Rookie stock watch

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Re: Rookie stock watch

Postby Chwf3rd » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:55 am

remedy29 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:10 pm Is Harris Bryant worth a mention for stock up?
He is basically a starter in Cleveland's 2 TE offense, in my opinion has outplayed Njoku and likely supplanted him in the TE rotation. His blocking has been great for a run heavy team and he has contributed with a catch in every game with 1 TD and off a 4-37 game, 3rd on the team in receiving yards, in his last game.
I thought TEs we're supposed to have the hardest learning curve for any skill position player? He has contributed since day 1 for a winning football team.
Granted his stats are not fantasy worthy yet, but this kid is going to be a good TE in dynasty.
Good mention. He got a ton of TC hype (voted best rookie by the beat writers), getting a lot of playing time, and looks pretty good. Really good stash and may be my TE1 in this class (albeit not much competition).
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:09 am

QB

Looks like a great class so far. Both Burrow and Herbert have looked great. I was expecting Burrow to look good (maybe even better than he is) and Herbert has looked like a future star so far. Still waiting for Tua who should get in there within the next few weeks plus there are some intriguing long term guys who are good buy lows in Jordan Love and Jalen Hurts. Looks like a really good class.

RB

Great class although hasn't completely lived up to the hype. CEH is the clear #1 to me. While he hasn't looked phenomenal, he's a great fit in that scheme and should finish as a RB1. Taylor is next up but he's been a little disappointing compared to the massive hype. Opportunity and talent are still there. The next tier in the preseason big 5 have been disappointing although I'd consider all three great buy lows. Dobbins and Swift have looked good in their limited opportunities and Akers has been unavailable with the ribs injury. Think all three take over by the end of the year. This class has also had some big hits beyond the top guys in James Robinson and Antonio Gibson and either could easily finish as a the top RB in this class when it's done. Joshua Kelley is someone who has offered immediate value, especially with Ekeler's injury, but I don't trust him long term. I'm still holding AJ Dillon and Zack Moss but giving up on KeShawn Vaughn.

Some disappointment relative to the crazy hype of the "top 5" but class is looking great.

WR

Completely living up to the hype so far, looks like the best WR class since 2014. I'd say there's a clear top 6 right now that all look like potential studs - (1) CD Lamb, (2) Jerry Jeudy, (3) Justin Jefferson, (4) Brandon Aiyuk, (5) Tee Higgins, (6) Laviska Shenault. Reagor and Ruggs could easily join that group but they've been out with injuries. There have been some intriguing later round guys as well in Claypool, Gabe Davis, and Darnell Mooney. Hamler, Edwards, and Jefferson have flashed as well. Safe to say that if you took one of the R1/R2 WRs you're feeling pretty good right now with the exception of Pittman and Mims. Nothing that Pittman or Mims have necessarily done wrong just that you probably passed on one of the above options.

TE

Just like we thought, it looks like a terrible class. The one guy who's stood out to me is Harrison Bryant. Nonetheless, difficult to judge rookie TEs given the long learning curve but I'm still not feeling very optimistic.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:23 am

blemly wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:47 pm
remedy29 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:10 pm Is Harris Bryant worth a mention for stock up?
He is basically a starter in Cleveland's 2 TE offense, in my opinion has outplayed Njoku and likely supplanted him in the TE rotation. His blocking has been great for a run heavy team and he has contributed with a catch in every game with 1 TD and off a 4-37 game, 3rd on the team in receiving yards, in his last game.
I thought TEs we're supposed to have the hardest learning curve for any skill position player? He has contributed since day 1 for a winning football team.
Granted his stats are not fantasy worthy yet, but this kid is going to be a good TE in dynasty.
Pretty easy to outplay someone that’s on short-term IR. I thought Njoku looked very good during week 1 and he’s still very far ahead of Bryant for me when he returns.
^ x2, but with all the ups and downs for Njoku in Cleveland and now the emergence of Bryant and investment in Hooper I think it's inevitable Njoku is traded, which would be a good thing at this point.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:08 am

So i was skeptical of this class at first because i just hate falling into the hype trap on these boards. BUT after week 4 of this season and currently rebuilding i have totally bought in. I have 5 2020 rookies that i either drafted or acquired through trades, Swift, Gibson, Justin Jefferson, Pittman and Mims. Im pretty pumped for my teams future with this guys and DK Metcalf. Seems a lot to be hopeful for.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:22 pm

Love the WRs. So happy to have shares of Jeudy, Lamb, and Jefferson.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:14 pm

Traded Mecole for Higgins in the offseason. Mecole got shuffled around and I was able to trade Jordan Howard to get him back. One of my better dynasty moves.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:40 am

MFundercover wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:14 pm Traded Mecole for Higgins in the offseason. Mecole got shuffled around and I was able to trade Jordan Howard to get him back. One of my better dynasty moves.
Nice. I was big on Howard and he has been a bust.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:55 pm

Chwf3rd wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:09 am QB

Looks like a great class so far. Both Burrow and Herbert have looked great. I was expecting Burrow to look good (maybe even better than he is) and Herbert has looked like a future star so far. Still waiting for Tua who should get in there within the next few weeks plus there are some intriguing long term guys who are good buy lows in Jordan Love and Jalen Hurts. Looks like a really good class.

