If Brady falters in T.B?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
YouMightDieTryin
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: If Brady falters in T.B?

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:40 pm

You poke the goat in the button and the horns are going to come out.

Honestly though this a majority on TB. The INT where Evans stops was on Evans and miscommunication. But, the INT on the shoulder of Watson wasn't even close to where it should've been. A few other errant passes that were nowhere near the target. This falls on TB12. He has to clean it up and get better sync with his teammates. Edelman and White aren't there to bail him out anymore.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Brady, Mayfield
RB: Saquon, Elliott, CEH, K.Hunt, Malcolm Brown, Justin Jackson,
WR: DJ Moore, OBJ, Kupp, B.Cooks, D.Parker, Jeudy, Pittman, Shenault, B. Edwards, ESB, Scotty Miller, Sims Jr
TE: H.Henry, C.Herndon, I Smith Jr, Shultz
Taxi: T.Johnson, Herbert
2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
:dance:

Yarnith
Captain
Captain
Posts: 850
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 10:31 am

Re: If Brady falters in T.B?

Postby Yarnith » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:17 pm

Brady has always been a system QB and Arians a marginal HC with a super aggressive system. At the end of the day Arians isn't good enough to hide Bradys flaws and Brady isn't good enough to overcome Arians poor decisions. Expect the turnovers to keep coming but the TD's will come up some too.
12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex


QB: J. Allen, J. Goff, D. Haskins

RB: E. Elliott, A. Kamara, CEH. J. Taylor, B. Love, D. Dallas, D. Guice, R. Calais, D. Washington

WR: A. Cooper, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Schuster, D. Slayton, P. Williams, R. Woods, H. Ruggs, D. Mims, T. Smith, KJ Hamler

TE: H. Henry, G. Kittle, I. Thomas

2021 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th x3

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4553
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: If Brady falters in T.B?

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:28 pm

Tampa isn't the well oiled *coached* machine that NE is. It's a weapons upgrade offensively, but the Bucs had a ton of penalties and were piss poor on special teams. New players and system aside, that alone is going to be a big adjustment for Brady.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19 Champion

QB: Tannehill, Brees
RB: Kamara, CMC, Sanders, Davis, Murray, Scott
WR: Julio, Hill, KA, Hamler
TE: Kelce, Kittle

millworkguy
Starter
Starter
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:09 pm
Location: Right here

Re: If Brady falters in T.B?

Postby millworkguy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:14 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:39 am
What does Arians expect to gain by throwing TB under the bus publicly?
Fire him up a bit, competitive spirit?
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:24 pm

Re: If Brady falters in T.B?

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:50 pm

I wouldn't panic. I do agree that Brees didn't look too good either but he's been a check down machine for years now.
Brady obviously has taken something off his throws too but I think both of these guys are top-15 options while no longer elite.
Keep in mind that Evans was basically out there as a decoy all game with a bum hamstring & I actually think Gronk is straight up done.... late career Jason Witten had more spring in his step. The defense basically had to key on just Godwin and the game was won right there.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:30 am

Re: If Brady falters in T.B?

Postby DynoScout » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:02 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:40 pm
You poke the goat in the button and the horns are going to come out.

Honestly though this a majority on TB. The INT where Evans stops was on Evans and miscommunication. But, the INT on the shoulder of Watson wasn't even close to where it should've been. A few other errant passes that were nowhere near the target. This falls on TB12. He has to clean it up and get better sync with his teammates. Edelman and White aren't there to bail him out anymore.
If I understood Arians' post-game comments well, the Evans pick was a miscommunication but the poor read was on Brady, not the other way around. Granted, maybe I misunderstood.

Watching live it looked like a coverage the receiver would sit down in, as opposed to run through. So I thought Evans did the right thing, and maybe that has me biased and listening for something after the game that wasn't actually said.

I had the game on mute and didn't listen to the broadcast, so don't know if they broke down the play in great detail. If they did I would assume Aikman put it on Evans, fwiw.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5338
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: If Brady falters in T.B?

Postby ericanadian » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:14 pm

This was never a good fit as Brady has generally been heavily reliant on short, high efficiency passes to the slot, TE and RB. Arians likes the deep ball.

That said, this wouldnt be the first season where Brady looked average in the first game, only to turn it around down the stretch, so I wouldnt count him out yet.

Personally, this feels a lot like Philly trying to assemble a dream team in Andy Reid’s second to last season and I don’t envision it ending well regardless of whether or not Brady gets it together.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Tannehill, Mariota
RB - Gordon, Cook, Penny, Guice, Harris, Laird, Love
WR - Julio, C. Davis, AJ Brown, Samuel, Washington, Di. Johnson, Isabella
TE - Henry, Andrews
LB - Kuechly, R. Smith
DL - Hunter, Armstead, Quinn
DB - D. James, Baker, Edmunds
K - Just a stupid kicker

steelman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2926
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: If Brady falters in T.B?

Postby steelman » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:26 pm

ericanadian wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:14 pm
This was never a good fit as Brady has generally been heavily reliant on short, high efficiency passes to the slot, TE and RB. Arians likes the deep ball.

That said, this wouldnt be the first season where Brady looked average in the first game, only to turn it around down the stretch, so I wouldnt count him out yet.

Personally, this feels a lot like Philly trying to assemble a dream team in Andy Reid’s second to last season and I don’t envision it ending well regardless of whether or not Brady gets it together.
I agree that it's a terrible fit. Arians is extremely stubborn and it will be some time and possibly numerous losses before he even considers adjusting anything.

I think he's a very overrated coach.

User avatar
MucBuc
Captain
Captain
Posts: 762
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:50 am

Re: If Brady falters in T.B?

Postby MucBuc » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:53 am

FWIW, here's a breakdown of each of the 8 deep balls Brady threw in the game:
https://www.pewterreport.com/bradys-dee ... bucs-loss/

Seems like his arm is still good enough, so things should improve over the course of the season.
It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3706
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: If Brady falters in T.B?

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:19 am

ericanadian wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:14 pm
This was never a good fit as Brady has generally been heavily reliant on short, high efficiency passes to the slot, TE and RB. Arians likes the deep ball.

That said, this wouldnt be the first season where Brady looked average in the first game, only to turn it around down the stretch, so I wouldnt count him out yet.

Personally, this feels a lot like Philly trying to assemble a dream team in Andy Reid’s second to last season and I don’t envision it ending well regardless of whether or not Brady gets it together.
I think Brady's tendency toward a short, high efficiency game is more due to the makeup of the Patriots roster. When he had a healthy Gronk & Randy Moss, it was bombs away. The Patriots have missed on many WR draft picks along the way, so I think it's Brady & Belichick adapting to the realities of their team.

This Tampa team has great receiving options, so I'd expect Arians to still get his way and have more shots downfield. The Saints have a great defense and Evans was playing hurt, so I wouldn't assume week 1 is the norm.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Patsfan86
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:28 am

Re: If Brady falters in T.B?

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:25 pm

I am just SOOOO happy this was a total disaster. Brady did a lot for the Pats but eff him now. He should have had the guts to stick it out and retire a Patriot, he had it great with Bill even if Bill is a jerk. I hope Brady fails miserably. Bill has always and will always be the guy. #bitter #CAM

abloom
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5359
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:33 am

Re: If Brady falters in T.B?

Postby abloom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:27 pm

Patsfan86 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:25 pm
I am just SOOOO happy this was a total disaster. Brady did a lot for the Pats but eff him now. He should have had the guts to stick it out and retire a Patriot, he had it great with Bill even if Bill is a jerk. I hope Brady fails miserably. Bill has always and will always be the guy. #bitter #CAM
You do realize now he's going to go out and score 4+ tds right?
Dynasty Team #1: 6-5 (7th place)
2019 2nd Place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Wentz,Tannehill, Bridgewater
R: CMC,Taylor,Robinson,Fournette,Peterson
W: Evans,Edelman,Cobb,Davis,Mooney,Lazard(IR),Cole
T: Goedert(IR),Henry,Bryant,Dissly
D: NE,BAL
K: Bullock

