Antonio Gibson Rocket Ship - Round 2

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby jordanzs » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:36 am

I took him in 2 leagues at 2.9. In one of them, a major redskins (uhhhh I mean Washington football team) homer was at 2.8 but he took McFarland instead. Score!

In another league, claypool went at 2.8. I ended up reading Gibson for claypool a month ago.

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:44 am

I traded away Herbert, J-Rob, Gibson and Jefferson for Mahomes and Barkley a few weeks ago.

Starting to feel regrets right now.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:22 am

MattDeezy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:44 am I traded away Herbert, J-Rob, Gibson and Jefferson for Mahomes and Barkley a few weeks ago.

Starting to feel regrets right now.
Ouch. Thats a hefty price. But you never know whats on the other side of the question marks. It could work out for you big time if the RB narrative shifts completely on both sides.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:35 am

He's obviously better in space and looked great yesterday. I couldn't help but notice on at least 4 or 5 of his runs that McKissic was set in motion to the weakside and the OL was able to focus on the other side of the field. Not sure it really means much, just an observation I had, but I would think defenses would key in on that strategy

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:02 am

Posted this in the week 12 thread after seeing some gibson comments, just want to share my thoughts again here.

I dont like the "holes were pretty big" argument against him or any RB for that matter. We have seen traditional RBs miss gaping holes before, its a team game and we cant discount gibsons (or any RBs) performance because he did just what he should do, then burned the rest of the defense for 2 long TDs. Gibson doesnt have the traditonal RB moves of jukes, stutter steps, spins etc however burst is literally the last of his issues, thats his number one talent. He has good vison and definitely good power as well. He is probably never going to look or play like a traditional RB and in evaluating him people need to try and understand that. He does have a nose for the Endzone though and has since college, so this isnt something new and perhaps its just how he is. He is a very unique player and because of this he is probably going to be very polarizing through out his career. He is on my team and even im unwilling to be all in on him, ( i have called him an ugly runner before) but im also unwilling to trade him unless im getting a haul. For instance i would not do him for Josh Jaconbs straight up if that were ever offered.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:31 am

Jacobs > Gibson

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:04 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:02 am Posted this in the week 12 thread after seeing some gibson comments, just want to share my thoughts again here.

I dont like the "holes were pretty big" argument against him or any RB for that matter. We have seen traditional RBs miss gaping holes before, its a team game and we cant discount gibsons (or any RBs) performance because he did just what he should do, then burned the rest of the defense for 2 long TDs. Gibson doesnt have the traditonal RB moves of jukes, stutter steps, spins etc however burst is literally the last of his issues, thats his number one talent. He has good vison and definitely good power as well. He is probably never going to look or play like a traditional RB and in evaluating him people need to try and understand that. He does have a nose for the Endzone though and has since college, so this isnt something new and perhaps its just how he is. He is a very unique player and because of this he is probably going to be very polarizing through out his career. He is on my team and even im unwilling to be all in on him, ( i have called him an ugly runner before) but im also unwilling to trade him unless im getting a haul. For instance i would not do him for Josh Jaconbs straight up if that were ever offered.
I just don't see it r.e. burst, he is definitely fast particularly in the open field but I feel he needs a few yards to get up to top speed. I'm trying to buy him as I don't see an issue with any of that and think he uses his strengths perfectly.
I'll go back this week and watch some more if him this year to see if I've miss judged his burst.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:14 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:31 am Jacobs > Gibson
As a Jacobs owner, I agree but I'm not feeling good at all about it

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:18 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:14 pm
I do want to clarify this take a bit. Jacobs is the superb real NFL player by a lot and probably always will be. But from a fantasy perspective i want gibson for all the upside we are seeing in a bad situation. Jacobs is a great player not performing great because of the situation he is in. Gibson is a good player performing great in a bad situation. I also just see gibson getting better and better.

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:07 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:18 am
I do want to clarify this take a bit. Jacobs is the superb real NFL player by a lot and probably always will be. But from a fantasy perspective i want gibson for all the upside we are seeing in a bad situation. Jacobs is a great player not performing great because of the situation he is in. Gibson is a good player performing great in a bad situation. I also just see gibson getting better and better.
Yup. Obviously too soon to use the term "great" for Gibson (but it's coming!).

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:14 pm

prinefan wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:07 am

Yea, I’ll bite the bullet on this one. He not only has the IT factor, but he is highly adaptive and benefits from playing in the worst division in history.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:43 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:14 pm
prinefan wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:07 am

Yea, I’ll bite the bullet on this one. He not only has the IT factor, but he is highly adaptive and benefits from playing in the worst division in history.
Good points. But according to 4X4, he is also playing behind the 3rd worst O-line in the NFL.

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:58 pm

As Gibson heads into the more difficult part of his season (in terms of potential fantasy production) I’m really interested to see how they use him in the passing game. His best receiving game came against the Ravens where they had designed screens from the WR position set up for him. Other than that I’ve been disappointed in this aspect of his game.

This gives me some more hope for next year too. His running touchdowns should naturally regress but does Washington start incorporating him into the receiving game more? At the very least we know his receiving touchdowns will probably swing the other way next year too.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:09 pm

Kurtrambis1 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:58 pm As Gibson heads into the more difficult part of his season (in terms of potential fantasy production) I’m really interested to see how they use him in the passing game. His best receiving game came against the Ravens where they had designed screens from the WR position set up for him. Other than that I’ve been disappointed in this aspect of his game.

This gives me some more hope for next year too. His running touchdowns should naturally regress but does Washington start incorporating him into the receiving game more? At the very least we know his receiving touchdowns will probably swing the other way next year too.
No worries about his receiving going forward.

The screen passing game is very complicated for an offense as it's like a symphony with a lot of moving parts that have to work together. This wasn't a strength of theirs but it is something that the coach likes to do. Give them a training camp to really work on it and this aspect of the game will come around.

Don't see his rushing TD's regressing. He is already entering elite production territory with very little experience. He is going to get better.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:41 am

This thread is going to be (it already is) an interesting one to revisit.

From his days at Memphis, Gibson's skill set was impressive. Like, hmm, let me watch that again impressive... Like, hey, come here, you gotta see this kid impressive.... His lack of use in that Memphis offense was criminal and very tough to explain / understand. His production on limited touches was elite. His explosiveness and big play ability - off the charts. His nose for the stripe - elite. His toughness and strength - good, his straight line speed, good..... and - He (if used in the right way) has top 10 fantasy production potential due to his great receiving and open feild running skills. I've seen this in his skill set from day one - and hoped he'd be drafted by a coaching staff that saw it in him as well. As it turns out (so far) what I hoped would come to fruition, is.

I'm a fan and have been a fan since the first day I saw his Memphis tape. Only landed him in one of my leagues due to the depth of the WR class. But, very happy to own him in our DLF HOF league.

I too would not entertain trading Gibson straight up for Jacobs.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.