Fournette - what to do with him

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Leonard Fournette: Released!!!!!???

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:11 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:00 pm What players were tired of Fournette?

That would change things if his attitude affected them. All I’ve seen tho is the coaches and management were sick of him. And this is the management and coaching culture that’s so bad, 25% of all grievances filed across the league were against the Jaguars. And the NFLPA straight up told players to reconsider if they were thinking of signing with the Jaguars.

I feel like the Jags are more to blame than anything here. Lots of players were wanting out, LF just got it.
Yeah I was gonna say, I'm not gonna argue Fournette looked great last year or anything, but I think we're putting way too much stock into an organization that though Foles was the answer, that is currently sabotaging a promising young QB they lucked into, and a team in which all it's good players are disgruntled and want to leave.

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:13 pm

Rumor is LF got into it with Minshew and threatened to shave off his mustache. 2 offensive linemen had to step in and calm LF down.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:28 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:11 pm
Mjvb5 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:59 am
joeday wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:56 am

yeah...if you would only reverse trades for your other friends in the league because you feel bad about how they turned out that, by definition, is collusion lol
x2
Oh my god, you guys are making something out of nothing. Guy felt bad that he dealt his friend a player who got cut days later. The value of the trade wasn't hinging on LF. Lockett was worth the 1.05 and LF was worth way more than the rest of what he got. Then LF gets cut and the trade looks completely even. It's not "by definition, collusion" as we understand it in the fantasy football community because FF collusion requires an effort to make a team better by making unbalanced trades. Nothing about this is unbalanced, and trading back players involved, again a fair value, wouldn't constitute that definition. You know this is the case. You're just being difficult. Save your ire for the Patriots kicker for Deandre Swift threads.
Agreed. Or anyone that traded away Luck last year just wiped away the sweat off their brow and walked away snickering. It's part of the game. It sucks, but it happens more than we think.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:31 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:46 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:17 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:44 am He's only on a $4 million salary, and if he signs with a different team next season, any team that acquires him this year will receive a compensatory 2022 pick.
I don't think that's how the compensatory system works.

Pretty sure it's based on the player's next contract. If someone signs Fournette for a one year contract, and his next contract is with a different team for a LOT more money, a compensatory pick may be gained if that team loses players to contracts more than they sign.

It's possible a team that signs Fournette this season gets a pick, but it's far from guaranteed and there are other factors.
You're right. I shortened my post but in my mind he's going to be able to do that, so I was already assuming a pick was bound to happen.
Sure would be nice if the NFL released the formula. What do they gain by keeping it a secret?
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:35 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:31 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:17 am

I don't think that's how the compensatory system works.

Pretty sure it's based on the player's next contract. If someone signs Fournette for a one year contract, and his next contract is with a different team for a LOT more money, a compensatory pick may be gained if that team loses players to contracts more than they sign.

It's possible a team that signs Fournette this season gets a pick, but it's far from guaranteed and there are other factors.
You're right. I shortened my post but in my mind he's going to be able to do that, so I was already assuming a pick was bound to happen.
Sure would be nice if the NFL released the formula. What do they gain by keeping it a secret?
It's like 'Whose Line is it Anyway?' : Everything is made up and the points don't matter. They have no idea how they actually do it either.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:43 pm

So is it safe to assume he cleared waivers since we haven’t heard an official announcement yet?
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:46 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:35 pm
It's like 'Whose Line is it Anyway?' : Everything is made up and the points don't matter. They have no idea how they actually do it either.
I know you are mostly just joking, but the formula is pretty well figured out at this point and it is based on the contracts signed during the beginning period of free agency vs the contracts of free agents lost to other teams during the beginning period of free agency. Bigger contracts signed by players leaving weight towards higher draft picks, but the # of players lost vs gained determines the # of comp picks.
Overthecap has a comp pick cancellation chart that they put together during free agency that has gotten to the point of being almost entirely accurate.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:52 pm

well he cleared waivers

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:57 pm

Wonder if this means he cleared waivers? Why else would he file to get his salary back.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 2658685954

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Leonard Fournette has filed a grievance against the Jaguars to recoup his $4.167 million salary for 2020.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:58 pm

joeday wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:07 pm Don't take this the wrong way, but do I know you? I haven't commented on any Patriots kicker or Deandre Swift threads. Either you are confusing me for someone else or you just like to be difficult.

If I was one of the other 10 owners in the league and that deal got reversed I would have questions about it...you don't think thats fair?
No I don’t believe I know you. The Swift comment was a joke referring to both a recent specific thread that presumably included collusion, and is also an objectively audacious trade that one could use as reference for collusion. I realize that probably came off as surly; in my mind it was a humorous and generic reference.

I think it’s fair that you might have a question about any trade that was reversed. I was annoyed that you assumed the posters positive intentions were indicative of something premeditate and unethical, as collusion would imply. People on the forums throw that word around a lot a la conspiracy theorists when it likely just isn’t that prevalent in practice. Sometimes bad trades happen between two people who were not co-conspiring. In this case someone felt bad for potentially harming their friends team after circumstances changed very shortly after the trade happened. There are a lot of reasons, most notably acting in good faith toward a friend, that someone might feel this way and potentially act on it.

I feel like your operative definition of collusion is incomplete in that it doesn’t account for bad intentions, actual inequity, or most notably the presence of two parties working together to obtain said unethical outcome. I could be lame and quote a dictionary definition but I’ll spare us all.

But in summation I brought in outside frustration in my response to your presumably well intentioned post. This is probably an example where my opinion was best kept to myself.
Last edited by jcc6fd on Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:59 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:57 pm Wonder if this means he cleared waivers? Why else would he file to get his salary back.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 2658685954

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Leonard Fournette has filed a grievance against the Jaguars to recoup his $4.167 million salary for 2020.
"Fournette went unclaimed in the waiver process, a source told ESPN."
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:03 pm

I'm perplexed. Here's a guy who's entering the prime of his career at 25. Not only do the Jags not want him for $4 million, but nobody wants him. He's been injured a bit, but he played 15 games last year for a total of 1500+ yards. Given the dysfunctional nature of the Jaguars offense, I'd say that was pretty good. His running style has also changed. He went from full-on aggressive to finding ways to avoid taking punishing hits.

I gotta admit I'm still a fan, but I also don't know what the coaches know.

Can't wait to see where he goes.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:15 pm

KC reportedly interested.... ahhhh time to laugh at the CEH going 5th overall train

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:16 pm

CubfanAA wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:46 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:35 pm

I know you are mostly just joking, but the formula is pretty well figured out at this point and it is based on the contracts signed during the beginning period of free agency vs the contracts of free agents lost to other teams during the beginning period of free agency. Bigger contracts signed by players leaving weight towards higher draft picks, but the # of players lost vs gained determines the # of comp picks.
Overthecap has a comp pick cancellation chart that they put together during free agency that has gotten to the point of being almost entirely accurate.
Yes it was a joke, but how do they place exactly where it should fall in the said round? You get a compensatory 2nd round pick, but it's 36 and not 53. There doesn't seem to be much of a formula to that part of the equation.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:17 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:03 pm I'm perplexed. Here's a guy who's entering the prime of his career at 25. Not only do the Jags not want him for $4 million, but nobody wants him. He's been injured a bit, but he played 15 games last year for a total of 1500+ yards. Given the dysfunctional nature of the Jaguars offense, I'd say that was pretty good. His running style has also changed. He went from full-on aggressive to finding ways to avoid taking punishing hits.

I gotta admit I'm still a fan, but I also don't know what the coaches know.

Can't wait to see where he goes.
Do you think he needs help getting that $100 bill off the back of his shoulder pads?