2021 Picks: 1,2,4,5,6,7
---
Dynasty Team #2: 11-0 (1st place-Clinched 1st round bye)
2019 3rd place
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Wilson, Murray, Cousins, Trubisky
R: Cook, Dobbins, Swift, Monty, Michel(IR), Mattison
W: Nuk, Godwin, Metcalf, K Allen, Edwards, AB, Sutton(IR)
T: Kelce, Everett
K: Tucker
D: PIT

2021 picks: 1,1,4,4,5,6,7
---
DLF advice forum league: 2-9 (12th place)
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes ,Tua, Mullens, Love, Flacco, Hoyer, Rypien, Bethard
R: Michel, Moss, Hyde, Bernard, Richard, Darrel Williams, Damien Williams, C Thompson
W: Juju, Cooper, Allen, Sanders, D Moore
T: Schultz, Doyle, Asiasi, Thomas

2021 Picks: 1,1,1,2,3,4,4,4

Patsfan86
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:28 am

Re: If Brady falters in T.B?

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:37 pm

abloom wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:27 pm
Patsfan86 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:25 pm
I am just SOOOO happy this was a total disaster. Brady did a lot for the Pats but eff him now. He should have had the guts to stick it out and retire a Patriot, he had it great with Bill even if Bill is a jerk. I hope Brady fails miserably. Bill has always and will always be the guy. #bitter #CAM
You do realize now he's going to go out and score 4+ tds right?
Who Cam? Definitely :D :D :D :D :D

abloom
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5359
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:33 am

Re: If Brady falters in T.B?

Postby abloom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:17 pm

Patsfan86 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:37 pm
abloom wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:27 pm
Patsfan86 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:25 pm
I am just SOOOO happy this was a total disaster. Brady did a lot for the Pats but eff him now. He should have had the guts to stick it out and retire a Patriot, he had it great with Bill even if Bill is a jerk. I hope Brady fails miserably. Bill has always and will always be the guy. #bitter #CAM
You do realize now he's going to go out and score 4+ tds right?
Who Cam? Definitely :D :D :D :D :D
It's just getting worse and worse. Now Brady will score 4+ and cam score nothing... Thanks a lot...
Dynasty Team #1: 6-5 (7th place)
2019 2nd Place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Wentz,Tannehill, Bridgewater
R: CMC,Taylor,Robinson,Fournette,Peterson
W: Evans,Edelman,Cobb,Davis,Mooney,Lazard(IR),Cole
T: Goedert(IR),Henry,Bryant,Dissly
D: NE,BAL
K: Bullock

2021 Picks: 1,2,4,5,6,7
---
Dynasty Team #2: 11-0 (1st place-Clinched 1st round bye)
2019 3rd place
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Wilson, Murray, Cousins, Trubisky
R: Cook, Dobbins, Swift, Monty, Michel(IR), Mattison
W: Nuk, Godwin, Metcalf, K Allen, Edwards, AB, Sutton(IR)
T: Kelce, Everett
K: Tucker
D: PIT

2021 picks: 1,1,4,4,5,6,7
---
DLF advice forum league: 2-9 (12th place)
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes ,Tua, Mullens, Love, Flacco, Hoyer, Rypien, Bethard
R: Michel, Moss, Hyde, Bernard, Richard, Darrel Williams, Damien Williams, C Thompson
W: Juju, Cooper, Allen, Sanders, D Moore
T: Schultz, Doyle, Asiasi, Thomas

2021 Picks: 1,1,1,2,3,4,4,4

millworkguy
Starter
Starter
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:09 pm
Location: Right here

Re: If Brady falters in T.B?

Postby millworkguy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:25 pm

Patsfan86 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:25 pm
#bitter
Gotta open the box, and ask why?

His contract was up, he went elsewhere.

Have you never left a job for a different opportunity? Does everyone you previously worked with get to run around telling you off, and how you left them?
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jizz in my pants and 8 guests