Week 2 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kelldon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:41 am

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Kelldon » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:06 pm

#LetRussCook Baby!!!
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1LB, 1DE, 1DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017
QB: Wilson, J. Herbert, Winston
RB: Kamara, Gurley, David J., Chubb, Mack, Swift, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, B. Scott
WR: Nuk, D.Adams, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, A. Isabella, Marq. Brown, M. Pittman, A. Thielen
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Higbee
K: Tucker

steelman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2933
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby steelman » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:30 pm

What a great game that was

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:45 pm

Kelldon wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:06 pm
#LetRussCook Baby!!!
:thumbdown: Gets lamer every time somebody says it. Glad they beat Cam, and the Pats, though.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:50 pm

DK is legit. The way he handled himself vs the reigning DPOY....this kid can play.

User avatar
mild
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1400
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: the Underworld

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby mild » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:16 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:50 pm
DK is legit. The way he handled himself vs the reigning DPOY....this kid can play.
I sold straight across for Juju in January, and had him as a slight fade due to his work against elite CB's in year 1 + his slated matchups for this year against a murderers row of elite shutdown corners.

Boy do I feel dumb.

MFundercover
Captain
Captain
Posts: 782
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby MFundercover » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:39 pm

Krypto_King wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:50 pm
Did Drake put on weight? I haven't seen any juice out of him in either game so far
He turned it up the last 5 minutes of the game. Idk why he waited or what was going on with that. Tough matchups for the Arizona RBs in the first two weeks, but things are looking tasty for the next 3.
Team 1 (Main)

12 team .5ppr. 1QB 2RB 2 WR 3 Flex 1 TE

QB: Watson, Goff

RB: Sanders, A Jones, Drake, Harris, Scott, Edmonds, J Williams, R Freeman

WR: Hopkins, Adams, Evans, Metcalf, Higgins, Hardman, G Tate, K. Cole, DeSean, Reynolds, Isabella, G Ward

TE: Henry, Schultz, Allie-Cox

IR: Sutton, Njoku, St. Brown

Taxi: Cephus, C Johnson

- 2021 3rd, 5th

Team 2 (Orphan)

QB: Wentz, Cousins, Fitzpatrick, Stidham, Eason

RB: Singletary, Moss, Breida, J Williams, Bowden, Yeldon

WR: Reagor, Diontae, Campbell, G Tate, Alshon, Bourne, Ross, Erickson, Lee, Humphries, Collin Johnson, Peoples Jones

TE: Hurst, Cook, Eifert, Graham, Griffin, Hollister, Trautman

2021: 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

perkinsrooster
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby perkinsrooster » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:13 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:07 pm
One thing I'd like to mention about those calling for the heads of Wentz, (Watson is looking "meh"), Carr, Dak etc. There are a few elite players at the position, and teams struggle for years to find a guy that doesn't look like Bortles etc. They aren't going to throw guys to the wayside, because they know the guy behind them, almost certainly, is far worse. It's a really tough position to play, especially when your OL is decimated, or WR's. If Carr or Wentz, for example, were cut by there teams, they would find a job instantly. Fans, and FF players sometimes don't understand how hard it is to find somebody that's even competent at that position.
It's not that hard to find a good QB. I'm sure the Dolphins will find a good QB to replace Marino any day now. The Bills have already found an heir to Kelly - maybe. And Garoppolo is going to be the next Montana, right?

User avatar
Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1276
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:56 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:31 pm
Krypto_King wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:27 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:51 pm


Actually, no. This is a fantasy football forum. I asked the question as a fantasy football question. Allen has put up great numbers, but gets no love because he's not a great real life QB. Yet, everyone is wild about Murray. I think they are basically 1 in the same
All you did was ask a question. It was Pro who said "Fantasy QB2/3, top 10 QB in real life." That's what I'm responding to. I think it's perfectly fair to have him top 7 or 8 in re-draft and 1QB and top 10ish in QB premium.
Sorry I'll make sure to specify "fantasy football" in the fantasy football forum from now on :thumbup:
I dunno why you are being weird. I didn't chime in until I saw talk about actual NFL ability. I agreed with your fantasy take

User avatar
Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1276
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:02 am

MFundercover wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:39 pm
Krypto_King wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:50 pm
Did Drake put on weight? I haven't seen any juice out of him in either game so far
He turned it up the last 5 minutes of the game. Idk why he waited or what was going on with that. Tough matchups for the Arizona RBs in the first two weeks, but things are looking tasty for the next 3.
there was more space late for sure, he still didn't look overly mobile to me. Maybe he is just a build up guy? I'm certainly a hater though, curious if the believers have other opinions

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4584
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:39 am

It's still an ugly RBBC on a bad offense, but Myles Gaskin had more touches than both Howard and Breida combined. Howard looks to be the new Mike Tolbert.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19 Champion

QB: Tannehill, Brees
RB: Kamara, CMC, Sanders, Davis, Murray, Scott
WR: Julio, Hill, KA, Hamler
TE: Kelce, Kittle

Ray Finkle
Captain
Captain
Posts: 979
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:05 am

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Ray Finkle » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:08 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:25 pm
Better get Dobbins soon, if you want him.
Why do you say that? Do you expect his usage will be increasing in the very near future?

User avatar
BlackOmega
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1448
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby BlackOmega » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:10 am

If Saquon is out for the season the sneaky add may be Leake, you may even be able to add him before waivers if you hurry

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4584
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:45 am

Aaron Jones and Gio Bernard are the only RBs with more targets than Myles Gaskin through 2 weeks.

Gaskin outsnapped Breida/Howard 49 to 24 (combined)
Last edited by Orenthal Shames on Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19 Champion

QB: Tannehill, Brees
RB: Kamara, CMC, Sanders, Davis, Murray, Scott
WR: Julio, Hill, KA, Hamler
TE: Kelce, Kittle

jenkins.math
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1236
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:56 am

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:50 am

perkinsrooster wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:13 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:07 pm
One thing I'd like to mention about those calling for the heads of Wentz, (Watson is looking "meh"), Carr, Dak etc. There are a few elite players at the position, and teams struggle for years to find a guy that doesn't look like Bortles etc. They aren't going to throw guys to the wayside, because they know the guy behind them, almost certainly, is far worse. It's a really tough position to play, especially when your OL is decimated, or WR's. If Carr or Wentz, for example, were cut by there teams, they would find a job instantly. Fans, and FF players sometimes don't understand how hard it is to find somebody that's even competent at that position.
It's not that hard to find a good QB. I'm sure the Dolphins will find a good QB to replace Marino any day now. The Bills have already found an heir to Kelly - maybe. And Garoppolo is going to be the next Montana, right?
I think those calling for their heads has a lot to do with the contract they signed. You have to be absolutely elite to live up to that big contract and I don't think anybody outside of Russ and Mahomes are worth paying up for.
Team 1: 14 team dynasty, 25 man roster, keep 14
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, D/ST, K, DL, LB, DE
QB: Ryan, Mayfield
RB: Barkley, CEH, Kelley, Ahmed, Snell
WR: OBJ, Evans, Juju, Moore, Jeudy, Reagor, Corey Davis, Cooks
TE: Kittle, L. Thomas
K: Butker
D/ST: Browns, Bears
DL: Buckner
LB: Kendricks
DB: B. Baker

Team 2: 12 team PPR Salary Cap
QB: Watson, Goff
RB: Barkley, CEH, Gibson, Howard, Perine, Lewis, Ozigbo
WR: Hill, Allen, Boyd, Landry, Sims, DJax, Hamler, Westbrook
TE: Schultz, Ebron, Thomas, Keene, Jarwin
K: Tucker
D/ST: Steelers, Bills
Taxi: Lock, Bryce Love, Higgins

Team 3: 12 team SF
QB: Wentz, Mayfield, Love
RB: AP, Lewis, Perine, JJ Taylor, Vaughn, Mack
WR: Jeudy, Jeffrey, P Williams, Mooney, Cephus, Fitz, Gandy-Golden, Hightower, Swain, Bisi Johnson, Tate
TE: Doyle, Smith, Trautman, Keene, Warring

User avatar
YouMightDieTryin
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:43 am

BlackOmega wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:10 am
If Saquon is out for the season the sneaky add may be Leake, you may even be able to add him before waivers if you hurry
He was waived 23 days ago? You think he's going to be signed and then moved to RB1? He's not James Robinson!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], jjleurquin, Londondynasty and 4 guests