Rookie stock watch

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Rookie stock watch

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:25 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:20 pm
murphysxm wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:12 am I think it is a tad unrealistic to judge rookies this early when they had an abbreviated off season and no preseason. I am mostly just looking at useage. That atleast tells me what the staff thinks of the talent
Agreed. I don’t believe the coaches made Akers the starter and gave him 14 carries for no reason. There has to be at least some level of faith/trust in him to do that in game 1 of his career with a limited offseason. They certainly never showed rhat kind of confidence in Henderson. It’s still a wait and see situation for me.
You think Akers would have displaced Gurley?

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:03 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:25 pm
PR0v3 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:20 pm
murphysxm wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:12 am I think it is a tad unrealistic to judge rookies this early when they had an abbreviated off season and no preseason. I am mostly just looking at useage. That atleast tells me what the staff thinks of the talent
Agreed. I don’t believe the coaches made Akers the starter and gave him 14 carries for no reason. There has to be at least some level of faith/trust in him to do that in game 1 of his career with a limited offseason. They certainly never showed th kind of confidence in Henderson. It’s still a wait and see situation for me.
You think Akers would have displaced Gurley?
I don’t know, I don’t know if Akers is good or not. I think if they liked Henderson though they would have at least given him some playing time last year. Based on Akers’ week one role they clearly aren’t afraid of giving an inexperienced rookie RB some action. I think it’s clear there is a different level of confidence/expectation with Akers vs. Henderson, so despite the week 1 performance I think he at least has that going for him.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:03 pm I don’t know, I don’t know if Akers is good or not.
Like every year, it'll be great to look back and see all the hits and busts in the 1st round, and especially the metric ton of busts in all the other rookie rounds.

Akers is one of several 1st rounders I had my eye on, just missed out on him by one pick, so very curious to see how his career goes.

Getting harder and harder to miss out on 1st round rookie RBs and compete at that position. Puts playoff-caliber fantasy teams in a tough spot as far maintaining any strength there long-term.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:24 pm

QB: Burrow looked nice. Meeting expectations.

Tua: I think he only sees the field if the fins are out of the playoffs and this year one extra team makes it. If they get a bad start through 6 games I think they to to tua.

Herbert: I don't think we see him this year.

Love: well then. If rodgers is going to do that, it's going to be a long wait for him. Still worth it in deep SF leagues.

RBs
CEH: disappointed to not see him more in the passing game. Happy that he got so many yards, hopefully my he can get in on goaline work. Overall met expectations. Youth and situation makes him a late first startup pick for me, but wouldn't be surprised if next year he is 1.01.

While I have the chance, minor rant here. After one game people are ready to throw CEH into the upper level of RBs (Barkley, CMC). I just don't get it. We knew he had the draft pedigree, the talent, and the situation (KC and with D Williams sitting out). Wasn't his production in game #1 more or less expected? He put up one game of good numbers. He had not yet shown the receiving ability of cmc or the lable of generational talent as Barkley. I think talking of him as the 1.01 in startups right now is a mistake, let him put a season together first.

JT: passing work looked great. Mack injury is going to cement him as the RB1 on that team this year and in the future. Stock rising a bit just because of Mack injury and passing work. With what rivers and the LAC O-line could do for ekler, imagine what it could do for JT. Somewhat regretting trading away one of my two shares of him (sent him straight up for Cook).

Dobbins: well I love the goal line work, especially on that team. Ingram looked pedestrian and Edwards I don't think is anything special. Again I think Dobbins will keep the goaline work and get more and more if the other work. Arrow pointing up for me, if not this year, definitely next year.

Swift:
Imagine if he caught that ball. Receiving work looks great. I think AP was brought in to take early down work at the beginning of the season due to swift's leg injury in camp and KJ not staying healthy. Also I think he could be a good mentor for swift. I think swift will continue to get passing down work making him startable in ppr leagues and again late this season and next year I see him taking on a 3 down back role with KJ backing him up.

Akers: as I was getting closer and closer than the season akers was slipping down my draft board. At first I considered the first 5 to be all rbs with akers the 5th one. As the regular season approached I moved several wrs ahead of him. I'm a little down on him, but if the LAR passing game can continue to improve I think it will open up running opportunities.

Wrs:
I like them all. Some of them had more success than others, some due to talent others due to opportunity. Unless I see healthy wrs sitting or a wr blowing up with targets and receptions my opinion doesn't really change much.

TEs:
Well we knew this wasnt an amazing te class. Unless I'm in a 2 te league I'm not going to worry about these guys.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:17 pm

abloom wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:24 pm QB: Burrow looked nice. Meeting expectations.
RBs

JT: passing work looked great. Mack injury is going to cement him as the RB1 on that team this year and in the future. Stock rising a bit just because of Mack injury and passing work. With what rivers and the LAC O-line could do for ekler, imagine what it could do for JT. Somewhat regretting trading away one of my two shares of him (sent him straight up for Cook).

Dobbins: well I love the goal line work, especially on that team. Ingram looked pedestrian and Edwards I don't think is anything special. Again I think Dobbins will keep the goaline work and get more and more if the other work. Arrow pointing up for me, if not this year, definitely next year.