RB

Great class although hasn't completely lived up to the hype. CEH is the clear #1 to me. While he hasn't looked phenomenal, he's a great fit in that scheme and should finish as a RB1. Taylor is next up but he's been a little disappointing compared to the massive hype. Opportunity and talent are still there. The next tier in the preseason big 5 have been disappointing although I'd consider all three great buy lows. Dobbins and Swift have looked good in their limited opportunities and Akers has been unavailable with the ribs injury. Think all three take over by the end of the year. This class has also had some big hits beyond the top guys in James Robinson and Antonio Gibson and either could easily finish as a the top RB in this class when it's done. Joshua Kelley is someone who has offered immediate value, especially with Ekeler's injury, but I don't trust him long term. I'm still holding AJ Dillon and Zack Moss but giving up on KeShawn Vaughn.

Some disappointment relative to the crazy hype of the "top 5" but class is looking great.

WR

Completely living up to the hype so far, looks like the best WR class since 2014. I'd say there's a clear top 6 right now that all look like potential studs - (1) CD Lamb, (2) Jerry Jeudy, (3) Justin Jefferson, (4) Brandon Aiyuk, (5) Tee Higgins, (6) Laviska Shenault. Reagor and Ruggs could easily join that group but they've been out with injuries. There have been some intriguing later round guys as well in Claypool, Gabe Davis, and Darnell Mooney. Hamler, Edwards, and Jefferson have flashed as well. Safe to say that if you took one of the R1/R2 WRs you're feeling pretty good right now with the exception of Pittman and Mims. Nothing that Pittman or Mims have necessarily done wrong just that you probably passed on one of the above options.

TE

Just like we thought, it looks like a terrible class. The one guy who's stood out to me is Harrison Bryant. Nonetheless, difficult to judge rookie TEs given the long learning curve but I'm still not feeling very optimistic.
I find it hard to rank these guys after only 4 weeks.

QB: Tua hasn't played yet, neither has Jordan Love or Jalen Hurts (although I'd understand pushing Love down to lower expected opportunity given Rodger's resurgence).

RB: All of these guys are still finding their groove. Not much has changed since draft day.

WR: We have Lamb and Jefferson already breaking out... but I really don't understand why everyone is so high on Jeudy? He hasn't done a whole lot with his opportunities, and has been outplayed by Tim Patrick, so far. For me he's still in that tier of WR's who have flashed but haven't broken out yet.

I also find it hard to right off Pittman and Mims at this point seeing as we've seen very little of him. Remember that Jefferson through two weeks only had 5 receptions for 70ish yards.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:01 pm

Jeudy is still on pace for nearly 1,000 yards. Thats quite good for a rookie.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:19 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:55 pm I also find it hard to right off Pittman and Mims at this point seeing as we've seen very little of him. Remember that Jefferson through two weeks only had 5 receptions for 70ish yards.
Both of these guys (and Reagor) should have much better '21s. This year, not so much, which I expected with Mims but not with Pittman.

Surprised Pittman didn't do much before getting hurt - he actually played - while Mims has to get on the field, and likely won't until Darnold - and not Flacco - is his QB... this year.

Overall all though, lots of decent to good play so far for the rooks. The busts are coming and already on the horizon, but that's true every year.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:58 pm

Unrelated, but man, Joe Burrow actually seems like he might be a chill dude.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:03 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:55 pm
I also find it hard to right off Pittman and Mims at this point seeing as we've seen very little of him. Remember that Jefferson through two weeks only had 5 receptions for 70ish yards.
Bingo. This WR class so far has been as good as advertised so far, and that's with an abbreviated offseason.

If anything, people should be snooping around looking to buy affordably on other rookie WRs who haven't flashed yet: Pittman, Mims, Edwards, Reagor, Hamler....there is talent all over this class.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:26 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:55 pm
Chwf3rd wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:09 am QB

RB

WR

TE

I find it hard to rank these guys after only 4 weeks.

QB: Tua hasn't played yet, neither has Jordan Love or Jalen Hurts (although I'd understand pushing Love down to lower expected opportunity given Rodger's resurgence).

RB: All of these guys are still finding their groove. Not much has changed since draft day.

WR: We have Lamb and Jefferson already breaking out... but I really don't understand why everyone is so high on Jeudy? He hasn't done a whole lot with his opportunities, and has been outplayed by Tim Patrick, so far. For me he's still in that tier of WR's who have flashed but haven't broken out yet.

Regarding Jeudy, he's on pace for 112 targets, 60 catches, 936 yards, and 4 TDs. That's a very impressive rookie season, especially considering half of his games have been with Jeff Driskel and Brett Rypien. Have Lamb and Jeudy swap teams and I don't think the production changes.

Beyond production, Jeudy has looked just like we thought he did - great YAC, incredibly smooth, great route running, and ability to get open with ease.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:18 am

Now all Jeudy needs to do is actually catch the ball. Lucky for him concentration drops from a rookie WR aren’t really a major concern.

Gibson is shooting up for me. Really liked him predraft and have loved how WFT is easing him into the RB role and starting to split him out wide to run routes. That type of versatility and chunk play ability is “so hot right now” in the NFL and he is the poster boy for big plays. If they give him 12-15 carries and another 5-7 targets each game you’re going to see Gibson with Miles Sanders rookie year numbers and the 2020 offseason hype will be out of control.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:23 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:58 pm Unrelated, but man, Joe Burrow actually seems like he might be a chill dude.
Yeah, I like Joe.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick