Alvin Kamara: Confident or Concerned

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kamara Holdout?

Postby abloom » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:47 pm

Apparently saints want to give $12m / yr, kamara wants 16m. Saints want a 1st rounder for kamara. Don't see him going anywhere for a first, and I guess with that money saints would be franchising him next year if no long term deal.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:48 pm

Really can't see anyone paying a 1st round pick for Kamara in this climate, so it seems like a new deal gets done or he just sits out and gets tagged.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:26 pm

abloom wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:47 pm Apparently saints want to give $12m / yr, kamara wants 16m. Saints want a 1st rounder for kamara. Don't see him going anywhere for a first, and I guess with that money saints would be franchising him next year if no long term deal.
He should take 12 million and the guaranteed money. The cap goes down significantly next year, and there's a very good chance that it will be lower for years than it is this year. I'm actually surprised teams are paying 12 a year to a RB since the cap drop has become a reality.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:58 pm

I suspect Kamara will be playing Week 1 for Saints ... he has very little leverage & the fact the Saints said that they were willing to deal him is a way to demonstrate how little leverage he has. So next year, the Saints will Franchise Tag him and no one will be willing to giving up that compensation which further erodes any leverage Kamara has.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:41 pm

Is anyone less worried about his contract situation than the fact that he needed an epidural for back pain before the first week of the season? I am the latter.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:56 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:41 pm Is anyone less worried about his contract situation than the fact that he needed an epidural for back pain before the first week of the season? I am the latter.
I thought the exact same thing. I had to google exactly what it entailed...
Epidural corticosteroid shots (injections) may give you short-term relief from back pain that runs down your leg. On average, pain relief from the shots lasts about 3 months. But that may be enough time for your back to heal so your pain doesn't come back.
They're probably more common than we know - but yikes, if that's what you need to get ready to play one of the most violent sports known to man at the tender old-arse age of 25... then it most definitely doesn't sound fun, and it's worrying at the least.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:58 pm

He is creeping up my 'To Trade' list. Unfortunately (fortunately?) I'm contending and thin at RB so I can't get too cute.

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:29 pm

abloom wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:00 pm
moishetreats wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:58 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:52 am "Kamara's absence might be solved with contract extension"-NFL.com

LOL
Actually, this is responsible journalism. It has yet to be confirmed that Kamara is officially holding out or absent because of a contract dispute. Thus, NLF.com writes appropriately that his absence "might" be solved with an extension. Saying that it "would" be solved means that his absence has been confirmed as contract related. And that's simply not the case.
Furthermore, players can get fined for holding out (and the money can no longer be returned in the new CBA). However injuries that keep players out of practice, like mixons headaches, result in no fine.
Fines can still be returned if the player is on his rookie contract still.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:26 am

95dent wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:29 pm
moishetreats wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:58 am

Actually, this is responsible journalism. It has yet to be confirmed that Kamara is officially holding out or absent because of a contract dispute. Thus, NLF.com writes appropriately that his absence "might" be solved with an extension. Saying that it "would" be solved means that his absence has been confirmed as contract related. And that's simply not the case.
Furthermore, players can get fined for holding out (and the money can no longer be returned in the new CBA). However injuries that keep players out of practice, like mixons headaches, result in no fine.
Faily certain that if they are holdouts related they can't be, but I may be wrong on that.

R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:35 am

abloom wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:26 am

Faily certain that if they are holdouts related they can't be, but I may be wrong on that.
Jason Fitzgerald who runs Overthecap was asked the question on twitter, and he replied rookies can have the fines rescinded on hold outs. Vets cannot.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:50 am

95dent wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:35 am
abloom wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:26 am

Jason Fitzgerald who runs Overthecap was asked the question on twitter, and he replied rookies can have the fines rescinded on hold outs. Vets cannot.
Okay thanks.

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:26 am

(RotoWire) Kamara is expected to return to practice Wednesday, Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports.

Analysis: Kamara has not participated in practice since Friday due reasons that were initially called contract-related, but Pelissero now notes that his absence was due to an epidural shot in his back. In any case, if Kamara does rejoin teammates Wednesday it could indicate that he and the team have made some progress in talks. The star running back's decision to resume practicing comes following a report by Josina Anderson of ESPN that the Saints would be open to trading Kamara if the two sides can't agree on a long-term deal.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:04 am

mild wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:56 pm
perkinsrooster wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:41 pm Is anyone less worried about his contract situation than the fact that he needed an epidural for back pain before the first week of the season? I am the latter.
Epidural corticosteroid shots (injections) may give you short-term relief from back pain that runs down your leg. On average, pain relief from the shots lasts about 3 months. But that may be enough time for your back to heal so your pain doesn't come back.
They're probably more common than we know - but yikes, if that's what you need to get ready to play one of the most violent sports known to man at the tender old-arse age of 25... then it most definitely doesn't sound fun, and it's worrying at the least.
There must be different kinds of epidurals. I only know it as the shot that numbs half your body before giving birth. If he had that, then he has issues.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:04 am

waynesworld1234 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:04 am
mild wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:56 pm
There must be different kinds of epidurals. I only know it as the shot that numbs half your body before giving birth. If he had that, then he has issues.
There are different types. Epidural used in childbirth vs injection. I believe both are used to direct medication to the spine, just different medications, locations, and desired outcome.

It does worry me if he's having severe pain already before the season even starts. Not a good sign.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:08 am

Epidural is just where the injection goes. He almost certainly had epidural steroid which doesn't numb anything up just calm down inflammation. In childbirth epidural anesthetic +/- narcotic is used which numbs everything in the lower half of the body and makes it hard to move your legs.

I think it's pretty common for nfl players to get steroid injections. But does anyone know specifically spine related? That doesn't sound very good to me.