Why isn't AJ Dillon going higher in rookie drafts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jrblaha
Captain
Captain

Re: Why isn't AJ Dillon going higher in rookie drafts?

Postby Jrblaha » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:40 pm

If AJD is a RB2 without Jones, than Jones is a RB2 with AJD around. Yesterday AJD without a TD was overall RB13 for the week (someone could pass him tonight), and the second highest scoring rb without a TD. He had 15.7 pts, which is more than Jones for 6 out of the 10 weeks he played. Jones is averaging ~16.1 pts per game on the year. Not sure why it’s “too much” to think of AJD as an RB1 without Jones around, unless maybe Jones is no longer thought of as a RB1 himself. If Jones was out the rest of the year, I’d be shocked if AJD wasn’t ranked as a top 12 option for the rest of the year.
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:04 pm

Dillon looked the part today vs a tough front. Out touched Jones by quite a bit. Not sure why they rushed Jones back with the bye next week, but I guess he was good to go, and it was a huge conference game. I expect a more even split going forward. Such a good 1/2 punch the pack have now.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:08 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:04 pm Dillon looked the part today vs a tough front. Out touched Jones by quite a bit. Not sure why they rushed Jones back with the bye next week, but I guess he was good to go, and it was a huge conference game. I expect a more even split going forward. Such a good 1/2 punch the pack have now.
People probably expecting me to argue, but I agree completely. I think they wanted Jones active in case they needed him since it was a big game. With the game mostly in hand and Dillon playing well there was no need to push it. They will probably do the typical Lafleur thing and split drives going forward. Still think Jones will be the preferred 2 minute offense back.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:09 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:04 pm Dillon looked the part today vs a tough front. Out touched Jones by quite a bit. Not sure why they rushed Jones back with the bye next week, but I guess he was good to go, and it was a huge conference game. I expect a more even split going forward. Such a good 1/2 punch the pack have now.
I like that he continues to do well in the pass game.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:12 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:08 pm
People probably expecting me to argue, but I agree completely. I think they wanted Jones active in case they needed him since it was a big game. With the game mostly in hand and Dillon playing well there was no need to push it. They will probably do the typical Lafleur thing and split drives going forward. Still think Jones will be the preferred 2 minute offense back.
100 percent. If it was vs the Lions, maybe Jones sits. He will absolutely be the 2 minute back, and 3rd down passing down back.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:57 am

Glad I drafted Dillon as a rookie in my one contract league. Always felt he had talent. I have finally been starting him some this year. One of those players that is really cheap to hold on my roster at this point.

He has low mileage and looks to built for the long haul. Could be a future RB1 in GB.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:57 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:57 am Glad I drafted Dillon as a rookie in my one contract league. Always felt he had talent. I have finally been starting him some this year. One of those players that is really cheap to hold on my roster at this point.

He has low mileage and looks to built for the long haul. Could be a future RB1 in GB.
Agreed. For how cheap I got him (early 3rd that year) I'm more than happy holding, and just watching his ADP rise and rise.

Jones has limits of health, we've seen that the last two years. His days as a featured bell cow were never going to eventuate, the new 1a/b is him and Dillon - and for games that GB are blowing out, it's going to be Dillon as the clock killer. The man loves getting 5 tough yards. No more, no less, always 5 yards. :lol:

The biggest question - to me - is whether Rodgers is still going to make good on his trade demand. He holds the nuts right now, that's for sure - if he demands a contract rework to finish his career in GB, then they'll have to give it to him. Hilarious how they tried to take Love as an insurance / leverage against Rodgers holding them to ransom... and it's ended up as something Rodgers is now using against Gutenkust as a ransom. You've gotta love it.

The only upside I could see for A-Rod (and Davante) leaving would be that GB would probably become run heavy - much like the week that Adams was out, and somewhat like the week Love started.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:34 pm

20211212_223058.jpg
20211212_223058.jpg (43.87 KiB) Viewed 509 times

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:35 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:34 pm 20211212_223058.jpg
:roll:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:26 pm

Dillon is being used to milk the clock with the lead tonight. His role has expanded as the season has gone on, and I expect a time share next season, as this season. Dillon has out touched Jones tonight, but Jones has found the EZ twice. Great 1-2 punch the Packers have. I am glad I have Jones in best ball.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:35 pm
MFundercover wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:34 pm 20211212_223058.jpg
:roll:
It's nice that he has friends to share the joy of football with. :lol:

Solid running from Dillon tonight, I agree with your post. This is a 1-2 punch for the forseeable future. Jones will continue being a RZ threat, and Dillon will continue extending Jones' career. When an offense is this good, you want any piece in it you can get.

I guess that's the real question now... all eyes on A-Rod, and 2022.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:19 pm

Taking a meme a little too seriously sheesh. I say one thing here and I get the electric chair :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:41 am

MFundercover wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:19 pm Taking a meme a little too seriously sheesh. I say one thing here and I get the electric chair :lol:
:lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:14 pm

In terms of a football pick, good looking pick by the Pack. This time of year, this guy is a huge asset to what they are trying to do. The Love pick was terrible, but a lot of people were questioning the Dillon pick, too. That pick was a good one in the late 2nd.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:45 pm

What an absolute dog of a player. Never going to have the chance to sniff the top 10 in RB rankings. Jones>Dillon therefore Dillon=TD dependent dog s hit

/s
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06