Questionable Trade?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
SoShady
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2320
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Questionable Trade?

Postby SoShady » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:22 am

Had this come across my commish desk late last night. What do you guys think of this?

Team A Trades

Zeke, Sutton and 2021 3rd

Team B Trades
Cohen, E Sanders, 2021 1st and 2021 2nd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Questionable Trade?

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:28 am

This trade is "So Shady". That's collusion, or one owner is completely incompetent, and will drag the league down. I am not for vetoes, but this needs to be addressed. Are either of the owners new? What is their track record. You need an explanation from Team A. Also, figure out who sent the offer. It's egregious. You definitely need to step in and investigate. What do your bylaws state about this type of thing?

This is the value of about, what 5 firsts for 1 and 3/4's or so?

User avatar
SoShady
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2320
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Re: Questionable Trade?

Postby SoShady » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:41 am

Team A joined the league less than 24 hours ago. He was already in two other leagues I run on flea. But I did not invite him into this league. I don't like that they allow anyone to invite a new owner.

Team B was the proposer after team A said he would trade anyone but Barkley on entering the league. Team B is entering the second year in the league. While it's the 5th year for the league.

I put trades through when I see them. Very few times over the years I need to step in and cancel a trade. It normally causes a couple angry owners. So I wanted to make sure I wasn't being heavy-handed.

User avatar
BlackOmega
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1448
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Re: Questionable Trade?

Postby BlackOmega » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:01 am

SoShady wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:41 am
Team A joined the league less than 24 hours ago. He was already in two other leagues I run on flea. But I did not invite him into this league. I don't like that they allow anyone to invite a new owner.

Team B was the proposer after team A said he would trade anyone but Barkley on entering the league. Team B is entering the second year in the league. While it's the 5th year for the league.

I put trades through when I see them. Very few times over the years I need to step in and cancel a trade. It normally causes a couple angry owners. So I wanted to make sure I wasn't being heavy-handed.
As an aside in regards to invites on flea, you can change the settings to only allow the commish/co-commish to invite people so you can vet people before they join. In a case like this if you really feel it necessary to veto the trade {and I don't believe in vetoes myself}, you may want to simply tell owner A, "thanks but no thanks" and send him packing as he is just chum in the water for the sharks in your league

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8749
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Questionable Trade?

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:09 am

Did team B invite team A?
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones
RB: JT, Mostert, Gaskin, Dillon, Mattison, Snell, McKissic
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston (IR), Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.05-1.10, 2, 3

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Minshew, Trubisky
RB: Saquon (IR), Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, Penny (IR), Snell, Wilkins
WR: AJB, DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, C. Samuel, Mooney, Lazard, G. Davis
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Irv, Tonyan
2021: 1.03, 2, 2, 3, 3
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

CGW
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1885
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Questionable Trade?

Postby CGW » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:37 am

Brutal trade. I'm not for vetoing in dynasty, but this is bad. It's an obvious case of either collusion or an owner that has zero idea what they are doing and shouldn't have been added to the league.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Flacco, Walker
RB | CEH, Taylor, Gaskin, Singletary, Wilkins, Ahmed
WR | Adams, Evans, Golladay, Cooper, D. Johnson, Miller, G. Davis, Mooney, Pascal
TE | Andrews, Alie-Cox, Rodgers

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Minshew, Tagovailoa
RB | Montgomery, Singletary, Murray, R. Jones, Dobbins, Swift, Vaughn
WR | Godwin, AJ Brown, Lamb, M. Brown, D. Johnson, Slayton, Aiyuk, Reynolds, Fulgham, Peoples-Jones, Mooney
TE | Andrews, Henry, Herndon, Sample

12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Wilson, Darnold, Trubisky, Fromme, Smith, Flacco
RB | Guice, Hines, Penny, Henderson, Wilkins
WR | Evans, Golladay, Ridley, Kupp, D. Johnson, Pittman, Fulgham, Mooney, Ward, T. Smith, Zaccheus
TE | Ertz, Herndon, Sternberger, L. Thomas

jenkins.math
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1236
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:56 am

Re: Questionable Trade?

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:24 am

CGW wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:37 am
Brutal trade. I'm not for vetoing in dynasty, but this is bad. It's an obvious case of either collusion or an owner that has zero idea what they are doing and shouldn't have been added to the league.
x2
Team 1: 14 team dynasty, 25 man roster, keep 14
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, D/ST, K, DL, LB, DE
QB: Ryan, Mayfield
RB: Barkley, CEH, Kelley, Ahmed, Snell
WR: OBJ, Evans, Juju, Moore, Jeudy, Reagor, Corey Davis, Cooks
TE: Kittle, L. Thomas
K: Butker
D/ST: Browns, Bears
DL: Buckner
LB: Kendricks
DB: B. Baker

Team 2: 12 team PPR Salary Cap
QB: Watson, Goff
RB: Barkley, CEH, Gibson, Howard, Perine, Lewis, Ozigbo
WR: Hill, Allen, Boyd, Landry, Sims, DJax, Hamler, Westbrook
TE: Schultz, Ebron, Thomas, Keene, Jarwin
K: Tucker
D/ST: Steelers, Bills
Taxi: Lock, Bryce Love, Higgins

Team 3: 12 team SF
QB: Wentz, Mayfield, Love
RB: AP, Lewis, Perine, JJ Taylor, Vaughn, Mack
WR: Jeudy, Jeffrey, P Williams, Mooney, Cephus, Fitz, Gandy-Golden, Hightower, Swain, Bisi Johnson, Tate
TE: Doyle, Smith, Trautman, Keene, Warring

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Questionable Trade?

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:30 am

SoShady wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:41 am
Team A joined the league less than 24 hours ago. He was already in two other leagues I run on flea. But I did not invite him into this league. I don't like that they allow anyone to invite a new owner.

Team B was the proposer after team A said he would trade anyone but Barkley on entering the league. Team B is entering the second year in the league. While it's the 5th year for the league.

I put trades through when I see them. Very few times over the years I need to step in and cancel a trade. It normally causes a couple angry owners. So I wanted to make sure I wasn't being heavy-handed.
Not at all. This is egregious. You as commish, don't control who enters the league?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Questionable Trade?

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:32 am

BlackOmega wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:01 am
SoShady wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:41 am
Team A joined the league less than 24 hours ago. He was already in two other leagues I run on flea. But I did not invite him into this league. I don't like that they allow anyone to invite a new owner.

Team B was the proposer after team A said he would trade anyone but Barkley on entering the league. Team B is entering the second year in the league. While it's the 5th year for the league.

I put trades through when I see them. Very few times over the years I need to step in and cancel a trade. It normally causes a couple angry owners. So I wanted to make sure I wasn't being heavy-handed.
As an aside in regards to invites on flea, you can change the settings to only allow the commish/co-commish to invite people so you can vet people before they join. In a case like this if you really feel it necessary to veto the trade {and I don't believe in vetoes myself}, you may want to simply tell owner A, "thanks but no thanks" and send him packing as he is just chum in the water for the sharks in your league
If you haven't processed the trade, this is not a bad solution. I don't think that trade should pass, if you haven't processed it. Refund his money, change the setting, and find a new owner yourself.

lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1223
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:26 pm

Re: Questionable Trade?

Postby lawilt » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:35 am

reject and remove the owner of team A

User avatar
The Godwin Complex
Starter
Starter
Posts: 568
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:38 am

Re: Questionable Trade?

Postby The Godwin Complex » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:34 pm

I agree with reject, remove, and refund. Sometimes it’s worth doing the right thing to make a few mad than do the wrong thing and corrode the integrity of the league just to please people.
2020 BOLD PREDICTIONS
James Robinson’s 2020 production in PPR will be comparable to or better than
Antonio Gibson, DeAndre Swift, and Cam Akers.
Are You Willing To Put Up or Shut Up?
Make Your Bold Prediction Here



12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: B. Roethlisberger (PIT)
RB: N. Chubb (CLE), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: C. Godwin (TB), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), J. Landry (CLE)
TE: M. Alie-Cox (IND), D. Njoku (CLE)
FLEX: T. Fulgham (PHI), D. Harris (NE), R. Cobb (HOU)
SUPERFLEX: Sam Darnold (NYJ)


BENCH: G. Minshew (JAX), J. Luton (Jax) D. Dallas (SEA), A. Collins (SEA), J. Howard (MIA), J. Wilkins (IND), G. Olszewski (NE), K. Hodge (CLE), W. Snead (BAL), D. Washington (MIA), K. Vaughn (TB), A. Tate (CIN), JJ Taylor (NE), C. Patterson (CHI), M. Rudolph (PIT), L. Fitzgerald (AZ)
IR: C. Sutton (DEN), B. Jarwin (DAL), R. Penny (SEA), S. Michel (NE), D. Asiasi (NE), D. Keene (NE)

User avatar
saw061600
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5965
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: Questionable Trade?

