Kamara Holdout?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1845
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Kamara Holdout?

Postby AussieMate » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:26 pm

I mean, it wouldn't be an RB trade thread without naming Philly as a trade partner.... :wink:

Online
abloom
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5410
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:33 am

Re: Kamara Holdout?

Postby abloom » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:47 pm

Apparently saints want to give $12m / yr, kamara wants 16m. Saints want a 1st rounder for kamara. Don't see him going anywhere for a first, and I guess with that money saints would be franchising him next year if no long term deal.
Dynasty Team #1: 7-5 (7th place)
2019 2nd Place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Wentz,Tannehill, Bridgewater
R: CMC,Taylor,Robinson,Fournette,Peterson
W: Evans,Edelman,Cobb,Davis,Mooney,Lazard(IR),Cole
T: Goedert(IR),Henry,Bryant,Dissly
D: NE,BAL
K: Bullock

2021 Picks: 1,2,4,5,6,7
---
Dynasty Team #2: 12-0 (1st place-Clinched 1st round bye)
2019 3rd place
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Wilson, Murray, Cousins, Trubisky, Smith, Dalton
R: Cook, Dobbins, Swift, Monty, Michel, Mattison
W: Nuk, Godwin, Metcalf, K Allen, Edwards, AB, Sutton(IR)
T: Kelce
K: Tucker
D: PIT

2021 picks: 1,1,4,4,5,6,7
---
DLF advice forum league: 3-9 (11th place)
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes ,Tua, Mullens, Love, Flacco, Hoyer, Rypien, Bethard
R: Michel, Moss, Hyde, Bernard, Richard, Darrel Williams, Damien Williams, C Thompson
W: Juju, Cooper, Allen, Sanders, D Moore
T: Schultz, Doyle, Asiasi, Thomas

2021 Picks: 1,1,1,2,3,4,4,4

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10141
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Kamara Holdout?

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:48 pm

Really can't see anyone paying a 1st round pick for Kamara in this climate, so it seems like a new deal gets done or he just sits out and gets tagged.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Kamara Holdout?

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:26 pm

abloom wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:47 pm
Apparently saints want to give $12m / yr, kamara wants 16m. Saints want a 1st rounder for kamara. Don't see him going anywhere for a first, and I guess with that money saints would be franchising him next year if no long term deal.
He should take 12 million and the guaranteed money. The cap goes down significantly next year, and there's a very good chance that it will be lower for years than it is this year. I'm actually surprised teams are paying 12 a year to a RB since the cap drop has become a reality.

User avatar
Forza_Azzurri
Captain
Captain
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:52 am

Re: Kamara Holdout?

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:58 pm

I suspect Kamara will be playing Week 1 for Saints ... he has very little leverage & the fact the Saints said that they were willing to deal him is a way to demonstrate how little leverage he has. So next year, the Saints will Franchise Tag him and no one will be willing to giving up that compensation which further erodes any leverage Kamara has.

16 Team PPR | QB (1) RB (2-4) WR (2-5) TE (1-2) K (1) | DT (1-2) DE (2-4) LB (2-5) CB (3-6) S (2-5)

|QB| J. Allen, D. Lock, E. Stick (taxi)
|RB| A. Kamara, J. Jacobs, J. Mixon, L. Murray, R. Anderson
|WR| C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, M. Gallup, J. Ross
|TE| M. Gesicki, I. Thomas, T. Eifert, M. LaCosse
|K| G. Zuerlein, B. Maher
|DT| S. Richardson, Q. Williams, T. Bryan, T. Hill (taxi)
|DE| D. Lawrence, Y. Ngakoue, C. Young, J. Clowney, J. Pierre-Paul, D. Barnett, A. Key, J. Sweat (taxi)
|LB| L. Vander Esch, D. Trevathan, I. Simmons, R. Foster, N. Gerry, M. Kendricks, V. Joseph, T.J. Edwards, S. Dion Hamilton, S. Eguavoen (taxi), S. Ebukam, M. Jefferson, D. Cole, K. Beckwith
|CB| S. Gilmore, D. Trufant, G. Conley, B. Jones, G. Haley
|S| M. Fitzpatrick, T. Walker, X. Woods, E. Murray
|2020 PICKS| 2.05, 3.11, 5.15 & 6.15
|2021 PICKS| #1 (x2), #2, #3
|2022 PICKS| #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6

perkinsrooster
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Kamara Holdout?

Postby perkinsrooster » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:41 pm

Is anyone less worried about his contract situation than the fact that he needed an epidural for back pain before the first week of the season? I am the latter.

User avatar
mild
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1400
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: the Underworld

Re: Kamara Holdout?

