Jacksonville backfield, who is the guy?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Re: Jacksonville backfield, who is the guy?

Postby millworkguy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:28 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:09 pm
millworkguy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:11 am "As a result, we play the odds. And the odds say that of the 300 undrafted RBs who've played at least two seasons in the NFL in the last 30 years, only 12 of them (4%) have rushed for 1000 yards in a season. If James Robinson bucks that 96%, then more power to you. Hey, sometimes our gut instinct is correct, but there's no process involved in that."

Is that the measure of success? I drafted james in 5 of 9 dynasty leagues in the 7th or 8th round (idp) 4th round (off only) because I didn't trust the backs in front of him.

And while 14 backs made it to 1000 yards rushing last season, and only 30 had more then 150 attempts. Only 9 backs did it in 17 and 18. Over the 3 seasons , 24 different backs had a 1000 yards season.

Of those 300 undrafted backs over the last 30 years who played 2 seasons, how many have played more then 30 games? As 334 players have rushing stats of at least 1 yard last season, Only 4% of players with rushing stats hit 1000 yards last season.
How else would you measure success? Maybe I could do a 1000 total yards, but that's not going to change the reality.

I'm not sure what point you're making by bringing up the amount of players who've had 1000+ yard seasons in a given season. I'm comparing UDFAs to UDFAs. We can compare RB hit rates by draft pedigree.
Because your asking for a top 10 performance to be the only measure of success. If he goes on to have 5 seasons of 900 yards, it would still make him a good rb. But fail to meet your standard. We all expect the hit rate to be lower the further down the rounds you fall, but the measure of success should also be lowered as you go.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:36 pm

remedy29 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:46 am Is it possible that James Robinson went undrafted due to a very late nighttime run during the NFL combine, which he didn't get a chance to make up for during a Pro Day (which many previous college players have benefited from)?

Because everything else you read about this guy says he is an NFL RB.
:shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: Let them look at the information they want to. It doesn’t matter WHY he went undrafted :ewink: all that matters is that he was. Can’t you see? Marketing exposure isn’t relevant to draft position. That’s crazy talk.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:41 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:36 pm
remedy29 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:46 am Is it possible that James Robinson went undrafted due to a very late nighttime run during the NFL combine, which he didn't get a chance to make up for during a Pro Day (which many previous college players have benefited from)?

Because everything else you read about this guy says he is an NFL RB.
:shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: Let them look at the information they want to. It doesn’t matter WHY he went undrafted :ewink: all that matters is that he was. Can’t you see? Marketing exposure isn’t relevant to draft position. That’s crazy talk.
No is the answer to the question. Lots of RB's ran times similar to his. Like, CEH, who went in the first round. Robinson didn't go undrafted simply because of a 40 time.

Other than the 40, his metrics are actually excellent. So it had to be something else. The NFL does miss on guys sometimes, maybe Robinson is that guy. We'll have to wait and see, but the 40 time he ran would not be the only reason he wasn't drafted. It wasn't that bad, especially at his weight.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:54 pm

millworkguy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:28 pm
millworkguy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:11 am "As a result, we play the odds. And the odds say that of the 300 undrafted RBs who've played at least two seasons in the NFL in the last 30 years, only 12 of them (4%) have rushed for 1000 yards in a season. If James Robinson bucks that 96%, then more power to you. Hey, sometimes our gut instinct is correct, but there's no process involved in that."

Is that the measure of success? I drafted james in 5 of 9 dynasty leagues in the 7th or 8th round (idp) 4th round (off only) because I didn't trust the backs in front of him.

And while 14 backs made it to 1000 yards rushing last season, and only 30 had more then 150 attempts. Only 9 backs did it in 17 and 18. Over the 3 seasons , 24 different backs had a 1000 yards season.

Of those 300 undrafted backs over the last 30 years who played 2 seasons, how many have played more then 30 games? As 334 players have rushing stats of at least 1 yard last season, Only 4% of players with rushing stats hit 1000 yards last season.
How else would you measure success? Maybe I could do a 1000 total yards, but that's not going to change the reality.

I'm not sure what point you're making by bringing up the amount of players who've had 1000+ yard seasons in a given season. I'm comparing UDFAs to UDFAs. We can compare RB hit rates by draft pedigree.
Because your asking for a top 10 performance to be the only measure of success. If he goes on to have 5 seasons of 900 yards, it would still make him a good rb. But fail to meet your standard. We all expect the hit rate to be lower the further down the rounds you fall, but the measure of success should also be lowered as you go.
How many RBs can you think of who held onto a starting role long-term without going over 1000 once?

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:57 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:41 pm. So it had to be something else.
Smaller school?

Lesser competition?

Not as shiny and marketable, perhaps?

:think:

But he was undrafted sooo let’s blindly sort him into that box, that’s much easier. Maybe we will be surprised later and call it a miracle if it works out. :dance:
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:04 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:57 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:41 pm. So it had to be something else.
Smaller school?

Lesser competition?

Not as shiny and marketable, perhaps?