Akers: as I was getting closer and closer than the season akers was slipping down my draft board. At first I considered the first 5 to be all rbs with akers the 5th one. As the regular season approached I moved several wrs ahead of him. I'm a little down on him, but if the LAR passing game can continue to improve I think it will open up running opportunities.
Burrow's involvement in the rushing game was a good sign for his future value. He maintained his lofty expectations and it looks like he's going to be fairly involved as a rusher as well.

I will say that his arm-strength was somewhat disappointing.

JT: The biggest rookie mover for me. He showed a lot of wiggle (one of the knocks people had against him coming in) and his involvement in the passing game this early on in his career was a very pleasant surprise. Some people might say I'm jumping the gun after his 2 ypc, but he has the look of a league winner.

Akers: Disappointing to see him so badly outplayed by career JAG Malcolm Brown. But he did flash some potential and the Rams seemed committed to giving him the opportunity to seize this backfield despite not much production. Overall, his floor looks lower than before; but given the utilization of RBs in this offense I'd say his ceiling this year is much higher than a lot of people expected. We'll see where he ends up on this spectrum, but I'm cautiously optimistic he'll figure things out.

Dobbins: Another big mover. Did not expect him to be this involved so early on in the year... he actually outsnapped Mark Ingram (39% to 36%)! I was always high on his longterm value with BAL and Lamar Jackson.. but it looks like he's going to have an expedited path to playing time.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:59 pm

Moss is splitting time with Singletary despite the latter’s statement made in the back half of last year. Coaches see something they really like. That ought to push him up the chart a little.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:34 pm

I just moved Akers. Got him fairly cheap in an auction, but not big on him. Some good clips from Nick Whalen showing some of his issues. The vision has always concerned me, and on one run, he missed getting outside for more yards quite easily. The way he carried the ball off tackle, with the ball in his wrong hand, is Pop Warner stuff. Could have had the ball knocked out by his own lineman, there. He's a raw talent, I just have and have always had doubts about his feel for the game.

https://twitter.com/_NickWhalen/status/ ... 3918771206
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:34 pm I just moved Akers. Got him fairly cheap in an auction, but not big on him. Some good clips from Nick Whalen showing some of his issues. The vision has always concerned me, and on one run, he missed getting outside for more yards quite easily. The way he carried the ball off tackle, with the ball in his wrong hand, is Pop Warner stuff. Could have had the ball knocked out by his own lineman, there. He's a raw talent, I just have and have always had doubts about his feel for the game.

Curious - what'd you get for Akers?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:51 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:49 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:34 pm I just moved Akers. Got him fairly cheap in an auction, but not big on him. Some good clips from Nick Whalen showing some of his issues. The vision has always concerned me, and on one run, he missed getting outside for more yards quite easily. The way he carried the ball off tackle, with the ball in his wrong hand, is Pop Warner stuff. Could have had the ball knocked out by his own lineman, there. He's a raw talent, I just have and have always had doubts about his feel for the game.

Curious - what'd you get for Akers?
It's a free league, I sold "low", but again, got him fairly cheap in an auction. Sold Akers, 2021 2nd for Gibson and a 2022 first and 4th. I'm fine with it. Gibson's value has risen from May, due to Guice and AP being cut. Similar draft capital to Akers. I like Gibson as a playmaker, 12-15 touch type guy, though not a lead back. Didn't have him anywhere, passed on him for Edwards in the only league I had a shot on him with a pick that was a reasonable time to take him.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:47 pm

Josh Kelley looks pretty damn established in that LAC RB room.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:16 pm

M-Dub wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:42 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:11 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:37 am Credit where it's due, it's obv early but MikeH,the artist formerly known as MeUraH (sp?), seems to have nailed Henderson and now Akers. He was far below consensus on both.
mike hunt?
:roll:

Don’t you have some pre-algebra homework to finish up?
I'll get to it after you take that stick out of your arse.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:19 pm

It seems the death notice for Darrell Henderson's career came a tad too early.

Better luck next time.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:34 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:47 pm Josh Kelley looks pretty damn established in that LAC RB room.
He looks like a solid RB2 this year with TD upside. He has been the biggest rookie surprise so far through 2 games for me.

Darnell Mooney is someone that should probably be picked up as an end of bench flier if he isn't rostered already. I didn't know anything about him until talking to a Bears fan last week, but he is 2nd in receptions on the Bears (only 6, but still second), ran a 4.38, and had a breakout age of 18.9.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:27 am

Well, he's not coming back this year. So either your team should...

1. Take a down year. Maybe if you had some other tough injuries, you just fully embrace it. Even buy low on other injured players if possible. Get a higher pick and reload for next year.

2. Maybe you have enough depth and want to compete. You could try and trade picks and other players to try and fill Barkley's spot on the team

3. I don't recommend this but if you don't have enough depth and want to compete... Then you sell Saquon for a similar piece. Maybe that's Zeke, Kanata, JT or CEH... No one is giving up CMC, unless his injury is far worse than expected... And then getting any other RB straight up, I think is losing value.

I just don't see the scenario where a rebuilding owner would give a lesser player, say Mixon, plus their 1st (which would likely be high and fairly valuable) to acquire Saquon.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:33 am

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:34 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:47 pm Josh Kelley looks pretty damn established in that LAC RB room.
He looks like a solid RB2 this year with TD upside. He has been the biggest rookie surprise so far through 2 games for me.
He was my rb6 this year after the big 5. I sold high, but may not have been high enough. :doh:
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06