The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Deshaun Watson's new deal

Postby AussieMate » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:26 pm

Here is a question, do the Dolphins become contenders with Watson? their defence is ready, the oline is young but we've seen Watson can play with a poor line if he must. I'd like some better receivers but I think Watson is the type of talent that improves the offensive players around him.
Some guys in my league think I'm crazy but I think they could push with Watson over Fitz/Tua

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:28 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:29 pm Here is my wish, the new GM goes to Watson and says what can I do to make you happy. He asks then to sign Allen Robinson.
I've been hoping for a few months now that ARob signs with Houston. It makes a ton of sense from my potentially biased-owner perspective.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:35 pm

AussieMate wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:26 pm Here is a question, do the Dolphins become contenders with Watson? their defence is ready, the oline is young but we've seen Watson can play with a poor line if he must. I'd like some better receivers but I think Watson is the type of talent that improves the offensive players around him.
Some guys in my league think I'm crazy but I think they could push with Watson over Fitz/Tua
After they take on Watson they will be slightly over the cap, not leaving much room to sign Godwin/Arob/Juju/Golladay.

and presumably they will deplete a lot of their draft capital in getting Watson.

I reckon Watson can make it work with Parker, Williams, Gesicki, and their RBs. I wouldnt call them superbowl favourites or anything, but it wouldnt shock me if they made it to the second round of the playoffs next year
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:42 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:35 pm
AussieMate wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:26 pm Here is a question, do the Dolphins become contenders with Watson? their defence is ready, the oline is young but we've seen Watson can play with a poor line if he must. I'd like some better receivers but I think Watson is the type of talent that improves the offensive players around him.
After they take on Watson they will be slightly over the cap, not leaving much room to sign Godwin/Arob/Juju/Golladay.

and presumably they will deplete a lot of their draft capital in getting Watson.

I reckon Watson can make it work with Parker, Williams, Gesicki, and their RBs. I wouldnt call them superbowl favourites or anything, but it wouldnt shock me if they made it to the second round of the playoffs next year
That was my argument, make it that far and then "any given Sunday" especially with someone like Watson

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:36 pm

Will Fuller is also hitting free agency, yeah? Maybe not a complete pipe dream that the Dolphins sign him if a Watson deal were to actually happen.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:17 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:28 pm
murphysxm wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:29 pm Here is my wish, the new GM goes to Watson and says what can I do to make you happy. He asks then to sign Allen Robinson.
I've been hoping for a few months now that ARob signs with Houston. It makes a ton of sense from my potentially biased-owner perspective.
The more I read about how unhappy Watson is with Texans ownership, I recant, ARob can't go to another black hole.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:36 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:17 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:28 pm
The more I read about how unhappy Watson is with Texans ownership, I recant, ARob can't go to another black hole.
That would be my luck, Arob finally gets a QB then bam! they trade Watson for Mike Glennon and a 3rd

Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Postby Easy Breesy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:41 pm

If Watson does go to Miami I hoping Miami signs Arob and takes a WR in rd 3 giving Watson Gesecki, Arob, Parker, Preston and another young WR to work with. I’d love to see Arob with a competent QB he could hit 1400 and 10-12 TDs
16 team Tiered PPR league, TE Premium, 52 man roster, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1W/R, 1TE/W, Full IDP
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert
RB- Antonio Gibson Ty Johnson, David Johnson Lat Murray
WR- Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, DJ Moore, Cordarelle Patterson,
TE- Hockeson, , Jonnu Smith, Firkser, Logan Thomas

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:47 pm

Easy Breesy wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:41 pm If Watson does go to Miami I hoping Miami signs Arob and takes a WR in rd 3 giving Watson Gesecki, Arob, Parker, Preston and another young WR to work with. I’d love to see Arob with a competent QB he could hit 1400 and 10-12 TDs
+ the return of YAC gawd Albert Wilson

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:00 am

AussieMate wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:47 pmImagine if we get both a Wentz and Watson trade this offseason, not with each other obviously.
Imagine if Chicago owned up for their draft day mistake and traded for one of them.

I don't know if people are fully accounting for Watson's no trade clause. He can block a trade for whatever reason- such as not liking the team, or not liking what the roster would look like after the deal. Typically, no trade clauses lead to the team trading the player away to get less value than the player's/contract's perceived worth. If Watson really pushes for a trade, Houston may not get full, "proper" value.

Also, there's been a healthy amount of talk that last year was JJ Watt's last with the team. Whether that's good or bad (free up cap vs rebuild/retool) idk.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

thebadferret
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby thebadferret » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:26 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:00 amIf Watson really pushes for a trade, Houston may not get full, "proper" value.
If Watson really goes full Leveon Bell, Texans can be happy with Tua + pick(s). But they now complied and are looking to interview the guy who Watson wanted to be interviewd, so we will find out.

regarding JJ Watt:
What do you think is a realistic return for a 31 year old JJ Watt with a 15,5m dollar contract? Is there a contender who is able to pay that? Could this even be a situation where they have to pay to get him off their list?

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:36 am

thebadferret wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:26 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:00 amIf Watson really pushes for a trade, Houston may not get full, "proper" value.
If Watson really goes full Leveon Bell, Texans can be happy with Tua + pick(s). But they now complied and are looking to interview the guy who Watson wanted to be interviewd, so we will find out.

regarding JJ Watt:
What do you think is a realistic return for a 31 year old JJ Watt with a 15,5m dollar contract? Is there a contender who is able to pay that? Could this even be a situation where they have to pay to get him off their list?
He might restructure that contract pending on destination? I don't see him doing moving as he's a loyal man through and through, but if Watson moves I think they'd do him a favor too.

Oh to be Cooks too after he just said he doesn't want to be traded again. No worries, we'll trade everyone else!

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:53 am

Would it be possible to trade Wentz and the 1.6 for Watson? I would do that in a heartbeat if I were the Eagles.

I also have hope for Darnold, 1.2 and a 2nd for Watson.

Is 1.1 for Watson a possibility?

Thoughts?
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:56 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:53 am Would it be possible to trade Wentz and the 1.6 for Watson? I would do that in a heartbeat if I were the Eagles.

I also have hope for Darnold, 1.2 and a 2nd for Watson.

Is 1.1 for Watson a possibility?

Thoughts?
Everyone would..... Nobody's trading Watson for that though.