Commish refusing lock out. Update NEW commish

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Commish refusing lock out

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:16 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:04 pm
Mjvb5 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:47 am Agreeing with other who have said this. This is not an mfl issue this is a Commish issue. I'm in several(admittedly niche) leagues thatre 32 team salary cap. Because of this we have the Commish lockout off so that they can more easily go in and update transaction thatre performed on a third party site.

In EVERY other league I'm in that's not set up this way we have Commish lockout on and the commishes disable this (sending a notification) goes on and does Commish things, league notifications, polls, swapping from off to in season settings, etc. And then turns it back on(sending another notification)
FYI, may not be a big deal, but most of those things you listed can be done with regular commissioner powers. Only those involving what an owner might do himself and contain privileged information are unlocked by turning the lockout off.
Huh guess he might be messing with something else when he turns the lockout on/off. I'm not worried at all about it, leaguewide notification goes off when it gets changed so I'm guessing it's for other stuff behind the scenes.

In the other leagues I helped co Commish for a year and it's just so much easier with Commish powers constantly. None of the actual bidding, FA, trades, etc are on mfl so there's nothing to snoop on. But you go on there a couple times a day at least to process transactions at times.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:20 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:49 am stupid question but since he is a first time commish, does he know he can turn it off again whenever needed?
I think it's a good and fair question. I was not the owner that initially engaged (the pasted conversation) but I did call it out in chat and have explained the commissioner can turn on/off and we all get a notification each time. Radio silence from the commissioner. Oh, and of course this thread link has been put on the message board for all to see if they wish.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:43 pm

In my salary cap leagues we use this ability almost weekly, post waiver run and bidding on other teams tds where we need to make trades, drop players (due to salary cap and contract penalties). However it's on at all times, and if needed to be turned off during the auctions, rookie draft, or when we are moving players around at contract time, all owners know I'm in doing it. Furthermore, just to ensure no one thinks I got an advantage, I dont enter any waiver adds for the 1st run on the season. (Not sure if any of my league owners have ever noticed that, but I just dont)

No need for it to be off, nothing (s)he could learn about mfl
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:39 pm

Bottom line:

There are too many good leagues out there to be stuck in one where you're not happy with the way it's being ran. Everyone here has stated the obvious, that the commish is in the wrong.

It would be easy to walk away & join another league next year.

But I would make some trades this year to go for the title if it's a money league. Nothing to destroy the integrity of your team & league after you vacate of course, but trades like Lamb for Julio......go for it.

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:34 pm

I'd walk now, and make sure everyone knew why, hopefully its leaguesafe and you can request a refund, or en mass can you vote the commish out (all leave)
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:51 pm

Never knew MFL gave a commish that much access. I am commish on ESPN and you don’t get to see anything that is ‘pending’ - trade proposals, waivers bids etc. Just don’t see why it’s necessary if you have the power to reverse absolutely everything after it’s happened? I’ve got no reason to doubt my MFL commish, but how easy is it for him to see pending waiver claims? Pretty sure ‘god’ mode is on. I have never had an email telling me it’s been switched on or off either.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:05 pm

95dent wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:51 pm Never knew MFL gave a commish that much access. I am commish on ESPN and you don’t get to see anything that is ‘pending’ - trade proposals, waivers bids etc. Just don’t see why it’s necessary if you have the power to reverse absolutely everything after it’s happened? I’ve got no reason to doubt my MFL commish, but how easy is it for him to see pending waiver claims? Pretty sure ‘god’ mode is on. I have never had an email telling me it’s been switched on or off either.
It's not just waiver claims. They can look at all pending and past trade offers from all teams, including any notes on those trade offers, where they could glean owners tendencies, and what players they are after, what they are offering, what other owners think of those offers etc.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:05 pm
95dent wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:51 pm Never knew MFL gave a commish that much access. I am commish on ESPN and you don’t get to see anything that is ‘pending’ - trade proposals, waivers bids etc. Just don’t see why it’s necessary if you have the power to reverse absolutely everything after it’s happened? I’ve got no reason to doubt my MFL commish, but how easy is it for him to see pending waiver claims? Pretty sure ‘god’ mode is on. I have never had an email telling me it’s been switched on or off either.
It's not just waiver claims. They can look at all pending and past trade offers from all teams, including any notes on those trade offers, where they could glean owners tendencies, and what players they are after, what they are offering, what other owners think of those offers etc.
Ok I suppose you could say that’s anti collusion tool, even so it’s not necessary. Why put temptation there too.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:31 pm

95dent wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:21 pm
Ok I suppose you could say that’s anti collusion tool, even so it’s not necessary. Why put temptation there too.
Its designed as a god mode for more complex leagues for lack of a better term. Large team leagues with wayyy future picks, salary cap, conditional trades and the like where being able to see those notes and verify them or having to be Commish incredibly regularly for making transactions and adjusting cap numbers.

For your relatively vanilla league it's completely unnecessary.

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:36 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:31 pm

Its designed as a god mode for more complex leagues for lack of a better term. Large team leagues with wayyy future picks, salary cap, conditional trades and the like where being able to see those notes and verify them or having to be Commish incredibly regularly for making transactions and adjusting cap numbers.

Still doesn’t justify seeing things that are pending. If something doesn’t happen or hasn’t happened yet then it doesn’t impact the league, when it happens then you get your audit log as it were.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:03 am

95dent wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:36 pm

Still doesn’t justify seeing things that are pending. If something doesn’t happen or hasn’t happened yet then it doesn’t impact the league, when it happens then you get your audit log as it were.
I could be wrong about things pending, but I think it does.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:13 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:03 am
95dent wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:36 pm

I could be wrong about things pending, but I think it does.
No, your right. I could see future waiver claims if I turn it on. In my salary and contract leagues I do use it prior to the season starting, very very rairly in season (such as dts bidding, and the trades they create). In my 53 man idp keeper I haven't turned it on in years.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:22 am

The Commish needs access to all league matters on MFL especially in complex leagues. That said the Commish needs to not look or even log in as Commish.

The Commish has an owner View and Commish view. Anyone can see when the owner logs on as Commish.

In reality some owners think the Commish is an enemy of the state and always think the worst and other owners have complete trust. On running leagues for decades, I have never been questioned and I stayed logged in as Commish by accident often.

As an owner, if you don't trust your Commish then get the hell out of the league. On the other hand if know the Commish is solid RELAX. Know this, Being a Commish can be a very thankless job and in some leagues is a ton of work.

Sounds to me like there are owner/commish conflicts here but not enough information to start accusing a commish of cheating or accusing the owner of being too paranoid to play FF.

My advice; it seems to bother you so leave the league. Ultimately it is about Trust.

The Commish should only log in as Commish to manage but MFL is quite complex so a new Commish will spend a lot of time there learning the program.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:49 am

Ice wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:22 am The Commish needs access to all league matters on MFL especially in complex leagues. That said the Commish needs to not look or even log in as Commish.

The Commish has an owner View and Commish view. Anyone can see when the owner logs on as Commish.

In reality some owners think the Commish is an enemy of the state and always think the worst and other owners have complete trust. On running leagues for decades, I have never been questioned and I stayed logged in as Commish by accident often.

As an owner, if you don't trust your Commish then get the hell out of the league. On the other hand if know the Commish is solid RELAX. Know this, Being a Commish can be a very thankless job and in some leagues is a ton of work.

Sounds to me like there are owner/commish conflicts here but not enough information to start accusing a commish of cheating or accusing the owner of being too paranoid to play FF.

My advice; it seems to bother you so leave the league. Ultimately it is about Trust.

The Commish should only log in as Commish to manage but MFL is quite complex so a new Commish will spend a lot of time there learning the program.
This doesn't sound like it's a complex league, and they never said they had a problem with him turning off commish lockout (to get owner view in your words) they just didn't want it off all the time

Mfl sends an email to all owners when lockout is turned off, they dont when you sign in as a commish
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:51 am

You could also test your theory, when the 1st big rookie free agent comes up for blind bidding, place your bud a buck or two below the commish's remaining budget. Then with about 2-3 minutes to go before the waiver run, lower.it to something reasonable and see who wins the player.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)