill type to benefit from short passes by Rivers

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:56 am

Disagree about Derrick Henry. He ran more routes on MNF than any other game in his professional career. Offense still flows through him. Best is yet to come.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:02 pm

49ers WR room is cursed

Brady was supposed to have all these weapons in Tampa, but Evans is on one leg and Godwin concussed. So Brady has Gronk, a late round slot WR, a pass catching rb, and a hammer.

Am i talking about edelman/White/Blount? Or Scotty Miller, Rojo, and Fournette? Brady is having groundhog day, except he no longer has Bellicheck
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:41 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:02 pm 49ers WR room is cursed

Brady was supposed to have all these weapons in Tampa, but Evans is on one leg and Godwin concussed. So Brady has Gronk, a late round slot WR, a pass catching rb, and a hammer.

Am i talking about edelman/White/Blount? Or Scotty Miller, Rojo, and Fournette? Brady is having groundhog day, except he no longer has Bellicheck
Going to miss that juicy Panthers match up. Damn. Swearinger again. Big surprise. Guy should be fined for that. Suspended even, with his track record.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:49 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:40 am
I do agree that there should be optimism surrounding Campbell. However I specifically left that out of my conclusions because I think it is too early to conclude on. He definitely seems like the skill type to benefit from short passes by Rivers
Health aside, he has looked good everytime he has been on the field. Rivers lives on players like him. It is a valid conclusion
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:07 pm

remedy29 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:59 am I'd be careful in drawing too much conclusions based on week 1 alone. It's week 1, some teams are not as ready as others. Teams haven't been able to adjust yet, etc.
I preferred this thread when it was called the "Week 1 overreactions thread" because at least it was slightly self-aware. "Conclusions" seems a bit on the nose...

... oh wait, this is a different thread?

Well, carry on then, I guess.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:23 pm

Amazing how quickly the sentiment on Arob has changed. Two years ago, this guy couldn't be a wr2 in fantasy and was largely done.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:09 pm

Mapletron is going to be a PROBLEM

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:15 pm

Week 1 conclusion, my super team stunk... Fire sell everyone and rebuild again!