:think:

But he was undrafted sooo let’s blindly sort him into that box, that’s much easier. Maybe we will be surprised later and call it a miracle if it works out. :dance:
I think the small school, combined with lack of pro day, perhaps. I think tape has a lot more to do with it than the 40. Doesn't mean they are right. He may get a shot for an entire year, who knows? Not sure what that means for FF, the Jags running game probably won't be very good, but it will be interesting to find out.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:15 pm

Im really disappointed that I stayed active in this thread for an additional 4-5 pages AND I burned my salmon. :wall: :lol:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:16 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:54 pm
millworkguy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:28 pm

How many RBs can you think of who held onto a starting role long-term without going over 1000 once?
None, off the top of my head
but
Reuben Droughns,
CJ spiller
Derrick ward
Ladell Betts
Tatum Bell
Kevin Jones
Olandis Gary
Chris Brown
LenDale White
Raymont Harris
Robert Edwards
Anthony Johnson
LaMont Jordan
Justin Fargas
Abdul-Karim Al-Jabbar
Dominic Rhodes
Steve Slaton
Kevan Barlow
Stevan Ridley
And
Peyton Hillis
Are all great rb's in your book?
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:19 pm

This thread is as exhausting as the old FantasyDumDum/DWill/FPPT thread

I grab Robinson off waives. If I can flip him for a 2nd after this weekend I will absolutely do that but frankly I doubt I can. The hype is building though. We will see how he does on a bad team against a good defense Sunday!
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:39 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:19 pm This thread is as exhausting as the old FantasyDumDum/DWill/FPPT thread

I grab Robinson off waives. If I can flip him for a 2nd after this weekend I will absolutely do that but frankly I doubt I can. The hype is building though. We will see how he does on a bad team against a good defense Sunday!
Didn't that thing go like 200 pages?

I still love the Lamar Jackson vs Geronimo thread the most

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:48 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:39 pm
TimeWillTell wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:19 pm This thread is as exhausting as the old FantasyDumDum/DWill/FPPT thread

Yeah, then he got banned, changed his name to MyTeamisTerrrible, and started a Jaylen Samuels thread, stating he was the next big thing, also due to FPPT, then got banned again. :lol:

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:48 pm

Yeah, then he got banned, changed his name to MyTeamisTerrrible, and started a Jaylen Samuels thread, stating he was the next big thing, also due to FPPT, then got banned again. :lol:
20 pages that seems like 200 with all the novels written.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:09 pm

millworkguy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:16 pm
but
Reuben Droughns,
CJ spiller
Derrick ward
Ladell Betts
Tatum Bell
Kevin Jones
Olandis Gary
Chris Brown
LenDale White
Raymont Harris
Robert Edwards
Anthony Johnson
LaMont Jordan
Justin Fargas
Abdul-Karim Al-Jabbar
Dominic Rhodes
Steve Slaton
Kevan Barlow
Stevan Ridley
And
Peyton Hillis
You're moving goalposts. A 1000 yard season is a hit and an opportunity to sell an RB for good value. Each RB on that list could've been sold for an asset at some point before they inevitably faded. Isn't that the point of what you guys are talking about Robinson with?

If Robinson has a 600 yard season, nobody is going to care. Hell, Rob Kelley had 700 yards as a rookie and was out of the league two years later. So, if you don't see the significance of a 1000 yard rushing season, then I don't know what more to tell you.

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:38 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:09 pm
millworkguy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:16 pm
but
Reuben Droughns,
CJ spiller
Derrick ward
Ladell Betts
Tatum Bell
Kevin Jones
Olandis Gary
Chris Brown
LenDale White
Raymont Harris
Robert Edwards
Anthony Johnson
LaMont Jordan
Justin Fargas
Abdul-Karim Al-Jabbar
Dominic Rhodes
Steve Slaton
Kevan Barlow
Stevan Ridley
And
Peyton Hillis
You're moving goalposts. A 1000 yard season is a hit and an opportunity to sell an RB for good value. Each RB on that list could've been sold for an asset at some point before they inevitably faded. Isn't that the point of what you guys are talking about Robinson with?

If Robinson has a 600 yard season, nobody is going to care. Hell, Rob Kelley had 700 yards as a rookie and was out of the league two years later. So, if you don't see the significance of a 1000 yard rushing season, then I don't know what more to tell you.
No, I suggested moving the goalposts as 1000 yards is typical top 10 rb, i felt it was too high a standard for UDFA but you kept on about a1000 makes a good rb, so all the rb's on my list made 1000 yards once, and now you don't like my list. So, have your opinion, I'll have mine, and I don't need an udfa (my 7th round rookie pick) to be top a top 10 rb to be a successful pick, no matter when I move him, I haven't lost (based on the success rate if later picks you keep showing us)
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:28 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:48 pm

I'm lowkey convinced that MFundercover and Godwin Complex are his new burners - they post back-to-back all the time and love agreeing with each other :lol:

Can't wait for James Robinson to crash and burn in an almighty rout by the Colts on Sunday. It's going to be a killing field out there... and I'm -sure- this thread will definitely, almost certainly, ok perhaps not at all, go quietly into the night...