Commish refusing lock out. Update NEW commish

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Re: Commish refusing lock out

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:28 am

Charge back your entry fees and walk away. This guy is a turd. There is no reason to have that on all season. You can turn it on at any time to solve issues. This guy is going to ruin the league and he doesn’t care.

Offer everyone to join another league, same rosters. Find a replacement for the douche of a commish and leave him to use his commish powers to play each team himself.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:35 am

Ice wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:22 am ...I stayed logged in as Commish by accident often.
Setting aside the quality of the commish aside, this is just another reason the MFL functionality is poor.

It's easy to not even realize you've logged in to "god mode" instead of your normal team log in - meanwhile all this competitive advantage information explodes onto your screen or is easily available as you go about your business doing normal team stuff.

I think the real (and practical) reason why it really exists is so MFL itself isn't inundated with a million support tickets when something in the league setup inevitably goes wrong or simply doesn't or can't work as desired.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:42 am

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:28 am Charge back your entry fees and walk away. This guy is a turd. There is no reason to have that on all season. You can turn it on at any time to solve issues. This guy is going to ruin the league and he doesn’t care.

Offer everyone to join another league, same rosters. Find a replacement for the douche of a commish and leave him to use his commish powers to play each team himself.
Definitely an option. Copy the league, and move on without him, if enough are on board.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:48 am

Right. This dude clearly is wanting to use that god-mode oversight to his advantage.

Knowing proposed trade offers and/or current FAAB max bids is a HUGE leg up.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:06 am

DLF3000 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:35 am
Ice wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:22 am ...I stayed logged in as Commish by accident often.
Setting aside the quality of the commish aside, this is just another reason the MFL functionality is poor.

It's easy to not even realize you've logged in to "god mode" instead of your normal team log in - meanwhile all this competitive advantage information explodes onto your screen or is easily available as you go about your business doing normal team stuff.
What, how? 1st you have to be logged in as commish, then you have to want to set your lineup, move a guy to taxi or I.R., and when it asks for which team, you go , "hey wait, I'm logged in as commish and lockout is off. I should move back to owner and before I do, turn lockout back on" you have to want to look, it's not normal team stuff, there are clues that you forgot to log out as commish last time

When lockout is on, MFL tells you "you dont have that ability " (as commish to use an owner function)
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:15 am

millworkguy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:06 am

What, how? 1st you have to be logged in as commish, then you have to want to set your lineup, move a guy to taxi or I.R., and when it asks for which team, you go , "hey wait, I'm logged in as commish and lockout is off. I should move back to owner and before I do, turn lockout back on" you have to want to look, it's not normal team stuff, there are clues that you forgot to log out as commish last time

When lockout is on, MFL tells you "you dont have that ability " (as commish to use an owner function)
You can stay logged in, but it doesn't give you access to anything you shouldn't. Forgetting to log off isn't an issue, I agree.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:46 am

Well this blew up as expected. The owner that originally challenged the lock out, or maybe another owner that was arguing, or maybe both, got kicked. Three more left, and that's a wrap. I guess if the commissioner was trying to "learn" he might have learned what NOT to do:
Don't have a god complex
Don't think you can do whatever you want
Don't think you can ignore the owners
Don't ever think you can make arbitrary decisions
Don't assume an owner has left and take over their team (yeah, that was a big one)
Don't get on chat/message board and use snarky/arrogant replies
Don't call your team "ShotCaller" because "W T F, can you make it any more obvious?
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:22 am

saw061600 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:46 am Well this blew up as expected. The owner that originally challenged the lock out, or maybe another owner that was arguing, or maybe both, got kicked. Three more left, and that's a wrap. I guess if the commissioner was trying to "learn" he might have learned what NOT to do:
Don't have a god complex
Don't assume an owner has left and take over their team (yeah, that was a big one)
Don't call your team "ShotCaller" because "W T F, can you make it any more obvious?
Not surprising. Sorry to hear. Sucks losing a league this way. All that time spent. The guy was an idiot, and a loser in life. Clearly needs to get out of his mom's basement, or something. So the league has officially folded? Does everyone get a refund?

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:29 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:22 am
saw061600 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:46 am Well this blew up as expected. The owner that originally challenged the lock out, or maybe another owner that was arguing, or maybe both, got kicked. Three more left, and that's a wrap. I guess if the commissioner was trying to "learn" he might have learned what NOT to do:
Don't have a god complex
Not surprising. Sorry to hear. Sucks losing a league this way. All that time spent. The guy was an idiot, and a loser in life. Clearly needs to get out of his mom's basement, or something. So the league has officially folded? Does everyone get a refund?
I believe so but I did try a hail marry pass here at the end. He needs to step down, give control to someone else, reinstate the owners, and let the league move forward. Hopefully he will but, since he deleted the message board thread that was calling him out, I'm not really thinking there's any way to save the league.

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:01 am

saw061600 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:29 am
Don't have a god complex
I believe so but I did try a hail marry pass here at the end. He needs to step down, give control to someone else, reinstate the owners, and let the league move forward. Hopefully he will but, since he deleted the message board thread that was calling him out, I'm not really thinking there's any way to save the league.
After reading through this, I don’t see him having a coming to Jesus moment here. I don’t know what it is with this guy, but he is clearly compensating for something in his life with this power grab. It’s too bad. He needs to take himself less seriously and just have fun.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:10 am

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:01 am
saw061600 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:29 am

After reading through this, I don’t see him having a coming to Jesus moment here. I don’t know what it is with this guy, but he is clearly compensating for something in his life with this power grab. It’s too bad. He needs to take himself less seriously and just have fun.
That was my thought as well, thus the leave his mom's basement comment.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:59 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:15 am
millworkguy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:06 am

You can stay logged in, but it doesn't give you access to anything you shouldn't. Forgetting to log off isn't an issue, I agree.
Exactly,

The Commish has to search for nefarious information on other owners actions. It doesn't just pop on the screen.

I don't have any real issues with MFL. I ran a very complex salary cap, auction contract year IDP league for years and having access mattered. Obviously, we would all like to see improvements but MFL is 10X better than any I have seen in the complex leagues. It is a complicated site due to versatility.

BTW for those that don't know. On the top right of the screen there is a Become Commissioner or Become Owner click depending on what view your in. The views are identical except as Commish you can find things owners can't.

Bottom line the Commish has to be above reproach so if an owner asks to stay out of Commish tool unless needed that Commish should stay out.

Not everyone is cut out to be a Commish.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:06 am

Deleting or locking message boards is lame as hell. Sh*t happens. Hiding stuff no one's proud but *actually happened* accomplishes nothing - might as well own it and move on. Seen it before though.

I personally, if I ever wanted to commish again, would never delete, hide or lock message board complaints or discussion - then again, I believe in total rules transparency and as clear league-wide communication as possible.
Last edited by DLF3000 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:10 am

Wow....

Like I said, Not everyone is cut out to be a Commish.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:41 am

https://www67.myfantasyleague.com/2020/home/56579#0

I don't know why I'm trying. I'm certainly not perfect and have shot off my mouth in leagues before thinking but I've always apologized after when I realized I was an asshat. I'm giving it through the games this week then will request a refund from safeleague.

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield