Why isn't AJ Dillon going higher in rookie drafts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Why isn't AJ Dillon going higher in rookie drafts?

Postby MFundercover » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:55 pm

He's an RB2 that is TD dependent to be anything more, and that's without Aaron Jones or another back splitting time. It's a long path for Dillon to be an above average fantasy asset.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:08 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:55 pm He's an RB2 that is TD dependent to be anything more, and that's without Aaron Jones or another back splitting time. It's a long path for Dillon to be an above average fantasy asset.
His pace today was good for RB7 (5 points away from RB5) last year with 0 TDs based on today's stats .. ?? obviously he won't be a flat 100 yards per game that is quite the feat, but He has been averaging 100 total yards over the last 3 games so I wouldnt say it's hard to think of him as a 85+ yards per game type player going forward (good for 1450 yards and let's say 3.5 receptions a game which would be 60 receptions, with 0 TDs that is 205 points which is good for RB 16 with 0 TDs) sounds pretty good to me. And looking at those implied yardage totals and where that would out him with 0 TDs it kind of implies that every RB is TD dependent to break away from the pack
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:29 pm

lmao

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:37 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:55 pm He's an RB2 that is TD dependent to be anything more, and that's without Aaron Jones or another back splitting time. It's a long path for Dillon to be an above average fantasy asset.
Some words have meaning, and it is important to make sure that they actually keep their meanings. Else, we lose all ability to describe things, and struggle to make sense of this cruel and crazy world that keeps handing us L's.

Take, for instance, the term "TD dependent".

I believe you have gotten it into your head that a back that just got 17 touches in a semi-featured role and averaged 5.88 yards per touch -good for 100 yards - is somehow a "touchdown dependant" player. This is an unfortunate conclusion, and indeed I fear for your mental and holistic wellbeing. (I am still open to smoking whatever you are smoking, however)

If this is true, then what do we call the Zach Mosses, the Devontae Bookers, the Carlos Hydes of the world? Are these our chosen kings? Do the words even matter anymore? I ask you again, neigh, implore you: please pour me some of that heavy liquor you are imbibing.

Is Zeke Elliot, who went 68 yards on 15 touches today, a touchdown dependant RB2? Clearly, the answer is yes.

Is Dalvin Cook - who was actually -less- efficient than AJD today, and who only managed 15 more yards on 8 more touches - a touchdown dependant RB2? Because that touchdown he scored would apparently make him dependant if his name was AJ Dillon, so again, clearly, our conclusion is yes.

Please help me, for I am dreadfully confused here, and asking for a friend.

ps: the friend is you.

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:43 pm

mild wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:37 pm
Some words have meaning, and it is important to make sure that they actually keep their meanings. Else, we lose all ability to describe things, and struggle to make sense of this cruel and crazy world that keeps handing us L's.

Take, for instance, the term "TD dependent".

I believe you have gotten it into your head that a back that just got 17 touches in a semi-featured role and averaged 5.88 yards per touch -good for 100 yards - is somehow a "touchdown dependant" player. This is an unfortunate conclusion, and indeed I fear for your mental and holistic wellbeing. (I am still open to smoking whatever you are smoking, however)

If this is true, then what do we call the Zach Mosses, the Devontae Bookers, the Carlos Hydes of the world? Are these our chosen kings? Do the words even matter anymore? I ask you again, neigh, implore you: please pour me some of that heavy liquor you are imbibing.

Is Zeke Elliot, who went 68 yards on 15 touches today, a touchdown dependant RB2? Clearly, the answer is yes.

Is Dalvin Cook - who was actually -less- efficient than AJD today, and who only managed 15 more yards on 8 more touches - a touchdown dependant RB2? Because that touchdown he scored would apparently make him dependant if his name was AJ Dillon, so again, clearly, our conclusion is yes.

Please help me, for I am dreadfully confused here, and asking for a friend.

ps: the friend is you.
Wouldn’t waste your time or breathe on him anymore Mild. Facts and logic don’t matter him. He’s clearly just a troll.
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:51 pm

Jrblaha wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:43 pm Wouldn’t waste your time or breathe on him anymore Mild. Facts and logic don’t matter him. He’s clearly just a troll.
You call that a waste? That was fine art, my friend. :lol:

It's always fun to powerbomb a lazy statement through the wrestling mat. And ol' MF is indeed the laziest!

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:59 pm

If you think today was evidence that the Packers plan on turning Dillon in to a bellcow any time soon you're going to be disappointed. Today was his chance and he did exactly what I said he would. Hes a good player and I never said otherwise, but he didn't show anything that made anybody say he has to get a huge workload now. Just take the L. It's not happening.

