Why doesn't CPatt convert to RB? The Cordarelle Patterson Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Why doesn't CPatt convert to RB?

Postby grooner » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:10 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:52 pm
grooner wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:02 pmMost of this thread seems unnecessary after the first 5ish posts.
LOL, I love that movie. Great gif.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:46 am

grooner wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:10 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:52 pm
grooner wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:02 pmMost of this thread seems unnecessary after the first 5ish posts.
LOL, I love that movie. Great gif.
I'm literally just here to serve. :thumbup:
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:39 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... with-bears

Patterson to join Bears.

Maybe the plan is not to move Howard, but to have another RB Cohen somewhere else and have Howard/Davis/Patterson triple threat. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:41 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:39 pm http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... with-bears

Patterson to join Bears.

Maybe the plan is not to move Howard, but to have another RB Cohen somewhere else and have Howard/Davis/Patterson triple threat. ;)
Was that a Joystick putdown ? :thumbdown:

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:15 am

Nagy gets his gadget player since Cohen turned out to be much more than that?

5 mil guaranteed seems a lot
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:18 am

I'm sure Nagy will line both Cohen and CP in the backfield and force matchups he likes. Plus give CP a small package at wildcat and a deep shot or 2 a game. I figure CP will also take over the return duties, so that's less wear and tear on Cohen.

If it's none of those, then I have no idea.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Cordarrelle Patterson

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:06 pm

SO recent reports have it that the bears may convert him to a RB, Rotoworld posted this .

Cordarrelle Patterson is in meetings with the RBs, not WRs, during training camp, according to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.
Patterson saw reps as a running back in 2018 with Josh McDaniels and the Patriots, taking 42 carries for 228 yards and two touchdowns. It has simply never come together for Patterson at the receiver position, as he's always been at his best with the ball in his hands. The Bears' running back depth chart is extremely shallow, with the likes of Ryan Nall and undrafted free agent Artavis Pierce backing up David Montgomery and Tarik Cohen. Patterson's name might be penciled in at the position shortly.

He has a career YPC avg of 7.6, so he has been affective when giving the ball out of the backfield.

any of you like him if he becomes a full time RB, I know hes 29, but he hasn't had the wear and tear of that of a true RB.

I think its interesting to say the least
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Cordarrelle Patterson

Postby Ray Finkle » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:29 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:06 pm any of you like him if he becomes a full time RB
If he’s WR eligible still...and it’s non ppr...and I’m tanking

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:05 pm

Don't see any way he has meaningful volume regardless of his position. He's behind Montgomery and Cohen at RB, and the Bears are not an offense that is going to support a bunch of fantasy production.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:55 pm

Patterson has never really been Fantasy relevant in your lineup, outside of a handful of games towards the end of his rookie year. Not sure why it would start now.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:18 pm

Too little, too late, for fantasy relevance I think. This is something teams shoulda done years ago imo. Of course it’s easy to say “just get him the ball” and maybe harder to actually do in game time, I don’t understand why teams didn’t give him more looks at straight RB. Not even ‘gadget’ - just plain snaps at RB. The one team that did? We all revere as a genius, right?

And as a vikes fan it’s frustrating doubly cuz I thought Harvin should’ve got a handful more carries a game too.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:42 pm

honcho55 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:18 pm Too little, too late, for fantasy relevance I think. This is something teams shoulda done years ago imo. Of course it’s easy to say “just get him the ball” and maybe harder to actually do in game time, I don’t understand why teams didn’t give him more looks at straight RB. Not even ‘gadget’ - just plain snaps at RB. The one team that did? We all revere as a genius, right?

And as a vikes fan it’s frustrating doubly cuz I thought Harvin should’ve got a handful more carries a game too.
It would make the Gibson comparison more relevant.... :biggrin:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:37 pm

I've been trying to figure out Patterson for a while now. MFL has him as one of the most productive FAs in several of my leagues and is projected to challenge his career high in receptions. Now, we have training camp reports. Getting heavy RB snaps, some describing him as adjusting to a position switch.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bears/gameday/co ... ion-change
https://www.chicagobears.com/news/patte ... w-position
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bear ... eport/amp/
https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/b ... utType=amp
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears ... e-2020?amp
Garafolo noted that the head coach Matt Nagy had visions of using Patterson more in the backfield when he signed him to a two-year, $10 million contract last offseason, but it was never able to fully come to fruition. In 2019, Patterson rushed for just 103 yards on 17 carries. Those attempts appear like they'll increase tenfold in 2020 as Nagy looks to be more creative with his playcalling, no matter who wins the quarterback competition between Nick Foles and Mitch Trubisky.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:04 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:37 pm I've been trying to figure out Patterson for a while now. MFL has him as one of the most productive FAs in several of my leagues and is projected to challenge his career high in receptions. Now, we have training camp reports. Getting heavy RB snaps, some describing him as adjusting to a position switch.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bears/gameday/co ... ion-change
https://www.chicagobears.com/news/patte ... w-position
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bear ... eport/amp/
https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/b ... utType=amp
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears ... e-2020?amp
Garafolo noted that the head coach Matt Nagy had visions of using Patterson more in the backfield when he signed him to a two-year, $10 million contract last offseason, but it was never able to fully come to fruition. In 2019, Patterson rushed for just 103 yards on 17 carries. Those attempts appear like they'll increase tenfold in 2020 as Nagy looks to be more creative with his playcalling, no matter who wins the quarterback competition between Nick Foles and Mitch Trubisky.
Don't believe any of it. Patterson has been getting screwed by NFL teams for years. Nagy told him he would use him in special ways and then abandoned it. Patterson looked like a stud running back for the patriots when all of the other backs got hurt, but as soon as they could go the next week Patterson was forgotten about. Coaches do not care about success if it doesn't fit into their system. They will never adjust their system to fit a player.

That's why you should be weary of Gibson. They will get him 3 touches a game at best. Even if he scored on 33% of his touches, he will not be given any extra. It's just the way that these rigid, non flexible coaches operate
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:40 am

TheNuts wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:04 am Don't believe any of it. Patterson has been getting screwed by NFL teams for years... Coaches do not care about success if it doesn't fit into their system. They will never adjust their system to fit a player.
It's just the way that these rigid, non flexible coaches operate
I agree don't believe any of it with cpatt. He has never lived up to the fantasy hype. But at some point I have to imagine that winning games is the top priority of football teams. And perhaps in the end the player just can't get it done consistently. I'd say players like Mike Vick certainly had a system changed to cater to them. The Bears did try to change their system for Hester and it just never worked out.

Sometimes I think if you need to design a whole system around one player it just won't be worth it. They have to be a generational talent/near unstoppable. Otherwise other teams can pretty quickly key in on what is going to happen and the other players won't fit in. But I've never been a football coach so I can't say for sure. Maybe they are just set in their ways.