Postby mild » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:56 pm

perkinsrooster wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:41 pm
Is anyone less worried about his contract situation than the fact that he needed an epidural for back pain before the first week of the season? I am the latter.
I thought the exact same thing. I had to google exactly what it entailed...
Epidural corticosteroid shots (injections) may give you short-term relief from back pain that runs down your leg. On average, pain relief from the shots lasts about 3 months. But that may be enough time for your back to heal so your pain doesn't come back.
They're probably more common than we know - but yikes, if that's what you need to get ready to play one of the most violent sports known to man at the tender old-arse age of 25... then it most definitely doesn't sound fun, and it's worrying at the least.

perkinsrooster
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Kamara Holdout?

Postby perkinsrooster » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:58 pm

He is creeping up my 'To Trade' list. Unfortunately (fortunately?) I'm contending and thin at RB so I can't get too cute.

95dent
Starter
Starter
Posts: 698
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:10 am

Re: Kamara Holdout?

Postby 95dent » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:29 pm

abloom wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:00 pm
moishetreats wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:58 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:52 am
"Kamara's absence might be solved with contract extension"-NFL.com

LOL
Actually, this is responsible journalism. It has yet to be confirmed that Kamara is officially holding out or absent because of a contract dispute. Thus, NLF.com writes appropriately that his absence "might" be solved with an extension. Saying that it "would" be solved means that his absence has been confirmed as contract related. And that's simply not the case.
Furthermore, players can get fined for holding out (and the money can no longer be returned in the new CBA). However injuries that keep players out of practice, like mixons headaches, result in no fine.
Fines can still be returned if the player is on his rookie contract still.

Online
abloom
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5410
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:33 am

Re: Kamara Holdout?

Postby abloom » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:26 am

95dent wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:29 pm
abloom wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:00 pm
moishetreats wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:58 am


Actually, this is responsible journalism. It has yet to be confirmed that Kamara is officially holding out or absent because of a contract dispute. Thus, NLF.com writes appropriately that his absence "might" be solved with an extension. Saying that it "would" be solved means that his absence has been confirmed as contract related. And that's simply not the case.
Furthermore, players can get fined for holding out (and the money can no longer be returned in the new CBA). However injuries that keep players out of practice, like mixons headaches, result in no fine.
Fines can still be returned if the player is on his rookie contract still.
Faily certain that if they are holdouts related they can't be, but I may be wrong on that.
Dynasty Team #1: 7-5 (7th place)
2019 2nd Place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Wentz,Tannehill, Bridgewater
R: CMC,Taylor,Robinson,Fournette,Peterson
W: Evans,Edelman,Cobb,Davis,Mooney,Lazard(IR),Cole
T: Goedert(IR),Henry,Bryant,Dissly
D: NE,BAL
K: Bullock

2021 Picks: 1,2,4,5,6,7
---
Dynasty Team #2: 12-0 (1st place-Clinched 1st round bye)
2019 3rd place
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Wilson, Murray, Cousins, Trubisky, Smith, Dalton
R: Cook, Dobbins, Swift, Monty, Michel, Mattison
W: Nuk, Godwin, Metcalf, K Allen, Edwards, AB, Sutton(IR)
T: Kelce
K: Tucker
D: PIT

2021 picks: 1,1,4,4,5,6,7
---
DLF advice forum league: 3-9 (11th place)
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes ,Tua, Mullens, Love, Flacco, Hoyer, Rypien, Bethard
R: Michel, Moss, Hyde, Bernard, Richard, Darrel Williams, Damien Williams, C Thompson
W: Juju, Cooper, Allen, Sanders, D Moore
T: Schultz, Doyle, Asiasi, Thomas

2021 Picks: 1,1,1,2,3,4,4,4

95dent
Starter
Starter
Posts: 698
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:10 am

Re: Kamara Holdout?

Postby 95dent » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:35 am

abloom wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:26 am
95dent wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:29 pm
abloom wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:00 pm


Furthermore, players can get fined for holding out (and the money can no longer be returned in the new CBA). However injuries that keep players out of practice, like mixons headaches, result in no fine.
Fines can still be returned if the player is on his rookie contract still.
Faily certain that if they are holdouts related they can't be, but I may be wrong on that.
Jason Fitzgerald who runs Overthecap was asked the question on twitter, and he replied rookies can have the fines rescinded on hold outs. Vets cannot.

Online
abloom
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5410
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:33 am

Re: Kamara Holdout?

Postby abloom » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:50 am

95dent wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:35 am
abloom wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:26 am
95dent wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:29 pm


Fines can still be returned if the player is on his rookie contract still.
Faily certain that if they are holdouts related they can't be, but I may be wrong on that.
Jason Fitzgerald who runs Overthecap was asked the question on twitter, and he replied rookies can have the fines rescinded on hold outs. Vets cannot.
Okay thanks.
Dynasty Team #1: 7-5 (7th place)
2019 2nd Place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Wentz,Tannehill, Bridgewater
R: CMC,Taylor,Robinson,Fournette,Peterson
W: Evans,Edelman,Cobb,Davis,Mooney,Lazard(IR),Cole
T: Goedert(IR),Henry,Bryant,Dissly
D: NE,BAL
K: Bullock

2021 Picks: 1,2,4,5,6,7
---
Dynasty Team #2: 12-0 (1st place-Clinched 1st round bye)
2019 3rd place
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Wilson, Murray, Cousins, Trubisky, Smith, Dalton
R: Cook, Dobbins, Swift, Monty, Michel, Mattison
W: Nuk, Godwin, Metcalf, K Allen, Edwards, AB, Sutton(IR)
T: Kelce
K: Tucker
D: PIT

2021 picks: 1,1,4,4,5,6,7
---
DLF advice forum league: 3-9 (11th place)
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes ,Tua, Mullens, Love, Flacco, Hoyer, Rypien, Bethard
R: Michel, Moss, Hyde, Bernard, Richard, Darrel Williams, Damien Williams, C Thompson
W: Juju, Cooper, Allen, Sanders, D Moore
T: Schultz, Doyle, Asiasi, Thomas

2021 Picks: 1,1,1,2,3,4,4,4

Yarnith
Captain
Captain
Posts: 855
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 10:31 am

Re: Kamara Holdout?

Postby Yarnith » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:26 am

(RotoWire) Kamara is expected to return to practice Wednesday, Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports.

Analysis: Kamara has not participated in practice since Friday due reasons that were initially called contract-related, but Pelissero now notes that his absence was due to an epidural shot in his back. In any case, if Kamara does rejoin teammates Wednesday it could indicate that he and the team have made some progress in talks. The star running back's decision to resume practicing comes following a report by Josina Anderson of ESPN that the Saints would be open to trading Kamara if the two sides can't agree on a long-term deal.
12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex


QB: J. Allen, J. Goff, D. Haskins

RB: E. Elliott, A. Kamara, CEH. J. Taylor, B. Love, D. Dallas, D. Guice, R. Calais, D. Washington

WR: A. Cooper, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Schuster, D. Slayton, P. Williams, R. Woods, H. Ruggs, D. Mims, T. Smith, KJ Hamler

TE: H. Henry, G. Kittle, I. Thomas

2021 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th x3

waynesworld1234
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Re: Kamara Holdout?

Postby waynesworld1234 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:04 am

mild wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:56 pm
perkinsrooster wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:41 pm
Is anyone less worried about his contract situation than the fact that he needed an epidural for back pain before the first week of the season? I am the latter.
I thought the exact same thing. I had to google exactly what it entailed...
Epidural corticosteroid shots (injections) may give you short-term relief from back pain that runs down your leg. On average, pain relief from the shots lasts about 3 months. But that may be enough time for your back to heal so your pain doesn't come back.
They're probably more common than we know - but yikes, if that's what you need to get ready to play one of the most violent sports known to man at the tender old-arse age of 25... then it most definitely doesn't sound fun, and it's worrying at the least.
There must be different kinds of epidurals. I only know it as the shot that numbs half your body before giving birth. If he had that, then he has issues.

CGW
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1885
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Kamara Holdout?

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:04 am

waynesworld1234 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:04 am
mild wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:56 pm
perkinsrooster wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:41 pm
Is anyone less worried about his contract situation than the fact that he needed an epidural for back pain before the first week of the season? I am the latter.
I thought the exact same thing. I had to google exactly what it entailed...
Epidural corticosteroid shots (injections) may give you short-term relief from back pain that runs down your leg. On average, pain relief from the shots lasts about 3 months. But that may be enough time for your back to heal so your pain doesn't come back.
They're probably more common than we know - but yikes, if that's what you need to get ready to play one of the most violent sports known to man at the tender old-arse age of 25... then it most definitely doesn't sound fun, and it's worrying at the least.
There must be different kinds of epidurals. I only know it as the shot that numbs half your body before giving birth. If he had that, then he has issues.
There are different types. Epidural used in childbirth vs injection. I believe both are used to direct medication to the spine, just different medications, locations, and desired outcome.

It does worry me if he's having severe pain already before the season even starts. Not a good sign.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Flacco, Walker
RB | CEH, Taylor, Gaskin, Singletary, Wilkins, Ahmed
WR | Adams, Evans, Golladay, Cooper, D. Johnson, Miller, G. Davis, Mooney, Pascal
TE | Andrews, Alie-Cox, Rodgers

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Minshew, Tagovailoa
RB | Montgomery, Singletary, Murray, R. Jones, Dobbins, Swift, Vaughn
WR | Godwin, AJ Brown, Lamb, M. Brown, D. Johnson, Slayton, Aiyuk, Reynolds, Fulgham, Peoples-Jones, Mooney
TE | Andrews, Henry, Herndon, Sample

12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Wilson, Darnold, Trubisky, Fromme, Smith, Flacco
RB | Guice, Hines, Penny, Henderson, Wilkins
WR | Evans, Golladay, Ridley, Kupp, D. Johnson, Pittman, Fulgham, Mooney, Ward, T. Smith, Zaccheus
TE | Ertz, Herndon, Sternberger, L. Thomas


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests