Shenault = S.O.D?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Re: Shenault = S.O.D?

Postby KingsKing » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:17 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:56 pm
KingsKing wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:51 pm I don't think he does, I actually know he does because thats what he ran at the combine
:lol: So out of curiosity, do you know why he ran so few drills at the combine?
No, and either do you so don't pretend you do .Some guys choose not to run drills for various reasons, because they will perform poorly, agent advises them not to etc. He had a core muscle injury I've heard, do we know how much it affected his 40 time? of course not, some guys can play through injuries for an entire season, other guys can't. You can't speculate to know how fast he is. I tried looking for some sort of PFF this year to see if they tracked how fast he was on the field but I couldn't find anything.

He averaged a little over 10 ypc this season, not exactly burner numbers. Looking at his college numbers 11.8 and 13.6 again not exactly burner numbers. Chark by comparison averaged 18 and 22 ypc in college and 13.8 and 13.3 in the NFL

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:43 pm

KingsKing wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:51 pm No, and either do you so don't pretend you do .Some guys choose not to run drills for various reasons, because they will perform poorly, agent advises them not to etc. He had a core muscle injury I've heard, do we know how much it affected his 40 time? of course not, some guys can play through injuries for an entire season, other guys can't. You can't speculate to know how fast he is. I tried looking for some sort of PFF this year to see if they tracked how fast he was on the field but I couldn't find anything.

He averaged a little over 10 ypc this season, not exactly burner numbers. Looking at his college numbers 11.8 and 13.6 again not exactly burner numbers. Chark by comparison averaged 18 and 22 ypc in college and 13.8 and 13.3 in the NFL
KingsKing wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:51 pm I don't think he does, I actually know he does because thats what he ran at the combine
Well you certainly do not know it didn't affect him.

If you can seriously watch him play and tell me he's a sub athlete who was trying to hide bad times instead of accepting we don't have concrete athletic measurements for him because he had a core muscle injury that required surgery.. Idk what to say man... but it hardly matters in terms of his body type. He's 6'1 227 lbs. Chark's 6'4 200lb frame is on the svelte side.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:54 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:43 pm
KingsKing wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:51 pm No, and either do you so don't pretend you do .Some guys choose not to run drills for various reasons, because they will perform poorly, agent advises them not to etc. He had a core muscle injury I've heard, do we know how much it affected his 40 time? of course not, some guys can play through injuries for an entire season, other guys can't. You can't speculate to know how fast he is. I tried looking for some sort of PFF this year to see if they tracked how fast he was on the field but I couldn't find anything.

If you can seriously watch him play and tell me he's a sub athlete who was trying to hide bad times instead of accepting we don't have concrete athletic measurements for him because he had a core muscle injury that required surgery.. Idk what to say man... but it hardly matters in terms of his body type. He's 6'1 227 lbs. Chark's 6'4 200lb frame is on the svelte side.
It might have , but I can tell from watching him he isn't a 4.4 type and there isn't anything wrong with that. Plenty of hall of fame wr's never cracked sub 4.5 . His career YPR in college and 1st season are a good sample size to say he isn't a burner or elite level athlete. AJ Brown is the same height and weight and ran a 4.49 at the combine, he averaged 17 YPR in college and 16 YPR in his 2 seasons in the NFL . I would say he is a faster/better athlete than Shanault IMO.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:03 pm

KingsKing wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:54 pm

It might have , but I can tell from watching him he isn't a 4.4 type and there isn't anything wrong with that. Plenty of hall of fame wr's never cracked sub 4.5 . His career YPR in college and 1st season are a good sample size to say he isn't a burner or elite level athlete. AJ Brown is the same height and weight and ran a 4.49 at the combine, he averaged 17 YPR in college and 16 YPR in his 2 seasons in the NFL . I would say he is a faster/better athlete than Shanault IMO.
YPR is based on ADoT not necessarily speed. Shenault has thus far seen far more utilization as a designed YAC guy than downfield threat thus far in his career (although he has dabbled there, and improved in that area as the season wore on).

This goes back to when I called him a somewhat raw WR coming into the league. AJB and him are probably comparable athletes, but AJB was pro ready from college... Shenault's got a little more work to do. If I were to guess his 40 time, high 4.4 to low 4.5 guy is probably more accurate.. and like AJB his top end speed is higher than his 40 time would indicate. There is tape of him in college outrunning laser timed 4.3 highschool athletes downfield.

hankmurphy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hankmurphy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:27 am

Shenault was just beating up defenders every time he got the ball. He was also showing off some super impressive hands too! I think he’s going to be really fun to watch if he starts getting 8-10 quality targets per game.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:30 pm

Avery wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:50 pm Ok. This post comes with two (big) caveats.

1. I don’t watch much college ball and rely on opinions and information from people who do.

2. I’m self-aware enough that since I just took him when Mims (my target) went right before my pick, I’m trying to feel better about it.

With that being said, why is he being entirely forgotten In the dynasty community when other other players each have their own hype machines?

From what I’ve seen, he is a better route runner than Paterson (a common comp) and although still raw, a more polished and natural receiver.

There are two big knocks on him I’ve seen:
1. He sh@t the bed at the combine?
Dude was hurt and still ran a 4.58(?). I mean he was wearing a sports hernia needing surgery and was still fast enough for the NFL. That leads right in to #2...

2. Injury concerns.
Yup. He has a lot of injuries last year, and into this year, but players are injury risks... until they aren’t. I haven’t seen a systemic issue, like a repeated injury, that would speak of an issue. Just a string of bad luck.

So, although I get I’m trying to wear the rose colored glasses, I just see the same player that would have been a top WR taken in 2019 who suffered through an injury plagued year on a bad team, and due to a pandemic, couldn’t work out for teams making him a steal in the mid to late 2nd round, or later, of a rookie draft.

What am I missing/entirely wrong here?
So what did you end up doing?

I basically felt somewhat similarly and went after him everywhere but my keeper league. Ended up with him in 7/12 Dynasty leagues, and 1 of my 2 RSO Leagues. By and large I simply didn't have the pick to land him where I didn't, and he was my target in every single draft where I owned a pick between 2.05-2.08, I imagine I could've almost moved the ADP w/how many times I auto picked him if he fell to me there and I owned one of those picks. The one instance I didn't, I traded Joe Burrow, Parris Campbell and a '21 3rd for Laviska Shenault, Robert Tonyan, and a '21 2nd back in July (and then I immediately dropped Tonyan lol to make roster space to add Chargers Defense-I got very lucky scraping Tonyan back up from the waiver wire in September before he completely broke out).

Super happy to have Shenault on basically half my dynasty/rso teams (8 of 14), and a little bummed I didn't end up with him on more. Will see if I can sweep him up in the handful of leagues where I don't have him as I doubt the owner is typically as high on him as I am.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:38 pm

dark_knite03 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:28 am He's right there with Boyd and Deebo range for me. However if I was going to gamble on a jags wr I'd rather have Chark.
Look whose got 7/12 shares of both in dynasty?

This guy! :D lol

And yes, the Lawrence/Fields+Jags tanking was part of the reason why I loaded up on both in trades and drafts in the offseason whenever and wherever I could. Believe/Believed in the talent of both, very excited that they've now got a monster QB set to throw to them in '21 (a bit worried that Chark's contract is up soon), they came far cheaper than they should have this past year. Wish I had more shares, but am quite happy I have as many as I do. Hopefully it pays off going forward, was happy w/Shenault but disappointed w/Chark this year, am hoping I'm happy w/both going forward.

Exciting to note that PFF had him 8th in the league in tackles broken for WR's, 12th for contested catch rate grade, which is odd considering they also mention that he was 2nd in the league at contested catch success rate at 72.2%.
Last edited by stoneghost28 on Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:42 pm

He's a known speedster who was running injured and should've fired his agent immediately afterward for not preventing him from engaging in such stupidity.

Reagor also clocked a slow 40 because he decided to bulk up for the weigh in and it screwed up his 40. Actually, for the most part, all the #'s were screwed up in '20 because they switched the combine times to the evening for ratings. They were particularly bad/off for the 3 cone if memory serves.

Regardless, Shenault ran a 4.58 injured, period. If you don't think that's relevant, well, you don't know what you think you know.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:52 pm

Response for Kingsking, not for Sriracha:

Please note:
Shenault's ADOT this past year: 6.24
Chark's ADOT this past year: 14.11

Kinda explains, I don't know, EVERYTHING about the YPC.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:34 am

stoneghost28 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:42 pm
He's a known speedster who was running injured and should've fired his agent immediately afterward for not preventing him from engaging in such stupidity.

Reagor also clocked a slow 40 because he decided to bulk up for the weigh in and it screwed up his 40. Actually, for the most part, all the #'s were screwed up in '20 because they switched the combine times to the evening for ratings. They were particularly bad/off for the 3 cone if memory serves.

Regardless, Shenault ran a 4.58 injured, period. If you don't think that's relevant, well, you don't know what you think you know.
Right the known speedster that had a long catch of 36 yards last year , college and nfl combined averages about 11 ypr and 5 yards per carry. Seems like a real blazer

Again , I like the player and I think he has real potential . He plays physical and his tough to bring down after the catch but he isn’t a burner like some of you guys are leading on .

d3sp3rad0
Rookie
Rookie

Postby d3sp3rad0 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:09 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:54 pm
It’s possible that these two are both elite options with Lawrence.

It’s also possible that Jacksonville signs a big time FA WR and this becomes a mess.
The former possibility is all of the talk, but the latter point (and very real possibility) is being heavily understated.

JAX has the draft capital and cap space to surround TLaw with even more weapons.
LOS DESPERADOS

2020 startup / 2020 champion

10 team | half-PPR | 1QB | 6-pt pass TD

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB: Dak, Tua, Stafford, Tannehill, Purdy
RB: Saquon, Ekeler, D. Montgomery, Miles Sanders, Kamara, Gainwell, Cordarrelle, D. Henderson, Mark Ingram, Chase Edmonds, Boston Scott, Jordan Mason, Mike Boone
WR: Tyreek, Amari, D.J. Moore, Aiyuk, Jeudy, A. Robinson, Van Jefferson, Laviska, Odell, Hamler, D. Mims,
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Everett, Albert O., O.J. Howard

Taxi: Dyami, Tylan W.

2023 picks: 2.01 (11), 2.05 (15), 3.01 (21), 4.06 (36), 5.04 (44)

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:50 pm

d3sp3rad0 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:09 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:54 pm
It’s possible that these two are both elite options with Lawrence.

It’s also possible that Jacksonville signs a big time FA WR and this becomes a mess.
The former possibility is all of the talk, but the latter point (and very real possibility) is being heavily understated.

JAX has the draft capital and cap space to surround TLaw with even more weapons.
Right? I like both of these guys, but what better way to support Lawrence than to have Chark as the true X on the outside, Shenault as the slot guy, and then sign Godwin and feature him at the Z?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF