Adrian Peterson to Detroit

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Adrian Peterson to Detroit

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:26 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/josinaanders ... 1824370693

AP tells Josina Anderson he's going to Detroit. Not ideal for Swift, but not a killer since AP is obviously not a threat in the pasding game, even more negative news for Kerryon though.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Adrian Peterson to Detroit

Postby abloom » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:29 am

Probably also an indication that detroit not thrilled with swift's preseason progression given his leg injury. Getting a hard working vet in to take some early season work
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:53 am

This makes zero sense, but it does fit DET being DET.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:59 am

Detroit is RB hell. Patricia and Quinn have said repeatedly they want a commitee. Bad break here for Swift owners but not surprising unfortunately. Still hope for a late season breakout, maybe.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:08 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:53 am This makes zero sense, but it does fit DET being DET.
It makes football sense, considering Detroit plays real football (or at least they try) and not fantasy football. Bo Scarbrough was their best in between the tackels RB last year and was this year until the AP signing. Swift was not going to be given a huge workload in year 1, and he might not ever have a huge workload. This signing hurts Bo Scarbrough and Kerryon more than Swift.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:10 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:53 am This makes zero sense, but it does fit DET being DET.
it does when swift and johnson can't make it onto the field due to injury.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:22 am

remedy29 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:08 am
It makes football sense, considering Detroit plays real football (or at least they try) and not fantasy football. Bo Scarbrough was their best in between the tackels RB last year and was this year until the AP signing. Swift was not going to be given a huge workload in year 1, and he might not ever have a huge workload. This signing hurts Bo Scarbrough and Kerryon more than Swift.
I’m going to have to disagree on the football sense angle. DET has expended 2nd round picks on RBs in the past 2 drafts, and now they’re going to limit that kind of expenditure by bringing in Peterson? Those kids need to develop, and the way RBs develop is by getting them on the field. They aren’t QBs.

DET already had an adequate tackle to tackle hammer in Scarborough if they just couldn’t manage to find some blocking schemes in tight quarters that would allow at least one of those 2nd second rounders to succeed in short yardage - and don’t tell me it can’t be done because there have been plenty of RBs who have been successful in short yardage without being 6’-0” 240 lb ogres.

I do not get this one at all, and you’re going to have a very tough time convincing me otherwise.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:30 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:22 am
remedy29 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:08 am
I’m going to have to disagree on the football sense angle. DET has expended 2nd round picks on RBs in the past 2 drafts, and now they’re going to limit that kind of expenditure by bringing in Peterson? Those kids need to develop, and the way RBs develop is by getting them on the field. They aren’t QBs.

DET already had an adequate tackle to tackle hammer in Scarborough if they just couldn’t manage to find some blocking schemes in tight quarters that would allow at least one of those 2nd second rounders to succeed in short yardage - and don’t tell me it can’t be done because there have been plenty of RBs who have been successful in short yardage without being 6’-0” 240 lb ogres.

I do not get this one at all, and you’re going to have a very tough time convincing me otherwise.
You're right, they aren't QBs and most of the time you know almost right away with RBs whether they can play or not, and this signing shows Kerryon just isn't that good and they are admitting they made a bad pick. Swift is a little banged up right now, so it makes complete sense to bring someone else on to help carry some of the load, so Swift can be used more in the passing game to begin with and keep his workload down a little bit in the running game.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:47 am

So the solution is to bring in an over-the-hill RB? Blount in 2018. CJ Anderson in 2019. AD in 2020.

I’m not seeing how this helps move the team forward. Look at the most successful rushing teams in the league right now - they didn’t get there by picking up guys in the last year of their careers to soak up carries.

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:12 am

Low money 1 year vet deal. Makes football sense and Johnson and Swift have been battling injuries, both old and new, this preseason. (Obviously) hurts re-draft value of both Johnson and Swift. If you believe is Swift, nothing has changed long term.

I'm sending out offers for Swift in dynasty leagues today. I doubt anyone will bite but maybe someone will panic with the news.
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
QB – J. Hurts, A Richardson (R-IR))
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)
WR – J. Chase, C. Lamb, K. Allen, T. Burks, DJ Chark, P. Nakua (R)
TE – D. Waller, C. Okonkwo, L. Thomas, J. Ferguson

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
QB - A. Rodgers, L. Jackson
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)
WR - T. Hill, D. Adams, C. Watson, M. Brown, R. Rice (R)
TE - D. Waller, G. Kittle, J. Ferguson

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:24 am

Swift I thinks role will be similar to what it was before this. Probably still just a flex play this year. I would think this is a major hit to KJ being relevant this year at all though.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:43 am

I dont think AP is over the hill. I think he still looks pretty good between the tackles. Not nearly the same juice he used to have but getting to the hole and bulling thru, he still has those instincts. Same reason Gore keeps getting work. Dont need 60 yard TDs to be a good RB.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:19 am

Not too mention teh "star" factor he brings. Detroit stands a very good chance of having an entertaining offense this year. AP will only add to that.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:50 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:47 am So the solution is to bring in an over-the-hill RB? Blount in 2018. CJ Anderson in 2019. AD in 2020.

I’m not seeing how this helps move the team forward. Look at the most successful rushing teams in the league right now - they didn’t get there by picking up guys in the last year of their careers to soak up carries.
Lions coaching staff doesn't care about next year right now. If they suck this year they can expect to be updating their resumes soon. AP gives them a vet rb that they can rely on early in the season as swift catches up/recovers from his leg injury. It's a good move. Guice also said that he learned a lot from AP (football wise) and he could be good for swift developing as well
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:43 am

Detroit's offense was pretty good last season until Stafford went down. Not sure what to expect this year, especially from the backfield. But overall, Swift is too dynamic in the receiving game to keep off the field.