Jones will be returning to his 1a role going forward. And it's hilarious you cite his workload when BOTH running backs were out. That is literally the definition of a handcuff. I get it, you thought you were getting Derrick Henry but you got Alexander Mattison. It's not a bad consolation prize. Why so mad about it?

Call me a troll all you want, just because you don't agree (kind of childish imo) but everything I've said about Dillon so far has been right. You all just seem mad about it for some reason.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:57 am

MFundercover wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:59 pm Call me a troll all you want, just because you don't agree (kind of childish imo) but everything I've said about Dillon so far has been right. You all just seem mad about it for some reason.
you just seem obsessed with "being right".

in other news, he had 73% of the RBs carries, was third on the team in targets, second in receptions. he's produced about a 100 yards with that. kinda looks like a bellcow role, with jones out.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:03 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:57 am
MFundercover wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:59 pm Call me a troll all you want, just because you don't agree (kind of childish imo) but everything I've said about Dillon so far has been right. You all just seem mad about it for some reason.
you just seem obsessed with "being right".

in other news, he had 73% of the RBs carries, was third on the team in targets, second in receptions. he's produced about a 100 yards with that. kinda looks like a bellcow role, with jones out.
:lol:

Nope. It has to do with the "facts and logic dont matter" comment to me, when everything I'm saying ends up being correct. If Dillon took over the backfield with Jones active I would take the L. I wouldn't double down when I was obviously wrong like they have.

And..no bleep? Every running back would be a bellcow when the other two running backs that have been active are inactive. That isn't going to happen going forward and you'd be a complete fool to think Jones return wont significantly eat in to his workload. What is even the point of thos post?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:10 am

I don't get this constant back and forth... this is what I've seen

Dillon supporters: Dillon good. Jones is out, Dillon will be good. Jones back, Dillon probably not that useful until 2023 when Jones could be a cap casualty

MFU: Dillon good. Jones will be back and Dillon won't be useful

Like aren't you all in agreement? But instead everyone is saying, no, I'm the one that's right. But everyone is saying the same thing.

Unless you're really splitting hairs over MFU saying he's an RB2 without Jones and the supporters think he's an RB1 without him. Either way, isn't everyone in agreement that Dillon is the 1b AT BEST when Jones is back? I wouldn't be comfortable starting Dillon in the fantasy playoffs if Jones is healthy

As for dynasty, it's encouraging to see that Dillon looks good as the lead back. 6 Receptions is good for any RB. But one of his size? That's impressive. It all comes down to when Jones is gone for Dillon. I sold once Jones resigned fwiw

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:26 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:10 am I don't get this constant back and forth...
I think the same thing for most of the long back & forth arguments on this board. It's fighting over very narrow definitions. Not worth the time.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:33 am

"These ARE Derrick Henry numbers. Discount Yung Henny, perhaps?"

"Idk how long Jones is out but he’s a RB1 for as long as Jones is gone imo."

"Ratio wise it’s over 400% more points, without Jones"

"You don't have to be on board every good-looking train around here; especially as this one has clearly left the station without you."

These statements are all too much for me, just trying to rein in expectations with fActS nd lOgiC. I have no doubt Dillon can and will have RB1 weeks, but yesterday will be the norm for him.

And I still think long term, the Packers want a running back that can be a receiving threat downfield and Dillon will never be that. Best case scenario for him is Rodgers leaves, Jordan Love stinks, and they have no choice but to turn in to a ground it out run first offense, and Aaron Jones falls off. That's his only path and there are a lot of ifs there. Hes still a gamble, but people are already celebrating like hes already there. Hes not.

Edit: And with that I'm done for now. I have no idea why every disagreement in fantasy football is perceived as argumentative and devolves in to a fight. Believe it or not I don't want to fight anyone, and I'm kind of sick of the culture. It's not just dlf, and it's not just me. Making me want to give up the game alltogether.
Last edited by MFundercover on Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:37 am

Yep, I see your logic here MFundercover. Seems to be a lot of back and forth here but not getting too far. Dillon is a depth peice and a flex player when Jones is healthy. He is a nice rb2 when other rb options from GB are not healthy. Jones contract extention put Dillon's progress toward stable fantasy relevancy on hold. AJD looked very serviceable but not great vs the Vikings with his 73% carry ratio. Like stated above, with Jones healthy, very few would want to start Dillon in the playoffs or a must win match up.

Two years from now, when Dillon will have a shot at being the primary ball carrier for the Packers, this likely is an entirely different offense as Rodgers is not likely to be there. We don't know enough about Love Tough to say more than this with confidence at this time.

Side note; I moved Dillon, T.Lance, and a future 3rd for M.Andrews a bit over a week ago in our HOF league and do not regret it one bit.
Last edited by Jfever on Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:47 am

He got me 15 fantasy points without scoring a td, I’m thrilled lol

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:34 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:03 am What is even the point of thos post?
being annoying?