Commish refusing lock out. Update NEW commish

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Commish refusing lock out

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:59 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:24 pm Let’s not turn this as an MFL issue. This is a rouge commissioner issue. Most leagues do not have this issue and it is an easily updated setting.
As I tried to explain in detail, the functionality has serious flaws and isn't always easily managed depending on certain league settings - and at the same time, I agree that's separate from the quality/behavior of a commish. Of course, if both are poor, it's lose/lose for everyone.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:17 am

I don't know why this is even a thing and why it's up for debate in any league. The arrogance of the statement from commissioner is what really gets me angry and that arrogance is what kills a league.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:36 am

Agreed. Dude is being totally unreasonable.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:45 am

Dude's got a power boner. I'd imagine he doesn't feel he's in control in most other aspects in his life.

Like the other's said, unless he can give a rationale for his need to have this feature on, it's a red flag.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:51 am

I think MFL logs everything. I wonder what would happen if you sent them an email stating you would like to know when if ever the commissioner accessed the waiver page?

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:08 am

I'm unfamiliar with MFL, what does this Commissioner Lock Out setting do?

Either way, he sounds awful and I'd be leaving that league. He's not even worth your time
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Olave, Diggs, Diontae, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1.08, 3.05

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert, Zamir
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Nico, Kupp, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: 4.01

Team 3:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4.08, 4.12, 5.12

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:45 am

jordanzs wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:30 pm Sounds like a douchebag to me.

But seriously, why would MFL have a setting where a commish can see the blind bids of other teams?!?!?! I get that a commish might need to go in and alter a starting lineup or something but it's silly for MFL's platform to allow them to see bids & trade offers.

They should at least separate those settings.
I’ve had to assist in trades, put in bids or modify bids or priority order on conditional bids, and acquire FCFS FAs for owners who for personal reasons could not access the site. I’ve also had to review bids post-award review bid histories and possibly to remind owners with documentation what they bid on players that they thought they should have won.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:02 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:08 am I'm unfamiliar with MFL, what does this Commissioner Lock Out setting do?

Either way, he sounds awful and I'd be leaving that league. He's not even worth your time
Commissioner lockout is by default turned ON. When turned off, the commissioner can look at the transactions report and see all pending bids for free agents, waiver claims, and trade offers. He can also make roster moves, force trades, and do things to all teams that aren't available when he's locked out. Basically he can act as any team owner.

It's usually used to fix errors or mistakes. MFL automatically sends an email to the entire league each time the commissioner changes the lockout status.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:48 am

saw061600 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:21 pm Well, here we go again. Another commish who thinks he should be able to do whatever the hell he wants.

Owner: can you please turn this on. thanks (3rd request) This is referencing the commish lock out which is currently off

Commish- no, I prefer to retain that ability as commissioner. thanks

- I’m not trying to be an bleep, but why? The commissioner should not have the unfair advantage of being able to see pending owner initiated transactions, especially in a league with blind bid waiver periods. I was in a league that folded mid-season over this two seasons ago, probably why this being enabled bothers me, hell I'm sure if we ran a poll most if not all of the other owners would agree. The commissioner was accused looking at claims and sniping players, owners left and the league died. With that ability disabled it can never come into question. I am simply trying to avoid that from happening here. If you can sell me on a good reason why you should have this advantage, I'm willing to listen.

Commish- I won't be relinquishing abilities as commish as I did not agree to do so when I became commissioner of the league. Nor will I be stepping down as commissioner. This is regardless of
any league polling or rabble rousing and such. I'm playing to have fun and to learn things as first year commissioner and highly doubt that I'll be winning money from my participation in the league. Feel free to do what you like but certainly let me know if there's an issue with my team transactions. I won't be responding to any further inquiries about commissioner lock-out. Thanks.

bleep this guy, I'm about to lose my bleep.
Assuming you have already explained to him that he can reacquire this ability when necessary, and to the league what this gives him the ability to see, I would make this my last year in the league. If you haven't already, I would call him out publically in the league chat, or on the message board. That is absolutely unacceptable.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:00 am

I would call it out.

Ride out the year.

Then ✌️

Some people don’t know how to separate their role as a commissioner and a participant.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:18 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:02 am
Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:08 am I'm unfamiliar with MFL, what does this Commissioner Lock Out setting do?

Commissioner lockout is by default turned ON. When turned off, the commissioner can look at the transactions report and see all pending bids for free agents, waiver claims, and trade offers. He can also make roster moves, force trades, and do things to all teams that aren't available when he's locked out. Basically he can act as any team owner.

It's usually used to fix errors or mistakes. MFL automatically sends an email to the entire league each time the commissioner changes the lockout status.
Oh, I was under the impression Commissioner Lockout is by default turned *OFF.*

Well, regardless, in our league it's OFF so the commish can do two things: approve trades and manage taxi squad moves during drafts.

It'd be great if the lockout functionality *automatically* was always ON except when actively doing the exception tasks, so it would then revert automatically. More granular lockout settings for specific items/time windows, with automatic reversion would be ideal.

But from my understanding, it's still a manual and overall toggle, which is terrible for all the reasons already mentioned.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:49 am

stupid question but since he is a first time commish, does he know he can turn it off again whenever needed?

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:47 am

Agreeing with other who have said this. This is not an mfl issue this is a Commish issue. I'm in several(admittedly niche) leagues thatre 32 team salary cap. Because of this we have the Commish lockout off so that they can more easily go in and update transaction thatre performed on a third party site.

In EVERY other league I'm in that's not set up this way we have Commish lockout on and the commishes disable this (sending a notification) goes on and does Commish things, league notifications, polls, swapping from off to in season settings, etc. And then turns it back on(sending another notification)

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:33 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:45 am
jordanzs wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:30 pm Sounds like a douchebag to me.

But seriously, why would MFL have a setting where a commish can see the blind bids of other teams?!?!?! I get that a commish might need to go in and alter a starting lineup or something but it's silly for MFL's platform to allow them to see bids & trade offers.

They should at least separate those settings.
I’ve had to assist in trades, put in bids or modify bids or priority order on conditional bids, and acquire FCFS FAs for owners who for personal reasons could not access the site. I’ve also had to review bids post-award review bid histories and possibly to remind owners with documentation what they bid on players that they thought they should have won.
Seems like there could be a better way like MFL grants you the power to dive into 1 team only and the league will be emailed when the commish exercises that power.

Or at least MFL can leave the commish lockout on as the default setting, and when you turn it off, it stays off for a a finite amount of time like half an hour.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:04 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:47 am Agreeing with other who have said this. This is not an mfl issue this is a Commish issue. I'm in several(admittedly niche) leagues thatre 32 team salary cap. Because of this we have the Commish lockout off so that they can more easily go in and update transaction thatre performed on a third party site.

In EVERY other league I'm in that's not set up this way we have Commish lockout on and the commishes disable this (sending a notification) goes on and does Commish things, league notifications, polls, swapping from off to in season settings, etc. And then turns it back on(sending another notification)
FYI, may not be a big deal, but most of those things you listed can be done with regular commissioner powers. Only those involving what an owner might do himself and contain privileged information are unlocked by turning the lockout off.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.