Commish refusing lock out. Update NEW commish

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Commish refusing lock out

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:56 am

saw061600 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:46 am Well this blew up as expected. The owner that originally challenged the lock out, or maybe another owner that was arguing, or maybe both, got kicked. Three more left, and that's a wrap. I guess if the commissioner was trying to "learn" he might have learned what NOT to do:
Don't have a god complex
Don't think you can do whatever you want
Don't think you can ignore the owners
Don't ever think you can make arbitrary decisions
Don't assume an owner has left and take over their team (yeah, that was a big one)
Don't get on chat/message board and use snarky/arrogant replies
Don't call your team "ShotCaller" because "W T F, can you make it any more obvious?
Wait, what?!
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:28 pm

Life is too short to waste your time in dumb leagues. I would mentally check out unless the commish steps down. If he stays.....I would be out.

Hopefully you didn't like your team too much.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:51 pm

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:01 am
saw061600 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:29 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:22 am

Not surprising. Sorry to hear. Sucks losing a league this way. All that time spent. The guy was an idiot, and a loser in life. Clearly needs to get out of his mom's basement, or something. So the league has officially folded? Does everyone get a refund?
I believe so but I did try a hail marry pass here at the end. He needs to step down, give control to someone else, reinstate the owners, and let the league move forward. Hopefully he will but, since he deleted the message board thread that was calling him out, I'm not really thinking there's any way to save the league.
After reading through this, I don’t see him having a coming to Jesus moment here. I don’t know what it is with this guy, but he is clearly compensating for something in his life with this power grab. It’s too bad. He needs to take himself less seriously and just have fun.
Respectfully, @FantasyFreak and @Johnny B. Goode, the insulting characterizations are unwarranted. The commish's actions reflect poorly on him on their own [de-]merit. Slandering his character adds nothing to the conversation. As a Commish, it sure seems like he's awful. But these personal attacks on someone that none of us (except OP) have ever had any interaction with are over the line, IMO.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:13 pm

moishetreats wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:51 pm
saw061600 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:29 am

I believe so but I did try a hail marry pass here at the end. He needs to step down, give control to someone else, reinstate the owners, and let the league move forward. Hopefully he will but, since he deleted the message board thread that was calling him out, I'm not really thinking there's any way to save the league.
After reading through this, I don’t see him having a coming to Jesus moment here. I don’t know what it is with this guy, but he is clearly compensating for something in his life with this power grab. It’s too bad. He needs to take himself less seriously and just have fun.
Respectfully, @FantasyFreak and @Johnny B. Goode, the insulting characterizations are unwarranted. The commish's actions reflect poorly on him on their own [de-]merit. Slandering his character adds nothing to the conversation. As a Commish, it sure seems like he's awful. But these personal attacks on someone that none of us (except OP) have ever had any interaction with are over the line, IMO.
This entire thread is about his character, or his lack of it, when all is said and done. I understand your point, it's just a half azz attempt at humour, to lighten the mood.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:13 pm
moishetreats wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:51 pm

This entire thread is about his character, or his lack of it, when all is said and done. I understand your point, it's just a half azz attempt at humour, to lighten the mood.
Gotcha. It's so hard to convey emotion on a written thread. Thanks for the clarification!
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:20 pm

Fortunately, most of my leagues have been fairly solid, play in about 11 these days, likely about 30 in my lifetime. Most of my leagues I'm 5 plus years on. But it got me thinking to the worst of them.

I was kicked out of a league once. Idp, I grabbed DeAngelo Williams in like the 12-16 round of our start up draft and flipped him to the JStew owner for a future 3rd. Was told i must of been colluding with the other owner to make such a deal.

I walked away from a league and requested my money back from league safe a few years back, after taking over an orphan the commish had no desire to follow the rules (constitution), and I will not tolerate that b.s.

Also had a commish draft Aaron Donald about a half dozen years ago, and switch his position on mfl from lb to de. As soon as I staw it, I refused to make my next selection and left the league after that season. Had everyone pissed with me, and offered to trade me a pick to move off my selection, but it annoyed me too much. Had him admit he went in and changed the position (MFL backed up my theory) and tell everyone what he did. Tried to convince the league we should be allowed to pick our players position. Lol

Makes me enjoy the good leagues (and commish) so much more,
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Re: Commish refusing lock out. Update NEW commish

Postby saw061600 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:38 pm

After several emails to MFL, with detailed records and happenings of all that was taking place, I was able to assume commish role to keep the league going. All but 2 owners, the old commish and a friend, are here and 2 new owners already found. I don't plan to be commish long, just the guy that started the ticket and had the conversations to make the change happen.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:40 pm

saw061600 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:38 pm After several emails to MFL, with detailed records and happenings of all that was taking place, I was able to assume commish role to keep the league going. All but 2 owners, the old commish and a friend, are here and 2 new owners already found. I don't plan to be commish long, just the guy that started the ticket and had the conversations to make the change happen.
Well done. Good to hear.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:00 pm

saw061600 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:38 pm After several emails to MFL, with detailed records and happenings of all that was taking place, I was able to assume commish role to keep the league going. All but 2 owners, the old commish and a friend, are here and 2 new owners already found. I don't plan to be commish long, just the guy that started the ticket and had the conversations to make the change happen.
Out Here Doing Gawd's Work
Last edited by Orenthal Shames on Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:30 pm

millworkguy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:06 am
DLF3000 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:35 am
Ice wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:22 am ...I stayed logged in as Commish by accident often.
Setting aside the quality of the commish aside, this is just another reason the MFL functionality is poor.

It's easy to not even realize you've logged in to "god mode" instead of your normal team log in - meanwhile all this competitive advantage information explodes onto your screen or is easily available as you go about your business doing normal team stuff.
What, how? 1st you have to be logged in as commish, then you have to want to set your lineup, move a guy to taxi or I.R., and when it asks for which team, you go , "hey wait, I'm logged in as commish and lockout is off. I should move back to owner and before I do, turn lockout back on" you have to want to look, it's not normal team stuff, there are clues that you forgot to log out as commish last time

When lockout is on, MFL tells you "you dont have that ability " (as commish to use an owner function)
I sent a trade offer once when I was inadvertently logged in as commish and it registered it as the other owner offering it to me. Haha. I just texted the guy and explained what happened, but that was kinda weird. Otherwise, yeah, it usually becomes obvious that you’re logged in as commish when you try to perform any type of roster move.

Glad the OP was able to salvage this league. Pretty bizarre behavior by the former commish. I could see a new commish not understanding the ramifications of leaving lockout off, but once it was explained to him, it should’ve been obvious that he was in the wrong. Yeah, it can be mildly annoying to have to toggle it on and then back off if you’re trying to fix something, but that’s a small price to pay for trust and full transparency.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:37 pm

For anyone who is Commish and wants to know when you’re logged in as Commish or Owner, just change one of the Skins to give it a completely different look and feel. Then you know which you’re on immediately.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:51 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:37 pm For anyone who is Commish and wants to know when you’re logged in as Commish or Owner, just change one of the Skins to give it a completely different look and feel. Then you know which you’re on immediately.
Correct.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:58 pm

Nice work to salvage the league. The old commish sounds like a real tool.

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:29 am

Congrats. This is great to hear. Not sure what this guy’s issue was, but he certainly had an issue. No other way to explain such bizarre behavior

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:08 am

saw061600 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:46 amDon't assume an owner has left and take over their team (yeah, that was a big one)
Still sounds strange and didn't see this explained elsewhere in this thread.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def