Postby saw061600 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:14 pm

That is really bad.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert JimmyG
Barkley Chubb Taylor DMonty RoJo Bell Sony
Evans ARob Boyd Reagor Jeudy Aiyuk Dionte MWill
Kelce Andrews Jonnu Hooper
Watt Williams Richardson Taylor Graham
Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Dak Herbert Dalton
Mixon DHenry Carson MDavis Penny DEvans Duke
DK Evans Cooper ARob Cooks Thielen Shepard BEdwards Mooney DGabriel
Kelce Andrews
Hunter Barnett Clark Crosby G-Matur
Kendricks Warner Perryman Milano Campbell Baker ShaqT
Budda Neal Clark Karl

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-4WR 1-3TE
QB Herbert Murray Stafford
RB Taylor Jacobs Gaskin Hines Penny Mack Hill Peterson
WR Ridley Jefferson Golladay JuJu Diggs Reagor Chark Boyd
TE Kittle Kelce AOk
DL Gholston Fowler Barnett Lawson Hall Kinlaw
LB Queen Thompson Jewell Nwosu Kwon Kyzir
DB Peppers Fitz Clark Sorensen KJoseph

User avatar
moishetreats
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5107
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Questionable Trade?

Postby moishetreats » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:55 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:28 am
This trade is "So Shady". That's collusion, or one owner is completely incompetent, and will drag the league down. I am not for vetoes, but this needs to be addressed. Are either of the owners new? What is their track record. You need an explanation from Team A. Also, figure out who sent the offer. It's egregious. You definitely need to step in and investigate. What do your bylaws state about this type of thing?

This is the value of about, what 5 firsts for 1 and 3/4's or so?
Great response.

And great question about whether Team B invited Team A.
www.fantasyfootballforever.com - SF/2QB website

10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex

QB: Wilson, Wentz, Rodgers, Love
RB: Mixon, Gurley, Montgomery, Dillon, Moss, Armstead
WR: Hill, Cooper, Lockett, Hilton, Anderson, Lazard, Arcega-Whiteside, Sims, Ward, Renfrow
TE: Kelce, Goedert, Jarwin, Sternberger, K Smith, Arnold, L Thomas

2021: 2ndx3, 3rdx2, 4thx2, 5th
2022: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th



12 tms 22 plyrs {IR} [Taxi]. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex/ best ball

QB: Stafford ($36 through 2022), Brady (43), Rodgers (28/21), Garappolo (5/20), Winston (3/24), K Allen (1/20) [Morgan (1/24), Luton (1/24), Gordon (1/24)]
RB: Mixon (29/23), Gurley (5/20), Dillon (12/24), Z Moss (10/24), Hines (1/20), Snell (1/20) [Perine (2/22)]
WR: Adams (31/22), Cooper (28/20), Kupp (3/21), AJ Brown (7/23), R Anderson (3/21), Ward (1/20)
TE: Kelce (28/21), Ertz (22/21), Goedert (8/22)
Total+dead cap hits $286

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Questionable Trade?

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:10 pm

moishetreats wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:55 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:28 am
This trade is "So Shady". That's collusion, or one owner is completely incompetent, and will drag the league down. I am not for vetoes, but this needs to be addressed. Are either of the owners new? What is their track record. You need an explanation from Team A. Also, figure out who sent the offer. It's egregious. You definitely need to step in and investigate. What do your bylaws state about this type of thing?

This is the value of about, what 5 firsts for 1 and 3/4's or so?
Great response.

And great question about whether Team B invited Team A.
I believe that was already addressed, or I would have mentioned it, for sure.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dshank87, Londondynasty and 4 guests