Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:16 am

Ice wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:13 am Landing spots.... Hmm
Tampa
NE
Chicago
Miami
Jets
Saints
Washington, Philly. I'd add those 2. Maybe TB? Lots of teams could use him, they didn't want to give up a pick for him, though, that's for sure. The other possibility is, he's not even signed until in season, or at least until after waivers, if nobody wants to pick up his current salary.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Leonard Fournette: Released!!!!!???

Postby McCafsteez » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:21 am

I have a feeling the Jags will bring in Devonta Freeman. Thoughts?

*EDIT* After reviewing with someone else, it wouldn't make too much since for Freeman to go there. He is an old veteran asking for a chunk of change. If the Jags are trying to tank, it makes no sense to spend the money on Freeman.
Last edited by McCafsteez on Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:22 am

McCafsteez wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:21 am I have a feeling the Jags will bring in Devonta Freeman. Thoughts?
Not sure they will. I think they will give the young guys a shot, see what they do. They aren't playing for this year. Freeman fired his agent, and supposedly is pretty delusional on his value, as he's looking for a lot more than the market is willing to pay. He turned down the offer Hyde eventually took in Seattle, supposedly. He's probably looking for more than Fournette was making, which is why he's not working. I'd be surprised if he signs there.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:28 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:11 am The Jags have 5 RBs on their roster (according to my quick check). 4 of them are 31 or older (31, 33, 34, 38). Only Armstead (23) is younger than 31. Crazy.

I don't think he's the long-term solution there, so buy with caution. If you already own Armstead, I think he's worth selling as soon as people think he's the starter on that roster.
James Robinson is only 22, a rookie. Prob the one I’d roll the dice in just for the unknown upside, Armstead and Ozigbo don’t really excite. Also Ozigbo is only 23, as is Armstead. Not sure where you are getting these ages from?

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:30 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:11 am The Jags have 5 RBs on their roster (according to my quick check). 4 of them are 31 or older (31, 33, 34, 38). Only Armstead (23) is younger than 31. Crazy.

I don't think he's the long-term solution there, so buy with caution. If you already own Armstead, I think he's worth selling as soon as people think he's the starter on that roster.
I don't think this is right. Ozigbo is 23. Thompson is 29.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:37 am

Doesn't Tampa have the least amount of cap space in the nfl? Jets, Bears, Washington seems most likely to me.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:37 am

sugbear65 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:28 am

James Robinson is only 22, a rookie. Prob the one I’d roll the dice in just for the unknown upside, Armstead and Ozigbo don’t really excite. Also Ozigbo is only 23, as is Armstead. Not sure where you are getting these ages from?
maybe he was looking at the jets roster?

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:43 am

Where are you getting your information? Armstead and Ozigbo are the leading candidates there and both are young guys. JAX also seems to like both, especially Armstead. I think both guys are capable, and Ozigbo is particularly interesting given what he did when Frost got the coaching job at Nebraska and turned him loose. He showed that he was a pretty well rounded and at times an explosive RB. Good speed, good size, good athleticism, can catch out of the backfield.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:43 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:01 am The question is Armstead vs. Ozigbo right? I’d guess it’ll be Armstead between th 20’s.
I like Armstead here. Gruden loves to pound the rock and Armstead profiles like a jack hammer.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:43 am

Ice wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:13 am Landing spots.... Hmm
Tampa
NE
Chicago
Miami
Jets
Saints
Tampa- RIP the rojo and Vaughn truthers, IMO hed walk into the lead role
NE- bye bye to any remaining hopes on Michel or Harris, walks into the lead role but loses almost all passing work to white
Chicago- would mean the injury to Monty is worse than we thought, loses passing work to white. Probably means Monty is on ice most of the year to get healthy and is worrying with the upcoming FA class.
Miami- yeah he'd beat out Howard and breida, both aren't too fantasy relevant though
Wash- AP is probably washed at that point, Gibson drops back to pre guice cut levels of value and still has the same gadget role.
Jets- oof this one would just kill every backs value as I think bell and LF would just make it too unpredictable week to week.
Saints-fills in the Murray role as an upgrade there and is similar to Ingram before, maybe a little worse.
Philly- drops Sanders short term value as he'd be in a committee and brings up a lot of the talk about pederson running just committees.
Seattle- means the Carson and penny injuries are worse than we thought most likely and there both on ice this year or for a chunk of it.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:43 am

TimeWillTell wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:30 am

I don't think this is right. Ozigbo is 23. Thompson is 29.
Silly me for thinking that the Jaguars website and ESPN, which both match, would have the correct rosters listed.

Devine Ozigbo is a dud. I researched him last year. Not impressed at all.
Chris Thompson is a scat back.
Nathan Cottrell is an older rookie who went undrafted. I don't know much about him.

James Robinson is intriguing. I remember reviewing him and thinking it wasn't worth my time because he'd probably go undrafted, and he did. But of all the guys on this roster to take an inexpensive shot on, for now this is my guy. But I'd only be stashing for the sake of trading him away for value later.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:48 am

I like Armstead. Appeared pretty decent in the passing game too and is big and runs with good power and speed

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:51 am

Devine Ozigbo

With Ryquell Armstead not on the practice field until Thursday due to being placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list, second-year running back Devine Ozigbo has gotten plenty of chances to show what he can do. Ozigbo was one of the preseason stars of the 2019 season after he impressed with the New Orleans Saints reserve offense, and so far in camp he has shown more of the same playmaking ability.

On running plays and drills, Ozigbo is hitting the hole hard and showing a lot of power to go along with his explosion. He hasn't shied away from contact at any point, and has even had a few bruising reps vs. linebackers in which you can say he dealt the punishment. As a pass-catcher, Ozigbo has been consistent in terms of his route running and ball security out of the backfield, even scoring on a checkdown during red zone drills on Friday. It remains to be seen just how many touches Ozigbo will get in an offense with Leonard Fournette in it, but so far he has been one of the highlights of the position.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:54 am

Jags RB situation won't be start worthy. Quick flip for a pick upgrade is what's to be gained from that situation. Fournette is the guy that could alter Fantasy seasons, IMO. Where does he go? Could be a big shake up.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:09 am

Honestly, I like Ozigbo better as a RB than Armstead, but I do own both after drafting Armstead late in his rookie year and picking up Ozigbo as a FA when he was an UDFA with NO.

Armstead is kind of a carbon copy of Samkon Gado. He’s a guided missle that yoy aim at a hole and then hope it’s open when he reaches it. If not, be ready for one hell of s collision. He is a very violent runner, but he only has one speed and not a whole lot of moves, and he’s not much in the receiving game.

Ozigbo is very well rounded, shows some patience while attacking the line, but can deliver a blow with his size, catches well out of the backfield, and has surprising speed for his size. His problem with being undrafted was that he was a late blooming one year wonder, and that can be attributed to Mike Riley and his incompetence as s HC. Frost completely turned Ozigbo around and there were more than a few people wondering how he got overlooked for an invite to the combine. His pro day testing showed him to be a very good athlete. 6’-0” 222 lbs 4.54 40, 37” vertical, 10’-4” broad jump 19 reps at 225 lbs. He would have turned in one of the better all around athletic numbers at the combine. Posted 7.0 ypa in the big 10 his final year with 13 carries a game, and lined up out wide and in the slot as well as being in the backfield.
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:22 am, edited 7 times in total.